Be boomer/Gen X'er

>Be boomer/Gen X'er
>Spend £2 million building a house like pic related as part of some vainglorious vanity project
>'It's only £300,000 over budget, I think we can cover that'

youtube.com/watch?v=cPp-g4Qpk6Q

>Be me
>23
>Spending £1000 a month to rent a shoebox sized room in London with a flatmate
>Work in central london so have no choice.

Why is this fair?

Time and time again I see boomers and gen X who had it easy in life live in an actual nice home, while I live crammed into some crummy apartment like a sardine paying 40% of my monthly wage on rent.

What's more puzzling is why no one my age is doing anything about this? We grumble at work but that's all it ever amounts to.

Attached: grand designs.jpg (1500x1000, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6406497/Grand-Designs-House-Year-2018-Extreme-Houses.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OvSDIbikprY&t=852s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm addicted to these shows even though they rile me up. The obliviousness of the owners on just how privileged their position is, is astounding.

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6406497/Grand-Designs-House-Year-2018-Extreme-Houses.html

>pic related

The Rothschild owned house which was featured in an episode.

Attached: rothschild house.jpg (1459x573, 143K)

>Why is this fair?
Because you and what you do s less important than whoever bought that place.

Why is that?
That's the question you're not asking yourself.

Attached: 337px-Porte_de_l'enfer_Musée_d'Orsay_01.jpg (337x450, 46K)

you have bad taste if you want to live in anything made of glass

Attached: dayoftherakeplease.png (1200x791, 1.92M)

That house looks like a lego experiment.

More glass, means more natural light. Provided you don't want to live in perpetual twilight and you're away from nosy neighbours glass is king.

without anything for the sun to hit, there is no aesthetic. You live in normie housing. A tasteless weak human.

Attached: europeanarchitecture.jpg (1080x1350, 575K)

>why do people that worked 40 years more than me have more money

How much are you earning?
Will your boss pay travel fees if you live outside of London?
If not I would not bother working in some mould ridden room in a black neighbourhood

I live in Whitechapel, it's near both work (Canary wharf) and London proper which is the only reason I live there.

I doubt my bosses, I've got about 12, will pay travel fees. Big companies don't deviate from the basic benefits packages given to graduates.

I used to live in New Cross and worked at the ledger building (wetherspoons) at canary wharf.
Surely you could find a place cheaper across the river try looking at Deptford, Lewisham, new cross. They get a bad reputation but I think any place would be better than Whitechapel.
How close are you to that huge mosque?

>huge mosque

Londonistan is not a meme

I think about this topic almost daily. Our generation have been screwed over big time.
I live in Vancouver or Hongcouver nowadays. Am I supposed to slave away everyday for 40 years so I can afford a 1 bedroom condo in a shit part of town, fucking ridiculous.
Government didn't regulate at all with the foreign buyers of course because they are all boomer home owning cunts. And they wont do anything now either, don't want their property value to drop.
I have been seriously thinking of resorting to crime, robbing these cunts homes, worst case I get free rent for a few years with some occasional butt love.
Sorry just had to vent

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

>renting
you were retarded from birth

Ugh, whitechapel. Den of degenerates and LGBT freaks. I hate working there.

Pic related is not a nice home. Sure it's big and spacious. But it's devoid of life. It's square with white walls. The Jews want to destroy our beautiful architecture.

Move away from the city and work from home then

What on earth possessed you to work here?

It's more a home than some cookie cutter semi detached, considering the owners actually designed it and built it themselves. I'd love to live in it but unfortunately that privilege is the preserve of Boomers and Gen Xers.

I can't. I work in financial services for a global company so I can't just up and leave.

Move somewhere else.
I was able to buy an apartment here for less than what is now my yearly gross salary and I'm less than 40 minutes from any point in the city (20 minutes from work).
London's a fucking shithole anyway.

Have you looked at house prices in London? The bongs got jewed hard.

>in London

Found your problem

I have more of an issue with it having giant fucking glass walls everywhere.
Your home is supposed to feel safe and private.

god i love seeing you poorfags struggle hahahahahaha

Attached: Alien.jpg (2742x4082, 886K)

That too. I just hate modern houses.

>so i better get jewed anyway but monthly

You can always just up and leave. Never forget that you are your own master.

It's not that it's better, it's that for most bongs it's their only option. No bank will lend over half a million to some young faggot that makes less than £40k a year.

Guys is anyone else sleepy...

