US unprepared for 'catastrophic' power outage

One branch on the wrong power line and it's OVER...
Why does America have such crumbling infrastructure?

utilitydive.com/news/us-unprepared-for-catastrophic-power-outage-presidential-advisory-report/544028/

Attached: US.jpg (753x478, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U8HKgoV5dAQ
spectrum.ieee.org/energywise/energy/the-smarter-grid/attack-on-nine-substations-could-take-down-us-grid
theverge.com/2014/3/14/5509388/small-attacks-on-nine-substations-could-cause-a-national-blackout
modernsurvivalblog.com/systemic-risk/9-electric-power-grid-substations-will-bring-it-all-down/
youtube.com/watch?v=fclA3k2iHQk
youtu.be/zNfJkMPTtWQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How would you survive 6 month minimum of no power, no water, no police or Government, and no grocery stores? Personally, I'd die.

>In "Surviving a Catastrophic Power Outage," the council examines the United States' ability to respond to and recover from an outage "of a magnitude beyond modern experience, exceeding prior events in severity, scale, duration, and consequence."

>NIAC's report uses the word "cascading" more than two dozen times, highlighting the potential for far-reaching impacts from such an event. And the findings do not inspire confidence.

>The report concludes that "existing national plans, response resources, and coordination strategies would be outmatched by a catastrophic power outage," adding, the "profound risk requires a new national focus."

I don't know!

Attached: AAAAAAAA.jpg (600x598, 25K)

>no power
My Solar Panels.
>no water
I have half a year of water stored, as well as, a clean river near by. I also have plenty of ways to purify contaminated water.
>no police or Government
Guns and ammunition.
>and no grocery stores
I have a years worth of food storage.

You guys need to learn to be prepared for this. The government literally warns you every year.

I have 6 ramen noodle cups, a dull knife from wal-mart, and non-white neighbors who will likely steal and eat my dog. don't think im gonna make it, bros.

Attached: feels bad.jpg (300x360, 14K)

>Why does America have such crumbling infrastructure?
Because a certain party decided we'd be better off spending money on subsidizing Shaniqua and her brood of future crime statistics.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who remembers the Metcalf attack.

I mean, it wouldn't be "catastrophic" if its something we could easily fix.

If you're seriously worried about such a scenario, cap yourself at 30 days of supplies and call it a day. If shit isn't unfucked after that time passes it's all ogre anyway.

80% of population will, the other 10% will kill each other

Stock up on MREs

Attached: steve mre.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

Nice shit now hand it over.

I will take that too.

Attached: sdwww.jpg (900x484, 60K)

Bump
Infrastructure is incredibly easy for anyone to take down, especially in the US. Wanna cause a next level chimpout? Take down LA's power.
(In Fortnite)

Niggers
Jis saying nigga Jis saying

The nigga had a .308 and was firing over 100 rounds at transformers. Suppressed and subsonic. No prints on any of the casings or the rifle.

Chimpout isn't the word. Give me two minutes.

because democrat pedophiles and the corrupt rinos who work with them are robbing us blind

What's LA riots times 1000? Because thats it.

Will that shut down my car? '91 Buick with no computer, no electronic ignition.

All you have to do is fire 2 rounds of .50BMG through the cooling core to kill a transformer.

There are nine substations all scattered through the USA's 37,000. If these nine were found and all hit, the USA could be without power for two years.

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-12-16 01-42-29.png (1366x768, 424K)

I wouldn't worry about it.

Attached: cao111doa -- 0436 -- npo111bmj'.jpg (900x789, 217K)

No developed country is at all.

I live in a small fishing community, 6 months would be ok, as long as no one got really sick or no long drives were needed. Anything past that would get very hairy.

Attached: 1542079608639.png (1787x921, 145K)

You're thinking of an EMP or solar flare, and your car will be fine but you may need to replace the solenoids or it won't start, you can always push start it though. New cars don't stand a chance

youtube.com/watch?v=U8HKgoV5dAQ

Until every housing unit has their own long term power generation, there will always be a certain degree of unpreparedness in modern society.

