I'm a 26 year-old man who has nothing to lose. I am willing to give up my life for a cause...

I'm a 26 year-old man who has nothing to lose. I am willing to give up my life for a cause. I don't mind if it takes entire years and lots of efforts, I'd commit to it 24/7. I want to change the world for the better, to become an inspiration to others.
What should I do? Is there anything valuable to fight for anymore?

>inb4 get a job
I had a great job as a software developer but I quit... 9 to 5 is not for me.
>inb4 get a girlfriend
I had an amazing girlfriend. She loved me, but I broke up with her.
>inb4 join Tahrir al-Sham

I know it sounds cringeworthy, but it's either that or I'm offing myself.

Attached: 179710465.jpg (1024x680, 226K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IaNj3Gx-YsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UoH2-3xoMc8)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get help you retarded fuck

/thread

OP
You're trying to escape from.your life and you're not saving anyone..

Why the hate, user?

Contribute to the economy by going back to software development

>I am willing to give up my life for a cause.

Attached: 1506886738782.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

It sounds like you had something worth fighting for, and you lost it.
Its the little things that make a difference user, not the big things.

Make your cause financial gain. Become another Elon Musk.

I actually like this one. I'm currently starting my own cybersecurity business, but a part of me is looking for something more profound than just financial gain. It seems nowadays it's just about that, money and banal fame.
Perhaps I'm just a faggot.

You can save thousands of lives with money, dying for a cause is retarded and easy, living for one is real selflessness

Well I picked Elon Musk because he's slightly more interesting than that. He's trying to revolutionise certain technologies and if he's successful he'll leave a pretty amazing legacy behind, along with the personal satisfaction of having acheived something so great. Don't pick mundane, pick a real game changer.

Lots of stuff needs doing. It's mostly teaching, information, engineering, developing. Yeah it's pretty casual and usually done in a fun place like this youtube.com/watch?v=IaNj3Gx-YsQ

You can be the best at something and raise the standards. You could take care of an important bit of infrastructure. You can basically just help us improve... but there's no hero and cape stuff because we're human and it's not an enteral struggle.

OP couldn't even a handle 9-5, how is he going to handle being Elon Musk

He's more of a figure head (his engineering papers are full of holes). There's room for research work though, the guys at Bell Labs who made Unix & B, also Larry and Linus (both used to hang around the old forums) have been decent.

9-5 is soul draining shit, I personally find it easier to commit to something more fully than that. Once you have to cut out the frivilous bullshit in your life the rest becomes easier.

I'm not actually saying he's some engineering genius, but he's amazing in his own way. Without him those companies wouldn't exist, he pulled it all together and keeps it going.

>I am willing to give up my life for a cause.
[08. Software prototype and demonstration of concept project idea.] (youtube.com/watch?v=UoH2-3xoMc8)

It's not that I couldn't handle the work. I was not up to taking orders from somebody else, no matter how polite they were or how much flexibility I had. I saved some money, quit and I am now trying to jumpstart my own business now. But I now feel that unless it's something world-changing, it's not worth it.

Definitely his projects are more interesting than cybersec.

No one is forcing you leave at 5 are they

In context he said 9-5 is too short, it's all stopping and starting and too much revolves around some admin peeps and emails.

Elon Musk doesn't do as many hours as he claims to though. He counts things that other people would not count such as lunch time, commute time and evening time. Apparently he's thinking about work during those times, but a lot of people do that.

>No one is forcing you leave at 5 are they
Yes and no. The company I work for forces me to leave earlier than I would like because I was doing too much overtime.

A few things probably are. Firstly, everyone else might be leaving the office. Second, if he keeps staying late his manager and upper management will start question whether his work life balance is healthy and could even raise concerns that he might be struggling with something.