I'm TOO OLD

>"starting" college at 21
FUCK

Attached: 1519020038083.jpg (640x483, 59K)

Nah, not at all.

>four years
>graduate at 25

I started on-time and am graduating at 24. Trust me, it doesn't matter.

Try restarting second year at 24, because I will do so next year, probably.

You're never too old for college. Get over this idea you have to do everything at 18, you don't live in Japan, people change careers and go back to school all the time in the west.

I “started” college when I was 18. Dicked around at community until I figured out what I wanted to do. Now I’ll be graduating with my BSN when I’m basically 24. Would have graduated slightly before I turned 22 if I knew what I was doing from the start. Though I’m younger than half of my classmates still. You’re Gucci

I'll be 24 when I start a three-year degree in October. What's your concern? Cultural fit while studying, employability after graduation, both, something else?

I'm starting at 30.

21 is young enough to bang 18 year olds not break the 1/2 age + 7 rule.

You'll be fine.

21 still quite young desu. You're fine. The majority of students don't really graduate in 4 years anyways.

Depends what you're studying and getting into careerwise but at 21, no biggie just do it.

started EE degree at 20, went through drug adventures, hippy-partying phase, and ups and downs, heartbreak, betrayal, robberies, money problems, fights with my folks, (even my own sister, a chem grad, robbed me), a shit ton of drama, bad scammy business partners, started trading bitcoins, still more infighting with dad, no job besides dealing drugs
>24, no internships, and still have some first year courses untouched

you're in for a world of hurt if you don't work hard and decide to make shitty life decisions, user

be better than me, user.

Better late than never. Some people start college when they're 40-50, have a couple in my classes and they are chill.

Why did you give up? You can still turn your life around, did you have any jobs at all? Unless you're over 30 and never had a job you can still start working without too much to worry about.

There's a fat balding father of two in my course, mid 50s I think

I hate to sound like a contrarian because there's been nothing but support in this thread, but there are some downsides to graduating college later in life that you should be aware of.

Probably the biggest thing is that there is serious age discrimination in the world of private enterprise and it seems to be more or less accepted. I graduated college when I was 25, a few years older than the rest of my classmates, and during my interviews I had to explain to multiple prospective employers why I graduated so much later than everyone else, what I did before starting college late, etc. Despite all the legislation about ageism and employers not challenging people based on their age, the fact is that any interviewer can connect the dots when looking over your resume and can probably roughly estimate your age by eyeballing it, and they will confront you about it. Not all of them will, but enough did that I found myself reciting a scripted answer.

I ended up finding a job without too much issue after graduating, so it's not like this is a dealbreaker or the end of the world. It's just something that you should be aware of and need to prepare for when you start planning your life after college.

Other smaller things are that you'll be too old for most college parties and you'll tend to associate with other students who are in your situation of starting college late. That was no big deal to me since I'm highly introverted and always related with older people than people my own age, but it's just another thing to be aware of.

Good luck user, it's a tough road ahead but infinitely rewarding and, in this day and age, a necessity, student loan debt be damned.

I don't know if you can call it giving up. But I guess in the eyes of most, I'm already dead. I could get A's when I tried, however there are times when I'm feeling really down because of my reality. I'm not a big spender, I just thought I could make an investment on the side while studying, had a big ego till I touched LSD, lived for the chase, got laid here and there, developed stronger character, but when it came to money, it's like a curse. I obsessed with doing business and getting even so much that I forgot about growth and my thirst of knowledge. I have never cried since I was 12, or forgot how to. I've been seeing assigned school psychologists all my life until I got sick and tired of that social club before entering uni. Met a few backstabbers in uni too, have met a lot of people who tried scapegoating me or used me to the point of almost losing my career. I guess the working world sucks, even in a professional setting, it's dog eat dog out there.

You sound deranged lad. I hope they lock you up soon.

That's a good realistic answer that I haven't heard before. I don't really see why 21 is too old to party though, especially since most people haven't even graduated by 21.

I'm about to turn 21 and honestly I WISH I hadn't started college until now. Instead, I'm most of the way through a bullshit degree I got because my parents just wanted me to do something, and I'm stuck finishing my dumb humanities degree at the moment that I'm finally starting to have ideas of realistic career paths and programs I could go into to get to them.

21 is a lot older than 17 18. Maybe get to know other late 20s people instead.

im 21 too
can i still bang 18 year olds? i know girls like older guys but that's because theyre mature and financially stable, ie not me

I'm 21 and I'm currently repeating year 0 at University which I might fail at