Buddhism?

Thoughts on Buddhism?

Attached: 0_Du7EZKLz7I7UzwUL.png (300x402, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pbOgXfMcLoQ
barnesandnoble.com/w/secret-oral-teachings-in-tibetan-buddhist-sects-alexandra-david-neel/1104537255?ean=9781388254544&st=PLA&sid=BNB_New Core Shopping Books&sourceId=PLAGoNA&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Google_c&gclid=CjwKCAiAjNjgBRAgEiwAGLlf2oRQL4JJKa8KFFhdoE0xAueWSHknzPWBffUargghAKfNWlESeYQ7iRoC-ykQAvD_BwE
youtube.com/watch?v=D5V0_FK_vz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

probably cool
but not going to be taken seriously

Really, really fucking confusing when you actually get into it

It is not a religion because it is not about God.
It is not a philosophy because it does not possess the philosophical tools to constitute a philosophy.
It's more for a lifestyle than anything else.

Christianity has everything that Buddhism has and more, but Buddhism can serve as a kind of plow that prepares the field to receive the seeds (which in this case is Christianity).

Max redpilled religion. Only for those who have figured out the duality of the world, and want to try and see beyond.

Not at all, just incompatible with white people at a genetic level. It's only for Indians and east asians.

based.
whites do best when Agnostic

>Christianity has everything that Buddhism has and more

I find it hilarious that there's actually lots of people that think this. Christianity (and all abrahamic religions) is a cucked, 50 IQ religion for the masses.

It literally takes one line to debunk cuckstianity:

>A good, wholesome Buddhist who led a virtuous life goes to hell but a vuglar, evil person who lived all his life committing sin goes to heaven as long as he eventually accepts "Le christ is gawd xxDDDD"

>I find it hilarious that there's actually lots of people that think this. Christianity (and all abrahamic religions) is a cucked, 50 IQ religion for the masses.

What you find or do not find is irrelevant to me. But if you are interested in taking an excerpt from the bible where you have teachings of Jesus Christ such as the Sermon on the Mount and delivering it to a Buddhist monk who has never had contact with Christianity most likely after finishing reading, he will say, "This person is an enlightened ".

>>A good, wholesome Buddhist who led a virtuous life goes to hell but a vuglar, evil person who lived all his life committing sin goes to heaven as long as he eventually accepts "Le christ is gawd xxDDDD"

Your comment is the typical comment of a person who has not even spent 10 minutes to understand the subject but thinks he understands everything. I would have to waste hours to fill up with his information deficiency, and even then it would be a waste of time because he would be explaining to someone he has no interest or capacity to understand.

Dalai Lama himself said the same thing. I'd rather listen to him than a canadian armchair intellectual

>>A good, wholesome Buddhist who led a virtuous life goes to hell
accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour is non negotiable

youtu.be/pbOgXfMcLoQ

Attached: float.jpg (600x450, 64K)

Christ preaches to those in hell

Does anyone have that image that was circulating around Jow Forums depicting a dark Buddha with these really bizarre dark eyes?

Every white Buddhist I've met is effeminate and bluepilled as fuck. Too many hops from craft beer going to their heads I guess.

Just as Islam is to Middle-Easterners and North Africans, as Buddhism/Taoism/Hinduism is to Indians and Asians, as Christianity and Atheism is to Europeans.

Its my shit. Its not what you see in new age stores, in fact they laugh at what the west calls Buddhism. Buddhism is about questioning everything, realizing what you witness is a lie told to you by your senses. there is no truth to experience, yet we should help others as a reflex, not because of "good karma"

im not done with the book yet, and it takes several reads to comprehend, but this is the book for you if youre really interested in learning what Buddhism is

barnesandnoble.com/w/secret-oral-teachings-in-tibetan-buddhist-sects-alexandra-david-neel/1104537255?ean=9781388254544&st=PLA&sid=BNB_New Core Shopping Books&sourceId=PLAGoNA&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Google_c&gclid=CjwKCAiAjNjgBRAgEiwAGLlf2oRQL4JJKa8KFFhdoE0xAueWSHknzPWBffUargghAKfNWlESeYQ7iRoC-ykQAvD_BwE

Attached: 51-6EnMtuVL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (353x499, 46K)

to be fair... so are Indian and Asian Buddhist's.

