CATHOLIC GENERAL - /CG/ - Gaudete Edition

CATHOLIC GENERAL - GAUDETE! Edition
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY AND HOLY DAYS.
i'm gonna post for every Antiphone a thread at 11-12 GTM if I'm not banned

THREAD THEME SONG youtube.com/watch?v=mCuHuIQRd3M

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and assist one another in living the virtuous life.

Here your daily readings
ewtn.com/daily-readings/

Today is the third day of Advent, Gaudete means rejoice, we should rejoice the coming of Christ, yeah the church is full of heretics, we should relax for this week and put our worries in our Lord, as he is still with the Church, challenging us with this situation, so we can become more Saint. Post your favorite advent songs and hymns.

We have a Group for Telegram, lets grow our faith together!.
> The phone number?
Yes, Nobody can see it anyway, still better than WhatsApp or Discord.
>Catholic Group
t.me/Catholic_Sword
>Christian Group (for all denominations and who are interested)
t.me/christian_8ch
>Main Channel
t.me/CorpusChristi
the rest of groups and channels. t.me/thecatholicgeneral

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!

>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Seek your closest Latin Mass!
latinmassdir.org/
>Documents of Vatican II
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/index.htm
>Laudate App and iPieta App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
ipieta.com/

>Collection of Posts
pastebin.com/w0tEeC80
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/VrB4FRdK
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/9SiuTJzj
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/G3xKa9kk
>Recommended Internet Media (Podcast, YouTube etc..)
pastebin.com/PvxcA4MB (Updated)
>Beauty of Creation and Virtue
pastebin.com/yFM4rTsc

Attached: tarjeta+navide%C3%B1a.jpg (1024x768, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUrfd51mns8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Ups8Jb96o
estudostomistas.org/do-papa-heretico-e-outros-opusculos/
youtu.be/BXMA4xOS5BY
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=kv3MRyKfEHA
afkimel.wordpress.com/2018/12/13/the-hell-of-the-fallen-condition-is-abolished-in-christ/
youtube.com/watch?v=0oDt8wWQsiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=KUrfd51mns8

/comfy/

Attached: FB_IMG_1544888162715.jpg (847x1000, 112K)

I'm Orthodox but I am very intrigued with the history of Spain lately. Have a painting user.

Attached: 1539407944782.jpg (2723x2000, 2.4M)

Love you Jesus

Attached: 1542501254283.gif (303x400, 94K)

Thanks, you know the history behind? The weak and almost destroyed Tercio found the image of the Virgin Mary in the mud and inspired they won the battle in the same day as the Immaculate Conception, that's why is our patron

I'm full Catholic for the simple reason I believe in the virgin Mary Mother of God, however I hate the Pope and his sick sinning pedo enabling guts so much.
What do ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedevacantism

Yes I looked into the story behind it awhile back :)
interesting

Attached: 1543600925977.jpg (700x560, 229K)

Pray and join some traditional movement, organise and keep evangelising between modernists and relaxed Catholics. Action my friend, start little by little

This is a time of challenge to the faithfull our fight and resistance of this heresy will be rewarded by God

Thank you, I hadn't heard of this before. This is the stance I'll take from now on.

Bump
youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Ups8Jb96o

Attached: saint nicholas.jpg (220x518, 27K)

Thanks, I appreciate it

Sedevaticanism have to contradict itself to be something

You have to reject that the Holy Spirit was in the election of John XXIII that's against the traditional dogma

So it's Scismatic

No wait

just read a bit of it. you sure this isn't heretical?

Can I not take the stance of seeing the current pedo enabler as corrupted by Satan?

It is heretical

What do we think of SSPX?

"The reasons I don't find them heretical:

They still abide by all the dogmatic beliefs of the Catholic Church

They still use a liturgy considered proper and valid for the celebrating of the Eucharist.

They still recognize that Rome, and the See of Peter as the rightful authority over all of Christianity

They have not taught, nor do they spread, anything about the Christian Faith that the Catholic Church herself has not taught or promulgated in the past.

I believe them to be schismatics because they:

Do ignore (and refute) the authority of the current successor of the See of Peter

They are disobedient to the successor of Peter

They have removed themselves from the communion with Rome."

Yeah as the infallibility is only extreme circumstances, the last time was in 1950

For the rest he is just a optional guide, we can clearly criticize him and not obey his errors

They have to made up their own theology to justify their position too so it's not so dogmatic traditional either

I kinda tolerate them because with a traditional Pope the mayority will come back to the Church

Fair enough

Dont you hate it when the priest throws up on your dick from his hangover they trying to suck the life essence out of you.

