Is this what happens when a city educates Mexico’s children?

Is this what happens when a city educates Mexico’s children?

Is this the power of diversity??

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/l-teachers-strike-tens-thousands-walk-job-los-angeles-n958336

Attached: 9EBC23ED-D616-4914-8571-EFF3F4D19936.jpg (1242x1081, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/01/03/lausd-moves-to-block-special-ed-teachers-from-going-on-strike/
transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/search/?q=TEACHER, PRIMARY&y=2017
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s1PL3xQu16w&feature=youtu.be
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/l-teachers-strike-tens-thousands-walk-job-los-angeles-n958336
youtu.be/rdJHuc1MY-0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here’s the thing..with rise and availability of internet access teachers are objectively worth less now than any other point in history. They are categorically delusional if they think they deserved to be paid even more now that they’re becoming more obsolete. When they’re not piling mountains of pointless worksheets on students they’re having them do work on computers and tablets. They don’t deserve more money for that it’s completely asinine.

Grade school teachers are babysitters now.

Yes, and tutors are capitalizing on shorty union teachers by doubling as baby sitters and tutors.

There’s always profit tone made exploiting a declining area like teaching

Exactly but worse because at least daycare centers have cameras so you can know if your child is being bullied or abused.

The courts are trying to stop special-ed teachers from going on strike. Governor should declare a state-wide emergency. There are disabled students literally dying from being left alone without care.
losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/01/03/lausd-moves-to-block-special-ed-teachers-from-going-on-strike/

By striking or being shutdown their uselessness is revealed

>Last Saturday, 20-year-old Amanda Andreson waited in line to get a free toy at the Special Needs Network’s annual brunch with Santa. The blue bracelet around her small wrist meant she was eligible for a toy from the toddler section. Although she is nearly 21-years-old, Amanda still has the mental capacity of a 14-month-old baby.
>She is just one of about 72,000 disabled students in LAUSD that will be impacted by the Jan. 10 teachers strike. Teachers plan to walk out for the first time in 30 years.

>20 years old

>Amanda still has the mental capacity of a 14-month-old baby.

Send her a link to our secret club, she can bake for PTG

I'm not convinced the public should pay for people to "teach" a permanent goldfish for one year let alone 50+ years.

>know if your child is being bullied or abused
one of the reasons nobody has character anymore or can fuckin deal with the slightest adversity and cry on tumbler about nothing all day

She's been in school for how long and why?

Dont stop them. They are proving how little we need them.

Some jew in the central office of the school distroct is probably arguing that they just teach subjects in the auditorium to everyone at once or have kids sign into a streamed lesson.

Once they figure out they really dont have to pay that many teachers education as a profession is doomed.

We are watching the catalyst for the disruption right now.

Yes. I have a front row seat to watch the decay of the LAUSD. It's all downhill from here, they are broke AF and on the line for billions in boomer pensions. And the kids coming up, oh golly geez gosh. Well lads, welcome to Tijuana North.

Imagine sending your child to one of these schools.

Attached: Screenshot_20190114_at_10.22.47_AM.png (404x393, 80K)

>Let's fuck American society up by not paying teachers more to teach subhumans
>But let us give Israel more money for it's citizens to go to college for free and take all of our tech and defense industry

the eternal American, everybody.

Except that most of the denizens of the LAUSD neither care about education, nor would be willing to shell out their own money to educate their crotchspawn. No Se!

also, you don't even have a job or children. What does it even matter to you?

>Post the salaries and the horror will end

Special needs has HUGE budgets. Really. These ought-to-have-been-aborts are taken care of at a premium, using monies that ought to go to GATE or other programs. Now, since the entire LAUSD is nothing but a spic filled shithole, GATE is no longer applicable, so why not use it for the changing of diapers?

You might be schizophrenic, bro.

Pretty sure it was because they wanted to increase class sizes. Sounds like they are asking for less immigration.

No white people send their kids to public school in Los Angeles. Those '''white''' kids are the bastard spawn of failed actress-wannabes and the mud-cooks at the restaurants where they waitress.

>L.A.
Stopped reading right there. California is a shithole country.

It's true. There are no white people left in Los Angeles, other than the (((white))) people who live on the (((westside))) or beach cities.

LA schools are quite homogeneous, pretty much Hispanic desu unlike other places like NYC

Attached: California.jpg (3888x2592, 651K)

Why doesn't anything work properly in America? Aren't you supposed to be the richest first world country in the world?

