Is chloroform suitable for suicide?

Is chloroform suitable for suicide?
How much would I need to drink?

I only found a reference of a woman who killed herself with it, but there was no remark about her bodyweight for dose reference.

Attached: 1523909078414.jpg (1178x960, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Hamburg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal-burning_suicide
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072697/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you drink enough I guess...
just sniffing it will make you pass out.

What if I pass out from the fumes before I ingest enough?

I'd like to have some sort of dose, e.g.: g Chloroform / kg bodyweight or something

I read about a woman who drank 45 g of Chloroform

Wikipedia :
Lethal dose or concentration (LD, LC):

LD50 (median dose)
1250 mg/kg (rats, oral)

LC50 (median concentration)
9617 ppm (rat, 4 hr)[3]

LCLo (lowest published)
20,000 ppm (guinea pig, 2 hr)
7056 ppm (cat, 4 hr)
25,000 ppm (human, 5 min)[3]

Fumes take a few to kick in so chug
You'll probably just puke it all up as soon as it hits your mouth, feel really fucking nauseous and dizzy until you pass out and, if you don't wake up with terminal organ damage, you'll feel like you have the mother of all hangovers

Just swan dive off a building or blow your brains out. There's a reason the shotgun is so tried and true

If you're trying to off yourself just Google Exit Bag. If you're too lazy to do that then just throw yourself off a minimum 10 story building

How can you get your hands on chloroform and not potassium cyanide?

>25,000 ppm (human, 5 min)[3]
what is ppm? parts per million, like in 25000/1000000 = 25/1000 = 0,025%

you can make chloroform yourself. all you need is bleach and acetone and maybe some lab grade tools which you can buy in stores

How can you get your hands on chloroform and not know what ppm is. Genuinely curious

There are no high buildings in my vicinity.
I live in germany, it is difficult to obtain firearms.

I am a molecular biology student.
I have access to chemicals.

Apperently I suck at my profession.

Can you still explain ppm to me, though please.

You can make it in a pep bucket with some ice. Its just not effective. Might as well drink nitrate paint thiner. You can buy that shit in bulk

>How can you get your hands on chloroform and not know what ppm is. Genuinely curious
How can you get your hands on cocaine and not know what base is?

Gas yourself just like your forefathers gassed the Jews

The wiki literally says.
When ingested, chloroform caused symptoms similar to those seen following inhalation. Serious illness has followed ingestion of 7.5g (0.26oz). The mean lethal oral dose for an adult is estimated to be about 45g (1.6oz).[7]

I do not understand the dosages there, what is ppm supposed to mean?

Is ist the concentration of the ingested solution?
Then how much of this solution was consumed?

Do you have an analytical chemistry lab?
Potassium cyanide s used to detect iron in the 3rd group. Yellow liquid. Says KCN on it.
Just straight up chug it out of the reagent bottle. Should drop you in less than 10 seconds.
Blocks hemoglobin in your blood. Basically instant death.
ppm is parts per milion
like percent is 1/100
ppm is 1/1 000 000
ld50 is the leather dose for 50% of the test subjects scaled up to human. Usually rats. They expose them to different concentrations and when 50% of them die. They define the LD50 based on it.

my heritage is polish, though
my ancestors have been gassed, while not even jewish

Ppm is for gases. N units of chloroform for a million units of air.

I looked it up and the source for that lethal concentration for a human was published in 1933 in German...

No, it is an cell biology lab, most toxic substance is cisplatin and it is locked in.

so ppm is parts per million, but that is just a form of percentage of the solution...
How much of said solution is applied then?
Why would they not give the lethal amount, e.g. in gram or mol!?

9. Tab Biol Per [1933]; 3:231 (in German)

I do not have access to this/can't find it.

gram per gram of body weight. Simply put:
10 ppm would be 10 grams of 100% chloroform to 10 to 1 000 000 grams of 100% human. Or rat in this case.

A lot of war crime knowledge from the japs and germans turned out to be helpful in understanding dosage, effect, effectiveness of substances as well as extend the understanding of the human body and how it reacts under certain conditions.

Someone basically died to find out the lethal dosage, so OP can consume just the right amount to an hero.

But I only have the liquid (about 220 ml >96%) Chloroform

I do not have a gasifyer

So e.g. 95 kg Human
25000 ppm of 95 = 2.375 kg

So what now?

