Thought Experiment on Likely Terrorism Targets

Hypothetical here. Let's say there was a group with the means to do some serious damage to a region, but they are also cost-efficient terrorists. What would be the most cost-efficient method and would it be worth the risk? Keeping with the theoretical, let's say the region in question was a decent sized city (~300,000 people) and maybe 7-9 bridges around the city (both major and minor) that are a variation of pic related and span a couple hundred meters at longest.
If the goal was to hit the target in the pocket, I've seen that the best method is to target the bridges, yet unless there is catastrophic failure, temporary bridges can be erected in as little as a week or two if people were to react immediately to the situation.
On the other hand, we have the targeting of the people, and there are a couple methods to do this, with airborne chemicals/bio agents, waterborne chemicals/bio agents, or simply destroying populated structures like office buildings. Problem with chem/bio is that you can end up killing yourself during creation/culturing if not handled properly, and things could get out of hand really quickly if dispersed in a shitty way (ie spreading chemicals too high above city and it goes all over the place in the wind). What are your thoughts on how this terrorism could be achieved and possible things that would mitigate damage (such as the sheer amount of public water diluting chemicals to near nothingness). Merely a thought experiment to probe defenses and recovery options.

Attached: Bridges.jpg (400x322, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lakenewsonline.com/article/20151216/NEWS/151219291
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMxiZztxpY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice post fbi, very cool.

You mean like Israel planned on using bombs to collapse all the bridges in manhattan after they detonated 3 nukes under the WTCs?

This

Ne ne FBI-kun, FBI-kun

Are you going to use these hypotheticals to strengthen our weakpoints or are you going to use it to LARP with retards you plan to arrest?

Like after 9-11 just the threat of a terror attack on a bridge is enough to shut down bridges especially in a city with 7-9 bridges. I honestly wonder why pic related does not happen far more often.

Attached: download (1).jpg (750x521, 542K)

FBI please no shitpoat

I am not fbi...yet. Senior taking a counter-terrorism class and was interested with the stuff done by Marcinko, namely Red Cell. Obviously done at a scale much larger than just the Navy, I was curious as to how others might "attack" the target and figured Jow Forums had the strangeness of /b/, but with more thought put into it, considering Jow Forums always seems to grab the headlines for other autistic stunts.

>cost-efficient terrorists
That's a funny way of typing Jews.

True. A whole city without power would be pretty crippling, but I am pretty sure there are back-up generators in a good number of important places like hospitals for situations like severe storms/normal outages.

Well, if you were a terrorist, wouldn't you want to maximize the severity of your message at the least cost and danger to you?

If I were a terrorist I would want to succeed in my jihad sacrificing all else

Conventional terrorism doesn't work well in first world countries, the reason being that those in power don't actually care if the citizens are stabbed, shot, run over, and blown up. Even when the people are scared and angry, it amounts to nothing.

Don't forget spark-gap generators to cripple wireless.

Hey there, FBI-kun.

Sometimes I think about how terrifying it would be if someone targetted a high-pop-density apartment building, like in New York or something.

Shit keeps me up at night sometimes.

How about realizing it's not the 1960s anymore and larping/psyopping something with a teeny tiny bit of imagination and whimsy, like a Roman Legion themed fitness camp in Hawaii for Jow Forumstards, instead of your off-topic low-IQ bait?

Or take a lesson from Jow Forums and talk people into extreme gender-reassignment and then working as seductive infogatherers? That's a hilarious fantasy because it's "entrapment" on four levels at once.

The state of this board. The state of those who use this board.

Attached: 1541568006609.jpg (1080x1080, 104K)

more cost effective and damaging to knock out power, somone post that info pic of city power sub systems

Following up on this, for power outages to be longer than a few days, you would need near complete devastation, rather than just targeting a few choke points. Even the Northeast Blackouts of 1965 and 2003 lasted less than a week (though some spots didn't have power for over two weeks). You would need near total system destruction, as if it were hit by a storm, for it to last very long for many people.

