Trump now claims he ‘never said’ Mexico would pay for the wall. But he did – a lot

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-mexico-wall-funding-money-pay-us-border-government-shutdown-trade-deal-a8721341.html

>Donald Trump has claimed that, despite his repeated promises that Mexico would pay for a wall on US southern border, he “obviously never meant Mexico would write a cheque”.

>Mr Trump’s website for his 2016 campaign had previously stated that the border country would make a “one-time payment of “$5-$10 billion”.

>Instead, the president most recently claimed that Mexico would pay for the wall through changes to trade policy his administration has negotiated to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement. That new deal, the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), has not been approved by congress yet but the president said on Thursday that it ”probably will be”.

>The USMCA will mean Mexico will be “paying for wall indirectly, many, many times over”, Mr Trump said on Thursday. He then boarded Air Force One to fly to McAllen, Texas, where he hopes to drum up support for congressional approval for US taxpayer funding to build the wall.

>The president has amended his promise that Mexico would pay for the wall several times over the past couple of years that he has been in office, but his statement on Thursday is one of the first times that he has explicitly denied those earlier promises of direct payment.

Attached: 1496220617_u-s-president-donald-trump.jpg (694x450, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/193822743/
washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-explains-how-donald-trump-plans-to-pay-for-border-wall/2007/?noredirect=on
nationalpost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadians-not-mexicans-represent-largest-number-of-visa-overstays-in-the-u-s-according-to-department-of-homeland-security/amp?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ==#referrer=https://www.google.com&_tf=From %1$s&share=https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadians-not-mexicans-represent-largest-number-of-visa-overstays-in-the-u-s-according-to-department-of-homeland-security
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sage and hide weekend shill threads.

he is right you know

america doesn't care, they never cared, it's like supporting a football team. perfect 50/50, perfect setup for a civil war and splitting society.
>divide + conquer
imagine voting for creepy cruz instead of the other guy

Trump is a dishonest piece of shit president, what's new?

Understand the holohoax psyop and what jews have done to the West post-WW2.

Read through this thread, it's all there...

Redpilling normies is the ONLY battle that matters now. Redpill them and the rest will work itself out.

Attached: (((the media))).jpg (6244x3212, 2.1M)

Sure it will

really don't care, doesn't change the fact that we need a wall, doesn't change the fact that tariffs and the wall and less immigrants will help our economy and help pay for it

the word "would" is inserted. the actual writing implies Mex COULD as the smoothest option.

fukn media scum, both them and the npc sewer tier understanding of grammar and tense

#NotMyPresident

this whole thing can be avoided if conservatives would just admit they're wrong. Why are they so stubborn and childish?

No he is not.

Attached: 1563245345.jpg (943x527, 105K)

wrong about what, exactly?

This. No one gives a shit, we just want to kill each other. It's not about who pays for what, it's about who hangs for what.

To be fair he is one of the more obnoxious liars in the long history of lying piece of shit presidents, but yeah this.

trump cucks on suicide watch. looks like he’s no better than any other politician. so much for drain the swamp

wrong to believe Trump, obviously

No he never said they would write a check

build the wall

Attached: 1385630566577.png (2069x2681, 414K)

The idea that the majority of drugs are trafficked through border hoppers. We need to be dismantling tunnels, and putting tighter security checkpoints for air travel. The drug cartels love the wall, and it means they get to keep smuggling unimpeded.

>no better than any other politician
that was the attitude before trump then everyone poured their faith into him for whatever reason that's irrelevant now waking up is whats important here

Attached: 156657567567.jpg (766x711, 137K)

> (OP)
>this whole thing can be avoided if conservatives would just admit they're wrong. Why are they so stubborn and childish?

can't admit a border defines a country.
cant admit defending said border is required to stay a country.
calls those who wish to both protect and clearly define said border childish.

what was wrong again??? enlighten us

Lol

People actually understood him to mean Mexico was literally going to cut a big fat check for the wall? Are you really that retarded, or just pretending to be? Apparently stuff like connotation, analogy and nuance is lost on you.

