Debt and depression

Im fucked. I am in about £5500 of debt. I cant hardly afford to eat, I lost 10kg in a month, i now weigh 62kg. I cant sleep at night. No where, and i mean fucking nowhere will give me a loan to sort myself out. Iv'e tried everything. EVERYTHING. I seriously have n idea what im going to do. I serve in the armed forces so if they find out, i'll lose my fucking job. If i lose that, i'll lose my girlfriend. Does anyone please have anything advice wise at all that you can share. its getting me so down to the point ive sat contemplating to top myself to clear these debts.

Attached: boots.jpg (1818x1228, 675K)

I'm sorry man I don't really have any advice I can give you. What's your relationship with your old folks?

My mum is seriously ill and can't work, which has only been a thing in the past few years. She supported me and my 2 brothers while studying at university and working 2 jobs. The fallout from that was Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, which now they think is Lupus. Unfortunately she cannot help. As for my Dad, he didnt pay child support for the last 7 years he should have while i was a kid, and doesn't have the kind of money to even scratch away at my colossal fuck up of a life anyway. Im so so stuck and i just wanna fuckin eat man

Think about how shredded you're getting though. It's a great diet plan.

Look like ive come out of Gulag or something. I used to be pretty toned, eat well, exercise to a high standard. Literally right now i'm trying to keep going on a sandwhich a day... my job is physically and emotionally demanding too. I'm just fading man it sucks

Have you considered becoming a prostitute and/or a heroin suitcase for drug cartels?

Literally not enough time

Can't you get a second job, even if it's just some shitty entry level one? Seems like it'd be straight forward since you're already employed.

Don't know the terminology for UK but when I was in US military there was counseling for stuff like this. If you can't get any other situation, go to your commander or whatever and tell him the situation. Ask him if he can help you out. DO NOT let the lender come after you for the money and then go to your commander. You commander may even be able to arrange a loan through the post that will be deducted from your paycheck or something.

Shit man, wish the best for your mum, would buy you a beer and a meal but I live on the other side of Europe. Take care dude.

unfortunately its illegal to work another job if youre employed full time in the Army. I did try, but was threatened with fines for breaking military law.

I'd love to but unfortunately if i go to sources in the Army it could lead to me losing my job, what little money i have and any possibility of ever being straight again. And i can't go to welfare as its massively shamed in the army to seek help from other places.

thanks man, if you see in the paper that some queens guard has topped himself, you'll know i'm debt free.

5500 pounds?
God any friends who can chip in? What kind of grown ass man doesn't have 5500 pounds to his name?

I'm ashamed mate i really am. I'm 21 and got nothing to show for my life. I am a joke. I wish i could speak to someone who would understand but nobody does. Its an awful feeling right in the pit of your stomach of just bitter emptiness because i just feel alone

The fuck dude? Why is that even a rule? Seems super retarded.

Is there anything you can do to decrease your living expenses more? Also maybe there's some under the table work you could do; my old boss in construction used to pay in cash to avoid the taxman, maybe you could find some equally ballsy guy off kijiji/UK version of kijiji and hopefully do some odd jobs without getting caught.

Perhaps ultimately the solution is to quit the military and work multiple jobs

Sure there's time. Only sleep a couple hours a night, get your asshole stretched out by being a prostitute, and then use that new space to be a heroin suitcase. Done and done.

this is a thought.

does the military even pay well? if it doesn’t i suggest doing this

Hol' up my mang, how did you get that deep in a hole?

Can't leave for 2 more years. I get £1300 a month

When i first got to london i made the mistake of getting a few cheap hotels as my girlfriend couldn't stay at the barracks. I couldn't stay at hers so the only option i had was to not see her when i could because of, or spend a few nights a month with her. it all ended up adding up. I went abroad with work and pocket called costing £700 which i had to get a loan to cover. Im £1478 into my £1500 overdraft so charges are big. It just all added up at once. Im fucked.