>Senior taking a counter-terrorism class
Fucking glow in the dark underage high school senior already interning with the FBI what a faggot let's point and laugh at this FBI fag

well hypothetically youre a cia nigger trying to figure out how much we know. but hypothetically, there was an user a few years ago who posted a thread about how to unleash mayhem on major metropolitans in the US, mostly by microdamage to major infrastructure. most of his instructions were against communications and power systems. backing out screws in terminal boxes, loosening cables in telephone/broadband switchboards, the kinds of things that are easy to do but nearly impossible to diagnose. taking out a bridge would be inadvisable and impossible to do low profile

No but you could cost a city more rescorces then it's taxpayers could afford and spread extreme discourse thereby furthering a goal

You mean like a Grenfell Tower kind of deal? Or more of a "Suddenly, an explosion and the apartment building topples over" deal?

> Senior taking a counter-terrorism class
> Senior
Post timestampped beer cans or gtfo

and spread out police resources , no city is just one power station but a lot of sub stations all over the place

If you want to destroy a bridge, just let women and non-whites design, build, and oversee it...

Attached: Diversity_Bridge.jpg (299x168, 14K)

>but they are also (((cost-efficient terrorists)))

college senior, not highschool. And the fbi thing was a joke. Finishing a degree in political studies focusing on foreign policy and figured the counter-terrorism would be a more interesting almond activator than the philosophy class.

Hydroelectric dam. Locks.

lakenewsonline.com/article/20151216/NEWS/151219291

conspiracy to commit

kristiiniicole @ instagram

Attached: 1532537406070.gif (640x266, 1.6M)

I would target refineries. those things are already ticking time bombs. would just have to turn a valve or change a value on some screen and kabloom

>poli-sci
have fun being a lobbyist

I've been waiting for a small nuclear bomb to go off in a major city for a while now, and am quite surprised that one hasn't. How have the jihadis not collaborated with the Norks or Iranians to sneak a dirty bomb across the border? It's more evidence of their general incompetence if you ask me.

Attached: 2.jpg (332x327, 31K)

Can't. Dry campus and suitemate is a snitch. Already ratted me out for having a portable heater to keep warm until the dorm switched from cooling to heating.

Attached: sad-face_318-32735.jpg (626x626, 31K)

if terrorists wanted to destroy significant portions of the united states, all they would need to do would be to set forest fires all over the pacific northwest

that is hasn't happened on a truly large scale indicates to me that the actual threat of 'terrorism' and attacks on the american people themselves are marginal at best

You attack the comfort level of the society.
No electricity
No running water/water treatment
No garbage collection
Choke points for supply distribution into the cities
Mess around with any of those and the proles will start rioting if the conditions are kept for 7-10 days.

Shoot out the transformers of power stations like those ghosts did in California years back.
Some of those parts are very expensive and can takes many months at least to replace.
>FBI/NSA watchlist here I come
Also there's a post someone made about doing that while calling in bomb threats to critical points like airports and then using signal jammers to fuck with the emergency services.
All non violent acts that could cost billions of dollars if done right.

There are the fires in California.

Only one company in the nation makes replacement transformers for powerlines. Shooting them slowly drains them of the oil used for coolant over the span of a few days. Shooting key ones cripples the city with no one knowing who you are due to lag between actions done and effect.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LmMxiZztxpY

You can also set up fake cellphone towers around govt and military buildings to disrupt communications and to spy.

Some places have began hardening them. I'm guessing the strategic ones mentioned in the YouTube link I posted.

>false flag: the thread

This. Canada could get fucking bombed and nobody would do anything. Gotta make them shekels. Diversity isn’t as bad as you’d think, but division is. The national guard would be inept anyway, since Trudeau is importing the terrorists anyways

Want to ace your class? Stop thinking bridges and think electric grid, extremely fragile in the U.S. only takes something like 9 substations disabled to blackout the entire country.

Where the fuck are you going to get a fake cellphone tower?

Reaction images should be...an existing reaction image.

Assuming you're trolling for (you)s...maybe try not just diving in to the topic. First, establish a character and interesting story. For example, you could pretend to be a deranged incel user who's been drinking liters of mountain dew every day while sitting on an improvised "toilet seat chair" made out of a toilet placed on an empty 55gal barrel. Instead of emptying it, ever, he just turned on an exhaust fan blowing fresh air right at him. People will call it "fake and gay" unless there are 5+ pictures that are NOT reverse image searchable and NOT photoshopped. THEN, credibility has been established and anons will reply. It doesn't have to be disgusting, but it does have to be well thought out and have original timestampped images to post. Remember, this board is high-IQ and paranoid. An original "shit barrel user" story would be far more credible than your first post.

