Currently in senior year of highschool, need advice on what to major in for college

Currently in senior year of highschool, need advice on what to major in for college.
I’d put political science as my major to all the schools I’ve applied to, but I’ve learned now that it’s barely useful if not a useless degree entirely.

Hate to sound like a faggot, but math is not in question. Found out last year I got ADHD with especially high difficulties in math. I can barely do any mental math unfortunately

Any advice helps honestly, nobody around me told me this major is shit even when I told them I was doing it

About me
>3.5 cumulative gpa
>28 highest composite ACT, 30 superscore (math weighing me down)

Attached: B6170441-2F1D-45F9-B7A7-8EACDE24985B.jpg (960x760, 56K)

Try Cock sucking

Look at what you want to do in life, decide where you want to be in 10 years. Then decide what degree will get you there. I picked History, I was going to double major but the college screwed me so now I am graduating with a meme degree, still better than no degree.

You are straight retarded if you have a high school GPA of 3.5- especially if you think that is good. Good luck getting into your local community college brainlet.

Just finished school myself, currently waiting to head to University. Didn't do particularly great, I got the scores to get into my courses but no better, kinda wasted my last year of high school.

Best advice I ever got was to do what you are good at/enjoy. Personally I am good at and enjoy Geography/Demographics and History. Of these two Geography is the much more employable of the two.

Spend time finding out which subject/course you're interested in and look into careers and the likeness of it's employability heading into the future.

But maths isn't everything, I dropped it (wish I hadn't desu) as I was shit at it. As long as you can keep up, you can find it'll help quite a bit in career choices.

Kys underage

>underage
>highschool senior
Here I was thinking I was the dumb one

Architecture at Notre Dame.

Read Till We Have Built Jerusalem by Philip Bess, understand that the movements of the future will need an architectural style to back them in order to combat the completely unchecked devastation to western architecture and therefore how we live our lives. If you want to actually make a difference in this world, we need those who can bridge the political, the artistic, the structural, the philosophical.

That's a pretty useless degree. STEM STEM STEM STEM STEM if you're doing college. What the fuck job do you expect to get with political science? Seriously.

Skip college and try to get into sales. And in 5 years, update your resume to include a college degree.

Also, being a waiter will help you with your sales skills in the future. And you can live in a van and shower at Planet Fitness, and you'll develop all kinds of skills living that way.

Stay positive, stay sober, stay out of college debt, pay off your van, and exercise at the gym where you shower at.

Literally any job at Burger King will be enough to get you saving good money and paying off your van payments quickly.

Within 2 years you'll have enough to put a down payment on a 2 unit rental property. You can live in one unit and rent the other, or upgrade your van to a comfortable RV and rent out both units to pay the mortgage on your rental property.

fdgdfg

Become a professor or go to law school

It’s probably out of 4 which is a fine gpa

> Found out last year I got ADHD with especially high difficulties in math
ADHD just means you are an undisciplined lazy kid. ADHD isn't real lmao. Just learn to focus and stop being undisciplined lmao

Attached: 8j3euqv0i2a01.jpg (765x630, 52K)

It definitely is the other faggot is trolling I was a 3.2 in high school and got into Columbia

I’m by no means undisciplined or lazy, raised on value of “You’re either doing a sport or getting a job, no sitting at home doing jack shit” Wrestled from 4th grade to junior year, working at local grocery store this year since the summer.

I was very speculative myself about the diagnosis, and when I took the meds they gave me I didn’t feel any different, but it showed and allowed me to do math easier. Helped me bump my GPA up to 3.5, got straight A’s for the next 2 semesters after I got it prescribed

It is out of 4

OP you sound similar to me. I had a 3.5ish GPA at an elite private high school, and I always had a job or played sports and was involved in other extracurricular activities. I decided to major in Political Science (and Spanish).

