I have very strong suspicions of questionable, perhaps illegal activities occurring at the company I currently work for

I have very strong suspicions of questionable, perhaps illegal activities occurring at the company I currently work for.

I have information "from the inside", mainly things I've observed and heard, but nothing hard like secret company financial data or legal documents. All I have is my word and a large amount of proof (documents, data) I worked there and was very involved in the company. My testimony alone will not be damning, but if I do whistleblow it will be to prompt journalists and/or the government to investigate.

Should I do it now, or should I try to keep myself sane and collect more evidence?

Attached: 1200px-Wikileaks_logo.svg[1].png (1200x2770, 232K)

If you blow the whistle now you are protected.

If you wait and someone else does, you are complicit.

Hmmmm, well sometimes the govt will pay money for information leading to arrests, so from that perspective it could be good for you. Additionally if they do get caught and it's found out you knew and said nothing there might be backlash depending on your role in the company.

Do it. You're gonna hate yourself if you don't.

If this isn't autistic as fuck I'm gonna noose

I'm a very low level employee but they relied on me a lot, particularly in the early days. I attended a lot of meetings someone like me was not supposed to be a part of, and the people senior to me felt comfortable talking to me about their thoughts and what they observed/heard themselves.

The thing is I don't have my own written documentation made in real time because I didn't realize shit was weird until very recently, so most of the bad stuff I saw will be written down months, sometimes years after the fact from memories which I trust.

Showing the deep corruption of one political party is not an endorsement of the other party.

Hello, fall guy.

I feel like it's getting to that point right now too. The whole company has been creeping me out recently. Nearly every employee there seems to think everything is running normally even though I see signs of abnormal activities everywhere. I feel like nearly everyone is fucking with me.

There's more than money at stake IMO. The thing is the company isn't super successful so it's probably not going to be a major national scandal like Theranos or Enron. If anything, I would be trying to prevent things from getting past the point when millions have already been harmed by stopping it before it happens.

Okay well you definitely seem really concerned so yeah I'd talk to someone like the cops or fbi, and maybe you could even ask them for advice, cause it might not even be that something is fishy.

I already talked to a lawyer about something different related to the company and he's aware that I think it's fishy. He knows some of the evidence I've compiled and he agrees it's concerning but not damning. Another problem comes from the fact that both my lawyer and I are not well informed about the laws related to what I want to leak about.

What's your evidence, give the details. I'm no lawyer, but I'm very aspie when it comes to law.

wtf just drop everything right now in this thread and it'll spread elsewhere.

Yeah, I think he could be role playing.

You are not protected. If you step on someones toe with power your best luck is that you end up in the streets without ever being able to find a job in the field. Worst case you end up dead in a ditch.

If whatever it is you want to expose is equally "shocking" as collateral damage from wikileaks, anything from snowden, equifax, panama papers or similar, you should probably do it because it's the right thing to do. If it's just tax fraud or automobile industry fraud thing like vw, nobody cares. At the end of the day nobody will care either way, nothing has happened in the past 15 years of whistle blowing. The majority of people continue with their lives as nothing happened. Yours will be no different

Let me talk to my lawyer first and see what's safe to post. There's something not directly related to the company centered around 1 individual that may be OK, but it would provide you guys with entertainment because it's absolutely absurd and is all over the internet.

It's not political as far as I know, but the work environment is driving me mad and I have credible reasons to fear extralegal retaliation or harassment. If there is a political effect it would probably be limited to my city at most.

> automobile
> Like VW
> Nobody cares

Tell that to VW that has had its offices raided and 300.000 diesel veichles on cold storage in the US alone.

OP you should go to the police with what you have gathered and see if they can manage to put together a case.
Or maybe a journalist on a local newspaper that does digging journalism.

If the ball gets rolling, the offices might be raided and the servers confiscated and then they will be able to find whatever is in there.

If every single illegal action is totally off the books, and there is no money trail, then I have a hard time seeing how you can find hard evidence

Every single large company engages in questionable or illegal activity. The question is: does it matter? Are people getting hurt or has the government made some stupid law that needs to be sidestepped?

Generally better not to rock the boat.

It's not a large company.

Now that your looking for it how long do you think it will take to get the evidence you need?

It's would be better to have evidence before you start doing legal tango.
However, it's always better to be on the right side on things when shit goes down.

Aspie legal user, can you start an investigation with the police on just suspicions, with promises of forwarding any new evidence? So that if the company goes down they know whose side he's on?

I'm just using the logic here that it would be better to start a paper trail with the cops even if it's not strong enough evidence for legal action yet.

Things are escalating so I'm very likely to get more shit over the next month or so but I don't expect it to be damning. It will likely be more or the same material I've already described that could prompt a real investigation. I don't want to be accused of tampering with an investigation or overstepping my bounds and throwing a legitimate one off.

>If every single illegal action is totally off the books,
I don't know about that, but I'm sure there's inconsistencies with the records that exist.

Things are escalating so I'm very likely to get more shit over the next month or so but I don't expect it to be damning. It will likely be more of the same material I've already described that could prompt a real investigation. I don't want to be accused of tampering with an investigation or overstepping my bounds and throwing a legitimate one off.

What kind of shit is it? Like, small time shit nobody cares about or big deal?

I don't know. It's at the borderline.

gimme some details
money or just casual snitching?
violence, ect?
cliffhangers are the worst