Attached: b29.jpg (680x1058, 86K)

>the president most recently claimed that Mexico would pay for the wall through changes to trade policy his administration has negotiated
Do magatards not realize that's still american money? It was americans that worked hard to provide quality goods and services, it was American companies that sold those products in Mexico, it was Americans that received the monetary benefits of all their hard work and it was Americans that Trump taxed to pay for his wall. All that wealth was created by Americans, not Mexicans.

lol u sir are bottom tier peoples, unable to formulate even pre-K level argument. best to just lurk, obviously

>if you don't spend 20 billion of taxpayer money on a massive wall that doesn't even matter because most illegal immigrants are here on overstayed visas and came in airplanes, the border no longer exists and you basically don't even have a country any more
jesus christ

Attached: 1527176847625.png (390x336, 118K)

what the fuck are you on about?
trump never said mexico will pay for the wall.

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

Attached: 1546798813336.png (636x1033, 23K)

>Trump says Mexico will pay for the wall, literally on video
>a million memes were born because of this statement
>Trump now says he never said it
>Trump now says Mexico won't pay for the wall
>American citizens will have to pay for it
>"lol he never said mexicans would pay for it"
We're the most cucked country on earth

Attached: 1538536895127.png (500x489, 258K)

lets simplify for you
i own all 100 houses in the neighborhood
you mow each 1x thru thr 1st week of the month for $20 a pc
but lately u n ur boyz b leavin trash behind
so i call u in and say $15 a house or i terminate contract
u have no choice, i have densest concentration of homes for hundred miles.
u reluctantly agree, with caveat you want me to provide water, i agree
i now take $500 - $25 for water, $475 and pay my grandson $100 to pick up ur trash for 20mins.

got what i wanted, paid my family more for less work than u do, and still could either view the remaining $375 as earnings or savings.

me = usa
u = mexico
mowing = drug coming in, deport cost, no shows for xouri, no pays for birthing, cost of deaths by repeat drunk drivers, cost of repairing damaged property by gangs, etc
grandson = border patrol

He never said they'd straight up send us a check prior to building it, anyone who thought so doesn't know our government operates on a system of fiscal year budget approvals. Even IF Mexico gave us a check today, we couldn't use that money until next year.

It's so telling that the (((media))), which has had the biggest hard on ever witnessed previously in all of human history to destroy DJT, and the best they can do is...
>"GUISE!!! GUISE!!! One of BLUMPFH's campaign promises was kinda sketchy on the details of how he is going to accomplish it!" and
>"BLUMPFHGT had an intern say on his freaking website for multiple hours that the wall would be a "one-time payment" by the shithole known as the Mexicunt gov't as opposed to a renegotiated trade deal that will end up saving the country >$100,000,000,000 ON TOP OF PAYING FOR THE WALL over the life of said trade deal! How CAN AnyOnE STanD SuCh DISHONESTY FROM A POLITICIAN?!?!!"

I mean it's not like EVERY SINGLE OTHER POTUS has ever had a miss on a campaign promise EVER BEFORE!!! How can ANYONE NOT WANT TO IMPEACH BLUMPFGHT RIGHT FREAKING NOW?!!"

Even with EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE ROADBLOCK KNOWN TO MANKIND Trump really has been the most honest and reliable on his campaign promises of ANY POTUS in my lifetime and the only reason he hasn't accomplished every single one of his campaign promises ALREADY, and he still might get there as he isn't even 60% of his way through his first freaking term, is 100% BECAUSE of the media not holding the swampy DC rotten lot of Congress members feet to the fire to do EXACTLY what DJT was elected to do by the American people.

Honestly, outside of George Washington, DJT is on pace to be THE best POTUS in the history of this country.

Attached: 1776 Trumpshot.gif (460x198, 2.52M)

>>Mr Trump’s website for his 2016 campaign had previously stated that the border country would make a “one-time payment of “$5-$10 billion”.