Am I allowed to work out on sunday?

I should elaborate because I don't want this to look like a "redpill me on X" shitpost.

I was talking to a friend about how I feel uhh, spiritually drained from not going to church but at the same time not wanting to go to church because my only options are going to a pr*t gold digging scheme or the catholic church, which is currently headed by the literal Antichrist.

So he told me to check out if my country had this Society of Saint Pius X thing. Apparently they're not sedevacantist but they reject the changes brought about by the Second Vatican Council. And lo and behold, there is a chapel like 20 minutes away from me. I'm going there today, I just wondered if anyone had anything to say about it.

For now the position of FSSPX for the Church is irregular, better if you can try to find other parish with Latin mass from FSSP or ICRSP, or other groups

Just Google it in Brazil there are a lot, you guys have a comfy trad core

>there is a chapel like 20 minutes away from me
You are lucky. The nearest latin mass for me is 60min away. I'm surrounded by pr*testant churches here in the north

I thought the point was for it to be irregular? Unless I don't understand what you mean by irregular, but anything that doesn't conform to whatever the fuck the current Catholic church is doing ought to be good, right?

I know, I was pleasantly surprised when I was it. It's a 20 minute walk, too, so I don't even have to take a bus

It is irregular because they have ties to sedevaticanists, they are too rebellious besides other stuff even tho they want to stay in the Church, borderline Scismatics so they are Okey but not recommend.

Not necessarily, the traditional groups I mentioned are fully accepted by the Church they don't conform at all with the state of the Church

Attached: comfycape.jpg (850x818, 127K)

/ourguys/
Go there and be happy.

This implies there hasn't been antipopes before, which is wrong.

I don't believe the canonization of the Popes post CVII are infallible. Prove me wrong.

Sedevecantisim is definitely heretical bro.
There have been bad popes before. Didn’t break the church.

Attached: FC8D7B8C-9F29-4D34-805D-F4094886AC6B.jpg (800x552, 170K)

haha you retards need to kiss nigger feet

nearest from me is in Graz 1:30 hour away by train. reeeeeeeeeeee

Yes

Tell me spain bro. in your mind what would the pope need to do in order to be classified as an antipope?

Damn, I always thought Austria was the beacon of traditionalism in Europe, with astoundingly beautiful Vienna, Weltz and the Habsburgs and shieet. Reality really destroys your dreams and pre-conceptions.
Not the Spainbro but I think an Antipope is an autoproclaimed Pope that is trying to depose the current Pope. I believe if the Pope proclaims (and insists on) something heretic he lose his position as a Pope, but we will need another Pope to anathemize him.

Even if there are anti-popes the Holy Spirit is still present

You guys act like God left its own Church

The authorities will decide that eventually I have faith in my Church

We are in the same page of supporting the doctrine against heresy, don't act like one

The problem is that the pope cant proclaim something heretical, its impossible.

No Sedevancatist says that god has left the church, that defeats the point of sedevancatism which is to proclaim a new valid pope.

I believe he can, yes. In fact, there's a book I'm trying to buy of a Catholic professor here in Brazil called "Do Papa Herético". I'm going to read it to understand this subject better tho
estudostomistas.org/do-papa-heretico-e-outros-opusculos/

That is schismatic. A pope cant be heretic and to proclaim he can anathemises you from the church. This is the problem with v2 traditionalists.

>"Of the Heretic Pope and other tracts" (Editions Santo Tomás, 2017, 408 pp.). Meeting of Logic, Grammar, Arts, Metaphysics and Sacred Theology booklets. The booklet that gives the title to the book, the largest, answers three questions: if the Church can be left without her visible head, the pope; if a pope may incur a deviation from the faith; in case of deviation from the faith, the jurisdiction is automatically lost. The answer to the first is no; the second is yes, but only under certain conditions; to the third, no, it does not automatically lose its jurisdiction, although it maintains it in a precarious way. This theme has been debated in the Church since the Council of Trent and opposed, on the one hand, for example, Cardinal Caetano and Saint Afonso Maria de Liguori and, on the other, Cardinal San Bellarmino and Francisco Suárez.
Google translate.

It implies that, it implies that by some reason in the council to choose John XXIII the Holy Spirit wasn't present, and since then it hasn't done anything.

In every vision about the future degeneration of the Church nobody said you should left it

As it was said, when they were in the middle of a storm on a boat, Jesus called cowards their apostles because they wake up him because they were afraid.

