Heart feels like it's literally dying

So I just got rejected HARD by the only girl I've ever really loved, and it's insanely brutally painful. As soon as I start thinking about her, my heart feels like it's about to shrivel up and die. For a week I have been non-stop having the worst chest pain of my life. How do I know I won't get the "octopus trap" heartbreak disease and die?

Most importantly, how do I move on? She was literally the perfect girl for me, everything I ever wanted from a mate; extremely beautiful, extremely intelligent, extremely perceptive. Without her I don't see the point of anything. I will never meet a girl like this ever again.

Is there any chance at all, if I profusely apologize in person for confessing my feelings via text (something that made her very uncomfortable) that we can still be friends? Or is it best for me to forget about her completely?

Attached: bloop.png (564x580, 227K)

>I will never meet a girl like this ever again.
Bruh, every person is unique, but don't let this tear your heart out. Everyone has had their share of heart break but the best way for you to deal with it is to talk it out with close friends, and family that you love and trust.
You've gotta get out of your own head and open yourself up to your loved ones. They know you pretty well and if you've made good life decisions, they'll be able to empathize with you and understand that this is a critical moment where they'll need you.
As far as fixing things will go, It's pretty clear she doesn't see you that way and by the way you're reacting, I'm not sure if it would be healthy for you (at least right now) to try and sustain a friendship with someone that has that much of a grip over your heart.

The problem is we still have class together. Should I just drop the class? I can't concentrate or do any schoolwork anyway so I might as well do it.

If your grade is fine enough, I really would not recommend that. There's a difference between cutting people off and maintaining minimal contact.
Maintaining minimal contact is the harder of the two since it means there is chance you will interact with them before you are ready, but its the better option to stay cordial and polite, and it should prove to be the better option in the long term when you can interact in that space without having that sinking feeling. Its a herculean effort to not get sucked back in but it proves your resilience. I'm not a fan of cutting off personally not only because it signals as an inability to adapt. Since life is filled with adaptation, it's an L you're gonna have to take.

Should I completely stop talking with her? Or, after maybe a month, should I ask her after class "Hey can we talk" so I can apologize for my previous behavior?

These feelings are an illusion. Essentially you are feeling what an opiate addict feels when they need some dope.
Think about this rationally. If she doesn't like you, then you're better off without her. Why would you want to live with
someone who hated you??? It makes no sense, unless you're an 'addict.' The general rule of thumb with attraction,
is that if you are strongly attracted to someone, they will not be attracted to you. Conversely, if you are slightly
repulsed by someone, they will be at least somewhat attracted to you.

>Should I completely stop talking with her?
you should hit on one of her ugly friends, try and bang her. Then her ugly friend will tell your true love how well you did.

I think when you're in the right mental space, then talking about it might be good. Don't set a date for yourself. Be arbitrary enough until you confidently feel you can articulate and express yourself in a way that doesn't turn you into a blubbering mess. After that conversation is done, I'd still advise a distanced relationship, but nothing about a cold shoulder or isolationist, but you shouldn't intentionally seek her presence. If you see her passing by, say a hi, be friendly, and be on your way.

The thing is, she did like me at one point. Suddenly though she stopped replying to my texts, and got distant. I don't know if I did something or if she found someone else. She never told me! What am I supposed to think in this situation.

Is this kind of situation ever possible? Is there even a 1% chance this could happen?

-Guy confesses love for girl
-Girl feels uncomfortable and asks the guy not to text her
-???
-Girl suddenly realizes falls in love with him
-Girl and guy live happily ever after

I've been told by many people that I'm very attractive, I noticed in class she is still staring at me most of the time. She still likes how I look, but not how I am as a person. My biggest problem is that I'm too emotional and sensitive, and not "manly" or "masculine" in any way.

>Only girl I've ever really loved
>Only girl I'm thinking about fucking rn

Fify.

Been there done that. You never loved her, you might love someone some day though, but you won't find her by being a pussy.

>everything I ever wanted from a mate; extremely beautiful, extremely intelligent, extremely perceptive
Is this the only reason you liked her?

The importance you place on this relationship is entirely neurotransmitter induced.
The release of dopamine imprints memories of her in your brain, so you literally can't
get her out of your head. These memories trigger other feelings, pleasure, then
withdrawal. And then the cycle repeats, tormenting you for as long as the imprinted
memory stays strong in your brain.
The rational part of your brain has to deal with these feelings, and, will rationalize that
since you feel so strongly for this female, that she must be important - she must be a
'true love' and that losing her is a big deal.

My point is.. you're being tricked by autonomic regions of your brain. So ignore it!
Focus on important things, like making money!

No, we had a huge amount in common. Very similar interests, we could talk for hours about things most people would find incredibly boring. We had the greatest conversations.

So you're just compatible, don't worry you will heal but don't force things.

What about when you split with someone you've been with for years? Certainly it can't be all chemicals and neurons making it a big loss for you no? You've spent every day together for years and been through so much.

