>I’m a Developer. I Won’t Teach My Kids to Code, and Neither Should You

Are there a lot of merchants in the coding industry?
>pic related

Attached: snip_20181208213239.png (1009x672, 582K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/human-interest/2018/12/against-teaching-kids-to-code-creativity-problem-solving.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

slate.com/human-interest/2018/12/against-teaching-kids-to-code-creativity-problem-solving.html

Link article fag. Also, the tech industry is overbloated with comp sci majors right now, so go for some other kind of engineering, like mechanical, or petroleum.

>overbloated
To put it mildly.

If you're in STEM, you need to learn to code. That's the bottom line. The days of dedicated programmers are over.

>need to learn lua
this shits annoying honestly

Attached: 1504821964271.png (609x714, 99K)

>fuck off we're full
translated that hebrew for you

that's what sucks about coding. Incredibly fun and creative opportunities, but the industry is jewed and cucked hard by corporate PC big city culture. Doing it as a career is a constant balancing of burnout.

Attached: 1541463096278.png (633x772, 17K)

>the industry is jewed and cucked hard by corporate PC big city culture
I think that's going to collapse at some point under the weight of diversity hires and bloated hr departments.
They'll be taken out by smaller more agile companies, once the balance shifts and it becomes viable for the good employees to leave those big companies.

Incredibly fun to stare at your computer 12 hours a day and then go home and waste more time staring at letters on a screen

Lmao and they think they have a good life

The most domesticated humans

That's how you keep the wages high

Fags that want others to join them in programming and coding are fucking stupid

t. AI botnet

I did comp sci major but always focused on hacking and got my self a sweet job with a fortune 100 company doing cyber security.
Get gud at networking and asm and touch up your bof skills on HTB and you'll be gold

Fuck this makes me want to kms as a final year comp sci major. Fuck my student loans might just live innawoods and become a fabricator.

It's creative problem solving, how many jobs are like that?

>tfw I wanted to be in mechanical but my uni had a general 1st year and they dumped me into Computer eng
How do I salvage this once I graduate next year, anons?

Attached: EngPhys-Robot-Competition_ChrisBorchert_02_300_cmy_14w.jpg (444x426, 37K)

Have fun "problem solving" shitty useless programs for the kikeconomy

I agree that programming can be meaningful, but only if you're working on your own projects. Otherwise it's gay as fuck.

they have destroyed the career prospects of the field entirely, it used to be as you got older you moved into senior positions that required less grinding and caused less burnout, but now since it is mandated that the sector be diverse all of those senior and management and planning jobs are filled with women and minorities that never learned to code. So there is nowhere to go, code 8 hours a day until you retire or start your own business. Also you have to deal with the fact that none of your superiors understand what it is you do and because of that they will always treat with suspicion and squeeze all your estimates like you are a car mechanic that tells them they need to keep their car for a week to change the blinker fluid.

t. never sold a product

Falling for the CS jew now gets you nowhere, but if the kid isn't stupid he could code small games in Python and shiet.

my dad tried as hard as he could to get my brother and I to code, he has been doing it for 30+ years at this point. Unfortunately coding industry isn't the wild west it was when he started learning fucking COBOL

This guy's knows what's up. I'd remove the word agile though. Agile is just big corporate saying please burnout and do a shit job for quick bucks please.

I think this still exists, but finding a good company is really rolling a dice since interview processes in the industry are complete shit copy pastes of what the jews at google and facebook set as the standard.

>tfw mouse has RGB lights but mechanical keyboard doesn't
I'm not gonna make it as a coder, am I?

How many pairs of programming socks do you own? What's your monthly loot crate budget?

Well fuck, then what else is a good field?

It seems like theres fucking NOTHING else

trades? ok good, but its genuine hard work most of the time

psychology? lol

engineering? cucked

math? who cares

medicine? lmao enjoy graduating at 33 also extremely hard

business? "didnt know what else to take"

It seems to Jow Forums that there is no good job out there at all.

killing darkies for money?
sure there's not many openings at the moment, but it seems like there'll be a surge in growth over the next 5-10 years

aim for what you can get in a good location. a shitty job is much more tolerable if you don't have to live/commute in a major city.

Proof?

I mean I believe you, but still who knows

the trades fucking suck if you have a brain. It will rot you to the fucking core and drain your body of its vitality. Genuinely, do NOT dig ditches for character building, it is a scam and you will get fucked and waste your life in a dead end job, just like everybody else.
"oh but it's honest work!"
trust me, the amount of roasties that come up and thank you for mulching the parking lot does not make up for the stress of having to work with niggers and degenerate rednecks, and that's coming from somebody that normies actually like. I can't imagine the time you spergs would have out there mowing and blowing. Fuck.

I really really really wish I had done a trade instead of the CS jew. It's cool to do those little bits of procedural programming to solve some little problems like a sudoko game. But making x amount of widgets a day for your Shekleburg boss while your fellow co-workers eventually cut off their own penis due to loneliness and stress in the industry is pretty gay.

Attached: nzpepe.jpg (669x376, 26K)

Building looks comfy as fuck. Using drop saws and nail guns like a red-blooded American man sounds pretty good.

I don't think it's possible to work a 9-5 anymore and make good money. No one I know who is well off works less than 10 hours a day.

Any job that uses a shovel is not a trade.

Hospo? There's always hospo.

The worst part are the coworkers. I worked in construction for a bit during uni, you better like sportsball and other low brow '''''culture''''' to fit in. I thought it would be interesting to talk about concrete pouring with people who've been doing that for 20 years but they're all brain dead boomers without professional pride and don't give a shit.

t. civil engineer

Attached: file.png (640x427, 659K)

I'm not a coder but I'm moderately interested in development of the industry and from what I have gathered, they make it out there better than it actually is. It's not demanding physically work and you can make at least above minimum wage in the beginning, but let alone the fact that there are so much more people trying to code than there are actually available positions. And I don't know what are all these people coding all day long because how many online products are there, I use judentube, judechan and xv I mean google dot com.

nigga thats even worse

most cs majors are fucking retarded millennials who are literally sub 80 IQ but want $200k. then you've got hordes of pajeets who will program half as good (and russians twice as good) for a quarter of the price. just a clusterfuck all around

coding/developing is probably the best profession for Jow Forums spergs

Coding requires:
- moderate-high level of intelligence
- creativity
- high toleration for details

Jow Forums spergs generally have these traits that MOST people don't possess while having the least disadvantages besides boredom (even then, most soft devs are generally pretty happy with their careers)

Nobody needs to be taught to code. It's something you seek out.

It's like the forcing women to be coders is like asking Chads to be housewives. It's not in their DNA.

Attached: usvsthem.jpg (1604x912, 397K)

is that why they teach landscaping at trade schools? Or is it a career? Are you trying to make your pointless dead-end trade seem better than another pointless dead-end trade? I find you tedious.

good luck finding a crew that isn't addicted to coke with suspended licences and records of sexual assault

in new zealand our tradies are held in higher regard and are socially of an equal strata as office workers.