Why do people choose to be homeless?

An ex recently put on social media that she was pregnant and living in a tent under a freeway, she was asking for 40 bucks to spot her until the weekend because she was starving and I couldn't understand why anyone would choose to live like that.

Before she was homeless she was in a group home after being dumped by foster parents. When we were dating I did my best to teach her responsibility, how to survive, defend herself and how to successfully navigate the world. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with her and one day she just snapped. I just chalked it up to her being a sexual abuse victim and having emotional damage. But it's not something I can fully understand.

Why do people choose irresponsibility and homelessness?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whale.to/c/Prometheus Rising.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What do you mean chooses homelessness? She willingly went and lived on the street? I've never heard anyone choosing homelessness.

Mental illness and drug addiction is a main cause, at least here in the lower mainland BC Canada.

It's definitely a choice between working hard and grinding to pull yourself out of poverty and simply giving up and living in a tent.

When given the option between being responsible and being irresponsible, she chose irresponsibility.

I'm a successful guy and she chose survival sex and hypersexualization with complete losers and homeless people rather than managing a successful relationship or simply being stable on her own.

>wasn't anything particularly wrong with her and one day she just snapped
>her being a sexual abuse victim and having emotional baggage
see this is where you are confused. your first statement is untrue.

You sound naive and stupid.

yeah minimizing her traumatic life on Jow Forums and thinking about how pathetic she is to bump your ego up.

truly a shining example of success

sometimes, homelessness means taking responsibility
sometimes you just need to rest
becoming homeless is sometimes the only option to be able to rest from all bullshit
see it as being the opposit spectrum of being a workaholic and thinking everything can be fixed with grinding your teeth and sheer will power, this will power can also be guided in the wrong direction, and can inherit selfishness
So if you are not sure of the direction you want to take, deciding to be homeless can help you to have some time for yourself, to learn what you really want from life.

Attached: 73d79afd9509fb251ba3bae70493684e.jpg (500x476, 93K)

Well A) not trying to bump my ego at all. B) I'm trying to understand the choices made by someone I had significant feelings for in order to get some peace and move on.

That would makes sense, but in this scenario she'd be Jenny and not Gump. She's lived the last seven years as a shitbag selling herself for food, money or a place to live. By this point its a lifestyle instead of a break.

I was homeless for two months living in a tent. I've always been depressed and it started by losing my job couldn't pay the rent then lost my apartment. I didn't beg, I had a bit of money and then just stole food from shops. For a while I'd given up. I was just waiting to die really. I didn't feel like killing myself, but getting a job seemed pointless. I always had a bed in my mothers house though so i wasnt like most people on he street. I had a change of heart after a while and went back to live with her.

Now I'm back living alone, working, paying rent. Still depressed though. Life seems completely ridiculous.

>being given away by your parents
>being abandoned by your foster parents
>being molested
as someone who didn't have this stuff happen to you, you won't fully understand.

as I said it kinda seems like you're minimizing what she went through. you might have some unconscious motive to do this, like you didn't want to think that your lover was so psychologically damaged. but she is, clearly.

Nope youre wrong bro, this is a commonly repeated lie and not your fault for not knowing it.

Homeless veterans are very rare and basically all chose to be homeless for various reasons (anti-establishment, dont want to work, allows them to be with like minded people etc.) Female hobos have a huge amount of private and public support and they could always just suck cock if they wanted help, that's why there's one of them for every four men. Out of the remaining bums most don't have a real excuse or they'd be given government support, they're just anti-social fuck ups who could try but don't care.

There really aren't that many homeless people, its about 1 in 600 Americans and it only seems like more as they all hang around outside due to not having homes (hence the name). The government already shells out insane amounts of cash to the elderly and other NEETs, if it was just a matter of providing housing they could easily solve the problem but the truth is hobos are usually self destructive morons.

it seems like you want a fucking cookie for not being the bottom 1 percent of losers. hows ur self esteem

Brother-in-law is homeless because he spends his USA $700/ wk take home on gambling and strippers. Because he makes stupid choices ( we even took him in for a year -in which time he saved ZERO), he was evicted from prior apartments -which gives him a big black mark on trying to get another.
In our city we have anarchists who are beating the system and living on the street, eating free food and being given REI camping equipment. We have car campers. We have meth and heroin camps- drugs with whatever money you beg or steal and party it up. Someone got so tired of it they firebombed a car camper.
Hell, I'm tired of the crap in my yard, needles at my kid's school, the garbage and stolen stuff ( bikes and bike parts are big business) scattered everywhere. This city makes it easy for them.
No sympathy here. Kill it with fire sounds like a great idea.

