Bring up the issue of my gf gaining weight

>bring up the issue of my gf gaining weight
>she felt attacked at first but realised that she’s been gaining for months now
>help and check up on how she’s doing
>she says I’m being controlling so We agree that she just tells me how much she’s lost each month.

>month 1 she’s gained weight (half a kg
>monty 2 shes lost 1.7kg

She’s 5’6.5 @ 80kg

I love her but it’s weird that I’m 5” taller and 1kg lighter. Is 1.7kg loss a good starting? I’ve lost 2kg from not eating fatty food and walking more. I’m starting to get self conscious to be in public with her. She works a lot of over time so she says it’s down to that.

Please help me on what to do

Attached: F90E468E-229A-4DF6-AEB5-D1DCDAE48659.jpg (1080x1350, 169K)

Women should have more body fat then men.

Do you want her to be healthy? Her waist should be half her total height.

So as long as her waist is 33 inches or less you are fine.

To be fair, she is only about 8 pounds outside the ideal weight range according to the typical bmi calculations.

If she has big boobs and a thick ass, then she is within the proper weight range.

If you want her thinner, then you cook all the meals and don't keep junk in the home and prepare her meals for work.

Overtime does fuck your diet and exercise up pretty bad though.

Lol came in wondering about this.

Hey op just letting you know you are being controlling, and a douche, and you've probably made her self conscious.

Also she's going to cheat on you with the first dude who says she's sexy now. Sleep well.

Can't wait to see you come back and rant about what whores women are when you did it.

Where I’m from she’s about 7.5kg (18lbs?) from a healthy bmi. She’s not petite, but still. I know I shouldn’t try to change people like you guys say but she says she’s doing it for herself first
At first yeah I would agree, but only checking on her weight once a month is not controlling in my view.

She keeps telling me excuses, and is getting angry with me.

>Women should have more body fat then men.
They should not be 80kg at 5' 6.5. That's just fat.

Depends on their build, user.

It is slightly outside the ideal weight range for a woman at that height.

If she has wide hips and big tits, it could be throwing it off.

To put it to rest, post her with face hidden, op.

80kg @ 5'6.5 is fat as fuck. I'm a 5'8 man that weighs 74kg and I'm reasonably muscular, a girl like that is thicc as fuck

No, they are barely into the overweight range of a bmi.

At 5 6 she is an ideal height for the bmi chart to fairly accurate.

Lol your gf is the same weight as me and I'm a 5'10 male who squats 2pl8 regularly. It's good that she's making progress, you can encourage her to do more but if you overdo it she's gonna become demotivated. She has to feel like she's doing it for herself, not just for you

Her BMI is 28. She is not obese, but she is strongly overweight.

Ideally she should be 20 kg lighter to be at her ideal weight, or 12 kg lighter to be in the healthy range.

It's well into overweight though. First of all BMI is a bad way to calculate the correct weight since it doesn't account for muscle, body shape or anything, but still that's 28+ BMI which is definitely pretty overweight.

What other things have you suggested except for "you need to lose weight and update me once a month"?

Did you suggest you go to the gym together?
Did you suggest YOU go grocery shopping, buy healthy food and even meal prep for her?
Since you're the (main) one having a problem with this, you should probably step up.

I agree with the user above. She's probably gonna cheat on you with the first guy that makes her feel sexy.

I used to be 100kg and my boyfriend kept being an ass about it (even though he knew how I looked when he stated dating me) instead of actually helping me.
Now I'm 65kg and with a new boyfriend who actually wants to work on stuff together plus we eat like pigs on cheat days. Yay!

Good luck!

>I used to be 100kg and my boyfriend kept being an ass about it (even though he knew how I looked when he stated dating me) instead of actually helping me.
>Now I'm 65kg and with a new boyfriend who actually wants to work on stuff together plus we eat like pigs on cheat days. Yay!
Same thing happened to me.

Ex boyfriend kept making fun of me for how I looked and stuff, complained all the time, never did anything to help.
New boyfriend is super supportive of my weight loss, exercises with me, and loves cooking with me when we have cheat days.

People think it's just "do it" but don't realise people eat bad for a lot of reasons, not just being "lazy". I for one am an emotional eater and I wanna binge when I'm sad. Having someone who just tells me I'm fat and need to lose weight is gonna make it worse. That's why you need to either a) be a support partner and actually also put some work in it or b) break up with her before giving her more body complexes

Same for me. I'm a huge emotional eater.