You can work to be both which is what most well adjusted girls want

I’m in the same boat as you in terms of grief at the moment. Any tips on how to stop crying like a bitch?

You sound kind of arrogant. If you were really 'very attractive' and she was that physically into you that she can't stop staring at you all day, you two would be fucking right now or she would have given you more of a chance.

what in the fucking balls, exact same thing is happening to me right now
everything was great then suddenly she just drops one day
personal advice: leave her for a few days, start texting like friends, become good friends again, bing bam wam zoozle

Maybe she just liked you as a friend and tried to be nice.

At the beginning she was giving signs like she was really into me, we had prolonged eye contact and she was clearly enjoying our time together. When she got distant I assumed the problem was I was coming on too weak, I wasn't showing how much I liked her. But when I sent my text, I way overdid it! I made myself look like a completely obsessed mentally ill person! For example I said "I will will never forget you, not even when I'm 90", "You are the only thing that I care about", etc! I think I went from coming on too weak to coming on way too strong and it made her feel, quote "very uncomfortable"

I wish I was arrogant, I actually have very low self-confidence which is probably a factor in why this is happening. If I was arrogant we would be having sex right now!

You sound like a fucking pussy. Shove a fork up your ass then jump on it.

40 YEARS AGO YOU'D HAVE A ROPE TIED DOWN WITH A

I am attractive, but I wish I wasn't. It doesn't help me get girls I love at all. I get unwanted attention from gay men constantly, when went to a strip club with friends all the girls focused on me. The only problem is that I'm not particularly funny, I have no confidence, I am too sensitive, and I'm extremely awkward.

You did good user, you were honest and took the shot, not many people can say the same.
That's what living life is about, putting yourself at risk of getting injured. Embrace your sadness, give yourself some time.

Just don't cocoon up like I did after getting rejected 15 years ago. I became a coward and never put myself at risk again in fact fear of getting hurt. It worked, but my life is grey and empty now.

What this user said Im feeling like you never had many girl friends, because if either she liked you as a friend or as a possible dude to actually have something with, you shouldn't have poured your heart out to her, even if things were going right.
It never works for dudes to be too much romantic and never will. Because in the end all girls look for is assertiveness and some level of not giving much of a fuck when looking for men, so declaring yourself i just shows you weak in her eyes at least in this situation where she didn't necessarily like you back that much you know?

Idk mane, find yourself a new group of people and keep with you what you learned from this whole experience

ask another one
are you 12?

Are there any girls who actually like romantic guys? Or is it universally seen as weak and gay?

The reason I poured my heart out to her is because I thought she wanted me to show more interest in her. I still think she did, but I did it the completely wrong way!

Romance is good when it's rare, girls like the tough and assertive man, and adore it when on very, very specific situations show love/romance

plenty of cunts in the sea

>she was perfect for me except for the fact she didn't want to be with me

Then she wasn't all that perfect, was she?

And fuck trying to be friends. You don't want to be her friend. She knows you don't want to be her friend. Who are you trying to fool? Stand by your feelings and your choice like a man.

She did want to be with me at first! I waited too long to ask her out and I lost my chance. FML

Missing the point. She's not perfect, and you pretending she is will just keep you emotionally trapped.

And she didn't like you half as much as you think. You know how I know that? She lost interest in you. You don't just magically stop liking someone you're head over heels about.

I'm positive that the only reason she lost interest was because I wasn't showing enough interest in her to keep her attracted! I tried to fix this by confessing my love for her but it backfired terribly. What should I have done instead in this situation? How do I show a girl I love her without being creepy?

I can relate to this user
Was in similar situation, she got bored because i didnt act or i did something bad which im not aware of.

6 months later it still hurts so theres that
Thinking about other girls id easiest way to forget

I'm Don't overwhelm whatever girl you're interested; be cool and test the waters. Start by small shit like going to a bar or something, the first times make it as a group of friends and don't be over her, be cool so it's not that apparent that youre head over heels, and go slowly progressing into more seriousness you know? Maybe one day when you're dating and have some level of commitment you can tell her you liked her since the first day you met

And guess's what, throughout this whole approach situation youll learn a lot more about her and about yourself and wheter you really wanna have a thing with her or just maybe you wanna leave it as a casual fling and just stay friends

First you have nothing to apologize for and if she really liked you it wouldn't matter a bit if confessing your love was bad timing or awkward.

Second, if you beg her to remain "friends" she'll know you are lying and you aren't being honest. You think if you can hover long enough she'll one day fall for you. Won't happen, life isn't a hollywood romantic comedy.

Third, you misread her interest all along. She was never interested romantically. You just thought because she responded via text and spoke to you she wanted you. The rest in in your head and you bent and twisted any word or look or action to support your dream all the while ignoring reality.

Forth, every human alive and ever lived suffered a bout of unrequited love and 99.9999 of them lived. Those that died drank, drugged or otherwise killed themselves.