Unironically how the fuck do you talk to people

Unironically how the fuck do you talk to people

Attached: 8c1.png (600x601, 574K)

bump

You don't. Unless you want more pain and suffering in your life.

Keep life simple and be a hermit. That way, nobody can screw you over like they always, inevitably do.

Have a shared interest to talk about be willing to branch off to random things like personal stories and other such nonsense, Learn to give others room to speak, and also find the right volume don't be too quite or slow. It's painful to learn but once you do it's like riding a bike and as long as you keep conversing with other you'll get better

Don't listen to this guy, one of your biggest obstacles to human interaction and learning more through it ,is discouragement they're like a bucket of crabs here

With your mouth? Conversational skills are acquired - you may note that infants are shit at small talk. The way to acquire any skill is to practise.

I think you've gotten a little mixed up - people like you are supposed to just be advice recipients.

And what exactly makes you think your advice is better than mine?

For a start, mine isn't hypocritically suggesting never talking to people.

By making mouth sounds, start easy, hello how are you

This will usually only lead to a "hi im good, how about you?" Wich is typically followed by a "im good thank you"

If you are in a store and you see a worker looking tired you can even attempt a "long day?"

Meaningful conversation is rare, even among friends, dont expect much, to be scared of saying hi to strangers, you will usually only get a hi back but if eye contact is prolonged and they seam inquisitive as to why you said hi, follow wit a how are you doing, this will make it clear it was only a shallow platitude to brighten both your days

Rule of thumb dont say hi to someone unless you have eye contact, keep at it eventually some conversation will follow, key to conversation is asking questions and sharing something about yourself, good questions are their age their name their occupation where they are from (dont ask where they are from the first thing you do, especially if they are foreign, some people will think it has racist undertones)

You realize people CAN and are happy by not talking to others, right? Nobody should force you to integrate into society if you don't want to.

Trying to integrate yourself with normies when you clearly are not one is the saddest thing to see.

I've always been pretty shy and struggled to talk throughout my teens, i'm getitng more confident now and getting better at talking, however i'm finding when i converse with people i can't handle silences so i say "um" to myself until i find something new to say. Is it normal to find silences in conversations really awkward?

Perhaps a tiny minority of people function fine without social interaction. The overwhelming majority need social contact to maintain their sanity. Why assume OP is one of the former in the absence of any supporting evidence?

the supporting evidence is that he is still most likely sane enough despite not knowing how to talk to people until now.

OP didn't state or even imply that he never talks to people or doesn't want to - only that he has trouble with it and presumably would like to improve. You can be a chronically dysfunctional shut-in all you like, but encouraging people to be similar failures doesn't do you or them any favours, and nor does pretending your lifestyle makes you or anyone else happy.

You are asking him to be a social butterfly.
I am asking him to reconsider going into empty conversations and relationships with people that almost always end badly.

If you ask me, neither is a bad or good advice, he should listen to both. But you on the other hand are clearly thick headed and can't see the other point of view.

>nor does pretending your lifestyle makes you or anyone else happy.
Well, holy shit user. It's good that you are here to tell me exactly how I felt about it, because I never knew until now.

No - I am informing him that if he wants to improve his conversational skills he should have conversations. I can see the other point of view just fine, but I rightly dismiss it as a product of mental illness. If OP shared this mental illness he would not be here asking how to get better at talking to people.

There you go, OP. I am mentally ill because I like to keep to myself, avoid non productive conversations and generally feel better in my own company and around my wife.

This is the kind of people that you want to talk to.

Actually that sounds a lot more reasonable, now that you're not literally suggesting complete social isolation and avoiding having conversations entirely. Being able to hold up one end of a conversation is still a good skill to have though - vital in most professions and for anyone who ever finds themselves with fewer friends etc. than they'd prefer. Unless you and your wife don't even talk to each other surely you'd have to agree with that at least.

mix of both
I don't care about making a bunch of friends and going to parties but if I can't talk my way into a job im fucked
basically I made this thread because a lot of the time when I talk I either run out of shit to say and go in silence or I say autismo shit that ruins everything

the easiest way is to get people to talk about themselves. most are narcissists so they love that.

If you actually remember useless details about their crappy lives, you also get bonus points with them.

As for jobs, just keep shit to the point and don't say anything dumb.

There are always lull in a conversations. notice a big group and you have at most 2 people talking at once. And even them its not a conversation, but story sharing/insult. If u really want to talk to someone ask them questions about themself.