What was the biggest changer for me was when my boyfriend talked to me when I was sad. Really. Just hanging out with me, it made the world of difference.
I lost 40 kg the first year we were together, and now I'm losing the last 15.

That, and then working out together.

Damn, OP. As soon as she develops some self-esteem or some guy comes along lusting after her just as she is, she just may leave you. You may be building up a debt of resentment with your micromanaging her weight loss and being self-conscious with her (believe me, she can perceive this). I can understand the frustration of having a once-attractive partner let themselves go, but I'm not sure about your approach to this.

It's easy for less "ethical" guys to game girls like your gf because after you've torn her self esteem down and had passionless obligatory sex, all they have to do is take a genuine interest in her and make her feel like a woman again. While you're being self-conscious there's some guy out there that will break your girlfriend's pussy in half and have her cooking him breakfast in the morning.

sauce plz

>will break your girlfriend's pussy in half and have her cooking him breakfast in the morning.

>met internet bf while I was dating a guy who made me feel self conscious about my weight
>dumped IRL bf for internet bf
>lost 60 lbs, now pretty hot hourglass body with DD tits and thicc legs (from gym, not fat)
>just spent 2 weeks with him
>I couldn't even walk and my pussy was sore and loose for days even after he left
>I cooked him pancakes every morning

Accurate post

I saw a fat chick on tinder just now who would have been at the very least an 8/10 if she went from fat to skinny.

Upsetting, because they're born with gifts and throwing them away.

>Did you suggest you go to the gym together?
She's made it clear that she doesn't want my help at all, she wanted to do it all on her own. Who am I to tell her no?
>Did you suggest YOU go grocery shopping, buy healthy food and even meal prep for her?
we dont live together.
We don't live together so I have little control over her diet.

I don't constantly speak about weight to her, the only time we speak about weight is on the day we set, that's it. Plus my gf wasn't fat when I met her, so it's different with you and your bf.
I actually made a mistake in the OP, she was 75kg when I stopped nagging her about her weight and went to 80kg in one month. We originally set 71kg as the goal and to maintain it.
I don't feel like I'm being too critical with her, but if 80% of the people itt and my gf say i am, then I must be. I apologised to her and said she did a great job losing weight.
I did find sauce but I lost it, sorry bud

>slightly outside
Like 20kg outside if she wants to look slim

Sure they handled it badly and should've helped out but don't you think it's your own job to not look fucking disgusting?

I didn't hide the fact that I was fat. I was fat when he started dating me.
If he didn't want to be with a fat girl, he could have never dated me instead of dating me and making me feel like shit for the way I looked.

When I was alone, and when I was with someone supportive, I did a much better job at losing weight than when I was with him.

Samefags

Not really.
I replied to her, she replied to me, and then I replied again. Not really samefagging, just posting and replying to each other.

Attached: nope.png (578x218, 13K)

Yeah that's being a dick from your ex

>My niBBa he legit cares about her, if he didnt care he wouldve let her eat herself to death

stop being a white knight

>White Knight

Lol that memes older than you are kid. She's 8 pounds out of normal bmi. There's general "care" for her health, and there's nit picking.

>8 lbs

Wrong, she's about 8-9kg out of normal bmi. In case you didn't know lbs does not equal kg

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 14.03.45.png (611x230, 24K)

Another user said 8lbs.. I didn't vacj check. You're right that is pretty high up..

OP, put her on keto or low fodmaps diet.

I'd recommend low fodmaps, I'm on that for digestive problems, but it's a really easy diet to follow as it cuts down on a lot of fattening food and still allows you to have some crap here and there.
I dropped 15 lbs on it without trying and I wasn't overweight to begin with.

Hope she cheats on you jackass

stfu whiteknight

Women automatically put on more fat then guys, its simple biology

>Depends on their build, user.
no it doesnt

80kg at 5'6" is well within the obese category, regardless of hips/waist/tits

It's overweight, not obese.
Mildly overweight.

Not exactly. Women should have a higher body fat percentage, but this simply means that they are built differently, and doesn't have an impact on excess body fat like OP's disgusting whale gf

The women I know who stand 5'6 weight around 60kg +/- 5kg and look normal. I imagine 20kg more and they'd look pretty fat desu

That’s 25kgs over me and I’m 5’8 and still got some fat here and there probably because I don’t work out that much
Get fit together and if you live together it will be easier to avoid fatty food cooks shit together it will be a cute date