What do you think about Jow Forums as a whole?

Attached: 1542361548193.jpg (650x650, 61K)

They’re both funded by bankers, and (((they))) can’t make nuclear war profitable. Just fucks up the land so you can’t use it until irradiated. It’s simple and cruel. Like the kikes

Signal interceptors and baseband repeaters are easy to make fren, you can even mount them on drones...

You simply create a shortage of a resource that entitled fat people already take for granted. It's their actions create the actual terror.

Attached: high-voltage-powerlines-500x375-500x321.jpg (500x321, 36K)

>What would be the most cost-efficient method and would it be worth the risk?
Shoot transformers around the country.
They're unguarded.
They're hard to make.
We have no backups.
We can't get any replacements for 20-25 weeks.
If you get enough of them, massive blackouts roll across the power grid.
All you need is some rifles and some bullets.

Start focusing on subversion you fucking dumb FBI monkeys!! Watch Yuri Bezmenov and learn why countries fall apart.

HINT: Its not fucking romantic shit like bridges.

Attached: 43706876ufdytofdsisfdu753472653074264fdsyf.jpg (400x400, 91K)

Stop trying to utilize autism to craft your plans terrorist scum.

>Hypothetical
>cost-efficient terrorists

I can smell your whiteness through the screen whitey

You mean ice storms taking down the power poles and lines? Happens all the fucking time in the Southeast.

order from China

Thermite on transformer yards, those things take a while to replace, and would be a likely target.
I tell you this, because I know the budget for defense on these things will never be high enough to stop someone from finding a new way to shut down the whole system.

Check out the black sky project. Might find some interesting info there and also red pill yourself at the same time when you see who is behind the project.

Was was exploring thoughts more about the forced premature failure of west coast transmission lines

Ok I'll spill the beans. The most cost-efficient means of terrorism would be to shut down Jow Forums. I don't think I need to explain why.

>1984
What are the odds of that? Underrated post.

DO NOT REPLY

THIS IS A HONEY POT

WE WILL THEORIZE THE BEST POSSIBLE TARGET AS AN ATTEMPT TO STOP IT

WE WILL BE FALSE FLAGGED

You're either FBI, an actual terrorist, or a LARPing faggot. If FBI, go do some real work instead of trying to entrap autsists and/or coopt this place for it's wargaming ability. Start an autistic wargame task force if we're that gud. If actual terrorist, counter-terror yourself you fucking pussy. If LARPing faggot, 3/10 for Red Cell. The rest is gay and forced.

Attached: 1543718217446.gif (480x270, 1.36M)

Shhh!

Oh shit I was about to say OP was a faggot but I guess I'll just lie instead and say OP is completely straight.

The fact that it hasn't happened yet if proof that Jow Forums will be kept operational at all costs. Under no circumstances may this autism be allowed to escape containment.

The US government would Never try to entrap or work against its own people. Would it?

I enjoy thinking in hypotheticals. I hope this doesn't get me on a watch list.
Fire is cheap. This user is right. Stressing the emergency services of this country past their capacity to operate effectively would cause an enormous shitstorm. Setting fires to a fuckton of different spots(forests, fields, buildings, etc.) at the same time would be a nightmare for firefighters and police. If you could somehow ensure that they all reached California wildfire like destruction you would cause a lot of damage.
I guess it sort of ties into the first idea, but a very large atrocity would catch a lot of attention too. Burning/bombing heavily populated apartments, schools, churches/mosques, old folks homes, and other places people have an emotional attachment to would be cheap as well and have a huge impact. Maybe poison gas or dirty bombs would be a better idea in the populated places, but just imagine granny roasting alive in her chair before her oxygen tank explodes and sprays ground granny everywhere.

Attached: 1543973188937.jpg (1024x681, 111K)

At 0700 hours, I will personally biologically attack a major seven eleven with a bowl of piss in the microwave. Gotta get it to 97.9 Degrees F for dat pee pee test for my food stamps.