>believing in fair
>not in the right of the strongest
keep crying why no one is giving you free shit fucking millennial scumboy

>why do I make only $2500 a month in a notoriously over crowded and expensive city
>why am I only worth $2500 a month
>why don't I have the same nice things someone more than twice my ages has
>why do I have to make decisions?

look at yourself and ask yourself these questions before you start blaming others

They wouldn't have been able to afford it at 23 either, you entitled zoomer faggot.

>gen X
You mean slightly younger boomers?

I hate the light. I'll be installing black out curtains on every window so more windows is a downside for me

>Provided you don't want to live in perpetual twilight
Who doesn't?

Boomers arent in the habit of spending money the way our gen does. They save more and they have also been working for 30 years longer than you.

My biggest upset is that the boomers and gen x'ers had vastly more economic opportunities. Low-IQ, high-paying industry jobs that existed back then don't exist now, and the boomers made sure to yank all the ladders up behind them. Can't have competition.

You're not alone, leaf.

The great financial collapse of our time will fix it all and we will start fresh.

We will be the boomers someday.

Attached: 12239084098309.jpg (1967x1564, 341K)

I miss Jacob.

Attached: C21168A3-2031-4B7B-9FD6-6265F002EDB6.jpg (705x1024, 393K)

>Boomers arent in the habit of spending money the way our gen does.
So what you're saying is boomers = jews

bot

Attached: the_architekt.png (1028x675, 829K)

kek I can see my apartment in that image

>worst case I get free rent for a few years with some occasional butt love.
If you're cute we can work something out

Attached: If-you-know-what-i-mean.jpg (400x400, 105K)

Except for the part where boomers ran up tens of trillions in government debt then handed the bill to their kids.

>What's more puzzling is why no one my age is doing anything about this?
they put virtue signalling above their own well being, i've seen Greens politicians lament that their own children won't own jack shit and they were very content and accepting of it

i am so sick of having a much lesser social standing than my inferiors, they're all just property developers/investors, money lenders, boomers, they can't even build these towers properly here because they privatised the certifying, absolute pig fucking lowlife scum cunt fucks

It's worse than that. They ran up trillions in debt, and sold the rights to that credit to themselves in the form of bonds. And THEN they handed the bill to us.

What are you even saying?

I recently moved to GTA and working in a construction at Toronto suburbs. No houses smaller than 4000 feet and cheaper than 2 millions ever built, and for 6 month im working there i'm yet to met white buyer, except a couple of jews here and there.

learn english faggot

>parents bought 3 bedroom semi detached in 1990 for £76k
>sold it for £450k in 2015

How in the fuck am I supposed to compete with this inflation - My dad's salary didn't increase that much at all between those years, but he was lucky because he got the mortgage on the low value. Meanwhile I'm earning more than he ever did but rent a fucking ROOM from my friend because he managed to get a job with Deloitte and bought a £270k shitty flat in crayford with his girlfriend

Where is that money coming from? I cannot believe that there are that many rich chinks.

>you have bad taste if you want to live in anything made of glass

Nigga in Canada bulding in glass is fucking retarded. We get up to -30 in winter and +30 in summer.

This Toronto monstrosity is a fucking ant-hill. 60% inhabited by immigrants with rich parents. They're no more than 500sqf or 49 square meters which is perfect for chongs and pajeets and arab pricessses who never cooked anything in their life.
The other 40% is pimped on airbnb making the living in those buildings unberable for the other 60%.

That construction is fucking shoddy, costs a fortune to heat and to maintain since those glass pannels end up falling after 15-20 years.
Remeber the promoter isn't building this for himself but to make a quick profit.

hardly any Gen X'ers can afford that shit.. it's Boomer territory only. Sure, Millennials are poorer than Gen X, and Zoomers will be poorer than Millennials but please don't lop us Gen X'ers in with the Boomers.

t. Gen X

i know at least half a dozen people that start out at 16$/hr at starbux, I wouldn't call that highskilled at all.

My old man bought a second and third investment property. Instead of providing me a great opportunity to pay one off and raise a family (by extension, his family), he sold them to buy a yacht.

Boomers cant die soon enough.

PAY THE PONZI

Attached: evolutionwelfarestate.png (600x500, 200K)

ahmed kids thank you for your service user

Attached: welfarestatefuckthisshitvenezuela.jpg (1536x817, 419K)

You are so generous that you also pay for the pension system that will no longer exist after generation X.