Probably the best religion out there.

how so?

Warrior tradition for Aryan peoples that the west has turned into nonsense about peace and equality.

Attached: 811PSjHkFWL.jpg (1399x2167, 409K)

Unironically the most redpilled religion.

youtube.com/watch?v=D5V0_FK_vz8

Attached: meditatingmonkey.jpg (400x400, 64K)

>secret teachings
Anything called such is guaranteed to be either nonsense or low quality. Actual truths are available for anyone.

God or gods are irrelevant, only focus is on improving the individual.

You can't self-improve without seeking God.

Maybe in your opinion.

>Christianity has everything that Buddhism has and more

I find it hilarious that there's actually lots of people that think this. Christianity (and all abrahamic religions) is a cucked, 50 IQ religion for the masses.

It literally takes one line to debunk cuckstianity:

>A good, wholesome Buddhist who led a virtuous life goes to hell but a vuglar, evil person who lived all his life committing sin goes to heaven as long as he eventually accepts "Le christ is gawd xxDDDD"

Typical leaf, takes the Bible completely literal and not even considering the more esoteric aspects of the book. That is comparable to claiming the Bhagavad-Gita is a Historical record. Both are books of allegory and full of occult meaning.
You useless NPC faggot

Our Universe was designed to support life, at the very least create it. Our understanding is that something cannot come from nothing right? that's where all this religion stuff comes from. God created us so who created god is the typical circular argument. What if..our Universe as we know it and understand it, operates differently than what is outside our universe, our concept of something out of nothing is only applicable in our universe and what we observe. Maybe these laws do not apply, It's like we are a sub routine with our own laws of physics which isn't the true nature of whatever exists outside our universe the main "program" that runs the subroutine we call our universe. It's some trippy shit to think about.

It's a fact. A non-god-based self improvement is equal to keeping a car running but not driving it. If you are not improving for the sake of Truth, then why are you trying to improve at all?

I don't give a shot of people want to study Buddhism but what kills me is the idea so prevalent among young urban liberals that it's a non religious religion. Buddhist cosmology is every bit as complicated and unbelievable as any other faith system, maybe even more so.

someone greentext what the "real" budhism is, not the western hippie version. also do it for hinduism if you can

Attached: 1530140691809.gif (400x560, 1.5M)

if you're looking for god you're chasing shadows

I wouldn't say it's improving for the sake of truth.

Also I'm not a buddhist, I'm more or less agnostic but I think buddhism is probably the best way to understand your place in the world and suffering.

Buddhism is the ultimate blackpill when you delve into the original texts. They believe in reincarnation but their end goal is to stop it. The goal of Buddhism is complete and total non-existence. If not for reincarnation, the reasonable thing for a Buddhist would just be immediate suicide.

Of course this extremism got tampered when it became part of the status quo just like extreme asceticism of Christianity did.

Yes, then for what sake would you be improving at all?

I think you have never really looked at all. Otherwise your sentiment would be different, regardless of whether or not you found anything.

This is true, but it's to eliminate suffering, to them existence is suffering, even god or gods, if they are real, are also suffering since they exist.

>Yes, then for what sake would you be improving at all?

To lessen suffering.

Self improvement is literally it's own reward, both actively and passively. From physical experiences like runners high and whatever we call the rush when you can reliably bench that new weight threshold, to the humbling yet thrilling feeling when you realize that you are at a point where you have a firm grasp of the subject you've been studying, our minds were built to reward our growth in this life. Becoming fluent in a language you didn't grow up with, the incredible difference in how you feel moment to moment when you eat right and exercise compared to when you let yourself be a fat slob that is incapable of running anymore, the difference between the life of a man that has learned a trade and one that never does, learning a new instrument, creating your first work of art, there's endless examples. And the more you improve, the more chances you get to go further still. Your car apology is shit because a self improving man is constantly moving forward, sometimes in careful steps and sometimes on great bounds. You can't improve yourself of you don't 'drive the car'

Absolutely blessed
>what is substiutionary atonement
>implying Christianity is antinomian
The saddest thing about your comment is that you only show your ignorance about the God you mock

Then why not seek God? Whether or not you treat as a mere mindtrick, being in faith is one of the strongest ways to make all material suffering seem tiny. Besides, surely you are familiar enough with Buddhism to comprehend that improving yourself doesn't eliminate suffering, but extends it. Buddhism proposes the exact opposite: to detach from all notions of improvement.