Teachers are paid with state funds you stupid faggot

That is the interesting point in all this "pay teachers like rock stars" movement. If you want education to be something that everyone has, it has to be as cheap as possible to pass on knowledge. That means little to no money for teachers.

The internet has opened up basic knowledge to anyone willing to seek it out. Even advanced math can be found and understood by the willing. With the 3d printer revolution on the horizon and the ease of learning for those who want to learn, there is going to be a major divide between people who are good at learning and those who can never seem to find the time to study. The times they are a changing.

California is part of Mexico now. Haven't you heard?

Attached: Mexican landwhales.jpg (450x269, 28K)

I thought it was Republicans holding teachers down. Now Democrats are doing it too. :( :( :(
Maybe we should make a private school with our teacher union.

Teachers are glorified babysitters. We already provide them with more than they deserve

they are so upset, they will vote democrats again. that will show Trump.

annoying search, can't find by city
transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/search/?q=TEACHER, PRIMARY&y=2017

Can't exactly screen for every mental handicap in the womb, there are ways to minimize your chance of having a Sped, but unless you chose a childless life the chance still exists.
Downs adults have an 8-9 year old mental capacity, I'm sure her parents much rather have had a potato.

You are correct. School is unnecessary for those willing to learn. The sum of human knowledge is at our fingertips if we wish to summon it.

In the case of Los Angeles, this is simply a matter of nobody willing to tell the truth. The schools are abysmal. Why? The teachers blame it on 'not enough money'. The administrators blame it on 'not enough qualified teachers'. The politicians blame it on 'funding'. None of these is the cause. We throw money hand over fist at our schools. Teachers are by and large qualified.

The schools suck because the students suck. They are low IQ mudpeople who come from a culture that doesn't give a shit about education. Mudpeople produce mudkids and it doesn't matter how much money, handwringing, interventions and teacher training they attempt.

It's 100% about the shit students.

>Entry level $45,911
>Average salary $63,761

And nothing of value was lost....

hmmm, there are better paying districts than that. But then again I wouldn't mind working 182 days a year with paid vacation, sick days, personal days, benefits and over a thousand a week take home. but fuck little kids, not for me

>Amanda still has the mental capacity of a 14-month-old baby

All women are like that.

beat me to it

Lol, nacho niggers btfo.
Teachers are extremely over paid.

The only good thing about white kids at diverse schools is that they come out of those places redpilled as fuck.

T.buttmad middle school teacher

Here’s my district. We’re one of the worst performing in the nation btw

Attached: 7FC805C4-1B19-4155-9B3F-23D3458BA093.jpg (427x748, 99K)

Damn where the hek is this?

The problem with this criticism is that you're counting on parents to effectively supplement their children's education, and for children to give enough of a shit to be independent learners.

As a teacher who is growing increasingly jaded with the system I'd say there's still value to paying teachers more if you want a better education for your students. That having been said, if you want that then it actually needs to be a meritocracy rather than the union nightmare it currently is.

Anchorage

Well yeah it shouldn’t be unionized like fucking flat out. Tenure shouldn’t be a thing. However I think you need to remember that you get a hell of a lot more time off than the average blue or white collar worker. If the problem is shit students and their shit parents then paying you more won’t solve that problem

Sorry, not a proper reply. What I mean to say was that yes, being a teacher has its benefits but you also need to consider other aspects of the work e.g. the hours outside of school spent grading/developing curriculum/etc, plus the bullshit required to maintain certification due to government red tape.

The job doesn't end when the school day does, at least for teachers that do a proper job. In public schools you also have shit like developing summer plans and the like for the problem students. There's a lot of bullshit that goes on in the background for kids that aren't close to the average Jow Forumstard, and it takes a fuckload of time considering what teachers make.

We need to get these kids on Jow Forums so they can get a real and useful education from us.

Attached: educationnot4blacks.png (888x610, 222K)

You can't find people more entitled than teachers
>off every weekend
>off Spring break
>off Christmas break
>off entire summer
Then they pull this shit

>losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/01/03/lausd-moves-to-block-special-ed-teachers-from-going-on-strike/
Good. Being a special ed teacher is hell. Parenting a special ed kid is worse.

They just bitch about the "work they do out of class" when you bring that up.

>"But user, I need to GRADE PAPERS! OMG! Then I have to sit through diversity training to get certified so I can claim more money!"