The challenge to accept the Church is more hard than ever and God will bless the efforts, going out of the church is coward and the presence of the sin of pride.

about to head to my fssp parish to worship meu Deus. NO is for gays and heretics

Attached: benedict.jpg (1600x1019, 117K)

God bless you, anons! Gaudete, be happy, for Christ is near!

Attached: sacred_heart.jpg (736x499, 64K)

Bump this.

Hello there

Attached: 1507083226124.jpg (2200x1040, 533K)

bump
Going to Latin Mass this morning.

Comfy

catholics aren't Christian

Mary was not a virgin forever.

Of course she was virgin when she gave birth to Jesus, but the Bible clearly says that she and Joseph slept with eachother after. Why do Catholics teach against such clear teaching?

Matthew 1:25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.
>knew her not till
>firstborn

Now a verse catholics bring up is "2 Samuel 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death." and say if Mattew is saying he would have slept with her because it says "till" rhen that would mean Mical had a child after she died. But it says "day of her death" not just "her death". She could have had a child then died later that day. Also it probably means she didn't have any children since it doesn't say "until" and most versions say the same thing or say she never had any children.

Attached: C2446C19-0952-491E-AB7F-1A678FAE07C1.gif (500x500, 220K)

You do not need to be baptized to be saved. There's only 3 verses I've seen people use to try to say you need to be baptized, I'll debunk all three.

Mark 16:15
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
This verse does not say what happens to a person that belivees and is not baptized, only someone that believes and is baptized and someone that does not believe. Let's say Person A believes and is baptized, Person B believes and is not baptized, and Person C does not believe. According to this verse A goes to Heaven and C goes to Hell, but says nothing about B. According to John 3:36 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." Person A and B go to Heaven and C goes to Hell.

John 3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
They will say being "born of water" is being baptized. No, being born of water is being physically born, and they will usually leave out verse 6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." which Jesus compares being born of water with being born of the flesh, and being born of the spirit with being born of the spirit.

1 Peter 3:21
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
They will take the part where it says "baptism doth also now save us" and say that proves it, but no, it's "The like figure" that saves us, not baptism. And the like figure is the death, burial, and ressurection of Christ. Colossians 2:12 12 "Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."

Attached: B6C46F10-8ED7-48E5-A9D5-07FF20187048.jpg (640x410, 50K)

1 Timothy 3
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
>must be the husband of one wife, having children
Catholics and Orthodox teach the exact opposite.

Attached: 9D0F4154-F6DF-44DB-9CAD-6F669D4709DD.jpg (770x834, 50K)

Verses proving salvation to anyone that believes and not of works.
youtu.be/BXMA4xOS5BY

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
9:2
12:37
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:48-50
8:12
18:10-14/42
19:42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
3:19
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-28/30
4:2-14/16/24
5:1/15-18
6:14/23
8:31-33
9:30-33
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17/21
3:14-15
15:1-2

Attached: 913DB044-9F40-4949-96E2-6737D7B3F337.jpg (254x489, 43K)

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
1:10
2:12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

1 Peter
1:3-5/8-9
2:6-7
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:11
3:5
21:7

Attached: 0F0693D5-8884-4869-B98B-602B0A0809EB.jpg (1024x864, 137K)

comfy pic, we need to start burning heretics again.

>Jesus
>long hair
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

Attached: E5BD68FA-23E6-435D-90C0-342DB60964A8.jpg (2028x1719, 248K)

>which Jesus compares being born of water with being born of the flesh
>implying
Documentary: Protestantism's Big Justification Lie
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8

Would it be possible for a based Pope to excommunicate globalists to pressure them to not destroy their own nations?

Attached: 1544008137064.jpg (932x1280, 146K)

Yeah even by Vatican 2 standards

What happens if a person gets excommunicated? Does it prevent the country from having legitimate weddings and baptisms?

How non Christians could have made the Bible that you only declare authority

The one you use was compiled by the Catholic church, approved by the Pope

Yeah, the early Church believed and accepted that Mary was Virgin, they were more close to Christ in time but you rather interpret loosely the text that was made by non Christians by your own judgement

It's no longer required to obey the exomunicated ruler basically, promoting active rebellion.

Baptism and weeding are still legitimate doesn't matter what the ruler says

Same as all the "divorced" Catholic are still married in the eyes of God and the Church.

So what would happen if Macron or Merkel were excommunicated? I know Merkel is not Catholic but she rules a country with a very large Catholic population

Well, I believe in medieval times if a rightful King were excommunicated he would lose his status and other monarchs or nobles could try to bring him down.
Now in secular times it doesn't matter.

