Ebglish native speakers help

When creating a listing I want to tell users to not use stock photos only, but also use photos of the actual items for sale.

Are these two options correct, and if so, which one sounds better to native speakers?:

Note: including photos of the actual item for sale instead of stock photos only is required.

Note: including photos of the actual item for sale instead of just stock photos is required.

Attached: AEE6677C-55E8-4A0D-A42B-0C96458039E2.jpg (990x990, 526K)

photos of the item aside from stock photos are required

explanation:
“aside from stock photos” describes “photos of the item” which are “required”

Note: including photos of the actual item for sale aside from stock photos is required.

I would say
>Please include photos of the actual item for sale, not just stock photos.
Or if you want to be harsher/less polite:
>You are required to include photos of the actual item for sale, not just stock photos.

Item for sale must be pictured. Stock photos are not applicable.

I didn’t want to sound so formal as to use “Please”, qhile the second one really sounds like an order.
But I like the working a lot maybe I just missed commas in my original one?

This is incorrect tho, stock photos are still fine, as long as photos of the actual item are ALSO included.

So far, the one I wrote is best. For the one I wrote, the “Note” part is not necessary.

The sentences you typed read like Jow Forums posts. They’re in the second person and involve unecessary breaks.

Guys, please just trust me

OP the first post is the correct answer

>wants to blur the lines with ESL
Bad idea but hey, go for it.

Final:

Photos of the actual item for sale aside from stock photos are required.

I can’t see your project, but I assume it’s already implied that the subject of your sentence is “the actual item for sale”. Putting more information than necessary into the sentence clutters it and obscures its meaning.

Actually that’s the most important part.
Because must be exactly the one the person is selling. So I don’t mind emphasis on that. Because other picture of an item similar to that might exist, but the actual one for sale could have damages/flaws.

Know what I mean?

The “aside from” I’m looking into now. But its synonyms all don’t fit as right. For example “besides” would make it sound like both the stock and actual item photos are required.

I just want the idea to come across correctly. But maybe I’m overthinking it.
But when I see people like I worry. Because I’m worried that people won’t get the meaning of what I’m saying.

Understood. Let’s be more specific then. I have a question for you. Do you require more than one non-stock photo of the item, or is one enough?

This sound like you need both.

People are not required any stock photos.
They have to upload at least one photo of the actual item for sale.
After that one is uploaded they can upload any other photo (stock photos included) as they please.

I have another sentence that warns that “At least one photo is required”.

Should I just combine them in “At least one photo of the actual item for sale is required”?

Would this be the most correct way to do it?

But this doesn’t specify that photos of the actual item for sale have bot to be stock ones.
A user might simply say in his defense that “that is a (stock) photo of the actual item for sale”

damn, you’re right.

A non-stock photo of the item(s) listed for sale is required.

What’s wrong with 1?

That one isn’t bad
I have no idea, that is why I’m asking

this is the best version of the sentence so far. it’s very clear and consise, like policy should read.

its correct but not optimal

But a user can also upload up to 6 pictures so maybe:

At least one non-stock photo of the actual item for sale is required.

Did we succeed boys?

forgot to say item(s). don’t say “actual item”.

At least one non-stock photo of the item(s) for sale is required.

OR

At least one non-stock photo of the item(s) is required.

because its implied theyre for sale

Ok, thank you so much!

no problem. have a good one