Trump isn't in charge of the website, so Trump is still right in that he never said that Mexico would directly pay for it with a lump sum.

>he drug cartels love the wall, and it means they get to keep smuggling unimpeded.

Possibly one of the dumbest posts I have read this week

this is truly gibberish

so whose ideas were written in the website? the webdevs?

fucking christ trumptards are a bunch of retards

Can you name a single policy that would reduce illegal immigration by half as the border wall will? Border wall has the potential to get rid of nearly all the illegal immigrants coming through the southern border. Is there anything as simple as building a wall that will stop people from places like poland overstaying their Visa's?

The webdevs wrote something Trump never said. Can you specify exactly where Trump said it would be a one time payment, ANYWHERE? No, you can't, because it was never said.

I do t care one way or the other as long as you kvetch, kike

SAGE AND HIDE

nice analysis m8... I can concur!

Attached: 170712202623-02-donald-trump-0712-exlarge-169.jpg (780x438, 51K)

lol

Yeah, that has to be the product of that user being on at least day #3 of some type of stimulant binge as I challenge anyone to even determine if his "scenario" is pro or anti-Trump.

Attached: Herbert The Pervert.gif (498x276, 444K)

>HES GIVING YOU A BLUE CAR INSTED OF A RED CAR!!! HE SAID RED!!! AREN'T YOU MAD?
no.

no, "it was never said", except in a memo from Trump himself to the WaPo

washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-explains-how-donald-trump-plans-to-pay-for-border-wall/2007/?noredirect=on

so what now? WaPo IS FAKE NEWS? Trump didn't mean what he said?

Attached: zgf.png (812x764, 725K)

You'd have to be mentally deficient to think he meant Mexico would literally just cut a check for the wall. It was pretty obvious he meant Mexico would pay for it indirectly through renegotiated trade deals and/or tariffs. The other thing he brought up constantly during his campaign was how we were getting shafted on trade.

see
faggot
MUH 367D dice

>
>no, "it was never said", except in a memo from Trump himself to the WaPo
>washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-explains-how-donald-trump-plans-to-pay-for-border-wall/2007/?noredirect=on
>so what now? WaPo IS FAKE NEWS? Trump didn't mean what he said?

did u read it? how about subject line? keywors COMPELLING mexico... that implies he hopes it goes this way. doesnt mean it will

Who the fuck actually ever though mexico would literally pay for it

Trump is doing the best he can

Wrong. Trump has support of barely 30% of the country. Have you ever seen an actual Trump supporter debate somebody irl? They're fucking dumb as rocks. There will be no civil war you idiot. The sides are incredible unbalanced in favor of people who dont like Trump. Shocker: most people who dont like Trump aren't even "leftists". Trumptards doesnt get that because they are stuck in far right echo chambers, full of alt right ideological narratives and propaganda

The wall will not reduce illegal immigration “by half” because far more than 50% of illegal immigration is not overland.

A policy like a national ID system that is required for employment would help reduce immigrants from “like Poland” from undercutting American wages.

You're genuinely retarded if you think Trump himself wrote that.

Literally every single Trumptard believed Mexico would pay for it. Trump was telling about it until he realized himself that he was dumb and wrong, then he started begging Congress for the money. You got got, retard. He said what he needed to say to get votes, just like Shillary. You were played

My entire life no longer makes sense... DotR POSTPONED 1-HOUR or until I can make sense of what just happened!

Attached: DotR -POSTPONED!-.png (1700x1000, 133K)

The majority of illegals in this country are canadians who overstayed their Visas.

sources, please, faggots

build the wall, lock her up, build the wall, lock her up, build the wall, lock her up, build the wall, lock her up, build the wall, lock her up, build the wall, lock her up, build the wall, lock her up,

Is this literally the only thing going through trump supports heads?

Americans are pretty stupid for the most part.

