Is there any legitimate political movement to reduce the time we spend working?

Is there any legitimate political movement to reduce the time we spend working?

When we were hunter gatherer tribes, we likely only spent very little time working (i.e. hunted). Now, with our rapid technological developments, we actually work MORE than before.
But obviously technology could be used to automated food production, as well as electricity, etc., which would reduce the amount of human work necessary to keep society going to a minimum.

In theory that's true, but in practice it's somehow not happening. Most people work 40 hours per week, many even more than that. Why is that and how can we change it?

And what we also notice: people don't want the amount of work to be reduced! Almost everytime we talk about automation, e.g. self-driving cars replacing taxi drivers, some idiot screams "MUH JOBS"
Don't people see that getting people out of work is what we actually need?
Someone loosing their job to a robot is actually a GOOD thing.
But somehow people (and politicians) think that is something they need to prevent.

Why the fuck do people think not having to work 40 hours per week is the worst that could happen to them?
If more people would loose their jobs without new jobs being created, that would mean we reduce the total amount of work necessary and we could transition from 40 hours, to 30, to 20, to 10. Maybe even to 0 for most of society.

And if we'd restructure society right now, we'd be at a point where most people don't need to work if they don't want to in a few years. Why is nobody pushing this? Why is it always "muh jobs, need to keep working"

Attached: krampus.jpg (427x681, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anxietyculture.com/crapjobs.htm
static1.squarespace.com/static/5a93121d3917ee828d5f282b/t/5b4e4237352f53b0cc369c8b/1531855416866/Final Perpetual Guardian report_Professor Jarrod Haar_July 2018.pdf
vimeo.com/30792871
washingtonpost.com/business/2018/09/05/bernie-sanders-introduces-stop-bezos-act-senate/?utm_term=.6807588a6320
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People didnt work as much back then, because there was no point. People hunted and gathered to a threshold that kept the area stocked and regenerating normally. There was no mechanism for turning 100 hours of weekly work into productive effort.

Surely this hasn’t been tried before.

Look into the FIRE movement

Be careful though, OP. It requires a bit of personal responsibility. Might only be useful for Americans.

Gas the kikes, destroy most of the jewed corporate/gov't/military/banking/financial system and release supressed tech.

But there is still no point. People really aren't any happier now that we have iPhones and gamer pcs.
It seems more like the opposite to me, depression and anxiety are more common than ever, as well as loneliness.
We work more than ever and it only makes us feel worse

What you are talking about is impossible, and will not happen without a 1 world government. Only poor lazy fucks complain about working and think humans shouldn't work. Idle hands are the devils playground. The world would be absolutely disgusting if no one had to work.

>live with my parents
>wagies complain to me that they don't work ENOUGH hours to afford all of shekelburg's luxuries
I smile at them, knowing they will forever be inferior

Attached: Tell+me+more+about+you+first+_abffa8a8852afcfaccce0e1ee4d0d924.png (828x1403, 242K)

Well, has it? I don't think so, but I'd be happy to hear I'm wrong

>Idle hands are the devils playground.
propaganda to justify abnormal amounts of work

I was speaking to a bloke at my work who said "When I was last out of work I was so bored.."

People are so conditioned into 40 hour week go home, watch TV and get back to work on monday.

They do NOT know what to do with their time if you offer them freedom.

What if I want a spanking for krampus?

Attached: 1437384953180.jpg (985x1280, 196K)

anxietyculture.com/crapjobs.htm

nah, FIRE requires you too work full time during your best years
My current options are:
1) work half time, since my line of work pays enough to survive on 20 hour per week
2) be a hippie and leave society for good

Now you can stockpile money, while stockpiling food was only good for as long as you could keep it edible, now it's only anotger huge crash that will spoil ppls stockpiles, like we have every 20 years or so

> What you are talking about is impossible, and will not happen without a 1 world government.
Filthy joo detected.

> go back to work, goyim
Most people are doing busy work in bullshit jobs and they even fill most of the time with facebook and other dumb crap. Maybe they should work on stuff that makes sense or use facebook at home.

Yeah that's exactly what I see too. People are way out of touch with their own purpose in life. Not even saying there is anything like some vague metaphysical purpose, but if you really think about how you want to spend your life "sitting in a office 40 hours and being a potato in front of a TV the rest of my time" can't be the answer. I'm really sad for those people.

I'll do it for you any day bro

>anxietyculture.com/crapjobs.htm
yeah they're exactly right

We should change the week to 6 days: 4 work days and 2 day weekends.

Studies have shown that we are more productive when we have a 4 day work week with 3 days off.
static1.squarespace.com/static/5a93121d3917ee828d5f282b/t/5b4e4237352f53b0cc369c8b/1531855416866/Final Perpetual Guardian report_Professor Jarrod Haar_July 2018.pdf
A 6 day week is between that experiment and the current situation, and so would result in the same productivity boost.

