Why do so many men nowadays prefer pictures to real women?

Why do so many men nowadays prefer pictures to real women?

Attached: Okumura.Haru.full.2016463.jpg (1080x1080, 575K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mandatory.com/living/1132507-difference-man-gentleman
thegentlemansjournal.com/20-things-make-man-gentleman/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men
washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/there-isnt-really-anything-magical-about-it-why-more-millennials-are-putting-off-sex/2016/08/02/e7b73d6e-37f4-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.96964cdac3a7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You'll get responses along the lines of 3D women being too demanding.

But the truth is that cyberspace has made people risk averse. Hitting on 3D girls carries the risk of rejection. Actually having a relationship carries the risk of heartbreak.

2D girls never say no.

>But the truth is that cyberspace has made people risk averse.
Bango.

Because I can easily get all the 2D I want while I'll never be enough for the kind of 3D girl I want.
Simple as. I lost the genetic lottery and threw away my adolescence instead of using it to grow. These are the consequences.

pretty much this. I'm too pathetic to get a woman so I use waifus to cope

This is actually just what you tell yourself so you have an excuse not to go through the years of labor to achieve your goals.

I'm 26 mate. It's too late to do that. If I wanted that kind of life then I should have put the work in when I was supposed to. If I were to start again now, I'd be 30 by the time I was good enough.

Both are true desu

I'm 30 and I slept with the hottest girl of my whole life at age 29.

This is basically it.
Also add that most of the young men you see do this are in their early twenties which are somewhat stacked against men when it comes to dating.

So you add an obsession with perfection, insecurity, the internet, young brains and you have the perfect storm.

Are/were you actually in a relationship with her?

Honestly, men want ladies. Women stopped being feminine.

Nah, that was a hookup. But speaking generally, I was a virgin until 21, and I've definitely had my best luck around 29/30. I'm way more optimistic about what I can get in a future partner compared to where I was at 26.

Then that information is worthless to me. I'm still a virgin at 26 because I'm unwilling to settle for the only women that have ever shown interest in me. I had to turn one down last year because she was an overweight coworker with a bad past that was kind of irritating. I'm pretty sure she only liked me because I was within a stones throw of being fit, wasn't an alcoholic and showed up to work on time every day.

This is true, but rarely expanded upon.

1. A woman wants a career. A lady wants to be a housewife and stay at home mom.

2. A woman can party with guys like one of the boys. A lady doesn't do so, she sees her own friends.

3. A woman sees a relationship as two equal people doing stuff together. A lady sees a relationship as two fundamentally different people complimenting each other.

4. A woman who is angry will hit a man or destroy his stuff. A lady who is angry will let her man know through non violent and non verbal means.

5. A woman dresses like a man or like a hot slut. A lady dresses cute and/or pretty.

6. A woman didn't take the time to learn basic culinary skills because it was beneath her. A lady enjoys cooking and baking.

Men want ladies. They just fuck women.

My boyfriend prefers me. I couldn't care less what other men think

b
a
s
e
d

>that information is worthless to me.
That's sort of ridiculous, because you don't know anything else about my relationship history, or even if I'm currently single, and it clearly demonstrates that the "quality" if you will of "women who show interest in me" has gone up thanks to the effort I invested in myself. (This is actually not a constructive way to think about dating at all, but that's neither here nor there.)

I actually don't really want to be in a LTR because my life is in flux for a number of other reasons and having a commited long term partner would actually complicate some important decisions I have to make unless they were willing to go moving anywhere all over the country with me, but I know that if I *did* want one right now, I could do way, way better than when I was younger.

>3. A woman sees a relationship as two equal people doing stuff together. A lady sees a relationship as two fundamentally different people complementing each other.
fixed.

Thanks.

????

So what you're saying is that if I go back to college, I'll be able to finally get that qt shut in gf that wants to stay at home and has had fewer relationships than fingers on one hand? I also find your hangup weird, because I don't see why you wouldn't want an LDR, nor do I understand why you would want to move all over creation instead of sticking to one good area. If it's for work, why wouldn't you pick something else so you wouldn't have to move?

