I don't get it

I don't get it.

Mars.

Let's all go to mars.

OK, LETS DIE FROM BONE AND MUSCLE LOSS AND RADIATION.

Meanwhile we can live in the atmosphere of Venus and survive.

youtube.com/watch?v=krt9RjAL50Q&feature=youtu.be

Home.

Attached: wm7fc7vebbb01.jpg (998x500, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S037877531631641X
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Go to Venus
>Make sky city
>One of the balloons pops, or one of the propellors breaks down
>Plunged into the literal hell that is the planet's surface
Yeah nah mate, you go first

>go to sky high bar
>find 3.14qt asian venus gf
>buy her some drinks and some for you too
>she says to come to her bubble house
>you’re too drunk and can’t walk straight
>end up falling to the surface and DYING

transhumanism BTFO

>Meanwhile we can live in the atmosphere of Venus and survive.
And do what there? There are no resources in the atmosphere of Venus to mine.
>OK, LETS DIE FROM BONE AND MUSCLE LOSS
We do not know if that would happen at Mars's level of gravity, as the only data we have regarding gravity's effects on the human body long term is 1G and 0G. It may be that we only require .1G. It may be that even .9G is not enough. We don't know, and neither do you, so why are you saying that like its a certainty?

i am 100% sure that if humanity ever settles on mars they’ll find a way to counter that radiation
greenhouse effect perhaps

I prefer earth, thank you.

Underground homes, magnetic umbrellas (or magnetic mushrooms), and personal magnetic shielding built into space suits directly have all been suggested.

We should drop off some sulfur reducing bacteria there.

give the settlers crack and just watch them do they don’t need protection

>we made earth shit
>let's go make other planets shit

Give them Meth and they won't even need space suits.
They will need some way to get the bees out of their teeth though.

>we can live in the atmosphere of venus
so just orbit venus? bc the surface is not livable

just settle earth’s orbit then?

>And do what there? There are no resources in the atmosphere of Venus to mine.
There's carbon.

Lots of carbon, which could be used to create carbon nanofiber.

Mass effect mars colony how do they have sex, well they connect their suits..

You know it! but we need to find a lifeform that can deal with the acid.

Not entirely at the beginning.

Terraforming would take about 10 years maybe more to remove the toxic atmosphere with bacteria.

Venus and Mars are already shit, user.

so whats stopping you from going there?

A floating base on Venus would have to be constantly moving to stay along the terminator where it's neither too sunny or too dark. While it would only need to move at something like 6kmh to maintain position, it would be fighting 200+kmh winds in the high altitudes it would be floating at.

wasn't there some bacteria in salt lake that didn't match any existing organism genetically and assimilated everything it came into contact with including amonia?

but can ya pump diesel? cuz i aint goin nowhere without muh truck

You'll wanna source what it is.

As i've never heard of it.

Attached: DuNU_26WwAALBCw.jpg (1024x538, 132K)

>acid
Thermoacidophiles+genetic engineering+sulphur reduction

tried finding that article but fuck if I know what it's name was, just remember reading about it a few years back, tried googling it now and I found salt lake bacteria being used in fuel cells and salt lake bacteria being used for waste water purification, don't think it's the same bacteria I read about but fuck if we can make self renewing organic batteries we dn't need to colonize shit, we can just perpetually renew our atmosphere with ionization

sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S037877531631641X

This?

yep, pretty cool concept getting bacteria to recharge a battery perpetually, would send the guys money if I wasn't a poor balkanigger

Neither do I. Space colonization. Let's waste untold wealth on shooting rockets into space rocks that we'll never be able to utilize for anything with existing technology in propulsion and materials, and even if the said technology would allow it one day, extremely hostile environment would make it extremely difficult.

Meanwhile, we have deserts, and we have oceans that are 1000000 times more habitable (and actually available for exploitation with current technologies) and completely untapped...

yeah I mean we could make non-self sufficient air balloons on venus but why? venus is definitely the best target for human colonization in our solar system, we just have to focus on removing much of the atmosphere.

>OK, LETS DIE FROM BONE AND MUSCLE
Gravity is not that weak, and you can use weights
>LOSS AND RADIATION.
hobbit dwellings

The only thing i would miss from earth is the forests and oceans.

But the ocean is spooky user. It's got all those creepy fuckin fish in it. I'd rather waste untold billions of paper money and ink exploring the cosmos.

Oceans are dying.

Plastic is litearlly creating large sections of nothing but death.

No fish.

No living creatures.

Anything in that area just dies..

Only thing that can survive in it is a species built for death.

The jelly fish.

They will be the only living creature in the seas of death, even the dagons will be gone.

>t.

Attached: call of cthulhu game review main.jpg (633x356, 48K)

What resources can we not make on venus?

We can make air.

We can make food.

We make materials to expand.

non-self sufficient in what context would you mind explaining?

Not really. No matter how fucked up our planet's ecology will become, it'll still be much more exploitable than other planets - which are simply uncolonizable, with no option to establish self-sufficient, or even stable living quarters.

Squids will obviously survive. They've survived each cataclysm since the beginning of life, because they can simply retire to the depths.

Instead let's spend billions of dollars flying resources thousands of kilometers away. Spend that money on useful technology or nuclear energy, fire all the retard fluffer at nasa and use the money to pay minimum wage jobs cleaning rubbish up

ecology depends upon all the systems working as one if you eliminate an entire whole then how will the others function at peak?

They can't because their missing an integrated part.

It's like trying to start a car without the battery.

Maybe if you push start you'll get somewhere but as soon as you stop your done.

Your right, user.

We should but people are picky shits otherwise we'd have a society like japan everywhere and a new golden age.

So? Life is extremely resilient and adaptable. While there are fragile species fuck them, Humans aren't one of them.

Mars lives matter

Actually we are.

We require, Air.

We require, Food.

Without those wholes we don't get either.