Further, 6 is not a prime number. Because 7 is prime, you cannot do something every other day, or every third day of the week, and have it fall on the same days of the week every time. This can be more easily accomplished with a 6 day week (6 is divisible by 2 and 3, and even shares a common factor with 4). In a system with 6 day weeks, people will be able to more easily organize their time, will have more leisure time, and will be more productive overall.

3 day weeks with better wages, everyone gets a job but nobody has to do too much.

Most of this comment is exactly correct, hunter gatherers are actually much more happy than people in civilizations on average.

>But there is still no point.
This part is wrong. There is a reason civilizations with agriculture, money, governments, money, and technology span the globe. If we returned to a hunter gatherer lifestyle, we would be unable to specialize: we would each spend most of our working time sustaining ourselves. But due to farming, some members of civilizations can spend all their working time on problems besides nutrition. This includes military advances. Therefore, if we regressed to a hunter gatherer lifestyle, we might become happier, but a sadder
and more powerful civilization would destroy us and take our land.

>Is there any legitimate political movement to reduce the time we spend working?
Start your own business.
make own hours
choose your customers
charge what you want
shit goes wrong can't blame anyone but yourself.

That's a little extreme, don't you think? Is there evidence that would still work? Also, what if someone is a really shitty worker, destroys their employers property or costs them customers due to reckless behavior? How can you guarantee such a person a job?

Oh god yes, spank my ass!

Attached: 1526323054540.jpg (1714x1771, 243K)

Free market capitalism, unironically.

I suppose that saboteurs are more frustrated by 40 hour weeks than 24 hours a week?

3 day weeks could also cut unemployment down to very small numbers.

More working hours = more money earned = more taxes collected = more money for rapefugees

thats because, my kraut friend, things dont bring happiness.
vimeo.com/30792871

our bodies and minds have been optimized to work. what else should we be doing?

Eat shit, commie.

>implying most people dont spend 2-4+ hours a day at work shitposting from their phone

I think it's just weaponized protestant work ethic. Since Ford decided 40 hrs a week was the norm, any less than that means you're a lazy shit to a lot of people.

No Hans, YOU need to work more actually to compensate for niggers who don't work at all. That's just how it works

You all seem to misunderstand that you're not workers, but slaves. You own nothing but mere trinkets and they are also working hard to take your ability away to hold any kind of monetary wealth. This planet is run by organized crime and they keep pushing the pressure up to milk you dry until you die and get replaced by someone else. And you are fully aware of this, but continue to self destruct anyway. Even worse, you reproduce and lie to your offspring about the reality of life.

Working on your car, working on your house, building your family a coffee table. Just because you arent "at work" doesnt mean you cant spend your time being productive

>When we were hunter gatherer tribes, we likely only spent very little time working

I wonder if people actually believe this.

>I suppose that saboteurs are more frustrated by 40 hour weeks than 24 hours a week?
Probably, yes, but currently you aren't forced to hire saboteurs. You said that under your new system, everyone gets a job.

>3 day weeks could also cut unemployment down to very small numbers.
Only if you do one of two things.
1) Let employers cut wages substantially.
OR
2) Legally force employers to employ everyone.
You said that you wanted to raise wages, so I am assuming you are not going with option 1. That leaves you with only option 2.

that's all work, which is what we should be doing. I didn't realize OP was just crying about not being his own boss.

This I'm not even lazy I like the feeling of doing a decent days work and going home to enjoy the fruits of my labour, but some guys have this masochistic attitude to it like they don't have anything outside of work they actually value.

>Even worse, you reproduce and lie to your offspring about the reality of life.

"what do you want to be be when you grow up? "
is what they ask kids, force some role on them.

From the age of about 8 I saw all the lies, but it did me no good as everyone else is more than happy to play the game of work.

What the govt here do now is subsidise the low paid with top up benefits/money, so employers can continue to play low wages all the time.

full-time workers are taxed to pay for part-time workers and the employers ride over everyone.

>40 hours a week
>enough

People should be working at least 60 hours a week at 10 hours a day and 1 day off. Having so much free time just leads to depression as you wander around aimlessly, doing nothing at all.

Think about it.

24 hours in a day yeah?

8 to sleep, maybe 9, some people function better with 9. So let's say 9.

That's 15 hours.

10 to work.

5 left. It doesn't take you 5 hours to get to work, it takes say 1.5 commute, some even less. That's 2 hours a day free, more than enough to shower and eat in.

Then, you have the entire day off I was saving up. You wash clothes and get big shopping done, or prepare meals if you want to work overtime in the week or have a long commute.

These days we have all these people who worked far less than those who came before say they're working too much. This isn't because they are, but because they have too much time on their hands. If you go straight from work to bed and fall asleep exhausted, you can't spend the next few hours staring at the wall wondering where your life went so horribly wrong.

thats also where nature and families come in.
u only get depressed if you ignore these two

Hmmm maybe you need a Stop BEZOS Act?
washingtonpost.com/business/2018/09/05/bernie-sanders-introduces-stop-bezos-act-senate/?utm_term=.6807588a6320

Is that you Charles? Shouldn't you try to off mum instead, like time sure is running against you, old chap.

This is the right attitude. I think think banking/ finance part is the most important