I need help over the most pathetic thing

So about 2 years ago, I ran into some dude on a forum that was extremely good at posting etiquette and debating. Pretty much every person he argued with would obviously come out as the "loser", and this has stuck with me even nowadays. For the past 2 years, every single day, I would obsess over different arguments and posts he made, and try to convince myself that there must be SOME mistake he's made. And even when I do find a possible mistake or counterargument, it's never enough to set my mind at ease. Some days I wouldn't think about it as much, and others it just completely ruins me. I've never seen someone be as good and consistent at arguing as him, and I've been on the internet for over a decade.

It gets so bad sometimes that I try to post some of his opinions on various different sites, hoping someone can unquestionably destroy every argument, but it's never enough. It doesn't even seen to matter whether or not I don't read his posts, because he's almost always making my mind obsess over it. And whenever I do try to read his posts to try and desensitize myself or something, my hearts starts beating fast, and the whole rest of the world around me just ceases to exist.

I know this sounds beyond autistic and pathetic as hell. That's all the more reason why I want this to just go away. I've tried taking some anxiety medicine, but it doesn't help. And I can't talk to anybody IRL about this because not only am I bad at communication, but it's just so embarrassing thinking about telling people how pathetic I am.

If you want to make fun of me, I understand. Go right ahead. But if any of you have any ideas or advice, I would really appreciate it. I'm completely at a loss as to what to do or why this is such a problem for me.

Attached: 1518207700022.jpg (640x480, 31K)

Snap out of it user you need to move on with your pathetic life. admit that you're a loser. and become a winner else where.

take your anger out by yelling or breaking trash somewhere. maybe it could relieve some stress or anger.

i don't think breaking shit will fix anything

Sounds like you came across a person who is good at arguing. Perhaps he was practicing for debate club. If you want to get good at arguing yourself, this is a learned skill but it takes a bit of logic and reason.

lmfao what a loser

please help

Post an example of his debates

Do you need anything specific?

Sometimes in life you meet someone that is better than you, and you're going to meet a lot of people better than you.

If you wish to not meet someone who is better than you, it is very simple. You must take the gun and shoot yourself in the head.

I've met a lot of people better than me, but none of them had this kind of effect on me.

Nope just whatever sticks out to you

you should probably find him and digest his organs and penis and freeze the remains of his body because that's the track you're on it sounds like. also post a debate please

It's natural to be envious of a gifted poster. They are our betters.

jealousy is a wicked beast.

i remember telling my brother something like this, about how there were so many people online better than me at art, and he told me that i was competing with the entire world. if you compare yourself to people who are on the internet you are bound to find people better than you. in real life it might be a tad easier to compete, but when you go online and compete with literally every human being on the planet who has an internet connection, its just not realistic to get upset over some random asshole on the internet.

i know anger isnt exactly the emotion you're feeling but once i got advice to never hold onto anger. it is like drinking poison and hoping for your enemy to feel sick. this guy you are talking about is probably going about life not having a care in teh world, while in the meantime you are fuming at him. you have to do something to move on. I am almost 30 years old. there have been lots of times where i thought i could never let go of the anger or jealousy i had towards certain people, but once i found new things to occupy my time with i soon forgot out those people

Attached: 64344e4e5e0a50ac9f21c2746835f9e3--my-heart-heart-place.jpg (590x579, 39K)

He will always be king to you. Just how life works.

Maybe you can be king to someone?

I think speaking to him directly is the best solution, it might be a bit weird but definitely skip the obsessive part, just tell him that you find his writing impresse. Hopefully if you speak to him directly he will feel more human to you.

The only one I have immediately on me is some Harry Potter debate. And I'd rather not have to go through all of his posts again.

Jfc

?

Thing is, I have yet to find anyone better than this guy at debating.

Try growing a pair

Just fucking post some of his posts

I dunno what this will accomplish, but here's one of his posts about Prisoner of Azkaban being his least favorite:

The time shenanigans weren't all that greatly inserted in to the story

>The whole plot basically amounts to a misunderstanding and it's the most "removed" book from the franchise, with the others feeling more as part of the story. Basically, it feels like the whole book is just stuffing for one detail, one revelation that could have been addressed right away. Heck, why Sirius didn't just reveal himself to Harry outside of his house and quickly explained that Harry was in danger from Pettigrew and that Pettigrew was the one that betrayed his parents, is something that I can't understand. Certainly, any resistance or inconvenience from Harry, or even from the people from the Knight Bus, after seeing Sirius was less important than Harry knowing he was in danger. For that matter, why didn't Sirius simply write a letter to Dumbledore? They were in the order together, so, if he explained some stuff, Dumbledore would, at least check them out. Even an anonymous letter informing that Harry was in danger and that Ron's rat was an animagus would most probably have made Dumbledore at least check it out. He could probably even have done this from Azkaban.