>I was a virgin until 21

So like the normal age? It's not over until past 25. Like 40% or so of people are virgins in their 20-25s, but it drops to 2% of men after 25.

Complement and compliment aren't the same thing

Compliment is saying 'you look nice'

Complement is when two things work well together.

This.

I doubt it will ever be fixed though.

Complimenting vs. complementing. A significant difference. Yes, English is a retarded and confusing language.

There's a male version of this out there somewhere and I bet you'd get salty about it if you saw it

Doubtful.

The only 'negative' male trait I have is nerdy hobbies.

>So what you're saying is that if I go back to college, I'll be able to finally get that qt shut in gf that wants to stay at home and has had fewer relationships than fingers on one hand?

It is not guaranteed, but neither is it out of the question. People like to think in absolutes with these sorts of things because it makes life make sense, but the truth is that with 7 billion humans those rules break down fast, and that there's way more luck and numbers involved in dating than we want to admit.

>I don't see why you wouldn't want an LDR, nor do I understand why you would want to move all over creation instead of sticking to one good area. If it's for work, why wouldn't you pick something else so you wouldn't have to move?

I'm trying to get into academia in a physical science, so it comes with the territory. I'm expecting to move at least twice and possibly three times within the next handful of years. But all of this something you only do if you're aware of the sacrifices and highly passionate about what you're doing.

I don't really want a long distance relationship. I'd be OK with a partner who was willing to follow me through all the twists and turns. If I get fed up with it, I have some good connections so I can jump ship and do engineering in the private sector.

Man, you have no idea some of the shit they publish in women's maganizes, do you?

4Head
I didn't see that

2D is perfect in a literal sense. No stretch marks, no disproportionate figure, no offensive smells, no risk of rejection.. I could go on.
3D is the opposite. Finding a partner is extremely competitive. They also carry std's, can damage you emotionally, destroy your life with alimony payments, all sorts of nasty things.

Unfortunately 2D always leads to sadness in the long term.

I'm aware. It's like reading the necronomicon.

Too much and it drives you insane.

Does your man compliment your hair? Surefire ways to yell if he is cheating.

Makeup tips from the pros!

Why not wearing makeup is the best thing ever.

Here's 30 awesome sex tips.

Men only want sex! The creepers.

How to lose 50 pounds quick!

Here's how to make the most delicious chocolate cake deep fried.

Why single mom's are the best!

How to find the perfect man!

All in one super sized issue!

Most of this is stupid and contrived. My boyfriend is also my close friend, with the same hobbies. Both introverted without many friends. If that makes me less of a lady, then fuck all.

1 and 4 are fair enough I guess, at least as far as wife-ing goes. 6 is more due to a lack in education. I got lucky and live in a family who cooks for themselves as opposed to prepared meals. But not all people have access to this, and a lot of juvenille schools don't even offer culinary courses any longer due to education cuts. Best you may get is a home economics, but that's more of a jack of all trades thing and typically not required.

Also NO ONE likes a hotheaded bitch. So that's not really a point which needed to be made.

Maybe it's just how I was raised, but I don't know anyone who reads those retardedly cringy magazines.

The nature of relationships has degraded. It's nigh impossible to cold approach anymore without being thought of as creepy. Basically the only way to connect nowadays is via apps and social media, mutual friends. We are becoming increasingly introverted as a society thanks to our phones. And then there's all the petty expectations that BOTH sexes like to place on relationships. Completely overthinking it. It's become a stacking pros vs cons list. Also the needless drama... I can see how it would become more of a hassle than something to be enjoyed.

>doesn't like the list
>agrees with most of it

Why do so many delusional fucktards like OP post outside of Jow Forums?

It's not the pictures that get me. It's Haru's sweet cinnabon that gets me.

Attached: tpmz1o8ae4p01.jpg (2480x3085, 299K)

I have never met a woman who doesn't bake and cook, has her own friends and likes to dress up feminine. Where do you live that you meet these kinds of people?