The way I understand it is basically today excommunication would amount to basically "bros don't follow this guy he's a heretic ok"

So not many people would really care

would be nice. But jupiter received an honorary title from the holy see

Yes. King John of Nottingham was excommunicated by the Pope and a priest told me this meant that no one could get married anymore. So they wanted to replace him and invited the King of France and offered him the throne of England

In short, if Macron gets himself publicy excommunicated (because I think he already is, he just wasn't declared), the French would probably cheer for him because you know... muh Churchz medievalz n opressive n shieet.
Merkel isn't part of the Catholic Church therefore she can't be excommunicated, just as Queen Elizabeth II can't be excommunicated as well.

My favorite Jesus quote
34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37He that loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38And he that takes not his cross, and follows after me, is not worthy of me.

39He that finds his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it.

For any faithful Catholic it would make duty to Rebel and protest

Yes, and the Churhc would forbid wars between Christian brothers, and one of the exceptions was when one of the Kings or Nobles were excommunicated.

The current Church believes in the perpetual virginity of the Holy Mother

Attached: IYOK.png (1715x907, 1.94M)

Yeah as it has done always, since the beginning of the Church

I just wish that a Pope could excommunicate all """"Catholic"""" Representatives and Senators in the US Congress like Nancy Pelosi for their support of abortion and gay marriage.
This would help to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Yeah, they have done it for less historically

youtube.com/watch?v=kv3MRyKfEHA

Good idea. But what would you do if Pope Francis excommunicated Bolsonaro because he thinks he's a fascist or whatever. Actually, interestingly, the Catholic Church has never condemned fascism, or monarchy, or any system that allows the church to prevail and grow. The Catholic Church has absolutely condemned Communism as evil though, so Communist Catholic larpers can get the fuck out

Attached: 1539896376762.jpg (720x960, 152K)

Monarchism not only isn't condemned but many great theologians and Doctors of the Church like Thomas Aquinas actually defends it as the best form of government.
In case of Bolsonaro, he's already excommunicated, for he is married but cohabites with other woman besides his wife.
But the other option were Haddad, he's an Orthodox in favour of abortion, so here we are.
I would still support Bolsonaro over him.

Third wife?

One of the administrators in their group is a Jordan B Peterson Catholic. As in he only believes in Jesus because he thinks it can serve the purpose of securing the existence of his people. He'd believe in the Holocaust if he was Jewish, for instance.

Attached: E3B6D610-4DC7-4F7C-B8F7-580ABF841FB9.jpg (364x1024, 55K)

Yes.

Nobody affirmed that, we are against racism specially in the Jow Forums way.

You are just butthurt because we didn't buy your illogical position trying to make look like logical and then you choose to attack and block us.

You are the one here larping as Catholic while behaving like a leftist

afkimel.wordpress.com/2018/12/13/the-hell-of-the-fallen-condition-is-abolished-in-christ/

BEGOME

Learn the history of the Bible, it was made by request of the Pope

Ew

Help me guys. After a short break i've once again started watching porn. Post me some bible verses to help me fight with my addiction

Jesus wept.

He couldn't answer the simple question then resorted to relativism and so did you. I'm not going to stay in a group where the admin threatens to kick me everytime he doesn't like what I say. But I guess since you believe it's okay to believe that myths are true you can just conjure up the mythical reality where you are always right.

We answered but you ignored it
I didn't threatened you in any case because the issue wasn't even a doctrinal o theological discussion, I just said that you should tone down because it wasn't an issue in the first place

Instead you rather lying about the intentions of the people and spreading them everywhere like heee

Attached: 1466516048789.jpg (417x500, 30K)

The answers were evasive. I asked yes or no questions and instead he wanted to flex his Carl Jung knowledge.
>inb4 the world isn't only yes or no questions
But my questions were yes or no. I wasn't giving him an English prompt about myths.
Also "the world isn't yes or no questions" is an appeal to relativism.
Even if he's not formally trained in logic, evading the question is an indication that he's uncomfortable with his answer.
He also said the Holocaust myths are wrong because they make Europeans feel bad but Spanish myths are fine because they make Spanish feel good. That's another indication that he only believes in Jesus in so far as they make whatever group he belongs to feel good.

But I guess I'm just butthurt.

youtube.com/watch?v=0oDt8wWQsiA

Attached: 14763278134987327.jpg (1200x2180, 1.77M)

the hottest girls are those who move themselves as snakes and literally grind their vagina to get your juices out of your body
they shake and move like possessed, and this is hot as fuck, the crazier the hotter it is
it's the nature of sex and earthly pleasures, realize what they are

the serpent dude