>The final confrontation is basically people being way too stubborn for the sake of drama (Sirius saying "I'm responsible for your parents' death", Snape refusing to listen to anything, etc),

>The final scenes are probably the most "convenient" plot-wise in the whole franchise (it so happened that Lupin didn't take the potion, it so happened that Lupin noticed on the map, it so happened that Snape saw them on the map, and so on)

cont.

>It features the most mind-boggling breach in security in the franchise (Voldemort managing to get inside the school by possessing a weak person, a legendary monster roaming in the school thanks to a chamber set up by one of the founders and a specially created Horcrux, a wizard with polyjuice and extremely talented at occlumency, a vanishing cabinet that no one knew exactly how it worked... all these are WAY more understandable than a single wizard managing to do everything he did in POA for an entire year simply because he was an animagus. And this is done when Hogwarts is in the highest security setting, with even Dementors at the doors. I'm not even sure Sirius even had a wand of his own at the time!).

The first problem I see is that you think there's something to be won or lost. You're taking the entire thing too seriously. Its just a argument, what's his actual life like?

google shows it's from a reddit user called rereboy and their entire post history seems to be Harry Potter based. So this perceived mad genius who's "never" wrong is likely just a huge fanboy who's splurging on something he really likes.

From a dozen or so posts I've read he doesn't seem to be an edgy narcissist who posts just to show how wrong others are, so unsure if OP is jelly. I've encountered a handful of people who post like this rereboy and they all had some asperger's etc irl

pretty hilarious if you're serious OP
glad I came here today

Lol he doesn't seem that good at debating. Deconstructing plot points of Harry Potter? Boring.

No case is unbeatable

The truth in this world is not secure enough — break down your intuitions and see that there’s always some counterintuitive way to beat an argument

The thing I posted wasn't really from one of his debates, just a comment explaining why he wasn't huge on PoA. I don't have an actual argument saved. When he actually argues with someone though, you can see how good he is at it, and he always comes out as the smarter person.

I really wanted to avoid pinpointing who the person was, but oh well. Regardless, Reddit actually isn't the place where his posts first started to get to me. I first saw him on Kanzenshuu, where he proves people wrong and wins arguments just as much as he does on Reddit.

Also, I didn't mean to paint him as some "edgy narcissist". He's usually pretty level-headed.

He's apparently 32 years old and works in law. So yeah, can't really pull the whole "he's just some basement-dwelling NEET" card on him.

What does it matter that this guy subjectively wins every meaningless internet debate he engages in? Maybe he only engages in an argument where he knows he can "win." Plus he is only winning in your mind, which is obviously retarded.

Floyd Mayweather wins every fight are you gonna sperg about that too?

You wouldn't fair well in ancient Athens OP.

Anyways, understand that perhaps the poster has some education in rhetoric or logic. Its a very import academic discipline. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you say, but how you say it.

If you're really upset about it, just study a bit of logic, oratory, rhetoric, and critical thinking. It'll probably clear some things up for you.

If he works in Law OP, then he's had an education in how to argue and debate. I mean it's natural that he'd be good at it.

>he proves people wrong and wins arguments
The post of his you copied is not arguing anything. It's just an analysis. He's pointing out plot holes.
Post actual argument plz.
Seems like autismo envy otherwise.

>32 year old lawyer writes critical analysis of mediocre children's novel
Isn't that kinda like being obsessed with Babe Ruth after he hits a home run in Tee-Ball?

I think it has something to do with why I started looking through his posts in the first place.

A few years ago, he argued - really damn well - about something while having the opposite opinion of me. I wasn't even the one he was arguing with, but it still got to me. I felt like I needed to go through as much of his posting history as I could in order to find something that I could use to just easily discredit him in my mind. But the more I looked, the more I saw how practically flawless he was at not only debating, but at general critical thinking too. I've never seen anyone post or think things out as well and as continuously as he does, so some part of my mind thinks he must be the smartest guy in the world and that thinking differently from him is just pointless and stupid.