220ml of 96%
chloroform has a density of 1.49 g/cm3 when its 100%. But we can assume its close enough to 100%.
So that means you have 0.22 * 1.49 = 0.3278g So roughly 0.33g
Assuming your an average obese adult male neck beard of 115kg
thats 0.33/115 000g * 1 000 000. Thats 2.8696 ppm.
Well below the LD50.

>inb4 user baits other user in to doing his homework for him by threatening suicide

Damn, I am a molecular biology student, right at my master thesis and still too stupid after 5.5 years to figur out some basic shit you should be able to solve after hich school...

depression shure takes a toll at your metal capacities

Get more chloroform? or lose a lot of weight

The text here
www.cdc.gov/niosh/idlh/67663.html
Implies that ppm data is for inhalation.

220ml ? With about 1,5g per ml it makes 330g. Ld50 is 1,25g per kg. Say you weight 80kg, an assuming it is as toxic for humans as it is for rats, you need to drink 100g, or about a third of your bottle, to have a 50% chance to die.

As for the "gasifier", chloroform boils at 65°C. Just heat it up in a pot.

its also flammable as hell. So don't do it over an open flame stove.
Learned that one the hard way.

Man you're about as bad with this as OP. 220ml=220cm3

True, but I've been out of the metric system for years now.
With this information in mind what you have there is 286.06ppm
Should be be enough to kill you 11 times over.

half kill you 110 times over*

I am 95 kg heavy.

If I were a bunch of rats, I'd need 119 g to kill half of my rats.This are 176,12 ml. At a concentration of 96 % this would be 183.5 ml.

I just checked my bottle and there is just about 200 ml left. Some must have evaporated...

Iguess this is not enough to kill myself reliably

So instead of drinking my stuff, I should boil it and inhale the entire shit!?

I guess. But thats never going to work. Too complex of a setup.
You could hook up a tube to a teapot and than set up a mask. But chances are you'll bass out quickly. vomit and choke on that. or wake up after the best trip of your life.
Still why stick with chloroform? There are easier and simpler ways.
Cut your wrists in the bathtub.
Unless you're going for a theme here

But ppm is for concentration in the inhaled air, not in the body.

yeah but assuming it evens out air/blood levels thorough absorption (b not p) its a safe assumption to use weight.

No, 119g is to be divided by 1,5 to get 79ml. You have more than twice the amount needed to kill half your rats.

I am poor and I want a cheep, painless, quick and unnoticable death.

>Since I am in germany in a region withouth high buildings, bridges or cliffs, I can not jump.
>Railway crossings have become very well secured, unfortunately.
>Guns are very difficult to optain.
>Pharmaceuticals are very expensive and usually require a perscription from a doctor.
>the chloroform was the only thing I could come by, since I stole it from the lab.

Buy a pack of 10 razor blades for like 8.80euro.
If you have a bathtub fill it with warm water. Set in said bathtub. take razor and warm it up in the water. Drag razor from your wrist to your elbow. Proceed to drift in to the abyss.
The warm water helps the body deal with shock I've heard. And if you get the razor warm you wont even feel the cut.
Much easier that all this convoluted math

I do not have a bathtub.
Also cutting open your arteries is painfull and bleeding out takes some time.
Also the mess is enormous.

I'm not sure what you mean but the absorption is already accounted for in the data, which says "inhaling this concentration for such a time is lethal".

Maybe you can make sure by just inhaling chloroform while in a full bathtub, so that you drown once you're asleep.

So your scared of the pain? a gown mid 20s 95kg male that wants to die is scared of pain?
Do you have an electrical outlet? Or better yet a fuse box?

>no bathtub
You're not making it easy.
A lake, a pond or a sea would do too.

Or want me to come over and kill you ?

yeah but when you have infinite chloroform and a bunch of what 100g rats? Its easy to create conditions in witch you have an air concentration of a fixed amount. But when you have a limited amount of chloroform and an adult human taking it in you'll have a changing concentration in the air, and you might not have enough chloroform.

If you could shoot me in the head that would be nice.
Can you come to the university of hamburg?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Hamburg
Pick a building you can access. Residential would be best but hotel and office would work too

Oh, you are right...
God damit, I hate my self so much. Anything I was good at a few years ago, like those concentration calculations, I suck now hard at.

Well, but is the rat model a good reference?
What is the allometric dose translation from rat to human?