Kurios Iesous Christos, Uios tou Theou, eleson epi me amartian. Amen.

ancient buddism is just another retarded cult for retards that can ocam razzor the "we need some thousand hours of esoteric ceremonies" and "we like our culture" out of figuring that beating the shit out of your neighbour for no reasonand being a violent prick provoking people usually fucks up things

modern westernized buddism is just another retarded jewish tool

Now fuck off Pajeet

Attached: muh based lama.jpg (275x183, 12K)

>Self improvement is literally it's own reward, both actively and passively.
It's not when your baseline assumption is that Buddhism is the best religion there is for explaining your place in the world, which is a premise the aussieanon operates on. Based on the premises I read in between your lines, what I'm saying doesn't apply.

*cant

>This is true, but it's to eliminate suffering, to them existence is suffering, even god or gods, if they are real, are also suffering since they exist.
I think this is one of the reasons why serious Buddhism has never and will never become mainstream, it's too anti-life to agree with normie sensibilities. The most successful ideologies are the ones that reinforce natural normie instincts such as protestantism and islam.

I've sought out god, but it just doesn't work for me.

What made you conclude so?

Honestly I just responded to your post after seeing it from scrolling and without reading the thread. Sorry if I shat on a different disscussion

Well you don't have to believe any of that within Buddhism, you can strip away the spiritual stuff, there are no strict rules or doctrines (unless you become a monk or something), it's more of a lifestyle.

Too many contradictions, lack of any evidence, too many leaps of faith, it's just far to illogical.

>evidence
You mean scientific? Because the question of God isn't scientific it's philosophical.

I don't think Christianity is even philosophically coherent.

philosophy is poor man's science

What is a high IQ religion?

No worries, you had a valid point nevertheless.

>Too many contradictions, lack of any evidence, too many leaps of faith, it's just far to illogical.

You didn't seek God. You only either read or listened other people talk about him. In order to find God, you have to personally TRY to find him. Try to poke through the walls of the consciousness you are currently aware in this moment of and reach for him. Seeking God is technically meditation. You can't do it if you are focused on something else... this includes your own mental constructs and prejudices you have built about God over the years. You have to empty your mind and open your eyes.

Anyone answer this plz

Why would you want something to be mainstream?
>A particular characteristic of the Aryan-ness of the original Buddhist teaching is the absence of those proselytizing manias that exist, almost without exception, in direct proportion to the plebeian and anti-aristocratic character of a belief. An Aryan mind has too much respect for other people, and its sense of its own dignity is too pronounced to allow it to impose its own ideas upon others, even when it knows that its ideas are correct. Accordingly, in the original cycle of Aryan civilizations, both Eastern and Western, there is not the smallest trace of divine figures being so concerned with mankind as to come near to pursuing them in order to gain their adherence and to "save" them. The so-called salvationist religions-the Erlösungsreligionen, in German-make their appearance both in Europe and Asia at a later date, together with a lessening of the preceding spiritual tension, with a fall from Olympian consciousness and, not least, with influxes of inferior ethnic and social elements.
It is a system for the aristocrat of the soul not the inferior masses below.

>ocam razzor
Ockam
>mfw Ockam was a franciscan Friar
>mfw a retard larper tries and fails, again.

Attached: pepe giggle.gif (360x346, 170K)

I do understand what God is, I used to believe in him, I totally get it, but I can't bring myself to believe anymore, it just doesn't make sense.

You're right, the chance of anything worthwhile becoming truly mainsteam is close to zero.