It was arguably the worst decision of my life. I am now 27. Based on my AP Gov't class in high school and just learning more about how our government functions in general, I realized when I was 18 that I wouldn't major in polysci and that if I wanted to make a difference in the world (which I did because of Jesuit social justice morals impressed upon me) I could better accomplish this outside of the political realm. Think of charities, business leaders, etc. Unfortunately, I didn't follow my own advice. I got to college and didn't have to declare a major right away. I did Spanish because I was basically fluent already from previous schooling. And I took some classes, always did really well A+ grades in polysci classes

So I ended up majoring in that. Truth be told I loved my classes and my professors and I felt that I had a good well rounded education in political science. Everything from geo-politics to identity groups and how they influence politics (this was mostly "white privilege" style stuff but still valuable in terms of the academic culture). I was involved in extra curriculars in college and had a decent GPA when I graduated. I decided not to go to grad school or law school at that time.

Can't find a good job for shit. I graduated in 2013 and at the time chalked it up to the economy, things still weren't great since 2008 recession. But it never got better for me.

Attached: 1523491738930.jpg (1024x576, 68K)

After a brief stint working near minimum wage at a museum, I got a job at an international charity/NGO that did great work. I believed in their mission, the financials were great (not corrupt), had been around for a while, and was truly something I thought I could grow and excel in. Was literally right up my alley, I'd be able to make a difference in the world, and make a living too. Of course I started in a lowly position, but I figured that was fine I'd just work my way up the ladder, right?

That didn't happen. I was in a call center for a charity. I had 60-80 phone calls per day, most of them just taking down new payment info, doing data entry essentially. It was just customer service but for a charity. Not a bad job all being said, but there was no advancement. I was there for over 2 years and was never promoted or hired for other positions I applied for. Of course this was a charity, and being a good place to work there was not high turnover in upper level departments. At one point I applied for a graphic design position, and I didn't even get a damn interview. When I got hired I made $13.50 an hour. Wasn't even up to $14 per hour when I left almost 3 years later.

So, after 2 and a half years I left without a backup plan, just straight up quit after giving notice etc. And I traveled, then I got a higher paying job as an "SDR". Now, this is just outbound cold-calling sales. Lots of jobs like this out there for unskilled people. Basically you try to sell someone of a product demo on the phone, you do get comissions but not as much as actual salespeople.

I did that for almost 2 years. Management never promoted anyone. I wasn't even a great salesmen but some of my coworkers were. None were promoted despite being really fucking good. They always hired from outside the company. I ended up getting fired and everyone on my team has since left (I was only fired a year ago). This job paid $15 an hour plus commission. Sometimes I took home almost $3k/mo

Attached: yamaguchi3.jpg (996x994, 583K)

I assumed there had to be something better out there. After a few months of being unemployed I ended up getting a job doing tech support at a call center for $13 an hour; an extra 1$ per hour because I am bi-lingual and speak Spanish. I did this for 7 months and just recently quit because it sucks so bad. 40+ calls a day, most of them instructing people to unplug their routers and then plug them back in.

I didn't go to college and study middle east politics and the value of civic society to end up in service sector jobs.

If I had known this is where I would've ended up I either would've majored in something else or just simply not gone to college period.

Only successful people from college I know majored in Finance or Business with the occasional STEM major doing well (though it seems my friends in Finance make more than STEM folks). The only successful poly sci majors I know ended up doing one or two years of unpaid internships in DC or they went to grad school.

From an educational standpoint I don't think a political science degree is bad but I don't think it's good for making money unless you have serious connections. I ended up sperging out on facebook for most of 2016 up until early 2018 because it was the first time most people I know cared about politics and I could actually discuss that which I spent years studying with other people aside from on forums

Attached: 1523498937701.gif (594x420, 1.7M)

You don't have ADHD of any other made-up Jew illness. It's an excuse to medicate the Goyim. They're exploiting hypochondria.

Attached: 1545001225551.jpg (725x1024, 101K)

One college I’m looking at has a combination of Business with Political Science, what do you think about that?

Computer science. You just need to make through calc. Hard, but I dont believe any bullshit that some people just were born to do math. I believe in you op.

