What's it like working for Amazon?

What's it like working for Amazon?

we recently just got Amazon here in Australia.

ive applied for a job there cos I'm a NEET. what can I expect?

Attached: amazon-logo.png (1000x562, 25K)

Long work hours, no vacation time and shit pay

My friend works for Amazon. In the states you get instant health insurance benefits starting day one, stock options, insurance and retirement, vacation and paid time off, etc
The hours in the warehouse are long, but you can work four ten hour shifts and have three days off a week. Save money on gas and commuting.
Pay is pretty decent though not magically high.

>. In the states you get instant health insurance benefits starting day one
What is special about this? This is expected. Its probably shit insurance that doesnt cover check ups or vision

>stock options
This is a scam or at least a cheat advertisement. Stock options are useless when youre making $15/hr and companies know this. If stock options actually had impact on an employees life, they wouldnt offer them. Stock option are good if youre an exec making $150k.

Stock options sound good but it would be far more beneficial for employees to have better pay, better insurance and less work hours.

Plus companies in the US are 100% free to fuck you over if their stocks are having a rainy day and give you little to nothing. The rich manipulate the stock market all the time, it would be easy for amazon or any company to decide theyre done, fuck with their stocks and not pay out to employees.

Employees should demand tangible benefits not risky stocks

>vacation and paid time off

Maybe after being there 5 years or something.

Amazon is also one of those cunt companies that will pass you up for raises and promotions if you dont overwork yourself and come in for "optional" overtime

Maybe in whatever world you live in. A lot of companies don't have health insurance or it's not provided until after a waiting period. My job doesn't even offer health insurance.

He does have stock options.
Not everyone is a top level executive.

Amazon isn't bad for people without a lot of credentials. Op asked what it was like for people who work there, and that's what it is like. There is overtime available during the busy period, sometimes mandatory sometimes not. For people trying to make money, it's a good thing.

I'm not looking at this shit with rose colored glasses, just telling Op what it's like there based on what I know.

You seriously need to calm your tits down.

Well, OP is a neet, so at least he is now employed and will get some experience and first hand knowledge of the working world either for the first time or first time in a long time. Most people work jobs then move on to slightly better jobs or move to jobs where they make a trade off that's better for them.

I wonder about australian amazon after reading that redddit post. I buy a lot of stuff from amazon now days so idk

Hi, Amazon employee here, although I am an eurocuck.

First things first, there is a huge difference between warehouse Amazon and Operations Amazon. If it's warehouse Amazon stay away from it as it is incredibly hard labor. The pay is reasonable, but the work will grind your bones to a fine powder.

I get 100% PRIVATE health insurance. Dunno how Australia or USA works, but here in Europe your taxes go to the public health system, and the richfags can apply for private hospitals and shit.
Yes we pay taxes for public health and we get 100% insurance. That's down to the teeth, eye exams, surgery, shit like that. A girl vacuumed 1800 euros worth of eye checks and surgeries in her 3rd month of employment. Most people don't use that insurance because most are 30-35 years old.

>Vacation and paid time off.
You get an 21 day vacation period per year right off the bat, with 1 vacation day extra added for every year of employement, up to an maximum of 25 days.

> "optional" overtime
Again, depends on where you work. I work in the marketing department and there is no need for overtime. Every now and again there is some overtime asked and you go there voluntarily. People beat and trample each other for overtime since it's 100% bonus rate. If you have an 1000 euro salary, that equals to about 50 euros per day. Just going on an overtime day will pay you an extra 100 euros. Just get the concept, not the actual numbers.
Yea, in other departments work can get quite crowded, but in marketing it's pretty chill. We don't work weekends, we don't work night shifts.

You can ask me just about anything.
What job did you apply for senpai? There are many jobs.

Attached: 1523887802430.jpg (591x522, 39K)

>Amazon isn't bad for people without a lot of credentials

I mean it is though. I live in the UK and it's not even that bad here with workers rights, I passed out on the job and didn't meet my quota for the day because I had to go home and they marked it as an absent. They nearly fired me because of it. It's so fucking common, they misuse and abuse you, especially if you're agency staff.

