Self Checkouts: Shouldn't I get a discount?

Instead of paying hourly wages for 8 cashiers to operate 8 cash registers, a company can install 8 self checkouts and pay one person an hourly wage to supervise all 8 self checkouts. Should I get a discount if I use self checkout, since I'm saving the company money?

Attached: Self-Checkout-Loss.jpg (997x672, 207K)

the discount is avoiding fat depressing checkout clerk goblins.

i just saw the Jow Forumscanada thread on this

usually when you use these, you do it because the line is shorter than the cashiers

you save time, time = money

so shut up

This
To be fair, a solid portion that I encounter are actually incredibly polite and always smiling. They're women in their 50s that look like run down crack whores, but a lot are very pleasant (to talk to, not to look at) at least at the stores near me.

You do you dip

Staffing costs are lower meaning less overhead

You don't get to choose how much you pay

Why are canadians allways dumb in some nonspecific way, you all have massive massive gaps in your knowledge

Love these things shows how useless cashiers are

Attached: 1526520495447.jpg (640x518, 34K)

Its good for my social anxiety that i dont have to interact with anyone.

Attached: 1514624929163.jpg (910x752, 59K)

you're fucking stupid if you think corporations passed any savings onto to consumers. Less overhead? Do you even know what the fuck you are saying? Profitability margins? Econ 101? You should probably set your computer on fire and kill yourself, Diet Australia Jr.

no because then every fucking dumbshit imbecile will start using these and shit up the line and I won't have a speedy checkout anymore

Bahahahahahaha! You think upper management is going to pass on the opportunity to make higher margins? They're not passing on any savings onto the consumer. They look at us as a bunch of idiots to take money from.

The whole point of automation in a lot of these companies (Especially American companies) is to keep the current prices while cutting their overhead down completely.

I feel like I owe them more because it means theres 1 less person i have to interact with.

>Should I get a discount if I use self checkout, since I'm saving the company money?

You are already getting a discount, because the store isn't raising prices as much as it would without self checkouts.

My question is, how do consumers feel like paying for the endless maintenence and "software experts" these machines will require? They'll be built cheap as shit so they'll be constantly breaking down, or crashing half the time. And you expect this shit to prepare your own food? Remember these computers have no intelligence or ability. Idea is not going to go well lads

The discount is called ringing up mangoes as potatoes

>capitalism
Its cheaper to have customers steal than to pay staff

its actually bad for your social anxiety that you never interact with anyone

go back to r*ddit you fucking faggot

Thanks for reminding me that I have to get out tomorrow and expose myself as part of my anxiety exposure therapy.

Attached: 150090837760466.png (495x498, 327K)

I like being able to avoid "human interaction" in these places. Put your earbuds in, ignore everyone, grab what you need, and cash out. No small talk. No bullshit.

But op asking for a discount due too inevitable automation? Go fuck yourself, cheap jew.

Businesses don't operate on the basis of fairness or passing on the most savings to customers. If a business actually did charge like $2.00 less for your overall monthly grocery purchase would you even notice? Probably not, you'd just still go to the place closest to you.

They don't do it because it wouldn't change your behavior to make you prefer them over another business.

Attached: 1484240062136.jpg (800x600, 78K)

What. Where do you live? With any grocer with more than 3 checkouts there will usually be a cute uni student behind a register.

Here you get hot 16 year old blonde girls. They're cheap and are a nice face for your supermarket.

Hahahahahaha those glasses

They do random checks

1 person to account for all those machines?! There should be at least 2 considering how often those machines throw a hissy fit and call for assistance after putting one fucking apple on the scale! 2 OP. No more, no less.

Those machines are a lot more expensive than the average cashiering retard. If anything you should pay more to avoid them.

How does that shit work anyway? Here you get those portable scanners and scan everything before you throw it in your cart.

Not here, and they also removed the scales since they were too annoying. That said I've only done it once, ringing up tomatilloes and tomatoes and then felt too guilty when I was eating it was I made with them so haven't done it since

Here random + every alcohol purchase.