Wew lad, not everyone relates every fucking discussion to their own worth. This is just something I happen to know a lot about, Ive befriended a lot of hobos, donate, and often enjoy their presence but I also understand the facts here and the truth is that homelessness is a meme issue and virtue-signallers will always talk about how its so hard and not their fault no matter how rare it becomes or how much support is offered. Homelessness is just a fact of society and until some whacko from Jow Forums takes over there will always be fundamentally unhelpable and anti-social people born into every generation, can't always cry about it.

>wew
>unsalvageable people are born
youre cancer and wrong

are you OP? if so, explains why the girl is in the situation she is now - no help.

but youre probaby one of the Jow Forumstards who makes this shit up to trick people into discussion with them.

I can easily imagine that some people might find their current society/culture so demoralizing and repugnant that they simply can not participate - it's a moral revolt. But most are probably just crazy fucktarded drug addicts and backwards simpletons.

>everything in life is one of two diametric extremes

>everything in life is one of two diametric extremes

Maybe.

They are mentally ill, user. Don't try to use your logic on the illogical.

What's with the smirk? Did you just hit a weakness in SMT so you got an extra turn?

>They are mentally ill
All of them? Omniscience is nifty.

>What's with the smirk?
Everything in life is not one of two diametric extremes. That's goofy.

Bro youre the one talking in the meme'd style here and basing your argument on baseless assumptions about me here. I didnt read the whole thing, Im just talking about a specific and common misconception about homelessness. Ive heard some people say 13% of veterans are homeless, this is ridiculously false. My state has 20+ million people and only like 500 homeless veterans and the office of veterans affairs has tried to reach out to every single one of them. I dont have as much info for non-veteran homeless but ive met a lot of them personally and know they have access to huge government support and are generally not much different from your average walmart greeter, they can work.

Im actually pretty big on caring about poor people and people with issues and providing government assistance but Im not so bluepilled that I think every single one of them would be an upstanding citizen if they had help.

If im minimizing it's only to get the scenario across to you anons without a bloated story.

I invested years into this girl because I wanted a better future for her, I taught her how to be strong, happy, honorable and sucessful despite her past instead of becoming another victim which in the end she chose to be.

I may have came along too late, and without a man that's honorable and in her early life she was incapable of valuing one. I don't fucking know. But theres no underlying reason other than hopefully understanding her so I can shelve it.

Most people have been through enough to fill a sad greentext, doesnt mean much. There are people with massive trauma in their past who still get up and work everyday and people without who are useless sacks of shit. Doesnt mean we shouldnt treat those with issues more kindly but we cant just give them a pass on being complete losers.

Wow, you seem to really know what's going on and where to draw the lines. How about you come mow my lawn sometime? There might be a $10 in it for you ;)

Its hard to tell when someone's mocking you or not on Jow Forums sometimes, also cash up front bitch

>also cash up front bitch
Sorry, life's tough but I can't give you a pass on being a complete loser.

Id be giving you a pass if I mow your lawn when you dont have $10, bitch

>Being such a giant piece of shit that someone would rather be homeless under a bridge in a tent than with you.

Okay but seriously listen here asshole, men are not given passes on almost anything (unless we're 10/10 heartthrobs). Its always seen as our fault no matter how much we've been fucked over and we are bitched at when we even ask for emotional support. The expectation that we fix our shit needs to be applied to women as well, especially when they already have way more resources at their disposal to get them off the ground.

We can have the conversation about how some people have it harder in our society but so long as I'm treated the way I am I will not excuse people who simply do not try, especially on the stupid circular logic liberals and cucks use that if they failed then off course it's society's fault because why else would that be possible.

LOL, I'm just playing with you, dude. The other stuff is not so simple.