Major in whatever and find a government job like a cop or something

Engineering(civil, electrical, mechanical) or medical(tons of different paths) are the only two that are of high intellegence where you truely can test yourself. But even retards can pass these classes. If you are a retard and want to make money and have easy classes take some sort of buisness/finance and join a bank or become a lawyer for us pol/bros down the line when our text logs become public and we need a lawyer.

dont work or pay taxes to a fake shadow government
this country has been a corporation since at least 1933
if you even think about going to college you are way beyond hope

Kys forklift faggot

let me guess
you think trump isnt a neocon and that this country wont be a banana republic is a decade?

Nihilism is retarded and faggots like you keep giving it traction

why does nobody in my shit tier country have ADHD? How come even actual fucking retards can do some "mental math" but you can't? how can muricans be this fucking gullible ffs

fuck off you retard
gen z is 50% non white
kys

Calc 1 is easy and I'm a math brainlet. Calc 2 wasn't bad except for series shit. Just do problem sets

Honestly once you get into 3d spaces, that's where it got tough for me. But any issues with math could honestly be solved with simple practice. Just need to be disciplined enough (I was barely )

Just go all business. Maybe minor in Political Science but you really don't need the major. The thing is with the internet...you don't really need it as much. 99% of political science is just reading comprehension. Are you capable of reading the textbook, understanding the information, and using that information to make an analysis of a particular situation between certain political parties? IMO you really don't need a degree to do that.

If anything it would be better to major in Mathematics and get really into statistics, and then use those statistics to inform political decisions. Most colleges will make you take analysis classes as part of your poly sci degree, make sure you take Quantitative Analysis. My university allowed us to take Qualitative analysis classes and it sounded hip and cool but it's just retarded and not useful at all outside of doing qualitative research studies (most of which are bullshit).

Best thing you can do is major in something useful, read about politics on your own time (go buy some political related books) and use your skills for political purposes later. For example, if you became a millionaire early you can use that money to donate to effective causes. Probably have more impact than if you were someone running that campaign logistically

Renting is retarded dude. You're better off gambling.

Seriously OP, major in something useful. Major in something that is guaranteed to make you more than $50k in your first job out of college. Not "probably" but something in which you are guaranteed to make that much. Don't be a retard about this. I was a retard about it. Even asked my professors and they assured me I'd have no issues getting a good job at a think tank or doing policy research or what have you.

It's a pointless degree. You'd unironically be better off majoring in "Communications" or Sociology.

Attached: 1523494558777.png (316x430, 257K)

Go into a trade
Make bank
Shitpost your gay political theories online

I tutor ACT math, and a big component is time management and skipping all the problems that you don't immediately know the course to solve, to revisit once you've reached question 60.

Stem or business.

Buckle down and do the math you lazy retarded faggot.

t. You 15 years ago before wishing I had become a stem/engineer/entrepreneur/trader but wrote off learning math.
Its not that bad. ADHD and all. The mental block is you. Anything worthwhile takes real suffering and work.

>Hate to sound like a faggot
Oh don't worry, you do

anybody saying you should go to a trade school or college on Jow Forums is either a boomer or reddit retard

Have you thought of becoming a pilot or an air traffic controller?

>pilot
Awesome choice

This. I got the same ACT score as OP and was "bad" at math and told myself I just wasn't good at it. Now, I deal with math and numbers all day and I'm better at it than almost everyone I work with.

If you're too stupid for math then your options are pretty limited
All sciences are out, even biology and medicine would be questionable (although not completely unfeasible), engineering is definitely out, compsci is a bad choice, econ is math heavy as well, finance might also be a bad choice
If you're really good at networking, do business (even then, you might not need a degree for this).
Trades are an option if you're truly a brainlet and don't care about doing mind numbing work for the rest of your life, but it still beats working at starbucks with a liberal arts degree. Same deal with programming and IT as with trades IMO
maybe medicine or bio if you can memorize shit well and are willing to learn at least a little math.

alternatively, try giving math another shot and not gimp yourself for life.

Attached: 1541083109352.jpg (640x1024, 64K)

Nah I’m not basing my math off my ACT, just past performance. Always had gotten B’s every semester and got a C onetime, meds helped me get As in it my two semesters of junior year though

Poly Sci is useless. Go for something useful like Business.