Two seconds of google search "man vs gentleman" and I found a ton like mandatory.com/living/1132507-difference-man-gentleman or thegentlemansjournal.com/20-things-make-man-gentleman/ or pic related.
Most of these give out the most basic personality traits that anyone with an ego will say they fullfill.
Look through them and see if you can fullfill all these criterias.

Attached: d2df63b74f5ec4ad81b71ef43759430e.png (421x473, 79K)

Both are true. I have a lot of money, and free time and if there is a girl I like, I have usually covered everything they need, and do any thing they ask if its not unreasonable and im able. Over the last 7 years I have spent over 45k on 3 women including letting one live in a rental house I own and buying another a boob job, kept another from getting evicted multiple times as long as she had a job. I think at one point I thought love would be returned. But its pretty much temporary gratitude. Women like confident men, but I have been pretty successful being calculated and cautious. Women also like ambitious men, but I have seen ambition ruin so many people, I dont really see the need when im 31 and have enough to support myself till retirement.
I also have PTSD and its just not attractive and easy to talk about.

I am eager to take on women's, problems, but when they really only take a superficial interest in mine, and i feel like i am being used as an errand boy with money, I just get tired after a while.

I have been on tons of dates over the years, and had like a psudo relationship with a hardcore christian girl for a little over a year. But never really been in an actual one.

It's a very real phenomenon, though. In every economically and technologically advanced country. The biggest trends are in Japan, Korea, China. But it's happening at a measurable level in the west now, too. And it's not just men. It's more men than women, but increasing numbers of young people have no interest or at least put no effort towards romance with other human beings.

You must not live in the usa.

Yeah, the mouse universe is true.

It was listed in a manner which asks it to be taken as simple fact. Which I completely disagree with. As well as trying to split people apart even further with lumping all women into one category and "ladies" into another. I take lady to mean something else entirely. As well as implying that most, or even half of men want all these things in the first place. Also the faulty logic in general.

You don't necessarily have to like something in order to agree with certain aspects of things. Most people AGREE death is inevitable. Most people don't like death. There is much gray-zone. Especially when you start delving into subjectivity.

If you let people treat you like a doormat, you'll get treated like a doormat. No one held a gun to your head and made you spend that much on these women, you chose to give away you money. Quit your whining.

Alright, if men disagree with what I listed, feel free to chime in and say so.

Source: your ass.

Because Jow Forums is clearly the best sample group for what is the normal in the world, lol.

Attached: hmm.png (680x576, 770K)

The whole of the male population could agree and you would say it doesn't represent all men.

Europe. I'd say it's worse but I've only been to Utah and Nevada.

Nothing subjective will apply to an entire group. But I don't need to defend myself here. I'm not the one making baseless assumptions. My words are wasted on you though, I am sure. Because surely your word is gospel.

USA is all about convenience. Probably a contributing reason as to why we're a fat nation.

They never say yes either.

You dont really get my point if you think I was whining. I have reached apathy at this point.

I give zero shits my money is gone, I was more trying to illustrate to people who think that if they have shit the world would be better. I dont like a lot of the women I have tried to do things for, but I learned a lesson approaching romantic stuff like I did. If a woman doesnt have passion for you its worthless to try and build it by doing stuff and giving.

Attached: 1522114668594.png (500x374, 204K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men
Pull quotes:
"Surveys of single Japanese men conducted in 2010 found that 61% of men in their 20s and 70% of men in their 30s considered themselves to be herbivores.[11] Japan's government views the phenomenon as one possible cause of the nation's declining birth rate.[12]"

"In a 2011 poll of Japanese boys aged between 16 and 19, 36% said they were not interested in having sex; the figure for girls in the same age group was at 59%."

If you deign to take the time to research this subject yourself, you will find that:
A. There is empirical evidence that rates of sexual activity have declined generationally and that this decline is correlated with various indicators of economic development and is particularly pronounced in Japan, Korea, China, and the Anglosphere.
B. There is evidence for a worldwide social phenomenon of young people "turning inward," refusing social, romantic, and employment opportunities, isolating themselves, depending on relatives for support, and spending extreme amounts of time on the internet or social media.