That’s actually quite fucked up.
Imagine the knee pads Trump would have to wear to get China to make 9 new ones quick

You can kill millions with a 2 year blackout. The private and government sector tech has EMP shielding while we have dick.

the republicans ?

thanks tom cruise

And you want to know something even worse? The plan to protect America? Deny the infrastructure is so bad. That is literally the procedure.
>Mr President, is it true we have the weakest power grid on Eart-
My fellow Americans, we have EMP shielding and lasers and cyborg guards protecting the grid, it's the strongest grid, other countries can't afford our type of security, etc. Because the truth is you can terrorize a city and kill hundreds in hospital ICUs and surgery wings. So now, Imagine a country. They will most likely do this for another 20 years until they can afford to shield the grid.

3 weeks no power in la would be a holocaust

If if somebody is really smart and uses a brass catcher, there won't be any cases recovered to try and get prints off of.

spectrum.ieee.org/energywise/energy/the-smarter-grid/attack-on-nine-substations-could-take-down-us-grid
theverge.com/2014/3/14/5509388/small-attacks-on-nine-substations-could-cause-a-national-blackout
modernsurvivalblog.com/systemic-risk/9-electric-power-grid-substations-will-bring-it-all-down/

It takes 3 people to take out one substation. 27 people in a small cultist mormon cell or something could work together via PGP communications and Whonix/Tails to coordinate joint attacks. No one would know and no one could stop it. High IQ INTP-Ts could fuck this place up.

He was in a three man group. The only reason the station didn't go down is because they refused to snipe the employees.

>hospitals don't have backup generators
ok brainlet

And this. Catch all the brass and they don't have shit. This time, just bring som broadband radio jammers close by and kill the workers so the substation fails.

But how long can they last, douchebag? I was in a Wal-Mart after a 8:30PM blackout and they had generators that kicked in late. All the mexicans stole for 10 minutes straight without cameras, alarms or light.

gosh dude you really researched this - I guess the FBI should research you now

And this was with cops in the store wearing Level IIIA ballistic vests by the way. Generators are not permanent not are they imminent.

My friend is a worker for the Silicon Valley station that served as an auxiliary source during the Metcalf attack

He said this shit (the grid) is verbatim "a cardboard town on a movie set surrounded by ravenous real estate agents"

If you live somewhere cold get a Mr Buddy. No power = no heat. You could get other types as well. I just like this cause of the 16oz cans of propane it uses can also work with a camp grill and torch in case of frozen water lines.
Butane stove tops are also nice as a can will last 3 hours and you can cook most things in under 30 mins. Boil water in far less. This allows for you to retain your food options. Also get 4x24 pack bottled water when on sale stack in a corner somewhere, cycle through it only at the end of 1 year.
Try not to stock food that requires Milk, Egg, Butter. Those will be first to run out and/or be limited for some time.

Attached: Mr buddy portable nut warmer.jpg (782x394, 50K)

Cityfags BTFO

i work in a job where I can verify this
i am going back to lurking
NFI

How come it hasn't happened yet if it's this easy though?

No one knows. All the Antifags and BLM and Nazis go around punching each other or killing each other while this country can be brought to its knees by just one small terror cell. If more groups knew how easy it was, people would do it.

Most attacks are false flags or operations that got fucked up so they claimed something else happened. US losing the grid would hurt the government more than the people as their control structure will completely collapse. No mass cameras, no mass radios, databases would be hell to try and bring up.
Then you have the trouble of heat. For example in Chicago when it gets above 90+ degrees people flood the streets at night and shootings all over. You add in no power in the summer that could be every city. Total loss of control.

So nothing would happen?

>no power
Meh, it just means that a lot of tasks become a shitload more laborious.
>no water
I live next to a fuckoff massive river, as do almost all people.
>no police or Government
Why not? Where did they go? People organise themselves into orderly societies automatically. It's how we live.
>and no grocery stores
This is the big one. I live in a city, so there will probably be a massive exodus and die-off in the city before things stabilise again, and I'd probably be part of that die-off.

Pic related.

Attached: 6590aba1510d45a2a4909196162bcd28ab5b203735c659bd2e1c8220bbdcacc2.png (1787x921, 97K)

>has infrastructure for own citizens
>does not have infrastructure for own citizens plus 15,000,000 illegal immigrants

Who could have foretold this?

Attached: D99F4956-6C26-4B72-8633-8BDE734EB80D.jpg (686x593, 114K)

No power also means no refridgeration, meaning food will spoil if people don't know how to preserve it, as well as medicines like insulin spoiling which is death to many who need it

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-16 Qmap.png (408x558, 29K)

That's why the best time to hit the grid is in the summer.