If you are confident, do what I did and do whatever major you want to keep your grade high. Apply to a good law school and suffer through that.

Attached: 5RFkOk9.gif (300x316, 105K)

Don’t believe you can’t do math.

Get an engineering degree or most anything medical. Look for careers that aren’t easily shipped over seas.

If you want to get into politics go to law school. Most politicians are lawyers first.

>he fell for the uni jew
You dun fugged up, fren
>be me
>56k yr tradesman
>will always have a job
>no debt, cars paid for
>built my own house

Biomedical Engineering if you’re not a bad math cuck

>ADHD
>college
go to trade school, faggot
I was in the same boat as you, and barely scraped by on a tremendous amount of luck to "earn" my engineering degree. If you cannot study hard now, then you never can. If I was your age, I would go into real estate or pick up a trade. It depends on your skillset. If you are going to pick up debt in college, do not go at all. I got out debt-free and it was still a waste of time.

Attached: 1537926688555.jpg (563x651, 226K)

>Become an electrical engineer
>Take a fuckton of theoretical math classes
>Get a well paying job at a company that works on industrial power systems
>Don't use anything in practice after Calc 1

Anons, don't take any more math classes than you have to in college. Focus on your GPA and load up on easy classes. Nobody in my first few jobs asked about my classes, they only cared about my GPA.

Do trades or community college business degree.

The reason no one told you polsci is useless because (((they))) want you to spend 200K and financially cuck yourself for life.

Most colleges are a jewish organization designed to milk dumb goys of their money.

Don’t be an autistic goy, either get a business degree or go into based trades. No dumb streetshitter can take away your automotive tech job.

PhD in chemistry ask me things.

Learn to math.

Why don't you start by hunting for a job online and then determine what qualifications you need for that job?

How can I make my own MDMA?

Want to let all of you know I appreciate your help and feedback

You need rigorous course work in organic chemistry plus the labs to learn minimal technique

Biomedical engineering is very niche and less profitable than a lot of already developed engineering, like robotics engineering, nuclear engineering, electrical engineering, and computer engineering. How much it will grow in the future is up for debate. The medical devices industry is a small portion of the healthcare industry, where pharma dominates.

Also, business is no good unless you are very charismatic, have rich friends, or are lucky. You will need networking and connections to get a good job, since the field is already very competitive. The less competitive parts are very heavy on math and difficult for most people to do well, like finance, actuarial science and accounting.

Econ

Let me go get that rq and ill holler

If math is holding you back from engineering, do business or accounting.

STEM is this even a question?

Physical therapy

You could just stick a fork in an outlet and save yourself years of toiling with household cleaning products and small explosions. It'll give you the heart problems you're looking for but won't effect your offspring. I'm just kidding you probably won't have kids.

>why does nobody in my shit tier country have ADHD?
Because it's a bullshit "disease" made up by pharma kikes.

I have a two-year degree in civil engineering and landed an interview with a job that would offer 35-40k with health and dental I think. Of course the job ended up being 1.5 hr away so no go. But it still gives me hope for when I move out of this godforsaken area.

I've been told by former pilots that the job isn't what it used to be, not worth it etc

Boomer detected

My brother is a pilot. He enjoys it but it's full of boomers that won't retire so no one can move up or get in major airlines. He's had to suck dick in numerous shitter lines for the he last 11 years. Until he finally cracked 50k

PolySci is the biggest loser major for people who are too dumb to major in anything else.
If you can't do math or comp sci, then at least do English or history.

So if the mortgage on my house is $1500, which I paid for years before I started renting, and I make $1250 for renting out the basement, it's retarded on my part or the renters?

This same gal told me that airliners won't need manual pilots anymore or some reason that I shouldn't become a pilot. I think it'd be pretty comfy

Unironically this, as a Political Science major I often wished I majored in History instead. The information regarding politics is often included with History. It's just that you won't get into the minutiae of theory.

