No such thing as a wrong answer

Do you think this is the way kids should be taught?

Attached: common core.jpg (600x600, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Coleman_(education)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nope.
'tis confusion.

tfw Next generation of american engineers cant make buildings that dont fall down kek

god have these faggots never heard of the order of opperations

(((common core)))

These kids are going to get destroyed when they enter the competitive workforce...

... I know this because I'm going to destroy them.

>order of operations
nope.
they play fortnite, not hearthstone.

ok so how did they fucking solve it otherwise?

((They)) are always devising new ways to get more shekels

We are so obviously being socially engineered at this point only outcasts from society are able to see it.

Wrong, the next generation of American engineers won't be able to make effective weapon systems.

Which is why Israel/Mossad is attacking America's math/science/STEM fields.

pemdas = 1
straight forward = 16

>next generation of American engineers won't be able to make effective weapon systems
not needed.
we already have neutron bombs.

The correct way is

(2*2) = (4)
5(4) = 20
20/20 = 1

wait are you serious is it really?

>20/5(2*2)
>4(4)
>16

are you serious fuck bush 2 bush 1 was /ourguy/ tho F

It's only 16, never 1.

I’m really confused. How the fuck can this new wrong way coexist with the original order of operations correct way?

Nigha by the time they join the workforce you will be trying to compete with bladerunner style androids.

Oh I know it was just confusing for a sec to even see what they were doing its literally hodge podge

>mutted & defenseless
(((excellent)))

Attached: claws.png (215x215, 9K)

it doesn't, but unless you have a generation of "phasing out" you can't just switch.

yeah, but your cybersecurity is literally shit.

George Orwell must be happy. They're literally fucking with math.

They did it left to right, 20/4 is 4, then 2x2 in the parenthesis is 4, giving them 4x4 for 16. They disregarded PEMDAS.

Who said I wouldn't augment the shit out of myself willingly?

Yup. Is the black pill the real and only red pill?

A kid that isn't retarded will figure out what the right way is by the time they are in college.

What is sad is how schools have become glorified daycare centers. Regulations and standards prevent many intelligent/gifted kids from realizing their talents until long after they have left school. Useless administrators everywhere. How many high school graduates of the last decade would say the last two years of K-12 were utterly meaningless? Probably most of them!

irrelevant.
our bombs are on analog circuitry.

* 20/5

Research David Coleman, he was a chief architect in the implementation of standardized testing, the SAT/ACT, and is currently head of AP last I checked. He and his skeleton crew running the previous orgs/businesses he was apart of caused this shit.

>god have these faggots never heard of the order of opperations
That's 1 standard, why is one standard better than another standard? It's best that people being taught know that there's multiple standards and what the difference between them is and why to use one rather than another, that you need to remain consistent, etc.

Good point. Enjoy being operated via joystick by shlomo goldberg. Imma be inna woods.

It regards the order in which it's done. Back when I was in school, we always did the things in brackets first, so:

> 20/5(2*2)
> 20/5(4)
> 20/20
> 1

What's the "Common Core" way supposed to be? And why is it taught?

theres 10,000x more computting power on your smart phone then was on the moon lander. with AI and omputer software there is simply no need for the super rich to keep anymore people around then is needed to be slave laborers. the third worlders will be brought into the west where they can be fed fast food and soda untill they to stop reproducing.

>why is one standard better than another standard?
see, that's the thing about "standards", there's only one.

Left to right.

Pemdas is for reference only. If you depend on pemdas in your code instead of parenthesization you are pajeet tier or autist faggot.

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME
MULTIPLICATION ISN'T NECESSARILY BEFORE DIVISION. THEY'RE TOGETHER. SAME WITH ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION

PMDAS dummy. Parens first then multiply then divide.

