How do i learn how to program ?

I do not plan on doing this as a career at all, I thought it was fun to create a HTML site back in high school but I haven't really tried programming.I'm a complete brainlet when it comes to mathematics.Where do i start and how will I know if programming isn't right for me as a hobby ?

Attached: 1502027334187.gif (500x355, 473K)

Other urls found in this thread:

2.cargocollective.com
thexx.info/home/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Main_page
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Google beginning programming tutorials. Find a platform you like (Macs, iPhone, pc, Android, Unix) and then focus on languages/scripting on those platforms.

Okay Op from the sound of it, you seem keen to work with web development. My suggestion, start with simple websites or YouTube videos like W3Schools or even Khan Academy just to get the idea. The fact that there are some free online resources is good, I personally think programming is a great way for a PC fag to get their creativity out. Since most of us aren't into actually painting, unless you do graphic arts.
But yeah, HTML is the way to get started.
Also CSS which will help you use all kinds of designs and stuff.
Also anyone who uses a fucking website service to make a website is a fucking lazy prick.

I mean HTML hardly counts as a language. I'd say he should learn a real web language like Ruby, Go, PHP (lol), or JavaScript.

Kek, we're talking to a brainleet
Go easy on him, and if you claim that HTML isn't a language good for you.
But go tell /g that shit

It's markup. If html counts as a language then so does XML lmao

not OP but how hard is it to make sites like these? 2.cargocollective.com

i just barely edit HTML and CSS

Might wanna use Java for a site like this, HTML is anything before 2007. Also it's not hard. What makes a website difficult is implementation of some sort of code that gives you a specific result. And then you end up with something else.

thnx
another example thexx.info/home/
i kinda wanna build muy own portfolio

also lol at
>And then you end up with something else.

don't start by learning python. python is the worst language to start with.
what do you want to accomplish ? programming is nothing more than a tool.

I'd like to either make a game or a phone app

>I'd like to either make a game
not gonna happen unless by game you mean something really simple
> or a phone app
react

Does anyone have any good books to learn it ?

>I'm a complete brainlet when it comes to mathematics.
You don't need it if it's just some hobbist shit.

Look for tutorials on Ruby, or Python, or php if you're interested on making websites. Beware that php changed a lot during its history, so you might find outdated stuff (happened to me back in 2006, and it changed even more from then). Check the version they refer to.
Also, Ruby and Python are quite unique in their approach (syntax etc), so it might get you stuck on their paradigms. But they're also easy to learn for hobbist stuff.

>Also CSS which will help you use all kinds of designs and stuff.
Fuck CSS. OP will lose tons of time learning some alignment shit. That's not programming.

That's the website about a CMS (content management system), so I guess it's made with that CMS itself. So I'd say quite easy.

kys

That's some HTML5 hardcore shit, I'd say it's not for you atm.

If Android, then Java. It's one of the most famous and widespread languages, you'll find a lot of resources about it.
If iOS, then I'd recommend Swift. You could use Objective-C, but I believe Swift would be better (for you and for the future of your app).
But games are hard to make, not beginner stuff.

How do I learn to do things like programming Linux from scratch and customizing Arch ?

>Linux from scratch
That's literally the title of a well-known series about it.
>customizing Arch
The fact that customizing Arch is a pain in the ass, led to the growth of a great Arch users community. wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Main_page

>customizing Arch ?
move into your mothers basement, stop showering, start a diet of monster and fastfood, start pissing in bottles, and start hanging out on Jow Forums, thats literally everything they do.

The irony is that with their skills they could easily be making a lot of money but choose not to because they're autistic as fuck

if you don't know what you're talking about, which you clearly don't, then kindly shut the fuck up.

you've got a wrong impression of Jow Forums. the programming skills of the majority of Jow Forums are below indian tier

Just knowing myself, I'm an absolutely trash programmer and still made ok money (for the region not silicon valley/SF tier money)

P R O G R A M M I N G S O C K S

The best advice I can give you is to focus on projects, not languages or specific technologies.

Sit down and think what you'd want to make. And I mean really sit down for like half an hour with just that thought in your head, and write stuff down. Then just go after whatever you found most interesting. Then research how you can accomplish that. Most people try to do it the other way around (i.e. I will do x project to get better at y language) and eventually give up when things get difficult, because they were never into the project in the first place.

>t. wasted my youth reading language books