My boomer parents sold the house to purchase an RV and travel for their "Sunset years" without even consulting me

>My boomer parents sold the house to purchase an RV and travel for their "Sunset years" without even consulting me
>That house was suppose to go to me
>When I talked to my sister about it she had the audacity to defend the decision of my parents saying how "they are in their right" and "our parents worked so hard for many years"
>She is married to a rich jew lawyer and has a big beautiful house
>Meanwhile I live paycheck to paycheck and rent a small apartment for $750 a month

I've been ghosting my parents and sister ever since. I dont plan to go to family gatherings anymore until they fix this wrongdoing. Why are boomers like this Jow Forums? Why do this to your own son.

Attached: 1510773152497.png (882x758, 16K)

Awww, poor you. Maybe you shouldn't have been a shit loser waiting on a handout.

My family home is just getting repossessed by the bank. I've known this for years and it's more motivating than frustrating.

You'll survive along with all the other millennials with similar issues.

Are you going to get the RV?

>Maybe you shouldn't have been a shit loser waiting on a handout.
That.

This is the dictionary definition of entitlement. Don't get ahead of yourself. You counted chickens before they hatched. Why do you deserve the fruits of their labour? Your parents are still alive and they were once in your position and had to struggle and scrimp and save to get where they are. Until they die, it's their house, their money, their time. You can suggest things to them but really they hold you no obligation now that you are fully grown. Besides, it's better to have things that you earned and worked for rather than were handed. This is all coming from a millennial who lives paycheck to paycheck and pays $1450 in rent a month mind you.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll continue to be petty and act like you were wronged so good luck with making a fool of yourself.

It was my only chance of owning a house in the relatively near future. Now I'm going to have to rent for who knows how long could be for a lifetime.

Awwwww poor baby. I didn't buy my house until I was 30. Also, why don't you focus on yourself and getting a better job before you consider home ownership? Your parents don't owe you a god damned thing.

That's not even the point. Why not help out your SON who happens to be struggling?

Why enable your failure?

My sister just texted me "Isaac we are having a BBQ at my house this sunday if you want to come" She is still trying to act like I didn't just got FUCKED OVER.

Attached: 1430317680749.jpg (494x282, 43K)

facts: you're overreacting and you're about to really strain your relationship with your family if you show these emotions

You disrespect your parents with this attitude. You lay waste doing nothing with yourself for years and make your parents worry about you. You continue to act like a fucking baby who can't handle his own life. Clearly they've enabled you for far too long, and since you are an adult, it's your responsibility.

Chances are, they did this for your sake. They let you be a big fucking baby because they thought you might handle it poorly if they acted tough, and perhaps you'd come to your senses next year. That hasn't happened year after year, so they said "Fuck it, we can't spoil our son anymore". There is no going back now. You have your back against the wall, and nows your time to grow up for once.

They've been doing it his whole life, why suddenly stop?
Raise a loser kid then just wash your hands of it and go nope, not my problem? That's irresponsible

>That hasn't happened year after year, so they said "Fuck it, we can't spoil our son anymore"

"We broke the kid. Fuck it, not our life not our problem"

they didn't break you. maybe they raised you in ways that were conducive to you being lazy. but at the end of the day, it's much more your fault you don't have a house yet than it is their fault.

>they didn't break you. maybe they raised you in ways that were conducive to you being lazy.

"they didn't break you, they just assembled you wrong"

they didn't assemble you

you're a person with free agency

>they didn't assemble you

then they didn't parent him
that's what parents do

Try to get this through your thick skull:

They "broke" you by spoiling you. But you cannot blame them for accepting being spoiled once you turned into an adult. You just kept being a little baby as they continued to spoil you.

They are trying to make up for their mistakes by not coddling you anymore. They did not fuck you over. They are doing exactly the right thing. Good on them.

>They did not fuck you over.

They DID fuck him over by spoiling him. Now they're leaving him to drown after they fucked him over.