For fun.
whale.to/c/Prometheus Rising.pdf

Thanks m8, what do you mean the other stuff isnt so simple?

You know how people around this website drop out of society to only live at their parents' house and piss in bottles while beating off to japanese cartoons because the stress of living a normal life in society is too much for them to handle?

It's the exact same thing, except the homeless couldn't stay at home with mama and papa for whatever reason.

Hell if you've ever spent enough time on this board you've seen people talk about how they're getting kicked out from their parents' home or appartment or whatever and are becoming homeless. Some still find the time to shitpost frogs even while they're actively homeless apparently.

Exactly and I view both situations as an example of laziness and cowardice

>I view both situations as an example of laziness and cowardice

If there were a regime change in mainstream society and popular culture then maybe an entirely different group of people would be marginalized, demoralized, ostracized and considered exemplars of laziness and cowardice.

What sets robots apart from other guys? Cowardice and laziness.

>What sets robots apart from other guys? Cowardice and laziness.
What sets bananas apart from other guys? Cowardice and laziness.

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

This is one of the worst threads Ive seen in days

>This is one of the worst threads Ive seen in days
Yet, it is obviously engaging.

Im a 19 year old white college student, and Ive seen most of the robot-types I was friends with in high school give up on working and going to college right out of the starting box because they were coddled and adopted the stupid notion that they have to be comfortable and totally satisfied in everything they do. Some of these assholes took gap years right after high school, others took like 6 credit hours at a community college and otherwise played video games all day, some just went to drugs. Pretty much all of us have means and support, thats not the deciding factor.

Obviously there's something causing this shitty social situation but they are all lazy cowards and should be trying to fight through it. Im having something of a rough time in uni but im fighting and trying to suffer for a few years so I can be something i want to be later.

That tell of spirit struggling in a sick environment causes a great swell of compassion. Good luck, kid.

>Im a 19 year old

lol

>and Ive seen most of the robot-types I was friends with in high school give up on working and going to college right out of the starting box because they were coddled and adopted the stupid notion that they have to be comfortable and totally satisfied in everything they do.

God forbid people don't work straight away, my lord what a sin. Are you really saying going to college right after high school means your coddled? Oh no, people chasing something they feel comfortable in, my goodness it must drive you crazy.

>Some of these assholes took gap years right after high school

So?

>Obviously there's something causing this shitty social situation

Yes, it's the abhorrent job market/economy we're in, welcome to ten years ago.

>Im a 19 year old

Good luck kid, once you enter the adult world you desperately crave your attitude is going to get you eaten alive.

You have valid points, I know what you mean.

For some it's a choice, some laziness, others it's just bad circumstance.

Many people come from broken homes, broken communities, others get no familial support.

I mean, do you realize how many college students are actually homeless in the US but just flat out can't afford rent?

Ever think about the homeless that are working?

Ever think about all the little things parents might do to help you (even when you believe you're independant); from helping you avoid a late fee by loaning you money, to buying you food and dinner, paying your tuition, buying you your first car, clothes, etc

Even given all the things above, people will still see help from their parents well off into their 20s, 30s, 40s, and continue to believe they're independant and have 'done it all themselves'

Anyone who thinks all homelessness comes down to is it being a choice is pretty clueless about the world outside of their own bubble.

No im saying taking 6 credit hours (standard load to graduate in 4 years is 15 a semester) is being a useless fuck up who doesnt recognize the job men have in the world: fighting hard to get somewhere. Taking a year off at a time when you need to be trying to get on your own two feet in a hard economy is a retarded thing to do that cleary indicates a coddled upbringing and general uselessness.

>No im saying taking 6 credit hours (standard load to graduate in 4 years is 15 a semester

Some people have to work and support themselves through college

See this just shows how so many people will assume that just because some people have an excuse it applies to everybody. That guy never had a job and posts on anime forums all day while his parents cook for him.

The vast majority.

Okay temporary homelessness is a different thing. Its something that happens based on bills stacking up too quickly and is usually remedied in a short period of time, most of them arent really homeless as they actually sleep at a friend's house, a motel, or a car. Talking about this like it has much to do with the bums down at the library just confuses the discussion.