Attached: 1505368010947.gif (222x533, 135K)

What could you possibly do with a history degree that isn't teaching?

They will always need humans. That shit won't be trust worthy for many decades.

BE A JARHEAD FAGET BE THE BEST U CAN BEE

>found out I got the adhdbeetus so i can't do math lolerzz
you have to go back

And the airlines are going to get fucked because of it. Those boomers are legally required to retire at 65 and there's not enough people entering the field to replace them. So on paper, it's a good field to try and get into. In reality though, unless you're from a mega rich family, you're going to be six figures into student loan dept paying for your flight training.

>t. guy who used to want to become a pilot

You are not renting, you are leasing, dipshit.

Also it's retarded on the part of the people renting from you, but you are making a smart move. Good job.

You could always go military pilot first for a while though to get the training.

Maybe join the army?. Do 20 years and you'll have a pension, choose a good path and you'll learn skills and network. Can retrain etc. Lots of benefits and some big negatives if shtf. But better than doing literal dead end jobs for20 years.

If architects were to save us, their retarded designs -- that are more like modern art installations -- would collapse and be lost to time. Fucking arts and crafts major. They don't even teach the architect fucking engineering required to prove the concept is even feasible structurally. What a waste.

> my brother is an architect and always tries to tell me I don't know how to "use a room"

enlist in the military first. either find an mos that you are interested in for a career, or become a man and go infantry. it'l mostly suck but its worth the experience and they'll pay for both college and rent when you get out. enlist for the absolute minimum time though, typically 3 years.

Attached: IMG_0360.jpg (2592x1944, 870K)

That sounds like real poor advice. (((Software))) engineer and everything revolved around what I know and what I've done. Nothing about school classes or GPA involved. Literally just "show us what you've got".

Study the market. Go for a degree that gives you a job in demand: nursing, law, engineering (not too sure on this one), computer science. Since you don't like math, probably rule the latter 2 out. If you want something post-grad like med school or law school then you need to network.
Pol Sci is a meme degree that'll lead you to retail most likely.

Attached: 1479713631282.jpg (797x600, 63K)

PoliSci is an absolute waste of time.
Business is either psychology of groups, psychology of driving/tracking desires by average, or math.
Despite it sounding strange, or like alot of math, I suggest Materials Sciences. You can go heavy math, or you can go heavy design theory/intuitive physics.
The question I would ask, why are you interested in College in the first place?
If you want to make alot of money, get a 2 year degree in a hand's on skill, then get a 2 year certification in business operations, and open your own shop, and hire others to work with and for you.

If you don't believe that's a good way to make money, enjoy your meaningless debt.
Nobody in the real world really cares about where the paper is from, they care about what you have done with the knowledge since you got it.

>Dieing for Israel

>engineering (not too sure on this one)
"Oh no, maybe we'll run out of stuff to make"
KEK... almost any engineering is useful.

Oh fuck, nevermind, I realize you were addressing OP's lack of math skills. Fuck... it's too late.

the "right" stem, as in
1.med school or
2.engineering
3.comp sci
and not meme engineering, or math or random meme sciences degree
and not "pre med but i suck so i am going to try and major in biology but then i realized no one needs biologists so now i am a teacher"
and def not meme computer technologies and "computer tech science"

actually fuck it OP if you had any trouble with math, you need a trade

Attached: 1513834190352.jpg (460x322, 29K)

Marketing. Possibly with a pharmacy minor. With the aim at going into pharma sales. Probably the most well paying career for people who are of average intelligence as long as you can speak to people.

Or go to a technical school and become really good at a one well paying trade like welding or electrical work. With the long term aim at ultimately going into business for yourself.

>math is not in question

Dont go to college go to trade school

Well you’re first mistake is asking others what you should do with your life. This might seem harsh but figure it out yourself

Business sounds more your thing. They basically teach you a bit of everything and makes for a springboard toward early jobs and internship. Mental illness is not an excuse to slack off, so shut the fuck up about it.
However, I also recommend putting your mental disability to use and get some sweet accommodations from the college's resources. It's like free money, so take it.