How good or bad is a 694 credit rating? I'm 23 years old and I live in Canada

How good or bad is a 694 credit rating? I'm 23 years old and I live in Canada.

Attached: 1515946300273.png (845x720, 1.13M)

700 is the national average in the US, so you're doing alright.

depends what you want to buy

its fine

you are considered "low risk"

meaning you'll probably get approved for things like credit cards if you call them

or a couch at leons

I don't live in Canada, what does the number represent?
Here, we just get an amount.
Like my credit card is $6k.

Thats not your credit rating. That's the limit of your charge card.

>750 credit rating
lmao creditlets

>creditlets?

wow, really grasping at those superior straws there buddy

How do I build credit if my bank denied me a credit card?

I didnt know how credit cards worked so the first one I got I didnt pay off for like 3 months. It was like 250 dollars. But I paid it off and now every fucking card I apply for I get denied.

Somebody is sounding a little bit 5'11" today :^)

Pay your bills on time. Any bill.

I live at home. The plan was for me to build credit and save up money over time to eventually put a down payment on a house with a friend and try to pay mortgage. I mean between the two of us we could probably put down a pretty nice down payment on an average house.

That's not happening with bad credit. You do have a car, don't you? Car insurance?

Yeah I bought a car like 8 months ago. I pay 200 a month but Im on my parents insurance. I realize I gotta build my credit first. What about a secure credit card? Does that usually work? My banker was very unclear about all this.

Credit cards are credit cards. Get your own insurance, getting a quote literally takes ten minutes on the phone and three more to make the switch. If the lien on the car is in your name and not your parents, you are building credit.

Also ask better questions at the bank when trying to get information.

Credit Karma says my score is 587. Is that really bad?

It's lmao tier. You're not buying a house with those numbers.

Yeah get one of those secured credit cards that help you (re)build your credit. If you have bills currently like a car payment, student loans, cell phone, etc. make sure you continue to pay that shit on time.

What kind of credit card have you been applying for? Is it an entry level card with a low credit limit or one of those "premium" travel rewards card?

I mean as I said Im not planning on doing it soon. I want to build my credit. It says transunion score is 587 and equifax score is 685.

I had a meeting with my banker and she said she would get me an entry level card that has high approval ratings. I told her about the first incident where I didnt pay off my JC Penny card and she said I should get a secure credit card but she'll still try to get me the entry level credit card. I never got a letter telling me I was approved or denied so I figured I was just denied.

I guess I gotta start putting things in my name cause Im still on a ton of family plans.

Lately Ive been paying for community college on my own monthly rather than taking the grant. Will that build credit?

Is it on your name? Are you in America? I'm suprised you couldn't get even one credit card. I got mine at 18, ised it for everything and i just pay it before the due date. The best way to use a credit card is to use it like a debit card

Yeah it was in my name and I am in America. She told me that I probably wouldn't get approved because I have no credit history besides one JC Penny card that I went a couple months without paying. She also told me I would for sure get a letter telling me if I was denied or approved so I feel like she didnt even file it.

Taking a look at my credit karma account though the only negatives on it are so few accounts opened. I guess I gotta get a secure credit card or something cause I want to build my credit. I am good with paying bills. The only issue I had with the JC Penny card was the people over the phone made it very difficult to pay off. People who barely spoke English and had terrible reception.