None of those building's roofs are accsesible

you don't need a rooftop you need a window.

I do not live in Hamburg, so this seems too complicated for me.

I seem to have not enough chloroform for this suicide attempt. What alternatives do you have?

charcoal is sometimes used
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal-burning_suicide

I'm also eurofag so no gun, sorry.

I suppose sealing the door of a small room would be enough to control the concentration.

Then starting with 25000ppm it would mean 25g per kg of air. 1m3 of air weights 1,2kg... So 30g per m3.
OP has enough for 10m3. That's not much.

So unless he tries to make a sealed exit bag (I suppose chloroform vapour is not lighter than air so a real is needed), the inhalation method won't work.

Ok, I recalculated and I'd need about 84 ml of my solution to kill half of 95 kg worth of rats.

Now I looked up LD comparisons between rats and humans and I found that humans are about 2,5 times more sensible then rats.

This would mean, I'd only need 34 ml of my chloroform solution (which is about 45 g)

You're not making this easy you know.
Wists are the safest bet
Hanging if you have a length of rope and and know how to tie a noose but if you don't you're just gonna vegetable yourself
If you know what you're going you can do it with a belt and a doorknob but i doubt it
Gas if you have a butane tank.
You're really not making it easy. Starting to get the wibe that you don't really want to go thought with it.

Come on man...
I do not want anybody to notice my death.
>I do not have a rope
>I do not know how to tie knots
>I do not have gas tanks

This makes me even more depressed and desperate

even in a sealed exit bad you have to factor in the 5-6 liters of blood that needs to absorb the chloroform at roguishly the same ratio to that of the air. So op has enough for ~5m3 and himself.

>Well, but is the rat model a good reference? What is the allometric dose translation from rat to human?
Who knows ? We don't test toxicity on humans, and extrapolating from rats is certainly inaccurate, our organisms react differently to different substances.

But more seriously, do you really think you will be able to drink your poison when it comes to it ?
I was depressed at your age and considered various ways to kill myself but I lacked courage.
You might do better than me on this point, but frankly if you fear pain I don't think you will.

What would it take for you to take your life worth living ?

I do not really have a life.
I already experience episodes of pain.
Career, family, health, finances are in shambles and beyond repair.
I never had a social life.

26 years of suffering, I never enjoyed living.

>I do not want anybody to notice my death.
Thats pretty much impossible. Someone will find you bloated corpse within a week maximum. Roughly the time it starts to stink.
If you had access to a car you could CO yourself but you're poor.
If you knew your shit you could electrocute yourself and stop your heart but you don't.
If you had a syringe you could give yourself an embolism and stop your heart.
I dont know man. I really dont feel like your working with me on this.

In Hamburg you have the sea. Go there, take a midnight bath with a buoy and your bottle, swim as far as you can, take a few deep breaths of chloroform, fall asleep, sink.
With a bit of luck your body won't drift ashore, and no one will know.

I have acces to a car, so go on please

Get a hose and put it in the exhaust and the the driver side window. Close the window.
Turn on the engine and fall asleep.
Carbon monoxide will do the rest of the work for you

Hamburg is about 125 km away from the north sea.

Except for family and health I shared your situation. I decided to do something positive when I was 27, and started travelling around Europe. It's possible to do it for almost no money, hitchhiking and dumpster diving and volunteering.
It got me out of my hole and gave me a social life.

I feel like giving you a hand right now...

I have got armor tape at hand, so securing the tape would be no problem. I guess I can buy a hose at the local supply store for about 10- 20 €.

Two problems remain:
>how long will it take and how much diesel do I need?
>where can I park the car unnoticed. what are secluded spots in northern germany?

I am not really mobile.
Walking hurts, sometimes so much it is not possible.

I once was interested in biology (got a B.Sc.)
Now I can't get my head around the basic stuff I once aced.

The only moment, where I do not have the urge to kill myself is in the brief moment right after I wake up. But then it is gone and I lack the energy to even get up.

Depending on the car 10-15 min.
And since your not really driving not that much diesel. Max 2l
You don't really need a too secluded spot. Just park in a multifloor parking garage. When was the last time you checked if the cars in your local garage had been nigger rigged in to a diy gaschamber

Ok.
>how long
Not a problem, less than one night.
>where
That's for you to research.

there is no local garage I can access.
there are some at the university, but they are cam recorded and there are a lot of people.