*tomatilloes as tomatoes

Lowe’s manager here. People always say that self check outs (sco) are taking the jobs of people. We didn’t let go of one associate nor did we cut hours of the employees when these rolled out. Also, people actually like them, I get a lot of complaints when the sco systems are down and people have to wait in line for a cashier.
I personally hate the fact that Albertsons got rid of their sco and I have to go to a cashier, it’s slower and annoying.

you do get a discount. what, you don't "forget" to scan a few items? cuck.

No idea what those even are

Your job is pathetic

This.

If you aren't discounting it yourself you are an idiot.

It's built into the prices you fucking mong

No, because those fucks are still getting employed. When the store cuts out all of those jobs, then you can expect lower prices across the board.

Also this

I absolutely hate self checkouts. they are never calibrated correctly, everytime i use one the poor lad at the kiosk has to override it and the computer is always screaming about putting shit in a bag faster than i can get it in there. jesus fuck i cant stand them.

You want lower prices? Go heckle the manager or a cashier.

Attached: 1493305110596.jpg (335x400, 72K)

>Company saves themselves money
>You should get a discount

Commie fag. Nevermind that those machines are expensive.

Yes. But they won’t give it to you, and that’s the other reason I won’t use self-checkouts. I won’t rob some pleb of a job, I won’t let the bosses keep ALL those folks’ wages after they fire them, and also I won’t pay the boss’s exorbitant prices and do all the unloading, checking and repacking of my stuff too. Fuck them. FUCK them. It not only screws the employee; it double screws the customer as well.

Fuck off. The job didn’t vanish just because machine. They gave the job to YOU, commie retard. And you wanna do it for free. Fuck, you’re stupid. Go DIAF.

Yeah, I agree. I babysit 160 employees. But I do it for 93k per year plus up to 40% bonus and free stocks. The good outweighs the bad.

You just suck user. Scan then bag. It’s easy as fuck.
Besides, that cashier monitors 4 transactions and can still check out at his register, so he is potentially taking care of 5 customers at a time.

Nope. I used to man these bad boys. Nobody cares. It's super easy to ring up organic fruit/veg as normal, and if anybody gives you grief for it just say "oh I didn't see the organic option". Self checkout stations were how I saved money during college.

Fuck your. I hate society and why they feel like the need a discount on everything or feel like the have to call a manager for stupid ass reasons.

this also. the system doesn't flow well when the "attendant" is slow in response.

The plates on the bottom next to the machines (where the bags are), are weight sensitive. So if you put something down without scanning it first, it'll fuck up. Each item of produce is priced by weight or quainty as well.

Yes. If you have to pour your own drink it should be cheaper too.

>Should I get a discount if I use self checkout, since I'm saving the company money?
you already getting a discount with the lower prices they can now sell their goods for because they don't have to pay 7 more invalids yearly salaries to scan bar codes and take payment

OP is a kike

>spend 10 minutes standing in line with some fat gunt lady and her stroller behind me
>and some ancient lady in front of me counting out individual coins from a purse
>so I can buy a sandwich and a drink at lunch

>or spend 30 seconds ringing my stuff through
>paying with Interac Touch
>and enjoying the rest of my lunch break like a good wagie

I just got a discount as far as I'm concerned.

Not to mention the cashier is probably some shitskin ragtop who can't count or speak english.

Attached: qt49.jpg (1170x1497, 1.44M)

You are getting an added benefit, not only in the form of slightly cheaper goods, but the transfer of value from cashiering to other sections of the company.

Walmart was able to offer online ordering and in-store pickup for groceries because so many cashiers were freed up. You do get a small discount if you do the pickup thing. More people can work as stockers and on the store floor to ensure everything is fresh and in order.

Is this supposed to be hot? Pretty sure it smells bad.

What about the payroll tax?

>Should I get a discount if I use self checkout, since I'm saving the company money
You do if you select bananas and weigh your steak instead of scanning.

That is all additional profit for the company.

This, Id rather scan and bag my own groceries than be forced to make small talk with the mid 40s townies who sound like theyve been smoking since before puberty.

yes you should. usual corporate jewry.

>tattoos
May as well just wear a sandwich board saying she has herpes.

The discount is free shit.

I go shopping at Walmart at night the "security" are lazy niggers. Sometimes I just keep half my shit in the cart and they don't notice.

