HOLY SHIT AMERICA I KNEW IT WAS BAD BUT NOT THIS BAD

HOLY SHIT AMERICA I KNEW IT WAS BAD BUT NOT THIS BAD

Attached: i am the 1.png (627x801, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.abs-cbn.com/business/05/30/18/japan-to-welcome-500000-foreign-workers-to-help-plug-labor-shortage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most people plead guilty and never go to trial

>99/14=86
assange a stupid

U NEVER PASSED MATH HUH?

Prosecutors are scum of the earth what’s new

Have you been living under a rock for the last 20 years?

Holy fuck. Wish our conviction rates were actually half decent here as well...

>high conviction rate
>THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED

haven’t blacks and other PoC been saying this for years?

So he wants a low conviction rate? What kind of retard logic is this?

Attached: 1523294572517.jpg (250x250, 34K)

more or less

this is peak dystopian though

charges = conviction

that means the innocent have no chance of seeing justice

>chance of going free in Burgerland is 1/100
>Chance of going free in Bongland is 14/100

Keep in mind these are just for those that make it to trial. What is the data for what the prosecution decides not to pursue or for plea deals? What remains unsolved?

someone explain
people still are found innocent though

Attached: 1538610527637.jpg (960x952, 113K)

the conviction rate has gone up simply due to americas crime rate going up and the government lying about it. various states have law enforcement divisions which have people on record saying they are told to throw out case files and those crimes arent reported quarterly and never end up adjusting the states crime rate and by extension the countries

because people know crime is bad they want people to go to jail. before niggergedon (the last 3 years of the obama administration) it was becoming harder to get a conviction. that means despite the recovery narrative people seem to be turning to crime more often now and this is what almost 7 years into the recovery from the great recession

This retard logic WTF is go...Oh I see the flag, Average IQ in your country is below average so makes sense

>Japan has a high conviction rate says amerimutt

Uh, maybe they've just refined the process of how they charge people and only do so when they have sufficient evidence now? a la: federal prosecution system

It counts guilty pleas idiot

You cant call anyone mutt anymore, your grand children with people called Gonzales and Paco

news.abs-cbn.com/business/05/30/18/japan-to-welcome-500000-foreign-workers-to-help-plug-labor-shortage

more likely than not is that prosecutors are discarding cases unless they are extremely confident they'll win.
Which means criminals are getting away with crimes just because prosecutors don't want to risk soiling their spotless track.

>americas crime rate going up
It fell a lot between the 1990s and the mid 2010s.

Is that supposed to make it better? In Japan, 99% of cases end with a guilty plea as well, but infamiously that doesn't actually mean the convicted was guilty.

Some people are innocent.

99% conviction rate for what?

everything

Yeah look at David Duke, he up against a Jewish judge and a Jewish prosecutor.

Most cases end up in plea bargains and don't go to a jury decision. The prosecution tries to charge people with everything imaginable then offer a plea bargain if they confess to a single charge. The prosecutor gets a conviction, the defendant is frequently released for time served and everyone goes home. That's what happened in the last case I had jury duty for. The whole jury thought the charges were ridiculous but the defendant ended up plea bargaining for time served (he'd been waiting two years in the county jail for his trial) and we never got a chance to make a ruling.

Attached: Lionel Hutz Attorney at Law.jpg (500x536, 51K)

Did people seriously not know this ?

i have a hard time believing that
federal level is somewhere in the 90s but when you add in cases that are on a state level it drops significantly

>In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial
There needs to be a violent revolution over this alone.

If you don't commit crimes, you don't get convicted

Attached: 1324235345667.jpg (184x184, 12K)

They're found "not guilty" which is not the same as innocence.

More importatnly, Jew-S-A prosecutors like to stack up every single charge they can imagine so you either take a "guilty" plea or face 200+ years in prison should you lose at trial.

However, if you go to trial, you may just be able to push the government's shit in a little and live free.

What should the conviction rate be in an ideal society?
> One interpretation of a high conviction rate is that America is a police state.
> Another interpretation of a high conviction rate is that prosecutors are generally doing their jobs and not bringing frivolous charges against people when there is little evidence.

Not saying it's good (it seems far too high if it is 99%) or that there aren't obviously many innocent people in jail (there usually are) but what standard should we be weighing that 99% against as a basis for comparison? What is ideal in the perfect republic?

Tell that to the guy Mueller locked up for Anthrax.

Yeah, when I found out the dude had done two years already without a jury trial, I was pissed. What's worse the court didn't tell us I found out because I was smoking a cig outside and his sly mother saw the juror sticker on my shirt and started talking about how much she wanted her son back.

Attached: Saul Goodman.jpg (820x420, 73K)

Yes, there are numerous reason for a high convention % beyond “the system is tyrannical”

>56% vs 98%

Yeah, things are bad here. The easiest way to describe it is Brave New World for those who go along with it all and 1984 for those who question it.