The factor outside the parenthesis doesn't get priority. I.E:
20/5(2*2)=16
20/(5(2*2))=1

>pemdas in your code instead of parenthesization
the 'p' is parentheses.

retarded teacher and post, it is ambiguous in this image whether or not (2x2) is within or outside the denominator. If it is in the denominator then it would be 1 according to pemdas. if 92x20 is outside the denominator being multiplied, then by pedmas it would be 16.

Attached: 1502483484142.png (858x725, 361K)

>Let's teach a standard
>Whose only virtue is that it's easier to use
>And can be used by those whose careers will never involve it

If you think the answer should be solved to equal one you are retarded. You read left to right and divide first then multiply. Why the fuck would you go backwards?

No.
Neither answer is correct because whomever wrote the original question was a mathematically-illiterate fuckhead that can't be more specific with the question.

>our bombs are on analog circuitry.

And your politics?

>order of operations
The retarded thing is that professional mathematicians/engineers don't write stupid equations like that without explaining the order of operations explicitly. They would frame either in terms of multiplication, or they'd add parentheses.

The whole idea of "symbols can mean anything you want!" taking priority over "communicate the structure in your head concisely and unambiguously" is half of what's wrong with primary and secondary education.

I'm fucking bummed my kids will have to do this common core shit when they start school in a few years.

Yeah i'm looking at it like this

---------
5(2*2)

>You read left to right and divide first then multiply
incorrect!

I asked my zoomer-alpha brother if he saw anything wrong with OP's pic. His answer, "the room's messy, right?"

He's pretty dumb.

politics is always irrelevant to war.

Attached: hgw111avd -- 1243 -- tjl111cdi'.jpg (1267x1980, 408K)

>a fucking forward-slash
AM I DIVIDING? IS THAT A FRACTION? I DON'T FUCKING KNOW AND APPARANTLY SHE DOESN'T EITHER.
FUCK

Heres a secret poltards. The whole common core premise is to separate children from their parents and get them relying on the government. This "math", that children are graded on, and parents cant understand, creates the buffer between young and old that makes them have to grow withing the governmental system because their parents are wrong. daddy/mommy = gov.

The equation is intentionally misleading and the mistake lies with the person who wrote it. It should be written on two lebels to remove the ambiguity. So it either be comes
---------
5(2x2)
Which is equal to 1. Or it becomes

20 (2x2)
-----

Which is equal to 16.

Honest question, do Americans really believe that they're as smart as Europeans?

Wait until your entire congress is filled with cortez-like spics and trans sheboons that will shill for ban on nuclear weapons. Guess which countries will not ban their nuclear weapons
>Is_ael
>Ch_na

Yes. Make order of operations clear with parens. Don't count on someone untangling a long operation by pemdas. Dangerous bugs await. Unless it is obvious use parens.

>hat's 1 standard, why is one standard better than another standard? It's best that people being taught know that there's multiple standards
WRONG
WRONG
WRONG
Maths MUST be consistent & unified.
Otherwise you hand your plans to some other cunt, who interprets them differently, and fucks everything up.

It's not a question of being smart. It's a question of living in a laboratory run by jews

>he thinks that's possible in two presidential terms from now

they used parentheses.

exactly, check my previous reply.

that depends on whether or not your politicians refuse to declare war on your enemies, and instead gives them all of your military secrets and money.

Chain of command doesn't stop within the military, it goes all the way to congress.

>FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME
>MULTIPLICATION ISN'T NECESSARILY BEFORE DIVISION. THEY'RE TOGETHER. SAME WITH ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION

based spaniard knows what's up

Common core is general maths for kids who know that letters go left to right and that fingers can be used for counting.

>Chain of command
irrelevant.
you will see why when the next war starts.

The issue isn't people doing multiplication before division. It's the number that directly precedes the parenthesis. It's got a name though I can't remember it (something like preference or whatnot). Since it is ATTACHED to the parenthesis, it's often given priority. So 5(2*2) would be completed first. This is compounded by the urge to treat the 20 as the numerator, and 5(2*2) as the entire denominator.

>equally correct
Not really. The problem is written in a form that no one will EVER encounter, unless with the explicit motive of writing a confusing problem.