So you owe said money to the bank?
I still don't get how you're fucked then. I'm in a similar kind of ebt to roughly the same amount ift not more (student loan) and i'll be well rid of it within the year while earning about the same as you do.
Granted, if it's overcharge interest might be much higher.
On the other hand - your story doesn't really add up. You live in the barracks, wichich is rent-free or dirt chep in any eurpoean armed force. In addition, it's usual taht you get at least one free meal a day so you shouldn't starve. On top of that, your costs of living should be non-existent besides buying some extra food and going out every once in a while.

>queens guard
Quick check tells me that pays 17.000 pounds a year and includes free food and accomodation.

From my own time serving, I agree that army food can be kinda shit. But not in a way that you starve. Also from experience, counselors will help you out with debt as long as you don't owe it to some cirminal without firing you. Might compromise your chances at promotion maybe, but not more.

If you lose your job, you get to call insolvency and can start over.

So you found yourself in debt only because you wanted to fuck your gf? What a shitty reason

Also again, your story doesn't add up. you just eplained about 2500 max. of your debt. Were did the rest come from? Where did your wages go since you do not have to pay any living expenses?
Also, again from my own service experience, you generally are allowed to recieve private visitors in you barracks if you get your own room (which is usual). And again - why did your gf not pay at least for a part of her hotel stays?
Either you're really fucking retarded and getting sucked dry by a golddiger, or you went to some loan-shark ciminals. Might also eplain your odd reluctance to talk to the army, considering that they generally do not fire you for getting into legal debt.

>declare yourself bankrupt?
>interest free credit cards?
>citizens advice bureau?
>why will army drop you if you tell them you’re in debt?
>how would anyone else in army know you need welfare support?
>your GF should be there to help support you too no bin you off it’s not right for her.
>not making light of your situation at all and appreciate it’s all relative but £5k debt is nothing in the scheme of things. I know people who owe hundreds of £k debt

Whatever you do mate I think you’re panicking because you already know that you’re gonna have to do soemthing that’s gonna cause a bit of pain. Good luck.

food isnt free anymore and rent costs due to living in central london. I have life insurance, kit insurance, accident insurance to pay for. As well as my car insurance which the car is a necessity for work

Being 21 and driving a year car insurance is £207 a month. Im living in an overdraft of £1500 i then owe 3300 from a £2k loan a year ago which i tried to use to square myself away but it made the situation worse once i recieved a phone bill for £700 while using my phone in the USA (was mistaken for thre contract i had, didnt include the part of america i was in)

Still fail to see how any of that is life-ruining then.
See You'll have to eat some shit to get out of it one way or another. Then again, you brought it on yourself, and will most likely get out unscathed after eating said shit. You're 21, having to eat shit for a short while won't kill you. Trust me , there's far far worse.
Aslo - if you live in central London with its alright sibway system, what do you need a car for. Presuming your place of work is also there - if it's not , what are you doing there?
And again, if you have a car it should be no problem to live rent-free in some barracks in the outskirts and get up half an hour earlier.

okay so the way it works, i am legally obliged to live in barracks. This costs me £100 a month, good price really but still not free. The car is needed for travelling to and from my barracks to other barracks in the UK for various reasons. Reguardless of if i live in my car or not, the room will still be there and be paid for. I recently had to buy some need kit as the stuff we get issued isnt at all usable, its been used since the early 90s. I understand where youre coming from but ive literally tried everything to get back on track but ive hit an obstacle each time. The kit u had to buy cost all together abut £350 or there abouts and this cant be claimed back. I also cant claim back travel expenses for some stupid government reason

Attached: Dalai Lama quotes calm mind 071916.png (513x383, 170K)

>100£ rent
I pay six times that on a salary similar to yours. Even with travel expenses, you`ve got aund shitload of spending money.
Get rid of your gf, transfer your loan onto a bunch of free credit cards, then live tigt for half a year and your done.

If you live frugal, 200 covers your living expenses easily.