>townies
what's a townie

No, they just provide you with the possibility to hack/trick these machines or trick the superviser.
Buit you have to take it actively by yourself.

A bikie that goes to macca's

The general gist of a townie is people who never do much with their lives. The people who muddled through school and never leave the general area they grew up for college/trade school/travel/military.

Yes

ok makes sense.

>Oy vey! Not wanting to pay marked up prices to (((large corporations))) makes you a Jew!

The theft that happens offsets everything that could discount your pricing, so no, you get nothing.

>i just saw the Jow Forumscanada thread on this
>
>usually..

Attached: gWlcJOU3_400x400.jpg (378x378, 20K)

the machines are pretty great for haggling. they usually dont refuse an offer

How is your English so good that you can understand Australian-English terms so fluently. I fucking hate that the whole world can easily learn English and yet I struggle on trying to learn French.

Lucky you. Here it's 18-20 yo girls and they are sullen, stinkeye giving lazy bitches.

Your discount is reduced pricing on the items you buy. Assuming competition with other stores.

stores near me all hire highschool cuties :)

Attached: 1486087312808.jpg (480x893, 181K)

It would be leveraged into the overall selling price of all of their products, and a corporate entity is unlikely to really discount anything unless it would increase the demand for it

Because I remember all stupid lingo. Lorry is pretty bad too.

>paying for the research, development, manufacture, and purchase of computer checkout terminals doesn't cost money
Jow Forums is full of literal retards

You get a discount by ringing up the expensive produce as cheap produce

Attached: 1424689001260.png (501x585, 143K)

Why don't they hire normal chicks then. In The Netherlands you get the hottest teenage babes.

Attached: 1544275243518.jpg (960x720, 141K)

You do get a discount, not dealing with a retard.

>self checkout
>use ebt w/out the shame

Attached: trumpjew main.jpg (568x595, 68K)

You don't get a discount.. just fecal matter on your hands from the screen.

Ive been getting the five finger discount for years. Easy 10%-50% discount everytime I use those machines, depending how ballsy and ideal my items are.

Americans are legit a lot more friendly than brits. They just seem happier...even poor people.

She needs to work on her duck face... it'll come with practice.

Depends where you go. Better the more traditional and rural a place is, no matter the country

PLEASE PUT THE ITEM IN THE BAG
PLEASE REMOVE THE ITEM FROM THE BAG
PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE
this shit is not faster unless the juden store eliminated all but one actual cashier
anyway these machines are super easy to steal from

This. Literally no reason to not just put an item or three straight through to your bag without scanning it.

I think user is just trying to point out that a burger, fries and drink from some mid tier fast food place should not cost 10-14 bucks.

>Canadian can't even figure out a simple machine
You suffering from maple syrup poisoning or something?

Attached: Canada.webm (640x360, 2.35M)

>get organic bananas
>key in code for normal bananas
am I going to jail?

Attached: 1228491288.jpg (470x595, 44K)

lmao i put like apples or potatoes for whatever im buying

No,that would be like asking for a discount for a product if a company buys a new machine that let them be more efficient,in any case,the market will make sure that you get a better price for the products you are buying since supermarkets dont have to pay wages to cashiers anymore.

>A supermarket starts using self checkout machines
>Another supermarket does the same
>The first one lowers his prices and takes the second supermarket bussiness.

Also people that say that all supermarkets will just agree on not lowering prices dont understand economics.

..except almost all checkouts have scales to prevent that exact thing.

Biggest money makers are produce and bulk foods because they have manual entry

Coupon niggers that buy two or four carts full of shit that will most likely not even use don't use them so that's a plus. On the con side I don't get to see the cute cashier girls.

>The plates on the bottom next to the machines
It's called a scale, idiot.

I was in Croatia and got served by cashier with MEGAMILKERS holy shit

I don’t use them because I want people to have jobs. I will wait in a stupid line to check out with the 80 year old who moves as slow as a sloth because I feel like I am helping out my fellow man. They would have to offer 8% discount or more to me to get me to consider it. I have a large family and I buy a lot every trip I make. But Costco doesn’t even have this problem and it is where I do a lot of my shopping. Amazon is where I do my odds and ends. And Walmart sometimes for odds and ends and my local grocer for the quick small trips that I have to do in between Costco trips.