It's all about forcing a plea deal. Stack a ton of potential charges on them, tell them it's a sure thing, but if they take the plea deal they can get off easier.
People take the plea deal. Still a conviction, no trial necessary.

The metric that would tell you a lot more is crimes charged vs crimes convicted. If you have an extremely high charge rate relative to conviction rate then you know the system is at least somewhat abusive as large numbers of charges are being brought with no basis. This way you can account for plea deals being taken as opposed to staring down a dozen charges despite most of them being baseless. I'd say just going off the numbers an ideal society would have a very very low charge rate but an almost perfect conviction rate indicating only charges that the prosecution is sure will stick are brought. Now obviously this single metric doesn't mean that the justice system in said society isn't abusive as you can use other extralegal means to secure convictions, but it does indicate that frivolous charges aren't being used to bully people into accepting plea deals.

99% is 14x 86%

Bond out, go after prosecutor in self defence

Innocent people take a guilty plea to do community service and be on probation rather than risk going to jail for years for doing literally nothing wrong.

If prosecutors are honest and competent, they won't take cases to trial that they're going to lose. The conviction rate tells you nothing about the rate of false conviction.

>If you have an extremely high charge rate relative to conviction rate then you know the system is at least somewhat abusive as large numbers of charges are being brought with no basis.
Not necessarily. The judge and jury aren't always right.

1% vs 14% non convictions. it's phrased wrong.

>implying the US is has a worse justice system than Britain where "hate speech" is punishable with years in prison
come on lads

That's not conviction rate then.

haahahah

/thread

No but they're going to be correct far more often than not since if they were consistently wrong you'd see an extremely high overturn rate on appeals.

What?

If everyone demanded to have a trial the courts would collapse. Plea agreements are the only thing keeping the system going.

Maybe Criminal Justice reform is good? Idk i do not break laws so I have no real skin in the game. Just worried about lawsuits, those are the jews secret weapon.

The US justice system is insane
>Plead guilty and get 6 months
>Plead not guilty and you get 30 years if found guilty
People plead guilty even when innocent rather than risk a life sentence

By the time an arrest becomes a charge the evidence is typically overwhelming. Tells us more about Britain's prosecutors than anything.

>they're going to be correct far more often than not
Again: not necessarily. The judiciary can be corrupt or incompetent, the jury pool can have higher numbers of malicious or unsophisticated people in it, and lawyers can have different levels of skill in sophistry and willingness to resort to it.

>if they were consistently wrong you'd see an extremely high overturn rate on appeals
Appeals courts aren't always right either, and often there is no appeal to be made. For instance, the prosecution generally can't appeal a jury's decision on the grounds that it's unfair or irrational, they have to argue that the judge did something improper.

Yeah, plea bargaining is a fundamentally corrupt practice.

Isn't that a conflict of interest?

I'm obviously making some assumptions here and basically limiting my scope to the US and other western nations. I'm not saying that the justice system in the Central African Republic is going to be functional regardless of whatever any numbers on conviction, charge, or appeal rates say.

>they have to argue that the judge did something improper
Which if you're seeing huge numbers of erroneous convictions they likely are.

wow would you look at that, it's almost like America is Anglomerica with common law on steroids

CIA Whistle-blower? I am calling BS on this... there aren't any still walkin' and talkin'..

No since David Duke is the bigger kike of the three

Assange has been dead over 2 years
RIPPIDEEDOODA RIPPIDEEDAY

Fpbp.
Most prosecutors offer sweetheart deals with no prison time and some kind of suspended sentence or deferred adjudication so you don't even end up with a record most people can find.

Charged with a drug felony was in jail for less than two hours got off 5 yrs probation in 2 years. AMA

CAN YOU LEGALLY BUY A GUN FROM A FED LIC FIREARMS DEALER?

>its impossible for an innocent man to be charged with a crime

A lawyer said I can but because Texas is a private sale state and I don't buy firearms that often like a manchild I have not attempted to. I was actually allowed to keep my firearms while on probation. I can't get a LTC for another few years but am allowed to possess a firearm in my property and in my vehicle. Since I live in a ranch in rural Texas and guns are banned at work im not left lacking very often.

even in NH I was told I am SOL when I called a gunshop and said in 1981 when I had just turned 18 I was arrested and charged with posw/intent class c and given the oppotunity to "admit to sufficient facts" as it was called at the time get a fine , a year probation and "It will go away" i assume this is now referred to as 'continued without a finding" but the gunshop owner told me if I even came into the store he'd have to call the State Police and I'd go to prison.. He didn't even want to hear another word from me and as far as I know that doesn't actually appear as an F conviction.