Whatever i will continue to ghost them until I get an apology and some sort of compensation I will no longer partake in shitty bbqs or gatherings of any sorts

You're not entitled to anything until they're dead. It's their money, they worked for it, and they can do what they want with it. Don't like it? Tough shit.

get ready to hurt all of your family members feelings to a more severe degree than anything they're responsible for doing to you, alienate them further, and fall steeper into whatever pit you're creating for yourself right now.

or you could accept it for what it is and move on

you're allowed to express frustration with how difficult it is for you to get your life together with your family, but you're not allowed to blame them for it or put unnecessary loads of anger onto them.

seriously you need to stop doing whatever you're planning on doing with this whole punishment thing, it's only gonna make the whole situation worse by a huge margin

you're probably gonna make your mother cry and at that point you've bought yourself a bigger problem than not having a house yet

While I think OP is a fool for expecting anything from his parents, I also think cutting contact with them is reasonable. Why waste his time? Monetary incentive is pretty much the only reason to spend time with old people.

LOL. You’re a fucking loser. You won’t rent forever. Eventually you’ll be homeless. Get used to the idea of dying in a gutter someday.

Look here, while they CAN do that if they want, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

For much of human history, a pervasive sentiment has been for one to choose to work hard and suffer to build up a better life for those who follow, i.e. their children, so that they don't have struggle as much - so they have things a little bit better. As the old Greek proverb goes,
society prospers when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never rest under.

Then comes a generation where it becomes common for them to ignore the well-being of everyone who will follow them for their own fleeting benefit. They have been, and continue to, choose not to sacrifice for the betterment of the generations that will follow, but to get what they can for themselves even explicitly at the expense of the well-being of those who will follow them.

They are putting their own selfish, short-term interests ahead of the long-term well-being of the people they are obligated to raise and care for. They are being disrespectful not only by ignoring the struggle of their child rather than helping, but also by squandering what they've built up over their lives on a short-term experience that can't be passed down. They deserve shame. They deserve the ire of the people they turn a blind eye to.

I'm in a very similar situation. My father wants to sell our house, it's a good and it's in a good neighbourhood, making it reasonably expensive. He wants to leave the city and buy a small rural property.

Luckily for me, my mom gave her half of the property to me when they divorced. According to our country's law, he can still sell the property if he wants to regardless of what I want, because he built it, but I am entitled to half the money.

seriously op don't listen to this fool

he's trying to get you to put a wedge in between you and your family when in reality if you just stopped being so entitled they could probably fast track you to owning your own home

Everyone is pretending this isn't bait so I will too, here we go...

>boomer parents
Millennial detected.
[laughs in cantonese]

Attached: Manga Recommendation Thread - MaiOtaku Anime.jpg (600x575, 67K)

I'm pretty sure I won't make my mom cry or my dad lmao. They are cold and my sister was always the favorite.

Just don't go say you're busy and actually become productive. As you get older especially being a guy you find other priorities and your parents aren't there. So, move on with your life and make some money. Don't listen to the people saying your spoiled etc. Grow up make money, make your life better and let your parents do whatever the fuck they want.

Attached: 1501559352103.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Listen duder i feel for you.

But at the end of the day, they don't owe you their house. Inheritance is like, you get anything that happens to be there once they're dead. They don't *have* to purposely leave anything. Till they pass, what they have is theirs. End of the day they already spent gazillions of dollars of resources raising you.

Also, consider that old people live for ages these days. You probably won't see anything for like another 20 years.

My rents have two houses but they're not paid off and they're heading into tough times and will probably have to sell. I probably won't see anything myself.

I don't hold it against them.

Attached: IMG_3117.png (1240x2231, 243K)

seriously dont be a dick to your family

you can be frustrated because your life is shitty at the moment but they're there to help you, granted you need to accept you're not getting the house. if you can accept they've decided not to give you the house so they can pursue their own interests in life, yet still love them and ask for love and support in a way that shows you respect their freedom, you will get a lot more than trying to make them feel bad about something they've already done

you should just want your family to be happy and want to be able to provide for yourself

based

>That house was supposed to come to me

How do you know that? Did your parents actually say anything about this beforehand?

