Do girls who fall for the badboys have low self-esteem?

I hear this all the time. Supposedly a reason a lot of women choose "badboys" or guys that treat them like dirt is because they have low self-esteem and don't believe they deserve better. Is this some kind of feminine excuse? I hate myself and have practically zero self-worth, but if I met a cool chick who was really into me and treated me with respect I would hold onto her for dear life, not ditch her for some skank. IDGI

Attached: WRYd5nDJyScgd5hcCfUlZ.jpg (700x1050, 116K)

Guys do the same thing. They date trash because they are trash, then complain about the s.o. as if they're forced to date them at gunpoint. Has nothing to do with sex of a person, just bad/stupid people in general

It‘s true, but not because they feel like they don‘t „deserve bettter“, but because they are addicted to male validation and guys who treat them like shit are a real challenge. They think that if they put in enough effort they can make them treat them good.

See that's what I figured, because I've known a lot of women who have followed this pattern over and over again.
I guess dating a good guy from the off is just boring to them *shrug*

Femanon. Have terrible self esteem. Tends to be exactly that (for me at least), OP.

Well idk if it applies the other way around but rn I'm in love with a friend and I'm aware that she doesn't care about me but I'm willing to help her in anything she needs, I'd give anything for her but It's because I have no self-esteem so I don't value neither respect myself, I don't have any chance with her because no one wants to get involved with trash with no self-worth but even though I want to have a positive impact in her life.
Well I guess there are girls who are nuts just like me.
Also there's a difference between good and bad hearted people with self-loathing.

I can't really speak for your looks or persona, but women like a challenge. You're too obsequious and accessible to this girl and now find yourself firmly in the friendzone.

Women who go for bad boys don't necessarily have low self esteem. They just want excitement and status versus settling for some lame nice guy. It isn't a mental issue, it is biological.

That pic is what both men and women wants, so how come they fighting?

but i'm not in a friendzone, I don't want a relationship with her, She may be a normal person I have nothing to offer for her, I'm poor ugly and dumb I know I'll be rejected.
So i'll just try to forget about her and get my shit together perharps in next life, because right now everything I've tried to change myself hasn't worked.
OH and she told about how she was in a relationship with a bad guy and how she felt attached to him cuz she had low self-esteem, so that's another case of this working.
She said that it was like received the love no one else gave her.

I think the low self-esteem thing is just a way to rationalize attraction to badboys without admitting the real reason.

Because some women are fucking retarded, and it's not about the bad boy status, it's about trying to "change" them. But all of this is selfish in its own right; they're not trying to change these men to better them, they want the validation of being the one to change them. What they don't understand is these men will never change, and play these women like a fiddle because they know this childish little game. Then these women go off and bitch and moan about how men are trash and the guy is a fuckboy, but will take the guy back in a hot second because she's not satisfied until he says something she will never, ever hear. It's selfish, it's sad, it's immature, it's the nature of women.

Define bad boy?

Sigh...

Some do some dobt.
The answer for every question that starts with "do girls/boys like..." Including "are girls/boys who like _______ like *blanket subjective quality*"

Can we stop with this question?

They think the guy is "exciting".
They want the drama production and tempest. Again, "exciting".
They can help fix the broken guy if they just love him and then all the good qualities will shine through.
They have damaged father relations and mirror that in an effort to "fix" the damaged father situation. Related: self esteem issues from never good enough for daddy's approval or daddy molestation guilt and conflicted feelings of wrong and pleasure.
Other.

I mean no one likes to be beaten and insulted on daily basis, maybe what you try to mean with bad boys it's guys who are on drugs and like to party all day long.
Some girls find that kind lifestyle sexy but for long term relationships everyone looks for reliable, trustworthy people or atleast someone that won't steal 500 dollars from you.

okay so i dont fall in love with bad boys personally but i do try and help them with their issues and find out why they are like the way they are (i believe that somewhere, a badboy has a soft side). i would have crushes on them before i feel like an idiot for having a crush on him.

ugh i sound really stupid and cheesy for saying this

All of you sound like bitter neck beards lel. Women want a roller coaster ride not a lazy river.

I really hate everyone in this thread but don't worry because I hate myself even more

I don't understand the beta mindset. You KNOW this is what many girls are into, but instead of imitating it so you can get laid too, you try to understand why they aren't like mummy said they are so you can change them into whatever stupid ideal she implanted into your brain as a child. It's a guaranteed failure, so start acting with more bravado and be more of a dick already.

I think this is a very interesting psychological double standard. Women that go after "bad boys" are generally denigrated and dismissed as stupid or broken and are the source of frustration for so many disillusioned, undersexed guys who have the mindset that guys shouldn't have women that they don't "deserve". On the other hand, there is a very satirical kind of normalizing that happens when reversing roles. A guy with a "crazy girlfriend" who treats him like shit is kind of caricature in a lot of media and humor and a lot of the really deep psychological dysfunction is dismissed and not taken as seriously because a girl who tears her boyfriend's clothes up or screams at him in public places does not attract the same kind of ire and vitriol that a woman in an abusive relationship does, nor is the responsibility for these behaviors distributed equally.

Here's the thing; the human mind likes to recreate trauma. Men and women who grow up with dysfunctional, abusive or distant relationships with their parents tend to seek out these patterns in their romantic relationships. This kind of trauma recreation happens in both men and women but the product of these relationships is not viewed equally in our society. Characterizing this psychological response as a "feminine excuse" shows a great lack of insight and wisdom. I think its convenient to believe that if you met a "cool chick" your insecurity and self-loathing would just disappear and you'd have a happy relationship but I'd contest that this idea isn't reality. Maybe you'd hold onto her for your dear life and maybe, more accurately, your self-loathing and crippling insecurity would drive her the way the same as it does with the other 95% of people with your issues.

Attached: 1512527664227.jpg (427x427, 14K)

Those relationships happen when shitty people learn to read others. They pick out victims that are some combination of naive, sick, lonely, desperate, or have nobody watching out for them. They act like normal boyfriends and girlfriends, they learn what you like and what you value, and when they think you aren't going anywhere the little things start. She borrows a few bucks, he guilt trips you into a favor, and ignore it because they've been great so far, and nobody's perfect. They slowly get worse and worse using various manipulation and threatening tactics until you don't know what's happened to the person you loved, and you aren't sure if you deserve better anyway.

thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-arabi/2016/06/20-diversion-tactics-highly-manipulative-narcissists-sociopaths-and-psychopaths-use-to-silence-you/

But really, it takes two seconds to Google abuse victim narratives, studies, and statistics. I think you've decided that just about every other guy you see is competition even though you know nothing about them or their relationships, but you know how stupid and shallow that is so you tell yourself that they must be bad people instead. Finish high school and get a job before this site warps you.

>le bad boy cope
>implicitly buying into the personality meme
Looks. Money. Status. LMS is the only real thing in this universe. LMS is god.