>four ten hour shifts
I've worked 4x12h shifts on my first job, that itself was super exhausting and very depressing. The days you get off you need to recover from the exhaustion, so you can't even really enjoy your free time. I wouldn't work 14 hours in a fucking warehouse were i have wards that figuratively take out the wipe if i don't perform.

Surely thats illegal

My question hoe often stuff go missing in warehouse

>My question hoe often stuff go missing in warehouse

Can't really answer that one, you should ask the warehouse bois, like .

There are lots of product returns and wrong orders (people ordering smartphones and receiving TVs), but the fault goes to either the supplier or to the warehouse guys.

Technically, the reports are flawless and the level of control is pretty tight. I don't work in the warehouse, I'm at the marketing department.

Attached: 1522337676708.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

Do you design marketing material or something

Actually, the marketing department is huge, with hundreds of people. I work as an catalogue associate, however I will not disclose for which country/language as that is abit sensitive data.

Basically I make sure that all the information present on the website is accurate to the product's info. Warranty, technical specs, product descriptions, shipping, shit like that. We also ensure that we get all the information needed from the vendors before uploading anything. In fact, the whole process of uploading a new product takes about 3 weeks, from the initial notification to the actual launch on the website.

There is also the graphics design department which adjusts all the product images on the website, by following the internal Amazon policy regarding product photos. We have our own rules regarding the texts, but we are abit more relaxed.

I'm sure that there are some people that design stuff somewhere, but the building is so damn big you can't know everybody. But then again, that applies to all corporate jobs.

Attached: 1522615905325.jpg (620x670, 93K)

>My question hoe often stuff go missing in warehouse

Well if hes asking about his own stuff he won't be allowed to bring anything in and stuff like water bottles will be provided for him. I'm the guy who passed out btw lol.

If hes trying to steal shit, he won't get away with it, they have really tight security and I never saw anyone getting away with it.

>Surely thats illegal

Theres a lot of legal loopholes they can jump through and workers rights are kind of weird due to the fact that American companies are allowed to act on American rules which are just as sweatshoppy as China from what I know.

I technically got marked down as absent because I went home instead of stay to finish my shift off after sitting down for 30+ minutes but I didn't feel well and I got recommended to do so by two people though clearly that was ruled over. I can say I hated working there though and its really hard work, especially for warehouse standards. I didn't enjoy it and it was my first ever full time job.

Shitcakes. I know a lot of people that tried their luck at the warehouse, but everybody returned soon after. Life at the marketing department is quite cozy desu.

Attached: 1518933115-Charlotte-Daifuku-one-piece.jpg (799x449, 49K)

Collapsing from dehydration is pretty common

to be fair theres some comfy jobs there

my friend started working there a year ago, got made a problem solver and now he just rolls around on a laptop watching ninja lmfao, hes a supervisor too and hes earning a nice salary.

expect to have to piss in a bottle and not get any breaks.

Amazon is very tough to enter and resist on entry level jobs. Start climbing up the ladder and it gets much easier very quickly. Salaries take leaps, work gets increasingly easier as you jump from technical work to management work.

Like most corporate jobs really. In my country Amazon is regarded as one of the mid-superior level corporations, being surpassed only by the IT heavy corporations such as Oracle, Endava, Continental, Autoliv and other heavyweights

Attached: Charlotte_Daifuku_Anime_Infobox.png (1362x1355, 1.83M)

>He does have stock options.
>Not everyone is a top level executive.
I never said anything to the contrary, amazon shill. I said stocks are only beneficial if you are already rich. The average worker will not see any benefits because the stock will go to shit.

If you have stock and the company goes under, transfers ownership, has a bad stock day, whatever - it is entirely legal for a company to leave you emptyhanded. That is how stock options are a scam that only brainlets think is a benefit

Amazon has no upward motility. Two of my aunts work there as regional managers.

Youre in eu where worker rights actually exist. Im in US where republicans have gutted worker rights for the past 7 decades.

Here at amazon, you get 14 vacation days after youve worked there for a year and that number doesnt increase til your 6th year.