No, in a public garage he runs the risk of a passer by noticing the immobile running car with a hose going out of the exhaust.
A forest track isn't possible?

I do not go out a lot (or at all for some time)

I have no idea. what advice can you give me on such a location?

there are some "forrests", but they are actually tree plantages...
There is usually a lot of activity, ranging from joggers, mushroom gatherers to the foresters.

I thaught about the coasts, but we have coast guards running down the balticum and north sea lines.

the larger lakes are tourist hot spots and the smaller lakes are usually in private hand.

The towns in the north are not really big (except hamburg) and there are not really secluded town areas. We do not really have getthos around here. In fact, we have a shortage on living space in towns, so towns are always full of people every time.

Just find an isolated forest on Google maps.
Drive there before dark so that you don't need to turn your lights on.
Get a pizza on the way and a bottle of wine. Eat and drink as you wait for nightfall.
Then do it.

You can use the chloroform to put yourself to sleep without waiting for the carbon monoxide to act.

>Just find an isolated forest on Google maps.
>Drive there before dark so that you don't need to turn your lights on.
>Get a pizza on the way and a bottle of wine. Eat and drink as you wait for nightfall.
>Then do it.
>You can use the chloroform to put yourself to sleep without waiting for the carbon monoxide to act.

I like the addition of chloroform in your scenario.
I do not like pizza and alcohol very much, but who cares.

So, I just need a secluded area, where nobody cares about a running engine

Replace pizza with whatever you like. Alcohol is useful to repress self preservation impulses, any kind works, wine, beer, cider. Just don't knock yourself out before preparations are done.

maybe I should rent a garage for a month or something, where I can park my car.
Then I could start up the engine with about 5l left in my tank.
I guess before the night ends, the engine will run out of fuel.
Guess by the time I'd be gone already.

Sounds good. If possible find something you can lock from the inside, or that is out of people's way. You really don't want to be rescued halfway through your brain death.

Well I'm going to sleep now. I wish you find the determination to solve your problems neatly, one way or another.

ty very much

Why do you even want to kill yourself?

Chances are you'll probably survive with brain damage and become retarded.

Why do you want to kill yourself ? Why don't you just quit your job ?

Don't you have savings ?

If you don't, apply to jobs at retail stores or macdonalds, they suck but don't need experience, you'll find some time to find out what you want to do about your life except kill yourself.

Also see a therapist

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0072697/
Found this for you.
You're obviously depressed, it's just a phase.
Find a psychiatrist, he'll help you with meds to help feel better, but it'll be only temporary, as you'll need to work with him on your deep down problems and it will take time.
Believe me OP it gets better, even if you don't see how it can, it does.

If chemistry was your dream and now it's gone fuck it, you lived it for a while, it's time to find a new one and live it.

I'm , and .
I'm going to sleep, I hope to see you tomorrow morning OP.

Why I want to kill myself in a nutshel:
>26 y/o
>was bullied heavily for a decade
>never had friends, don't have any now, despite intesive efforts
>kissless, dateless virgin
>health problems; for almost 10 years doctors can't find what is wrong even though something is wrong
> chronic, sporadic appearing pain, can't walk when it comes
>overweight, horizontal and vertical strech marks, acne scars on back
>mother has cancer, it is severe, only person I like will most likely die
>other distant but relatable family members have been diagnoesd with cancer; death is certain within 1-1.5 years
>in conflict with father; he threw me out of house, wishes my death
>financially at end

What I did to get help:
>tried various financial support programms, e.g. bafög or hartz4; got denied
>I tried out sport, but duo to my helth problems only thing I can do is physiotherapy, e.g. at gym; can't afford gym; won't get physiotherapy from doctors cuz no diagnosis
>I tried at least 3 times in the last year to get psychotherapy or psychology support
>at university the psychologist did not care, just told me to maybe apply at a local physician
>tried that, but could barely get through the phone line, got told the waiting time exceeds 6 months and that I should call in again or try a different doctor's office; tried every one in my vacinity, same reply
>every time I try to call the suicide hotline it is busy

status of master studies
>deadline for master thesis is next month
>only have scraped material and method part
>can't focus on introduction and comprehending the literature
>can't come up with creative ideas for results and discussion
>prof's time is also very limited to controll read
>seems like 6 years of study are in vain

current thaughts:
>also every phd application has been denied so far
>26 years, and every single one has been a horror one worse then the other