Im not really familiar with gun laws in NH but I don't know anywhere you get arrested for failing a NICS check. Most gun store owners here tend to be an understandably skittish bunch when it comes to losing there FFL/livelihood. He may have thought you were some sort of undercover ATF sting or something. If they rent or sell any extra fun things they may not want to run afoul of local LE or risk losing that signature on there license

The absolute fucking state of burger education.

>1% chance of not being convicted in the US
>14% chance of not being convicted in the UK
>1 x 14 = ????

Attached: 1541861894795.jpg (326x294, 18K)

how is 99 14-times higher than 84?

that's non-conviction rate

how do you appeal a plea deal?

We weren't talking about plea deals at that point.

you are confusino conviction rate with non conviction rate

shut it down
we are 14x better then england at everything. do not interrupt the enemy when he is losing.

Even if he worded it slightly wrong, you'd have to be denser than a fucking brick not to understand the point of what he was conveying, and that it was correct.

Does the private prison system play into this?

it's because of poc who can't stop committing crimes and the plea system

You generally waive your right to appeal prior to agreeing to a plea deal. The only way I know of would be to prove that you were coerced into the deal with police torture or something.

It used to happen a lot more often because the police were typically very poorly educated with zero oversight in an era when litigation was very uncommon.

After 40 years of lawsuits, increasingly strict recruiting requirements often demanding a college degree, and pretty much direct oversight all the time (cameras everywhere) its nowdays incredibly rare.

The modern police force is remarkably professional and well ran tbqh. Cops in the old days (early 70's and prior) might decide to just break your kneecaps instead of charging you if they felt they didnt have enough evidence to convict. Hell, at the prison I work at I met an 85 year old retired guard who paused at an old set of steps in the abandoned part of the building and tell me they used to throw pedophiles and negros down it and drag them back up repeatedly just for fun. You could never get away with shit like that nowdays. Talk to old cops while they are still around, they were essentially just mafia with badges. Todays police and corrections system is actually incredibly humane and civil rights have literally never been more strictly patrolled.

Nowdays if you are 45 minutes late with chow two days in a row suddenly 3 dozen grievances are written and sent out of the block. Inmates even have computer kiosks in the genpop dayroom they can email thier lawyers with.

From an ideological standpoint, this should actually do very well on social media. At it's core, it's the same platform as BLM:
>Lots of people are being charged
>This is the result of an oppressive system

The right-wing argument would be:
>Lots of people are being charged
>There must be lots of criminals (good riddance)

>since if they were consistently wrong you'd see an extremely high overturn rate on appeals

Who decides appeals cases? Oh right, judges.

Most cases with overwhelming evidence against a suspect result in plea deals meant to save taxpayers and prosecutors time and money.

Most cases with insufficient evidence against a suspect fail to pass a grand jury and are never indicted in the first place.

The cases that go to trial are the ones that don't fall into either category, the ones where defendants don't take a deal, or the cases is just strong enough to pass a grand jury.

Ergo, most cases that actually result in an arrest or trial result in a conviction.

>save taxpayers money
>by extorting money out of taxpayers

The vast majority of "convictions" are petty shit too. The alarmists like to count everything from driving without a license and wreckless driving guilty verdicts as convictions to bump numbers up. The vast majority of the time there is no jail and maybe a minimum fine is slapped on and thats it. Probably 65% are shit like that.

The next group are guys who spend a few weeks in jail and get smacked with bigger fines, probation, and maybe a suspended sentence with credit for time served. thats like 30%. these are guys who got caught with petty dealer amounts of drugs, or felony user amounts of drugs. DUI's, assaults, family member assault. stuff like that.

The final 5% are guys getting actual prison time. These types of crimes are usually violent or egragrious in nature like being caught with stupid amounts of drugs or trying to kill somebody, rape, shit with kids etc etc.

The vast majority of "convictions" result in no hard time. People try to depict the nation as some dystopian police state, but frankly you actually have to work pretty deliberatly to actually go to prison.

kiriakou is probably a compromised purple pill controlled opp/limited hangout, hes good but there are some red flags mixed up in there if you follow things/him closely. shipp and binney are better

you sound like the biggest fucking lying sack of shit
>all cops now totally pro and shit dindu nuffin ever
>incredibly humane
do you talk like this to everyone and they all just nod and ignore your blatant bullshit because you are clearly a shitty liar

Democrats want us all in prison. They are evil creatures

>no u

>denser than a fucking brick
Bricks are not that dense desu. Most of them are in fact quite porous.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x347, 67K)

Norwegian autism is on a whole other level.

Yes, but it's still extortion. Probably over 50% of laws on the books are undemocratic, unwanted by the majority of citizens. They exist to keep the DOJ's money factory in operation

>14 x 86 = 99

The absolute fucking state of retarded brits.

>people who are being arrested are almost 100% confirmed criminals that deserve it
WOOOOOWWWWwwww

>86 + 14 = 99

Lmao

>14 - 99 = 86

lmao

Like 90% arrest where i live are small time weed offenders that's all the police look to arrest