>84% of the L.A. Unified students quality for free or reduced price meals.
Holy cow dung.
>The District also has more than 7,000 foster care students.
The result of Human Trafficking ? All those beaners claiming to be a family & then dumping the kids once they cross the border?

>Fucking Africa.

Attached: 1544793405819.jpg (576x1024, 90K)

you mean (((the internet))). IMO we need more teachers and less common core. Let the communities decide what their children should be learning. Not kikes.

I'm phonefagging at work, but can anyone dig up numbers on how many aren't citizens or are English as a second language?

Those type of people should be killed during pregnancy.

Even without common core, the curriculum is decided on at the district level. District administrations are filled with single childless women.

> Amanda can’t speak to communicate her needs, so she tends to lash out by hitting, scratching or pulling hair when she needs attention.

Well user, is she the perfect prom date?

Attached: Amanda Andreson.jpg (640x365, 144K)

It’s true idk why we ever did away with special needs schools. There used to be separate ones for retards, blind kids, deaf kids and they were probably all better off there than in public school anyway

I understand that I’m not making a blanket statement that teachers are all lazy and desu if you’re on here you’re probably the type of teacher I would’ve liked and respected but imo those kinds don’t last long it’s usually the piece of shit power tripping commiefags that the teachers union favors. The federal government needs to gtfo of education all together.

I’m linking the essay-Teaching black kids by Christopher Jackson for those who haven’t heard it but it’s very compelling. Not everyone has the same intellectual potential and as long public schools ignore this fact in order to provide equal education opportunities it’s only going to get worse
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s1PL3xQu16w&feature=youtu.be

We all have problems. Your problem just so happens to be our children's future.

Workers in fields which cannot increase productivity can always lobby for increased wages if productivity in other fields has been going up, because those workers in unproductive fields can switch careers. This is the basis of Baumol's cost disease and it works fine.

I'm just saying that's why a lot of good teachers burn out; you can do better elsewhere considering what the pay is, and bullshitting that they get some vacation time when you compare it to the other kind of white collar jobs good teachers could be working with their intellect and qualifications is a joke.

NY requires teachers to get Masters Degrees to be professionally certified. NY is also about to face an enormous crunch in teacher numbers. Do you think this is a coincidence, or do you think that almost anyone with the smarts and willpower to earn a masters would rather make more money doing something else?

>workers actually fighting for their righs
Oh no! What a nightmare! Better to just get high and die in misrey like a whitie

We don't need teachers per say... Youth education is a best served via privatization, vouchers and on line home schooling...

Can you please enumerate the rights they don’t have?

>Although she is nearly 21-years-old, Amanda still has the mental capacity of a 14-month-old baby.
i knew our school system was bad but wow.

They were fighting for a pay raise. Pretty sure that's a privilege not a right.

just went to check it out locally. It's got to be the poorest excuse of a strike, ever these eyes have seen. raining here, intermittent pouring, pretty good sized grade/middle school. ~20 teachers standing on the sidewalk right next to the entrance from the street ( INSTEAD OF BARRING ENTRY ), derps. A vehicle left the grounds... they started chanting at it... hard to say what it was they were saying. One had a sign saying it was a strike. If i had kids going there, i'd have pulled them long ago. No derp idiot faggot gonna teach my kids how to look like fake happy niggers on a strike.

>Sithole from a shithole?

Then why are they still teachers

>extended daycare strike
>food stamp hiatus

Bubble bubble, toil and trouble.

So wait the school is still open then? The fuck is the point of a strike then?

>nbcnews.com/news/us-news/l-teachers-strike-tens-thousands-walk-job-los-angeles-n958336
CA teachers are the highest paid in the US.
Starting pay for CA public school teachers is higher than the national average combined household income.
CA spending per student is the highest in the US. CA has the 49th worst performing public schools in the US. Thank God for Mississippi.

You basically end up with 3 types of teachers

>Shitters

They use the bureaucracy to keep their jobs and they're the shitty teacher you hate.

>Masochists

Those few teachers you remember really fondly that put up with all the bullshit despite it being a raw deal for someone of their talents

>Temps

People who could be great teachers but leave when they realize how raw of a deal it is.

Basically if the pay was better you'd have more of the third, and if unions didn't protect the first you'd see them kicked out.

Why states are going broke: the post

not yet

God willing because things will never get better until they get worse

Checked and yeah unironically. They’ve also demanded more money multiple times since then because apparently making what they were at the time that was published just wasn’t cutting it for them.