>I never thought that
>yes you did
>no, really, we knew the money for the wall wou-
>YOU BELIEVED THIS THING

When will you all tire of losing?

Attached: 5D3B4A54-87EA-46D0-94CD-D74D82D1323C.gif (470x470, 163K)

They really think Trump's base cares that Mexico isn't personally writing a $5 billion check to Trump. huh?

I've seen these threads spammed like crazy the last few weeks.

>the president most recently claimed that Mexico would pay for the wall through changes to trade policy

He said something like this a long time ago, probably in 2016.

>meme magic MAGApedes!
What makes you think Trump is still winning? He doesnt even have support of Congress anymore. His "wall" is a shitty fence. His administration is nothing but crony corporatists. He has less than 40% overall support from the country at this point.

Just go away retard shills. 30 million illegals and counting, it affects labor supply of the poor, and it kills natives.

According to Pew, between 4 and 5.5 million foreigners entered the United States with a legal visa, accounting for between 33–50% of the total population
he Pew Hispanic Center estimated that 6–7 million immigrants came to the United States via illegal entry

If you're looking at who came in in 2017, then yes, it's estimated that 700k people overstayed their Visa's. By the end of 2017, it was 600,000, which means 100k had left.

While around 350k were APPREHENDED within 100 miles of the border. Meaning that 350k are the ones they have CAUGHT. The number that doesn't get caught is simply unknown.

Half of the illegals from South America don't even officially work. They are arrested for crimes like homicide at a higher rate than citizens, they use more of the system than they put in (US loses billions from illegals every year), etc. etc.

A wall, like in Israel, would stop nearly all people trying to cross the border. That's hundreds of thousands of people. Then Trump can also work on implementing something that will stop people on work visa's from overstaying, which is a much harder problem to tackle.

Bang for buck, having a wall is the single greatest, and easiest thing that can be done to curb illegal immigration. Literally zero reasons not to do it.

>he “obviously never meant Mexico would write a cheque”.

100% accurate information.

>he has explicitly denied those earlier promises of direct payment.

Cite these alleged promises. They don't exist.

>implying he ever had control of Congress
The DNC and GOP hate Trump dumbass

>has less than 40% of support from the country
Considering that 99% of the country are brainwashed retards who care more about social media than politics, 40% is pretty good

Why are retarded burgers like you incapable of critical thinking? You've probably never even heard of Saul Alinsky have you

>A wall, like in Israel, would stop nearly all people trying to cross the border.

you are stupid, fuk off back to your trump cave.

Do you honestly thing 5billion will build his stupid wall...fence...do you honestly think it will stop illegals like israel.

Fake news coming from a nigger Lib cuck no surprise.

Attached: get-em-out-t9wl8y[1].jpg (600x400, 34K)

>source: your ass
A one time payment was one option to make mexico pay. He had like 4 other on the website.

5 billion is a start, yes. And yeah, it worked for israel, it worked for hungary, can you give me a single reason why it wouldn't work for the US?

Leave already then.

>can you give me a single reason why it wouldn't work for the US?

Because he doesn't want it to.

It would make it harder for them to cross the border. They can't swim in the gulf of Mexico without getting eaten by sharks and the gulf is patrolled by the Navy so they wouldn't be able to cross by boat either. Add that to the added border security and passing through becomes a lot harder than before unless you have a Visa

>I pay u less than normal for being a scumbag, meaning I've extra budget for other things
>"lol wut does that mean"

the thing you don't seem to understand is the people who voted for him, don't really care if they pay for the wall, just as long as it is actually built. Stating this does absolutely nothing to demoralize his base.

>zooming in on half of a sentence in a two page memo of possible wall funding contingencies
this is why the media is a joke... fact checking is myopically picking apart a strawman and smugly going AHA! SEE! SEE!