You are such a good person user , thank you in all honestly.

Attached: genderpension.jpg (530x818, 105K)

Let me reframe it for him
>be engineer
>make above average for my field
>cheapest price for a non-refugee apartment complex is $990
>engineers making average wage 30 years ago were already 1/4 way through their mortgage on a house that would sell for $350,000 today
It's just unfortunate is all

>Spending £1000 a month to rent a shoebox sized room in London with a flatmate
DEATH TO THE ETERNAL URBANITE!

Attached: 1538527614687.jpg (251x242, 19K)

Exactly, I don't think these kids have any idea exactly how hard we got fucked by our parents. We are in the same boat, all of us, genx, millenials, gen z's, alphas. This is all trickle down shit that started with our (genx) parents. I'm sorry bros. We were 14 when this happened. We didn't have the power to stop it.

Some people just know how to make money or earned it through inheritance.

London is a Shithole anyways, that place is overpriced anyhow.

I do agree however there should be a standardized pricing system for apartments so you don't pay a ridiculous amount of money for basically a ROOM in a middle of the city that you could use to cover twice the monthly cost you would have to rent a house a little bit further away.

Well my Gen X partners and senior associates at work are certainly doing A-OK.

I look around me and most of my friends are scraping by doing menial work at coffee shops or libraries, even with degrees. I don't think it was ever that bad for Gen X, but it's a constant reality for millenials.

i work in london but can't afford to move too far away from london because not only would it take up way too much of my day to travel in, but the travel cost ends up completely negating the fact that i'd have cheaper accommodation

Meanwhile my job as a test consultant would pay SIGNIFICANTLY less elsewhere in the country, again negating lower housing prices. This job also doesn't fucking exist outside of a large city with a good IT sector.

I'm fucking trapped.

You must have shit parents, my lolsinglemom parent is leaving me 4 houses in US and new zealand.

The security film used to laminate high quality large glass panels is very very sturdy.
The glass panels might actually be stronger than a lot of typical wall materials.
The main drawback s that the windows cost a fortune, and likely have to be specially ordered.
The other drawback is that over time, the color and clarity of sheet glass can change, makng it harder to match new windows to older ones if one breaks.

Dude, over 50% of our workforce are underemployed (less than 15 hours per week). Don't let anectdotal evidence blind you.
>Gen x partners and senior associates
Implies you are in a fairly affluent workspace. Now go to the supermarket and look at all the gen x there that want to suicide.
Indeed. Be thankful for the silver spoon. Most of our parents sold theirs.

What I don't understand is how sometimes when I look at these shiny new apartments I see the likes of Ethiopian families with 3-5 kids exiting them.

Do they get given it by the council or are they able to afford it themselves?

Just pull yourself up by your bootstraps
That's what I did

Both.
They "afford them" by being given a very well payed "job" by kikes

The fuck

>scams the government for money
>is italian
checks out 100%
Based Sergia

Huge silent subsidies. They're also provided with free tuition. Strange how you always see Shaneequa in the papers, flaunting her degrees, considering they only fled her mudhut villiage for economic asylum 2 years earlier.

some Gen X'ers do fine, that is true.. especially those who already came from riches, but that hardly controversial news. The truth is though, that Gen X is the first generation that will, collectively, be worse off than their parents. Google it, it's an outrage but no one cares.
>my lolsinglemom parent is leaving me 4 houses in US and new zealand
how did she come by that kind of wealth, one might ask?

>Be thankful for the silver spoon

I made 1.2M off bullshit crypto in 2017 just because of Jow Forums, i feel like ya'll working too hard and too dumb. Only job i ever even had was grocery store bagger when i was 16.

How is being an uber driver a well paid job?

These families look materially poor judging from their clothes and the fact that the kids always have state school uniforms on.

Mamma mia user , those are dangerous tought , what the hell have they been teaching at school for you to think such a stupid thing.

Didn´t your boomer and genx teachers tought you that the state dindu nuffin and that we needed more state so they could retire early and have government jobs.

Seriously go to school again user you clearly did not learn anything.

Attached: 1528110933107.png (250x202, 8K)

It doesn't matter how sturdy it is, you still feel like anyone could walk up and spy on you etc.

How can one go about acquiring these subsidies?

They have curtains.

she became a doctor, she also grew up homeless so nothing was inherited.