>I do understand what God is
Lol. Do you think a human can understand what anything that can be labelled as God is? An infinite being fully comprehended by a finite mind? The ego on you. Why do you think the most God described himself as in the bible was "I am who I am"? Because that is the closest you can get towards to understanding God through a human perspective.

>I used to believe in him

No you didn't. You believed in your puny conceptualization of God. You essentially believed in yourself. No wonder you were let down.

>it just doesn't make sense.

Tell me: what does make sense?

I'll just say it, God isn't real, I'm a pure materialist who got red pilled by marx.

Detachment is antithetical to proper living.

>It is not a religion because it is not about God.
t. retard

>Christianity has everything Buddhism has
Buddhism is antithetical to Christianity on a fundamental level.

I can never tell when I'm being trolled by an aussie. Truly the master shitposters.

i love budism, i'm a budist.

Attached: user136396_pic967143_1352703623.jpg (868x868, 127K)

>excerpt from the bible
>where you have teachings of Jesus Christ
did Jesus Christ himself write the bible, was the bible even written during the time of Christ? How did monks 10 centuries later (dark ages-middle ages) even knew what those teachings really were? Isnt it possible they just made it all up on the orders of the head of state who was endorsed by the church? Its a lot more convenient to control savage middle age people with religion than actually reasoning with them, just look like whats happening know religion in the west doesnt work anymore, and the controlling forces have turned to other methods not unlike religion, based on belief and false information and discrediting science, however religion as tool of control still works on muslims because they still lag behind culturally.

Nice, i was waiting for this to appear.

Attached: 1467142170248.jpg (250x250, 10K)

that shit is burnt, lol. Why would anybody post a picture of light-bleached weed?

memeflag
larping as FASCIST but:
question church
question authority
question value of religion to the West
puts false dichotomy SCIENCE vs RELIGION
JUST
btfo schlomo

western performative buddhists are basic bitches

asian buddhists are based.

>question authority
why not? over the last 1000 years authority in Europe were nothing but incompetent inbred lying homosexual degenerates (except this one time in 1930s Germany). Its only natural to question authority.

nice digits, anyways...
Authority true authority is derived from above. Furthermore any real hierarchy has a divine component. What we have now in the west can not be described as authority because it derives its power from below, from "consent" of the masses.
It is the demonic inverse of real authority.

Attached: 1515564674641.jpg (1280x720, 205K)

>why not? over the last 1000 years authority in Europe were nothing but incompetent inbred lying homosexual degenerates (except this one time in 1930s Germany). Its only natural to question authority.
a fucking cuck larper
nice quads, though.

Space and time are not fundamental, information is. Consciousness creates apparent space and dimensionality. Just like when you have a dream, what you are dreaming takes up no space. Your consciousness creates the illusion of space and dimensionality when you dream, the same as when you are awake. Both are information based simulations of physical realities.

Attached: 1463253.jpg (540x657, 141K)

True authority is derived from within.
FTFY

John 10:34-35
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Psalm 82:6
I have said, "You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High."

2 Peter 1:19
Consequently we have the prophetic word [made] more sure; and YOU are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until day dawns and a daystar rises, in YOUR hearts

Jeremiah 23:24
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

Luke 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold , the kingdom of God is within you.

Proverbs 25:2
God conceals the revelation of his word
in the hiding place of his glory.
But the honor of kings is revealed
by how they thoroughly search out
the deeper meaning of all that God says.

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God

Buddhism and Sikhism.

Attached: Nanak Death.jpg (850x400, 45K)

There is no such thing as divine component, it is fake symbol to control the masses. Hitler did not have any divine component, he had reason and logic, as a human being he asked German people for power to rule and he received their consent.

Anyone and everyone before him who just assumed power, kings, queens, they were lucky enough to be living in an age were there was no science, logic or reason, where ignorant and easily influenced by fairy tales.

>as within so without

Attached: 1517711803203.png (1131x1185, 567K)

I like it, but I also like boobs.
What do?

Attached: 1534474140080.png (714x1000, 1.01M)