>refute something posted
>told to back up claim
>says you don't need to

Nice

Women could always try approaching instead.

I for one prefer parasocial relationships with idealized images of 3D girls.

Attached: 66e388e31696e497bfe2fbc639900bd8.jpg (2048x1690, 395K)

You ever see a woman deal with rejection?

There are plenty of sources though.

First, birth rates everywhere are declining sharply. This shouldn't need any sourcing.
Herbivore men in Japan, look it up
Millennials in their 20s are having significantly less sex than other generations
washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/there-isnt-really-anything-magical-about-it-why-more-millennials-are-putting-off-sex/2016/08/02/e7b73d6e-37f4-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.96964cdac3a7
Dating in China, also look it up

Look I get adv is literally just shitting on anyone that complains about dating and making sure this board is a bucket of crabs that never actually dicusses anything with more substance than "you're a worthless piece of shit and it's all your fault".

But you can see complaints about dating EVERYWHERE. Everyone hates dating yet they feel compelled to do it. Studies show people fuck less, date less, marry less and have less children in all developed countries. Millennials are one of the most depressed and suicidal generations, something is fucking wrong with it no matter how much you want to pretend it is.

Believe it or not there is a serious problem with connection among young people. Mostly fostered by stupidly high expectations for both sexes and social media.

Also there are plenty of studies on how young men are in the worst spot they've ever been academically and work wise which is doubly harmful because men are usually rated by their job.

In my opinion most of this comes from society having no idea how to guide their young men. A certain kind of young man (insecure, high inhibitions) is especially at risk of turning inward and just saying fuck it to everyone.

>from society having no idea how to guide their young men
It's not having no idea, society doesn't care about them. It's all about whether women are doing well, whether women are happy or not. If men ever get a mention it's usually in the context of how it affects women. Unsurprisingly many stop caring.

I'm the mouse universe poster.

I agreed with you.

No, it's not like that either. Society cares about their young men just like they care about women, they want them to work their ass off, pay taxes, get together, have a few children and care for them so they can also pay taxes in the future. That is the extent of society caring for it's individual.

If a man retreats and plays videogames instead of working 40 hours a week and putting a baby in a woman then society doesn't like that. But society also offers zero guidance to young men in how to achieve this and the only way it knows to "motivate" them is shaming and making them feel even worse about themselves so they just retreat into escapism.

>they want them to work their ass off, pay taxes, get together, have a few children and care for them so they can also pay taxes in the future. That is the extent of society caring for it's individual.

Yep, basically we are slaves.

How the fuck is society constantly shitting on them caring in any way?

In my opinion it has a LOT more to do with how economics, social interaction, globalization, and cybernetics, well, interact.

I mean we all try to get dates through socially designated areas like online dating or talking to members of the desired sex at parties, clubs, etc., men also try the occasionally cold approach and occasionally succeed.

That's never been exactly how it worked.

The key aspect is how utterly atomized society is now.

People complain about dating, but how many people do you notice on this board talk about being kissless, *friendless* virgins?

How many straight men on this board talk about being *hugless* and *handholdless*, somehow missing out on even these childhood interactions with the opposite sex?

How many people even know their own neighbors?

Something is deeply wrong, much deeper than feminism or any other sort of ideology placing blinders over our eyes.

Fudamental productive forces, forces of nature arising from the structure of our civilization, are tearing us apart.

If everyone collectively decided to stop focusing on women's problems, we would still be living in the cyberpunk dystopia of the 90s imagination made real. We still wouldn't know our neighbors. Maybe dating would get slightly easier. It wouldn't eliminate more than a few percentage points of the "herbivore men."

fpbp

3d girls take effort

based

This.