No, i'm talking about NGO, founation, charity jobs.
Being a token, a puppet, a walking symbol.
The nigger talking on TV, the one speaking at some jew funded (((diversity))) festival or fundraiser.
The rest are given those homes.

How did you initially buy the crypto? Let me guess, single, no kids. Big risk. Big reward. You are an outlier.
Be black obviously.

they still call him "she" and "her" while describing how hes scamming them

Attached: 13561963_1050272041725834_1508533860_n.jpg (480x480, 29K)

>Big risk. Big reward.

Someone on /b/ was giving away bitcoin for free so i said fuck it and made a wallet and got some, then later when Jow Forums was spamming eth in every thread I bought a bunch of them for 30 cents each.

>You are an outlier.

True but i became a literal millionaire via Jow Forums nonetheless

lol right

House price inflation asset policy to divvy up existing housing stock to be targeted and triangulated to meet the insane but criminally relatively short-term thinking of election strategists and meme-tier Economist LARPers helping to insulate managerial politicians from electoral shocks to voting patterns by targeting band of swing voters with bribes of cheap credit to buy up property as an investment to pay for disappearing pension pots and on low interest-rates to buy up vast swathes of housing stock on the balance and books of corrupt robbing lobbying big banks and create an increase in private rented demand to service the debt-fuelled gambling purchases of amateur dinner-party capital-owning lowest tier bourgeoisie right to the upper class.

There's more but for now know that a house price crash will happen for a variety of logical reasons both politically and economically.

Same here, made a little over 1M last year in ethereum after an initial investment of only ~$700... I see it more like winning the lotto than an investment desu

except there are young men on this show that build their own homes. for less than £100k.
so obviously the problem remains with you, and your ability to create anything of value.

I take it you got out before jan 1st and the new taxes came in to play?

Learn to form sentences properly. Explain it to me like I'm a retard. I'm genuinely interested in what's happening in our country mate.

how much is ur rent?

See, the thing is here guys, you've been blinded by your success and opportunity. When you've got 2 kids and the plant has just laid everyone off, you are more concerned about keeping them fed than taking a punt on a volatile market. I'm not here to argue, I wholeheartedly agree, fortune favours the bold. I'm just tired of kids lumping genx in with boomers, and blaming us for the current state of the world. We unanimously agree that boomers utterly fucked everything. I don't understand where this illusion/delusion that gen x is doing ok comes from. Its simply not the case. We felt the full force of pur parents greed, and continue to feel it. This isn't about self made millionaires, this is about several disenfranchised generations, starting directly with us.

>Why is this fair?

It's not, and it if the key to understanding boomers: they are selfish, without compassion, and willing/able to sell everything of the inheritance they were to leave their posterity, from materiel wealth, to social standing, to societal-norms.

They wanted to destroy the society that their parents left them; they got what they wanted.

youtube.com/watch?v=OvSDIbikprY&t=852s

Attached: BOOMER WAGES.jpg (2093x1163, 650K)

Shadowing is everything. A roof can determine how good a house looks.

I wonder how far someone running on a platform of Justice/anti-corruption and ending Social Security would get. -- I mean there's *tons* of anger out there just waiting to be tapped.

(And *that* is the reason that they have to prop up gate-keepers like JBP: so that "fighting age" men don't decide it's time to start *forcing* the issues.)

YOU BIGOT!! Even in rural area you need borders? You racist! And not only 1 wall, 4 walls. House is racism!!

I'd have love to have been the builder on this, retard vastly overspent. I could have built that for $75 a sqft, in addition I could have used stacked modular units and done the same shit. Some people have more money than sense.

meh. I got a job on the railroad as a conductor here. They hired anyone with nothing required beyond a GED or highschool diploma and trained us. Some guys are making upwards of 150k per year. Unskilled labour. I will probably make like 90 this year with no overtime at all.

Not very far, because young people are fucking retarded and never vote.

>We unanimously agree that boomers utterly fucked everything.

I disagree. The same type of 'boomer' that ruined things is the same as any 'genderfluid LA artscene girl' around now pushing us towards ruin as well. It's not specific to a generation and that's what you fucks need to learn. I wonder how many people here actually study economics beyond meme infographs or participate in local elections. It's no big wonder that cities change so fast now given how foreigners both love and enjoy the novelty of being able to vote for damn near anything where as the locals couldn't be bothered.

Grand designs is full of middle class Brit wankers going around building ugly modernist houses in Nice locations just for a bunch of other insufferable middle cláss wankers to come around and fawn over.