Are you afraid of math?

>I’m bad at math because I’m afraid of it
>Math anxiety is a disease

npr.org/2018/12/16/676188220/how-to-make-sure-your-math-anxiety-doesn-t-make-your-kids-hate-math

Attached: 98C396C5-6DC2-4CFE-8D90-A01B81FA0898.jpg (700x524, 167K)

Study the greek alphabet. It is necessary to memorize the letters so you can talk about the advanced formulas. Things like rocket science become easy when you study them thoroughly. If the real problem with math is that you dread studying, you should leverage your minority status to get a government job.

>is bad at something
>has trouble getting better at it
>gives up
>is traumatized from then on out
bahahahahaha

wow you are completely fucking braindead
Refrain from talking about things you have literally zero knowledge of in the future. You might be able to hide your disability a little better that way.

>You scared?
Nigga it's numbers, letters and various other symbols.
Just keep at it until you get it, that's all there is to it.

You are fucking retarded. Explain to me boundary layers and Navier Stokes with greek letters. Explain orbital mechanics to me with greek letters.

It is true that you need greek letters for Aerospace Engineering; however, saying it’s all you need to make it easier is like saying, “I have feet. Feet make it easier to win the gold medal in the 100m dash!”

t. Aerospace Engineer

Honestly more people would be better at Math if they didnt have to deal with niggers shaming them for liking it.

>Boundary layers
>Navier strokes
>Orbital mechanics
Get your degree first before you say anything faggot. I bet you haven't even done fuel tank, rover, spacecraft and satellite design.
t. Mechanical Engineer

Attached: 1544712090055.jpg (255x205, 11K)

Just recognize the patterns nigga like how hard can it be haha

As if the greek schoolchildren were somehow better at math.

is math teacher incompetence really a national issue?

I can only assume that if the math teacher is teaching in a way that generates anxiety, that is a reflection of incompetence.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a national issue because the states are the ones that set education standards, in math and other subjects.

NPR needs to push this story down to its affiliates because the real story is

math anxiety in Washington state
math anxiety in Oregon
math anxiety in California
math anxiety in Nevada
math anxiety in New Mexico
math anxiety in Colorado
math anxiety in Texas
math anxiety in Louisiana
math anxiety in Arkansas
math anxiety in Ohio
math anxiety in Illinois
and so on...

and you have to find out whether the math anxiety is coming from the curriculum or from the teacher

it could be that the curriculum is so bad that even good teachers wind up stuck with a bunch of students who have math anxiety because they're teaching garbage

if you are a parent then you should get a "table of contents" for each math course your child takes

this is a manifest or list of topics covered

if any of them are unfamiliar to you, then you need to figure out what it is so that you can fill in any gaps that aren't covered in class

in many parts of the USA, education is compulsory and free

if you were paying for your child's education, you would be concerned with the quality of the teaching and which topics are covered naturally since the education is worth money and you want to know how your money is being spent

demanding access to the same data---the teaching methods, the teacher qualifications, the curriculum---when your child gets the education for free may seem awkward at first, after all, it seems like you're "looking a gift horse in the mouth", but this is education, so in a sense you already have a right to demand the details of your child's education on the grounds that it is for your child

part of the issue is demanding the details of your child's education even when your child is getting it for free, it's just not a natural thing to do, so parents have to get over that initial sense of doing something awkward

It is totally reasonable to ask the school what the students are going to learn and how they are going to learn it, and how the parents are going to verify that their kids are learning what the school says it is teaching the kids, but people just don't do it, they just don't hold the schools to a high standard of education philosophy. That could change by putting pressure on schools to publish this information and make it available. Schools don't have to do anything with respect to publishing public records in this regard, and that could change, but only with political pressure.

I was both anxious about and bad at it during my school years, but I took up programming for vidya mods later on and both got over it out of necessity and taught myself more about math than the school system ever even strived to.

I guess I learn best by doing.

i just finished the last math class i will ever have to take (calculus 2) it was a pain in the ass but doable

I had something like this in school because I was too lazy to study and ended up missing a lot and nearly having to retake the year. Ironically enough when I sat to catch up what I missed shit fell into place. Math is easy when you have past knowledge of how an equation came to be or how it's solved, but it's tremendously hard if you skip or don't study so you end up thinking you're a retarded who can't grasp numbers or that it's only for nerds.
Well obviously you can't solve a puzzle if you're missing the pieces.

All math requires is for you not to slack off. Same as with languages, if you don't speak, read or write in a language you know you will start to get bad at it.

Attached: 88722_gdy-probuje-nauczyc-czegos-kumpla.gif (260x195, 1.31M)

>is math teacher incompetence really a national issue?
Well I doubt it's the teacher's fault because they tend to take a logical approach to their tutoring. If you don't want to learn math why would the teacher be at fault? You can't force people to like math, in fact forcing them would only make them hate math more.

idk by the end of calc 2 i was having a very hard time keeping up. the planes and vector stuff in 3d space is really confusing

Attached: vectors.gif (308x259, 2K)

Vector math is especially nice to learn through game programming. Like making a ball bounce accurately.

>Engineers saying anything
Fook off

t. Graduate physicist

>Swiss cucking himself to government for the rest of his life.
Lmao you must be a failure if you aren't in business, mountain jew.

I'm German, thus I'm more cucked than just being an Swiss