Unfortunately California is lucky enough to have so many lucrative industries that they succeed despite the incompetence in Sacramento

Principles don't do shit. Their salaries should be almost equal to teachers

My fucking property taxes in ER were rapacious...well...at least the schools were good

The problem with the rise of the internet and smartphones is that it's led to the trivialization of education. People, students, and even educators have become complacent with letting search engines and computers do all their work for them. A group of friends hanging out will just Ask Siri to find the name of a person, movie, book, etc that the group is trying to recall rather than trying to work it out for themselves, students will hand in reports and research papers with an entire bibliography consisting of Wikipedia links, and teachers will lean heavily on coursework and exams test a student's ability to recall "trivia" more than they test a student's ability to work through problems, explain processes, or describe context for events.

This is becoming a serious problem for those of us in higher education were we're being flooded with entire incoming classes that don't possess basic study or note-taking skills and can barely write in complete sentences or work through simple algebra problems

kek

If only they had parents who cared about them instead of lazy assholes who gave birth to a massive burden and then dumped it on the state.

My kids are homeschooled because of how shitty the schools are. My wife and I made a decision that it was worth more to their future to make sure they were ready. I am not rich by any means, but am just a middle class blue collar tradesman, but I make enough to support us and a modest lifestyle. We don't pay for dumb shit we don't need either. We still have a CRT tv, no cable and basic as fuck internet with no phones. It is totally worth it. In addition to the education being superior, we are members of a few "Home school associations" and our kids have quite a few friends, more than even I had and I went to public schools. They are in sports and scouts. Security of our children is a non issue as well. Fuck the state, and fuck their piss poor education system. My kids are testing 2 grades above their actual level, and my son in 9th grade is nearing a level of education that is on par with kids graduating from high school. We push them to do better, and I think that is something that can't be done without parents and teachers who actually care. Broken homes, step parents and shit teachers really ruin any potential a student may have. Sure there are outliers, but it still takes parental involvement. Most parents treat school like babysitting.

That’s not all on smartphones and internet though. I was in high school during the flip phone era and most kids weren’t ever on them during class. The problem is that kids are taught to give simple 1-2 sentence worksheet length responses and that’s if the worksheet isn’t all multiple choice. Teachers actually discouraged note taking at my schools because they didn’t want kids writing and passing notes to eachother. Couldn’t open up the floor for debates or questions either because they didn’t want things to get “too heated”. They don’t teach they read from the teachers version of whatever textbook the class is given and load you up with fill-in-the-blank homework sheets that they grade to a key without giving any feedback. The environment they’ve created has become 100% incompatible with actually learning anything useful

You Couldn’t stop it if you wanted to.
youtu.be/rdJHuc1MY-0

Attached: 05F8CEEA-1FE7-4BC0-BC71-15F8939FE991.jpg (1024x944, 141K)

Wow. Public servants walking out of their jobs. Shocker. How could they do this? It's funny. They still get paid while they walk off.

Name another profession where you can walk out and still get fucking paid.

Attached: SmartSelect_20181226-103151_Gallery.jpg (1068x796, 617K)

All 12 years of my public school experience there was a microcephalic kid named Jeremy who was the size of a 4 year old, couldn’t walk,eat/drink, speak, hear, see or anything he literally just had a brainstem. This kid had two private physical therapy rooms with big bouncy swings like babies have and he required 5 separate aids to tend to him everyday. He even got picked up and dropped off by a full size school bus all to himself there’s no way it cost at least several million all in all to accommodate him, and why? So his parents could delude themselves into pretending they were normal with a normal child for 7 hours a day 5 days a week. It’s legitimately very sad and I feel for them deeply but their comfort level and ability to emotionally cope with life shouldn’t be the responsibility of the taxpayers.

No way it didn’t cost*

This bothers me, because pragmatically this is a colossal waste of money.

Ethically you can’t just kill people if they’re not “normal”. This is my biggest reason for keeping abortion legal

>Although she is nearly 21-years-old, Amanda still has the mental capacity of a 14-month-old baby.
She probably frequents /v/

papa JF would hit that thing

looks like at least half of it was... it's a large campus includes grade school and junior high. But that's exactly the problem as you point out... i'm standing right there and should be able to answer you. If it were a real strike, i'd be able to. It's like .... plastic.

Man, I sub for K-12 and it all seems like babysitting.

Administrators make in the $250k range average. Most teachers around $50k. My wife is a teacher- formerly of lausd. Tell me more about who is taking all the classroom money and setting rediculous policies-