FUCK WASPS

Brit here who will be spending a year studying in a Southern US state. Knowing my fear, i did some research on what i'd be dealing with.

There are so many species of wasps and hornets and just the very idea of co existing alongside several species of these demons genuinely terrifies me.

How do i get over my crippling phobia of wasps and other flying stinging insects? If i know there is one in my house, i cannot sleep until it is killed. Would permanently coating myself in repellent help?

In the UK I only encounter them throughout late spring and summer, and even then they're quite infrequent. To any Southerners reading this, what is the chance of me encountering one on any given day outside?

Thanks in advance, sorry for having so many questions.

Attached: fotolia_1193171_XS.jpg (877x500, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CzrHFl29DJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they don't bother you if you don't bother them.
they'll fly around you but won't sting you unless you fuck with them. they rarely get close to you. Giant bumble bees don't sting, just wasps and small bees. Mosquitoes bite more than wasps and bees. you will encounter them everywhere outside but they won't bite you. theres more bees than wasps.

Big bees = cute harmless
small bees = don't really bite you even if you fuck with them, you'd have to find a hive which you never do
big wasps = usually just fly around nesting, only fuck with you if you fuck with the nest or try and kill them
small wasps/yellow jackets = tiny bastards who will bite you but you don't ever see them unless you're close to a nest and we have spray that kills them in the nest immediately

I hit a hornet's nest in the tall grass along a fence in Northern TX with a weed eater;
Bastards hit me about 40 times and followed me 200 meters to the Koi pond.
I jumped in and fuckers WAITED FOR ME.
They hit me about 20 more times when I got out ran inside and still had to kill the few left on me.
Anyway, I guess I'm not allergic.
Every sting felt like I had actually been punched.
Drank half a fifth of 80 proof whisky and slept it off.
So...
What kind of environment will you be around?
(I became an expert on hornets and wasps after this incident.)

Just know that those yellow cunts sleep at night and wont fuck with you. If you have nests outside spray them at sunset/night.

The fuckers are territorial so they will fly at you if you get close to their nest. Of course close means around 3ft they're not that hard to avoid. Not too crazy otherwise. Knock the nest over and crush it with your foot after spraying the guys dead because larva will be in there. Raid works wonders. Soapy water works on ants and burrowing wasps.

They ain't all that bad, but wasps are fucking cunts.

Attached: 1524089804747.gif (106x118, 7K)

Unless you stomp their nest you won't be fucked with. I've lived in TX all my life and only been stung once, as a child.

This fuck is retarded, none of these insects bit you, they sting you.

Also bumble bees (the big ones) do fucking sting and they fucking hurt like a mother fucker. I have been stung multiple times by bumble bees doing yard work next to a nest i didnt see.

Do not fuck with bumble bees.

Yeah, he's gonna fucking love yellow jackets! You'll feel like your shins and ankles are on fire all the sudden. Before you know it 20 of those bastards have stung you.

I guess you've never had to use lawn implements, or
Came up unaware on a nest in the eaves you didn't see.
Any vibration of a drill, hammer, etc will set these bastards off.
Good for you that you never had to do Man's Work.

Jesus Christ that sounds like a fucking nightmare..

I will be living around the outskirts of a metropolitan area.

What if one is flying around my head or legs? I would instinctively panic and shoo it away..

Attached: IMG_0797.jpg (960x718, 91K)

You don't really deal with these insects all that often, and when you do you just stay away from them. Why worry about it?

"Outskirts" in the South can be trouble areas, particularly, if you plan on being outside and doing anything productive.
Be still if they are buzzing around you,
They can't see very well.
But they can see bright colors better.
In the heat of the day, there are usually at least two sentinels buzzing around the nest.
Look at where you are going, look down also for hornets nesting in the ground.
If the terrain is kept well, you should be ok.
Once a hornet or wasp hits you,
They leave a scent for the others to attack, and then,
It's game on.
They don't like noise either, so,
Don't scream.
Just run for your bloody fucking life.
And don't fall.
I tripped in a hole while running for my life in above story,
Probably took a dozen hits I didn't have to just for that one mistake.
Recap:
Be aware of where you are,
If one buzzes up on you,
No flailing,
No screaming,
If you get hit,
RUN LIKE HELL.
ProTip: if you are allergic to a bunch of shit, keep some benadryl of epi-pen with you.
That is, if you are lucky enough to swallow benadryl before your throat swells shut.

MY geography is terrible, sorry. After doing some research, I found out that I won't be in the outskirts, but suburbs. So a bit more inwards.

You are still going to have to deal with a bunch of lazy suburban fucks-
Who haven't kept up with lawn and house maintenance.
These Fuckers could be anywhere.
One Wrong Move, user.
There are also 50 different species of venomous snakes in south/southern region...
Almost third world shit.
Are you ready to face the WildWest?

Jesus christ i wish i was there to see the whole thing.

it sounds like a fucking comedy. and i love every word from you

what about spiders? should OP be worry about them too?

shut up nigger god damn autistic just cause I said bite

wasps and yellow jackets actually do bite you by the way, they're flying ants, they have no stingers and don't die when they sting you faggot. Big bumble bees do not sting either all they do is fly around and sniff flowers if you don't bother them. they'll hover right in your face and not even touch you

if it's a big bee shoo it

if it's a small bee you can probably shoo it and nothing will happen but they don't really hover around you they usually go away and just stick to flowers on the ground

if it's a wasp, shoo that bitch run away close the windows etc, kill it, run

if it's a yellow jacket act like a t rex and stay still as fuck and be calm

Black widows and Brown recluses.
They will fuck you up,
As according to their colorful counterparts.
Flesh will rot, but,
Not really a likelihood, unless,
You care to do business in their parts of the hood, that is,
Down and Dirty.

Where are you going to be? I want an international Brit boyfriend who will move me to London ala Harry Prince of Whatever Duke of Money

user doesn't want your BoiAss;
He is concerned with Man-tier shit.

I'm a girl.

really nice of you to say that until you see what OP looks like and then you nope the fuck away. no offense OP but this user here is a special one.

Tits and Timestamp or,
STFU.

It's not like I agreed to fuck him. I just asked the general location of this Britbong. I'm sure he has a hot friend.

The bigger ones you can actually hear buzzing in the south, that have roundish bodies and are really fast and then hover, are carpenter bees.

they are a nuisance because of wood burrowing, BUT they hate wasps and hornets too and harass them away. And they are usually harmless and disinterested in people.

If you see/hear one of these, you're probably in good shape. see how they don't really even care about the camera.

youtube.com/watch?v=CzrHFl29DJA

I suggest getting stung in a controlled environment. worked for me

slut

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

I see, thank you

Nice try, but im far more intimidated by wasps/horneets etc than spiders.

What is the point of this post?
Anyways, ill be in on of these 4 states: Arizona, Texas, Georgia, Florida.

To get rid of your fear? Where are you from?

Attached: 1475444421218.gif (450x510, 47K)

>I jumped in and fuckers WAITED FOR ME.
Bama-boy here. They actually do this?! Fuck that!

>Giant bumble bees don't sting,
Bullshit!! Yes they do. Been stung twice by them bastards

Honestly just get some Raid/Spectrecide and you'll be okay (my city gives it out for free). They have cans that can shoot that shit accurately for 20ft. I've never found a nest with more than a few but exterminators are still a profession.