Why won’t the French pay their fair share?

Attached: CADCCD26-36DF-4612-8E6E-D7093BF64260.jpg (1242x1423, 1.11M)

Serious question on ship pollution. Are the NOx and SOx emissions of ships “airborne enough” to be carried inland to my city? Or is it just people living in harbors which are killed by these emissions?

Attached: C941C417-BD0C-445C-929B-245BB6A8F716.jpg (466x263, 60K)

I too would like to know

I honestly have no idea. I just know that nothing individual citizens do in an effort to “fight climate change” can possibly mean shit in the end

it would be very anti globalist and environemtally friendly to kill international shipping. why hasn't anyone jumped on this?

Because no one wants to live in poverty, brainlet.

> not using atomic reactors on ships
> instead pollute the whole world

I don’t really care about climate change. Actually this summer in Germany was perfect, just a little too little rain. But rain is happening now.

Still, if ships are polluting my air 700km from the closest harbor, I say regulate the shit out of them. If they just pollute harbor areas... who the fuck cares?

That technology was ready to be mass deployed in the sixties, prototypes were built but nothing actually happened because nucular powa is scaaaawy.

>HURR HOW CUD IT B CLIMATE CHANGE IF ITS COLD NOW HAHA?

what the fuck are you talking about? because i can't get my cheap 40 cent coffee mug from chinkmart i'm going to be poor? who the fuck even are you? were you dropped on your head as a child? you stupid brain dead retarded yuro faggot.

>whines and insults

Start trying to understand how international trade and mass production works. Stuff is only cheap because you can mine ores and shit in africa, farm in south america, bulk ship it to china to be assembled by chinkslaves then mass transport it back to the EU and US. Producing everything locally would make pretty much everything you take as cheap trash suddenly unaffordable luxuries. Literally everything from industrial precursors to machine parts, to electronics, to consumer products is made in china(and asia in general) now. If you had to pay american wages, materials and taxes on every step on the supply chain your 40cent coffee mug would go for 15bux.

If we made our own stuff prices would drop.

>Nuclear container ship passes Africa
>Crew killed and parts sold as scrap by pirates

It's almost like human lives arnt worth as much as parcels

Is this trolling or failing econ 101?

surely there's no nationalistic solution here. surely your logic can't be subverted by changing something about our nations.

you
stupid
dumb
nigger

>surely there's no nationalistic solution here. surely your logic can't be subverted by changing something about our nations.

Surely you are not a fucking retard who thinks mercantilism or autarky works and competitive and comparative advantages, economies of scale doesnt, right? There is no "nationalistic solution" save for going full north korea.

If the wind and air are set right you get Sahara sand in your town those ships are closer.

This thread is not for landlocked types.

Short answer: Yes.
Slightly longer answer: Intl shipping is the #1 contributor to the acidifcation of the oceans, which will be the death of us all. Global warming is a cute 9th grade science experiment in comparison.

Attached: 1543201490228.jpg (816x479, 206K)

they were counting on back-end payments from the US/oligarch/kike internationalists, but with the richest oligarchs and kikes out of the deal, there's no back-end payments to offset the costs. hence the french no longer want to virtue signal about their sacrifice for muh climate change

Is that some residual brexit butthurt seeking an outlet?

>shorter but more accurate answer
>we're at the tail-end of an interglacial period that will soon be over, and nothing we can do will stop it
winter-chan cometh

I agree with the cooling perido approaching. Has absolutely nothing to do with ocean acidification.
Plankton die, shellfish are unable to reproduce, fish and sea mammals starve, and half the planet's human population quickly follows suit.
On top of which, the oceans are responsible for about 50% of the oxygen cycle, which becomes disrupted when the pH levels start to spike.

Nobody cares about the oceans. They think it's just some vast, monolithic slab of featureless poison water, when it's actually the most bio-diverse region on the planet. We can't take a nice Sunday stroll through the Mariana Trench, so it never even crosses people's minds that we should care what happens down there.

So you have three choices in the next century: Starve, suffocate, or freeze to death. Or fourth, I suppose, would be to die in atomic hellfire as the world wars kick off for dwindling resources.

Attached: 1517789353962.jpg (700x394, 202K)

If only there was a green method to move cargo across the ocean...

Attached: sky_sail.png (970x557, 621K)

This

We’ve done it before without oil, we can do it again