I feel like shit because I'm not so good in maths as I want to be. What do I do...

I feel like shit because I'm not so good in maths as I want to be. What do I do? It's like I'm mentally unable to get good at it

Attached: Cursed_7ff7bd_6360297.jpg (587x594, 98K)

This probably doesnt apply to you but my brother has dyscalculia which is basically dyslexia for numbers. You may have this or your brain may just prefer words naturally. Watch online stuff and practise questions ia the best way for me to revise and get better if you are really serious

Do what I do - take the hybrid course. If you have a triple digit IQ you can just use your online course's "help me solve this" function, and depending on the problem, you can
>learn the pattern that the numbers take and just treat the problems like a puzzle
Or
>just learn it normally
I bullshitted my way to a B in MAT 101, pre-calc, and calc like this. Also helped me A LOT that each class had a huge review before each test and final, so my normal routine is to 1., bullshit and get 100% (or near as close) on my homework, then 2., cram using the reviews so I can swing the best grade possible on my big tests. Is it ideal? NO, not if you're going towards a job that WILL require maths constantly... but I ended up as a game warden, so fuck it, I rarely use algebra on the job.

Bump

Brandon Kun!!! >///< Arigato! Me so Drunka Drunka right nowwww (╯▽)╯ So happy to find you~! (^ ω ) Meenie weenie otaku in the courtyard yelled at me (O-O) But death comes to all one day!! (〃°ω°〃) hehe~ am I a bad person bwandon kun?? x3 These dummy wummies don't know about memphwissss! (ノ´ з )ノ dey is so triggered (O_O;) but me is desu desu fuuuuucked up (´• ω •)ノ ooh! I didn't know hentai-chan was playing at this panel! Super kawaiiiiii =w=

Attached: 1 KKk-ZdVugP7sOdADMhcHrQ.jpg (1200x675, 90K)

Fuck off

What about learning from textbooks? I have my exams next month(One could say I'm the senior year of high school, but I'm in Poland) and I don't think I have the time to learn it all.

So you think online courses would help me?
Honestly, I think I like maths, but I'm frustrated with it because I'm not as good in it as I want to be.

go to tutoring if your school has a tutoring program, or ask a teacher questions obviously

Ok, thanks.

I go to a tutor every wednesday, and I don't really know if it bears fruit

are all those dudes pissin in the same urinal?

I don't know

It's a bonding experience

More like hannds on bonding.

Bump

Yeah textbooks are good as well, work through the questions they give you too

Thanks

you know when people say that someone has the marbles for a certain thing?
thats very true for math, math is just something some people are naturally worse or better at, but everyone can get good through practice. so if youre that desperate, practice

I'm aware of that. I always wondered why that is.

I do try to practice. I think I'll start going from the complete basics and work my way up

Not sure OP, sometimes I think it may be genetic or something. In my family, practically EVERYONE is ignorant or doing entry level jobs like janitorial, housekeeping, etc. Then again, no one even finished grammar school so there's that but two of my cousins are exceptionally intelligent one of them getting the highest distinction in his uni in the engineering department. I think his bro is autistic or has aspergers tho.

In my case, I tried working in McDonald's and struggled a bit with numbers on the monitor when I was cooking stuff. I knew I couldn't be this bad because I did well in a lot of higher math courses like calc but for some reason I can't even do basic arithmetic with confidence. If someone in the street were to stop me and ask me to do basic arithmetic by giving me a few numbers to compute, I would probably choke. That's how bad I am, I guess I'm just slow.

Well it's different for me. I can do kind of advanced multyplying and dividing and adding etc in my head practically. I just get annoyed I can't learn the material fast enough, and that I don't understand some of the things going on

>learn the material fast enough

Therein lies your problem, you lack patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. My cousin was doing calc since he was 8 years old so you can imagine how he pulled off the level of skill he has now. He practically rivaled guys that ended up graduating from MIT.

That's true.

But you have to understand, I've got 16 days left until my finals. Rome would have to built in 2 weeks in my case

Khanacademy.org
openstax.org

Thanks

Theres a big genetic component. My dads a physicist. Both his parents are math professors. I started finding my own way to do math by age 4. I have a degree in physics, and I was always at the top of my class. It came easily to me and the math was very intuitive for me.

On the other hand, my sister isn't like that at all. Shes not logical whatsoever. She did very well in math classes (she didnt take any in college) through memorization. She started off by memorizing multiplication tables in elementary school, memorizing formulas, etc... Stuff I did intuitively through my own methods, she did by memory alone.

So you might be actually shit at logic (which doing math intuitively takes), but you can mask it by memorizing alone. Don't go for a math or physics major, but for everything else memorization will suffice.

Right. Is there a way to start thinking more logically?