Hi FBI/NSA. Fucking cat ladies.

heh

Attached: 1543705858274.jpg (540x720, 93K)

just fyi you can absolutely get v& talking about this stuff if you get detailed
godspeed anons

So from what I've seen here so far, the most likely targets would be either power generators (dams, refineries, etc) or power transmitters (EHVs, power lines, sub stations, etc). And here I was, thinking blowing bridges would be the best non-violent method, stopping commuting and land-based logistics. Interesting (and slightly unnerving) stuff. Knew Jow Forums was the right board to ask first. So now, the question is how might one mitigate this damage? Buy more transformers pre-emptively? Actually put legit casings around the important parts of stations, and a few unimportant ones as dummies?

Except your assumption is wrong. Why would I need to make up a story as a background reason for something I am actually somewhat interested in. Besides, the only reactions for sadness that I could think of on the spot was pepe stuff and then you'd call me a frogposter on top of a glow-in-the-dark.

No one is reporting any of this, at least not on my side (meaning me). I am just genuinely curious. The evolution to the U.S. scale was not my doing. I was just focused on a city.

Attached: 1541679540240.jpg (327x346, 62K)

Why not destroy the power supply AND blow the bridges? Make the outage last longer.

>but just imagine granny roasting alive in her chair before her oxygen tank explodes and sprays ground granny everywhere.
Holy fuck, dude.

OK that's enough too many glowies in this thread. shitpost it to death boys. you know what to do. sage

Attached: faggot.jpg (620x393, 31K)

Attached: 1543733598384.jpg (870x783, 132K)

Attached: johnny gosch.jpg (1200x630, 77K)

Take penis out of pet leaf

>terrorism
Do not be so obsessed with casualties and destruction. Terror is not war. Terror is a tool to raise attention to or highlight a cause, strike fear into or demoralize the civilian population of a nation with a superior military.
I remember a few years ago, around the bataclan terror times. An islamic terror cell was stopped in southern europe.
The group was heading to Norway to carry out a knife attack. Not a conventional street attack, no, their plan was to break into the home of a random family and torture and kill the family members in front of eachother, all while videotaping it to post online.
I have to admit, that's the only time terror actually got to me. Not much, but a little.

So cost-efficiency for damage to a region? I'd say go for psychological damage. Break into someone's home, torture them and upload the footage online for the world to to see.

Attached: jordan pederstein.jpg (1024x683, 244K)

Railroad tracks are soft soft targets, bridges are hard targets because they are constantly used and so somebody is going to see you fucking around with it. Electrical system could be seriously messed up if you had 10-15 people hit different substations at the same time.

Attached: tycoon.jpg (1280x720, 675K)

Attached: 1543791989967.jpg (960x960, 201K)

>Mitigate?
I would have backup devices stored & ready, have better systems to determine/report whether they are damaged in the first place & make sure cameras are recording traffic in those areas. You could also run drills to simulate how the city responds to various attacks or just general "stress tests" and develop better protocols based on those drills.

Attached: black cube.jpg (474x521, 59K)

Attached: fags.jpg (990x556, 52K)

I don't think taking out bridges would accomplish much other than costing them money. They can always just ferry goods across, and so long as the lights are on, most can still make money.

The method with the most potential is likely a bioweapon, like a designer virus or infectious bacteria. Fortunately, it's not a prescriptive process like bomb-making so shoestring budget jihadists haven't done it just yet.

If it were possible to get an air-transmissible virus to behave similarly to rabies in a person, you could completely fuck a city. If it were transmissible from animal to human, even moreso.

>building topples over
Collapses into its own footprint at free fall speed

Attached: 1543839211627.jpg (437x431, 15K)

Attached: 1537892332859.png (1368x730, 144K)

>im not fbi

thats what a glow in the dark nigger would say

Make a bunch of acetone peroxide (TATP) and rent a room on the 30th floor of a highrise. You can take it from there. Don't jar the TATP.

And post online before the collapse "unlike Trump, we're building bridges, not burning them"

Attached: 1544071861574.jpg (600x785, 203K)

Welcome, gen-x newfag. All are welcome on Jow Forums, even obvious glowies.
Go search the archives for Jow Forums redpill compilations until you understand what is disinfo and what is truth too terrible to think about. Don't forget, you're here forever.

Attached: 1540948759845.png (459x600, 479K)

Odd that the tactics used by, say, the IRA or Hamas have not made it to the U.S. yet. Targeting civilians in civilian places hits hardest. Soft targets. Coffee shops, shopping malls, that sort of thing. Happened all over in the 70s up to today, but not in the US. Wonder why?

Power grid is the best bet