The fact that we're having this debate means shitlibs have already accepted that a wall will be built. LMAO

5D chess. They're taking the bait, hard. Can they stop themselves from reflexively contradicting Trump before it's too late? (No)

Attached: 22ND-DIMENSIONAL-ULLAMALITZLI.png (600x534, 778K)

>lets simplify for you
Don't fucking tell me that US schools are legit.This faggot really thinks this makes sense.

Yes he never meant Mexico would write a check. he said repeatedly the taxpayers would front the money and we would garnish aid to them or several other methods to be reimbursed. Fake news as usual.

This wall shit is fucking hilarious. What's actually less sad than funny is that this was 100% predictable. Anyone with half a brain could tell that there was no way in fucking hell MX would pay for the wall. First Trump calls them rapists and criminals, then MX is supposed to pay for the wall (to ostensibly keep said rapists and criminals on their side of the fence)? What kind of a MX politician, even if he wanted to, could even suggest paying for such a wall and not face exile? What's even more pathetic is that Trump did not worry about the wall for his FIRST TWO FUCKING YEARS of the presidency. He waited till dems got power before the wall suddenly became the most important single issue in this country. What a shitshow. I can't decide who is dumber - Trump or the magaretards who bought his bullshit.

Turn off your webcam faggot

Attached: lisxcijej.jpg (505x332, 24K)

Oh shit, you got me mr. haxx0r.. Oh wait, I don't have a webcam.
So.. much .. butthurt. Keep crying, magaretard.

it's shill if it's exposing Trump's hypocrisy?

There is nothing hypocritical about what trump said. He said they would pay in ways towards the wall, but not directly.. You're grasping

Trump is a fucking moron

>spergs about nothing like a low IQ retard
>"hurr durr why cant you critically think"
Epic post my dude. Based and redpilled xD

Trumptards are experiencing a LOT of pain right now. They know they fucked up - they got conned by a retarded fatass, so what does it make them? Still, they are just doubling down. If Trump so much as builds a white picket fence fit for a child's playhouse, Trumptards will claim victory. Actually, if he builds nothing, they will blame Dems and claim victory because all the furloughing "hurt the deep state". Because, you know, every federal employee is a democrat, especially every FBI employee. Just Trumplogic for you.

Source is the department of homeland security. Eat shit you dumb maga faggot

nationalpost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadians-not-mexicans-represent-largest-number-of-visa-overstays-in-the-u-s-according-to-department-of-homeland-security/amp?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ==#referrer=https://www.google.com&_tf=From %1$s&share=https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadians-not-mexicans-represent-largest-number-of-visa-overstays-in-the-u-s-according-to-department-of-homeland-security

At yet he could NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP about how MEXICO was going to pay for it? He shouted that over and over. Ask any magaretard outside of Jow Forums and they will tell you that that is exactly what Trump promised. He did not deliver it in a nuanced way. There was 'maybe'. No voter cared what some bullshit campaign site said. Just KYS already retard.

Settle down gay boy. No one cares about how much you hate Trump. Every shitlib on here posts your group-think,

Here's what you know for sure:

There will be a wall.
No one gives a shit who pays for it
Democrats future voting base will be locked out
Communism averted

Now go back to lining up shiny things on
the windowsill.

Attached: libkidds.jpg (830x821, 101K)

We could solve this whole wall /government shutdown with one well placed...

Attached: 1545361716797.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>No one gives a shit who pays for it
Magatards deeply care about it. Just admit that you are a brainlet and work on finding a new Kremlin-puppet so fellate.

he refuted your points, you on the other hand, have said nothing of value. go back.

>Trump now claims he ‘never said’ Mexico would pay for the wall.
> he “obviously never meant Mexico would write a cheque”.
haha these kikes and their lies holy shit.

It's desperation.

Nice Photoshop nigger keep it up you lib cucks gonna face god one day.

>Photoshop
>lib cucks
youre an embarassment

>We could solve this

Step out from under the skirt of the cunt who raised you and we'll get to it.

Attached: approvedwall2.jpg (1194x567, 75K)

>You're genuinely retarded if you think Trump himself wrote that.
who wrote it then?