Is the current push against free speech online the modern day prohibition era?

If you replace "drinking beer and liquor" with "typing nigger and faggot" it seems oddly similar.

Attached: 3118563_orig.jpg (454x444, 49K)

Never have I seen a better commercial for liquor.

Prohibition lasted 14 years, then was reversed. For the sake of argument let's put the starting point modern censorship online at gamergate 4ish years ago. In another decade or so will they give up trying to close down every back alley message board and chatroom that dares let their patrons speak their mind?

Attached: prohibition-ends-at-last-1933-daniel-hagerman-canvas-print.jpg (386x622, 64K)

Yes. except this time, the ones pushing it the most would rather take a hammer to the wrist than say one positive thing about Christians or White people.

That being the case who/where are the modern version of prohibition gangsters rebelling against them?

Attached: images (3).jpg (215x235, 6K)

Prohibition is a good thing. Liqueur lasted longer than wheat and corn and meat prior to refrigeration, so there was a huge financial incentive for farmers to make alcohol with the surplus harvest they collected.

You're comparing a political movement that targeted the government to abolish alcohol with laws to a social movement pressuring non-government institutions.

A subset of the population (mostly women) are publicly promoting the idea that other people (mostly men) should not be allowed to engage in an activity they enjoy and are pressuring the government to step in and heavily regulate the places they engage in said activity.

Instead of raiding bars and smashing liquor barrels they are raiding websites and shutting down servers.

Attached: stylewars.jpg (687x685, 272K)

It has about the same effect. Its carried out by another group who lack self awareness and don't respect liberty. And their actions only serve to benefit the elite, and bring a control on the lower classes that the upper classes think they themselves don't need.

(When I say elite, I don't mean Jews. I mean rich people in whatever industry or position of influence and authority. I refuse to buy into the Jewish conspiracy thinking thats apparently popular in these parts)

Not to derail my own thread but start paying attention the "elites' last names. I used to have the same outlook about the "duh joos" here but after humoring the idea it turns out Jow Forums was right again. A disproportionate amount of "Steins" and "Bergs" seem to be elites.

I have paid attention to the last names. Yes, its true that a lot of those elites have Jewish (and kinda Germanic) last names.
But, after some thought, I came to the conclusion that this is actually incidental to them being rich, or a red herring and misleading detail of sorts.

Its like noticing that everyone who assassinated a president, or does serial murders, has three names. of course That's not really the meaningful part. (and the only reason why that seems to be the case is because the news or those seeking to capture fugitives feels a need to fully identify who they're talking about.)

So, I was almost persuaded.

The fact I went from sharing your outlook to being a door to door anti semitism salesman is kind of the entire reason SJWs want places like Jow Forums shut down.
>you disagree with Jow Forums's outlook
>still converse here in a civil manner
Why can't everyone do this instead of trying to "shut it down"?

Attached: 1523320935689.gif (229x263, 803K)

Everyone thinks they're the hero, and thinks every person they argue with is the forces of evil, I think.

As for me, in this moment, I think this is just one of those rare moments where I'm chill. I wish I was that more often.

It used to be that Republicans thought Democrat were wrong and Dems thought Republicans were evil. Now both sides think the other is evil and retarded.

>Jewish conspiracy theory
Lmao how’s your first week been

The fact one of the first things women did when they got the vote is ban alcohol is proof that women should never have been given the vote

Pretty sure those are a bunch of dudes in drag

Nah it's just the social justice crowd 100 years ago.
You can tell by the fact they're so ugly even a black guy wouldn't dick them, so they've learned to hate men

>implying anyone is going to kiss those horse-faced slags without imbibing copious amounts of liquor

So women have always been insufferable, good to know

How do lips type then?

Gttg

Attached: b196770327 (1).gif (861x752, 72K)

non sarc Jow Forums and all the free speech alternatives like voat and bitchute

censorship will make crypto a wide spread thing

>doing drive by shit postings via keyboard on rival sites
I can see it.

Attached: main-qimg-e86f86029532c2a003a9b544e4027e60-c.jpg (303x359, 26K)