As a woman I'd rather take a 2d man desu. I think a lot of people just aren't capable of adapting since women/men are changing the way they view things. If you want a danty little lady you'll have to stick to 2d because that shit just doesn't work anymore for the most part
If you want a man to take care of everything its the same shit.
Its never been more balanced now that you basically need both sides to work and grow together

Attached: 1410828987903.png (560x580, 443K)

None do?

Society doesn't give a fuck about your happiness and that includes your sex

Society wants you to pay taxes, have children and not kill other people.

Neat.

Who changed that relationship dynamic?

>take away the gender dynamic of men and women each playing to their strengths in a relationship by declaring them exactly equal
>now everyone is unhappy
THANK YOU BASED FEMINISM

I'd personally same alot of things did.

... Where did you tell me to back up anything? Are you schizophrenic or some shit? Because you're just making shit up. Why would I refute you anyway? You've given no credible sources to anything you have said. Gtfo with your high-than-thou bullshit. Only idiots are buying it.

Sure, but you'd be wrong.

Women did it backed by white knights looking for feminist pussy.

Christ you guys are everywhere.

Attached: 1466946260689.jpg (426x287, 22K)

>can't make an argument
>attacks the opposition on a personal level

Sounds about right.

Sure we are.

Am I arguing with you? I thought I was just responding to low tier baity claptrap shrouded by a semblance of formality.

underrated post

Fictional women are just that, fictional. You decide what you do with them, whether that's just imagining life with them, or cumming on your screen. There's no obligations or anything, just what you decide.

A real woman has wants and needs. At the bare minimum, they require some sort of time investment. There's pressure, there's commitment. There's a risk factor.

While I don't give a shit about waifus and such, I myself have struggled with the time investment. I enjoy being by myself for long periods of time, which often conflicts with a relationship.

very sad to see women losing to silicons dolls too.

Attached: vigina jew not even once.jpg (1080x1080, 121K)

Once sexbots become good enough, the human race will finally die out.

Women take
>money
>time
>sacrifice
And unless the sex is amazing they give nothing back

Look at that Haru. How can roasties compete?

/thread

Attached: thread.jpg (960x720, 108K)

Ahhh the ages old issue
"Surely it is men," they said
"But no, it must be women," said men
And then they all died bitching and moaning about each other and never having actually solved the problem plaguing them: the fact that human beings are shit, not just men nor just women

Tons of women prefer concepts to realities-- they want celebs who put on an act just to have an interview
Meanwhile, men want women devoid of conceivable flaw
The internet isn't doing anything new-- it just takes these weak and wayward souls and connects them, so that they feel less alone and isolated-- because I promise you their day-to-day outside of that sweet release of their internet friends, it sure feels like they're just whittling away the time until they get away from it all.

This, also I have unreasonable expectations of what a women should be now. Additionally, I am afraid of women, if I see a women coming down the same street opposite of my I cross to the other side.

>never having actually solved the problem plaguing them

too many cucks in my way to solve the problem. also some politician gain power from the current broken system. no point in trying to fix the problem when the current people in power don't want to give it up.

There's all kind of lists, relevance is all over the map. The men in my family told me what a man is, fiancé agrees. A few being: Men can control themselves, aren't afraid of women, and don't hate women. There's more of course but three obvious ones are enough for here.

Because males are lazy and emotionally unavailable/stunted. A picture requires no effort, another human being does. Also ego.

Haru is the best p5 girl.

Ego isn't a bad thing to have.

2d will always love you and be what you envision then to be

3dpg is shit and only happy for awhile, till she pulls some shit test or some kind of bullshit, that a superior 2d waifu would never think of doing.

I just became so jaded, myself. After leaving an ex wife that I found was fucking multiple people as well as me, then dating girls that were wishy washy or still half seeing their ex's, I just said fuck it. It's just easier going to work and the gym and focusing on my hobbies than dealing with emotional highs and lows of the clusterfuck that is dating. I'm so lonely atm but don't know how to unfuck my head without seeing a shrink or rx drugs

If it prevents you from making a fundamental connection with another human, yes it is.

You aren't meant to make connections with everyone. People have standards.