Well consider that gas stations use power to pump the fuel and process credit cards this may be an issue.
Then you also have waste and rainwater systems. These also are not all pure gravity fed and have powered systems in place. Things could get messy if rain gets involved.

Use the knife to kill the niggers

>Advisory report detailing the effects of a catastrophe
The state is getting ideas...

Brace yourselves, this is never good.

Attached: WTCcrying.jpg (400x255, 26K)

This sounds like a good job for the Chans. Literal kill off of spics and niggers on Fortnite

Not really though that certainly helped. The USA used cheap materials and now it's failing faster than it can be fixed and would cost so much to upgrade thatit would bankrupt the country.

That will never happen so it's irrelevant.

>No Power
Fixable. The proximity of supplies to build an intermediate source for even this municipality is fantastic, and infrastructure nearby is old enough that it would not be seriously affected by a solar flare or other significant EMP.
>No Water
Fixed by getting that power going, what little needs to be boiled before then is readily accessible.
>No police
This is an extremely pro-gun area. Police would also be present but would just be less efficient, not non-existent.
>No government
They rarely get involved regardless from day-to-day.
>No groceries
This one is concerning. However, this is an area with a lot of rail infrastructure, has maintenance yards, and could get trains up and running quickly even if they were significantly damaged with supplies already on-hand. Domestic trade and logistics would resume relatively quickly, and population density is not so great that the disruption would be utterly catastrophic.

Attached: Georgiaball.png (1000x1000, 86K)

>why is shit falling apart

Because we give billions to Africa and Israel

Our infrastructure is so fucked it only takes a few people destroying a few substations at the same time to cripple one of the three main power grids we have here.

We'll send you lend-lease food and fuel for generators (for double price, you have to repay it).

If you live somewhere cold and you dont have a woodstove then you're doing it wrong.

You can sleep on my air mattress. I have a town home with several neighbors that I go shooting with, lots of single, young adults and desperate divorces. My generator needs diesel and we need to filter water, though, so you'll have to go with us on periodic loot runs and be cannon fodder if necessary. And be prepared for sloppy seconds if rations get tight and we can't keep many thots around.

>How would you survive 6 month minimum of no power, no water, no police or Government, and no grocery stores? Personally, I'd die.
I live in a top-5 most densely populated places in the USA. My area is only about 69% white, although it is a very affluent city overall. I have about a week's worth of food, and although i have a pickup truck, I have no idea how I'd gas it up with no power.

My skillset is entirely based around technology and software engineering.

I figure that if I survived, it's only because a lot of my friends are cops/soldiers. If I couldn't find them during the initial blackout I'd have to find another group to latch onto, otherwise I definitely do not have the skillset to survive in the apocalypse.

Who else here /dead/ ?

Attached: tenor.png (640x604, 237K)

>msm fearmongering
>latest bullshit story
prepare your anus

Attached: bitethepillow.jpg (126x126, 5K)

Live in a city of 100k people with 1 tree in my yard. Pine at that. Wood stove might not be the best idea. I know how to make one through if needed.

Good luck hitting all nine.
Once a few critical subs were hit would have law enforcement called out to them.
Also almost no amount of money could stop an informed terrorist. You could place every substation and power plant inside a castle and still be vulnerable to attacks on transmission lines.

The lights will be on soon over at my house. As we solder together an inverter or whatever we need.

Attached: TransformingRectumFryer.png (676x324, 26K)

ayy fellow dixiebro, yeah you make a lot of good points but i live near farmland and am pretty friendly with the farmers in the region, myself and the locals would probably work for them, defending them from whatever may come in the early panic stage of the outage, in exchange for food. So at a bare minimum myself and immediate family could last a while until everything was back up and running.

Places like chicago and new york though.. i pity those poor yankee souls, i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Attached: georgia awoo.jpg (1024x570, 124K)

Use guns to steal shit. Duh.

I remember being without power for three weeks after Hurricane Wilma, most businesses since then are required by Florida law to have emergency power, diesel or gas generators for backup, been though many hurricanes where we lost power and water, society didn't collapse.

Ha Now you all know who's been keying up those radios with that christmas tree noise maker.