Good then it'll be easy to cut them out of your life. If your sister was always the favorite just walk away. Let your parents do whatever they want, go find a better job somewhere and leave. No point in sticking around if your parents want to RV around lmao.

Attached: 1446165976226.jpg (500x375, 44K)

>millenials
>boomer parents
Is 'boomer' what underage cunts call anyone over 18 now?
My parents were boomers and they are hitting their late 60s. So unless OP was born when they were 50+ it's a matter of harden up and fuck off.

Boomers are the softest, most entitled and greedy people ever to exist. Always funny to see the absolute hypocrisy that comes out whenever someone points it out.

Hope they all rot in hell where they belong.

>Boomers
>That house was suppose to go to me
Are you 40+ years old OP?
And why do you want a house? If you're spending $750 on an apartment each month you sure as shit won't be able to maintain upkeep on a home.

OP, do you have a job or are you a NEET?

OP here im 24

I'm a lab Technician

I'm not sure what you mean by that, at least I wont be paying rent each month. Not like it matters now since I will be renting for life.

That's a millennial or earlier thing.
millennials ?-1995 lazy, entitled, whiners and a few people
gen-z[ombie] 1996-2009 zombies and people

When were you born, guy?

>I didn't buy my house until I was 30
>This is something you're happy about
cuck

>americans

you dont deserve that land you live on, you all deserve to be shot out to space

I’m with your sister on this one. Its their money and assets to do whatever the fuck they want with.

You’re greedy and have your priorities all fucked up.

I bet you’re one of those faggots that likes to “shop” for fun and the only time you’re “happy” is when buying new things.

I fucking hate the boomers but im siding with them on this one.

The irony is that your actions just encouraged your parents to rewrite their wills so you’ll get nothing. Prior you were you to get a pretty fat life insurance settlement.

Pic related, faggo

Attached: F5E8A0CD-D3E2-4253-9036-CE438177B554.png (1136x640, 1.09M)

just stop talking to them. Who cares? They don't seem to.

I heard some other crybaby millennial going on about how boomers suck the other day. He used the specific example of an article he read in the WSJ about boomers selling their houses and gettting RVs. And then he fairly flew into a rage about that and every other imagined slight of boomers to millennials.

I listened to it and wondered what the fuck is wrong with this generation? Nobody in my generation ever assumed we had a "right" to anything from anybody. But these millennials are different. They're fucked in the head.

They're unable to accept responsibility for their own lives and they expect other people to make all their decisions for them. Then if something goes wrong, well it's the other person's fault for telling them to do X.

Then there is the sense of entitlement. I really think it comes back to the self esteem thing. They've been teaching these little drama princesses in the school that they're all special and they all DESERVE whatever they want in life.

Working for goals is not a part of their makeup, and working for goals and having them fall through just enrages them. Of course, that happens to them a lot because they're been told that they can do anything and SHOULD HAVE whatever they want.

Get your children out of the public schools. If they stay not only will they be indoctrinated with homo propaganda, they'll also be crippled by the psychological conditioning.

While I understand your upset OP I feel like you're ignoring the upside of this. While your parents deciding to sell up and live in an RV for the rest of their natural means you won't get the family home, it also releases you from any burden of care for them in their twilight years. Traditionally parents would come to rely on their children when they become elderly, but yours have released you from that by deciding to strike out on their own.
And hey, at least you're not alone, the bulk of young people in the USA are probably never going to own an actual home in their lifetimes, renting is becoming the norm for the vast majority.

You realize that your sister is entitled to half of her parents estate too after they pass. And you also need to realize that your parents could live a very long time and depending on the medical care they may need could use up every cent they have.
You are one entitled ass OP.

>$750/month
Why not buy an apartment instead?
There is some overhead, but the majority of your "rent" can go to paying off the loan so when you sell, you have more money. Spend your vacations with your family where you get them to help you improve the apartment so you enjoy the time you have with them.
Flip the apartment and make money each time and soon you will have a house yourself. Renting is a waste of money. The freedom it gives you is only relevant if you live a place where selling is hard.