I know this probably doesn't make much sense. I don't think it does either. But I just can't stop letting it get to me for whatever reason.

Again, it's not just the fact that he's good at everything, but he also seems RIGHT about anything. Those points I posted? Not a single person has been able to counter them. Not when he originally posted it, and not when I posted it several times because of my obsessive, fucked up mind. And it's like that for every single thing he talks about.

Someone already revealed who the person was. If you really want to see his posts, it's just a Google search away. Like I said before, I go through mental issues when reading his posts, so I'd rather not go fetch some more.

>he's good at everything,

Meant to say good at arguing

Well I think the real problem is this specific instance where you held opposite opinions with superman caused cognitive dissonance and you want mental 'revenge,' on this guy.

Have you since changed your opinion on whatever subject it is we are so vaguely talking about? Are all of your opinions congruent with this guys? If we are actually talking about opinions and not statements of fact why don't you do as other anons have suggested and read up on rhetoric and debate and pick apart one of his past arguments? If they are truly opinions you should be able to make a logical, consistent counter-argument.

I've given more thought into what it was we disagreed on since then, but even if I wanted to argue with him, I can't. I got IP banned from posting on the site where I first saw him several years back, and the only thing he really talks about on Reddit is Harry Potter.

This. I was howling when I read the first post. Funniest thing I've seen on Jow Forums in the two years I've been coming here.

On a note of attempted helpfulness: the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer has a book about how to win arguments that's supposed to be pretty good. Maybe read it, internalize it, and challenge him. Maybe if you could eviscerate him it would give you closure.

It doesn't matter if you win in front of a community you are no longer part of. Just that you win in your mind. Or get a VPN and post it from a fresh account.

How did you track him down from the first site to reddit?

It was as simple as googling his username.

>Not a single person has been able to counter them.
See Has anyone even tried to counter his points? Maybe he's pointing out things that are not debatable.

In Back to the Future, there's no second hand on the clock. How does Doc/Marty know which second of the minute to contact the wire? A lightning strike doesn't last a full minute.
Going to dox me now?

> If you really want to see his posts, it's just a Google search away.
I don't really care. More interested in what aspects of his posting fixate you.
But it's sounding like you're just impressed with his ability to make accurate observations or logical statements.

Op I think you should just accept he is just really good at debating. Some people are just naturally gifted. I think you should try to distance yourself from them and focus on your personal life or job. After a hard month or two, you might be able to forget about them.

Attached: 045FD2DE-87D3-4EAF-A51C-E15A40F0C241.jpg (406x411, 49K)

Expose yourself to a lot more perspectives. It sounds like you feel a pathological need to account for his perspective but are unable to because it is fundamentally incongruous with your inner system. The reason it may be so troubling to you is that you don't understand that if everybody was able to properly articulate themselves, nobody would be fully cohesive with your worldview. Expose yourself to more people that can upset your internal sorting so that you can get better at navigating the world's perspectives.

>Just that you win in your mind

That's the thing though. My mind is deadset on thinking he's always in the right. Even if I argued him, and even if I got the last word in, it wouldn't be enough. My mind would still think things like "He probably just got bored of the discussion" or something. How do I know this? Because there have been a few very rare instances where he didn't get the last word in during an argument with someone. And in those instances, it usually boiled down to him announcing his departure from a discussion because the other guy was posting childishly, illogically, or because the discussion went on for too long. Because of that, even when he "loses", it's never enough to set my mind at a permanent ease.

>After a hard month or two, you might be able to forget about them.

It's been two years.

Would therapy help with this problem? I'm seriously considering it.

Not being a spergy little twerp would help.

This user is right. You are fixating on this. Add other things to your mental roster and grow up you absolute dork. If you were here I'd kick your ass. Not even out of malice. A few good ass kickings would have helped put you on the right track.

It seems a bit like you have some kind of obsessive tendency in you that you wanna watch out for. I think therapy could be an idea since this is really getting you down. Even though the situation sounds super contrived and specific it'd probably be easy for a professional to see that it's symptomatic of a larger trait. Maybe at the very least it's better that you happen to be obsessed over some random dude on the internet and not someone you could actually do some damage to in the real world. But honestly, best thing is to be aware of your capacity to do this kind of shit and try and keep it under control.

I sent a private message on reddit to this guy about you with a link to this thread, OP.

Hee hee

Kek. Also lmao at this whole thread.