Attached: 1513826089814.png (896x415, 263K)

It is as easy as breathing oxygen. The easiest way to take out a substation? Go buy yourself a nice 50 cal rifle, which is legal in the U.S. and shoot all the massive target transformers from afar. The bullet will cause a short circuit inside the transformer, which will cause a fire that most fire departments are not equipped for. Using a broaband spark gap jammer on the nearest cell tower, jam all the cell comms and then take some to the substation to jam all radio comms between stations. It is better if you have 8 other friends to take out the other 8 substations all at the same time. Or if you go three man group, your 26 other friends with you + 2 and three each at the other eight stations. Sure, breakers and other switchgear was engineered and designed to prevent damage to these huge transformers, but they need to be adjusted for whatever load the transformers are taking. The load changes as more customers buy electrical power, and the engineers have a hell of a time keeping up. You may need to shoot these transformers a few times to ensure they are down for 18 months, but bullets are cheap.

The other way to take out a substation is to throw a wire in between the power lines. You can even go breaking bad, and you can tie a small 4awg wire to a mylar balloon, and let the balloon rise to the power line. You don't want to hold on to the wire on the balloon, but you want the wire to touch the ground when the balloon hits the line. This will cause a short from the line to ground. The 50 cal way is likely to be the safest for you, and the most ensuring way to take out a transformer, because even if the switchgear protects the transformer, the bullet damage from a few bullets will be difficult to fix. After all, there are miles of copper or aluminum wire wrapped around an iron core, and a break anywhere in the wire means the whole transformer needs to be re-wrapped, which is basically a rebuild. Also, the bullets should be angled so as to enter the transformer at 90 degrees to prevent deflection. If this happens, millions and I don't think you heard me so I'll say it again MILLIONS will die in the first year. Due to a full communications wipeout outside of the government sector and private sectors, people could actually take this as a Russian/Chinese/North Korean EMP attack and the chaos would kill millions more or actually cause WW3 it the terrorists had the most remote Russian affiliations. It would be the largest terrorist attack, 9 - 27 people would either get away with the largest crime in history or be put to death for high treason and then the nukes would fly. It's a false flag they want to see happen as well.

Screencap this.
- Q

>Breaking news: Americans "unprepared for being nuked" says department of defence
>"A shocking new development for you all tonight as the Pentagon has revealed that most Americans are unprepared for being shot in the head. We're working to bring you all the information as it comes in about just how to deal with having a bullet in your brain. How can we prepare ourselves for this eventuality?"

Attached: 1524280588054.png (1787x921, 143K)

user, most of the substations can not be physically guarded. Not enough money in America the Fed can create out of nothing to pay their lackeys to guard what, to them, is a lump of metal and wires.

More likely than not, martial law would be declared to stop futher hits and the national guard would deploy to the stations.

300 AAC Blackout subsonic with a good suppressor and a tight group could still own the iron core of transformers

You forgot the team of engineers you'd have to hire to tell you which stations to go to

Nobody actually knows which 9 stations are important you fucking idiot

Sector to Sector Interconnection Substations that connect one sector to another (ex. West Coast Grid to Texas Grid to Midwest Grid, Midwest Grid to FERC on the East Coast) They have a distinct look, are typically guarded after prior attacks and are on or near the borders of states.

>Hey kid

Attached: anon_just_like_you.png (658x507, 65K)

No. I love America.

youtube.com/watch?v=fclA3k2iHQk

Noah Arc

Attached: no-arcing.jpg (635x1058, 162K)

Feels good to live in the country.

youtu.be/zNfJkMPTtWQ

bump

food + water + heat (firewood, blankets, clothing) + guns/ammo, etc.

bump

just making sure, do you have a battery for your solar system? most people dont have a battery system in place.

Because most people aren't psychopaths. The vast majority of actual terror attacks are orchestrated by governments. Normal people aren't going to do hardm to other normal people, that doesn't make any sense. Normal people aren't even going to attack evil people because again they aren't psychopaths.

There have already been attacks using .50s.

I live in Texas and we have our own grid

Exactly this. Most of us have been preparing for years. I would suggest working at a grocery store. Most places let you keep anything that is out of date, plus it’s easy to loose a shipment of a truck. I have about 2yrs of backpacking meals, a few 110qt containers of beef jerky, a few more of beans and rice. And then another couple of kind bars and such. The money I saved not buying those went into guns, ammo, medical supplies, plate carriers, and water filters. Bring it on

No shit. I know must of you were not even born but 2003