Teacher admits he helped write Common Core to end white privilege
youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724

David Coleman (education)

David Coleman (born 1969) is the ninth president of the College Board, a not-for-profit organization that is best known for designing the SAT exam and the Advanced Placement (AP) test.[1] He is frequently described in the media as "the architect" of the Common Core State Standards Initiative.

Coleman was born in Manhattan to a Jewish family.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Coleman_(education)

>order of operations explicitly
this, you have to be unambiguous and you have to have enough understanding in your brain to be able to write them clearly
but the answer should still be one, retardation should not take precedence over fucking leibnitz who designed the good way to express fucking math

the picture doesn't make clear which one it is.

Attached: common core vs old way.png (455x458, 7K)

This.

lol its 16 u tards

i dont understand how is that 16

PEMDAS

Daily reminder OPs pic is a photoshop also division comes before multiplication

dont worry, it's always been 16

shes showing you can say its 4 with 2*2 whats 16? no wonder burger education is shit

>pemdas

In Papa Trudeau's diverse utopia we learned bedmas, brackets exponents division multiply add subtract. Generally divide/multiply you just do at the same time left to right. The two versions of this is probably why there's so much confusion. Holy fuck I hate the education system.

Attached: angryskinnyboy.png (699x849, 1M)

The fuck happened to BIMDAS?
What the fuck is a common core?
Is that why everyone is fucking gay now?
If the answer was one twenty years ago the answer will always be one you stupid fucking homos.

i was talking to a normie coworker while wage slaving about the importance of freedom of speech and how hate speech laws can be interpreted and applied however the state wants them to be. her eyes turned completely empty staring at me for a couple of seconds before saying "ya well if that means nazis and isis cant get their word out on the internet then thats good enough for me and its never going to impact me anyway so"

16 acording to my scientific calculator

Kek, murricah and shiturope are destroing themselfs. At least there is chinklands, where math is must know.

That's wrong

PEMDAS

20/5(2*2)
20/5(4)
4*4

In this example, the "common core" way is correct and the "old" way is incorrect.

Havent into maths in awhile.

Funny because my first answer was 16 then I recalled BEDMAS (canadian version of pedmas) and locked in 1. now suck my mother fucking dick

Attached: 1417559822250.jpg (1024x683, 179K)

>explaining logos to normies

See

this is exactly the reason why dialectics hasnt been cast aside as a complete and utter shit ideology for life
this is marxism taught at a fundamental level

No because I'm not a gay. The answer is clearly 1. I fucking suck at math, but I want future generations that are good at math to further my life in meaningful ways. Imagine when these kids graduate and are trying to program and say "Yeah 1 or 16 is good!" That won't further my life, that will fuck up my life.

Couldn't even take the time to adjust the damn projector. Didn't even try.

that's what it says
I invite them to saponify shampoo by feeling and wash their fucking ass and cunt with the end product
>precision and clarity are huwhite cis male concepts and should be abolished
who are you to tell that equation if it's a multiplier or divisor? maybe it's it's decision to be ambiguous
decolonize math! lacanian and derridian analysis with deconstruction should be applied to STEM, what really is velocity transfer or a steady flow? is a heat coefficient really that consistent?

PEDMAS also operates with a left-to-right precedence, so it becomes
>20/5(2*2)
>20/5(4)
>20/5*4
>4*4
>16

>its never going to impact me anyway so
its nordic mentality i saw vid guy going around in sweden interviewing people in cities and they all had that "if it doesnt touch me then its fine" mentality its cuck

Attached: OilyIdealGrouse-max-1mb.gif (240x157, 292K)

>1

Attached: ....jpg (750x724, 66K)

tell that to those in the Vietnam war

Attached: 1538949815844.jpg (900x900, 155K)

It's 16 dumbasses. It's very funny to see illiterate retards who cannot do basic math rant on how children are being indorictrinated into doing math wrong. Lel

>commie math

Fake pic