Why isn’t supertall construction more prevalent in other American cities?

Why isn’t supertall construction more prevalent in other American cities?

Attached: 10380964-AC1B-48BE-A8FA-43AA8C49449F.jpg (936x936, 1.3M)

Some of us don't want to live in your overpriced, darkie nightmare.

Because land is abundant and it's not necessary....also we drive cars and don't take public transportation....driving a car and finding parking in a super dense city sucks dick.

Because they aren't crammed onto a tiny island

Soulless grid cities

Attached: 1542733976964.jpg (598x415, 39K)

Guessing because they aren't NYC. NYC was like busiest place in the U.S and maybe since all the people desperate for work willing to get killed for cheap/free in order to build all that shit.

Have you heard of Chicago? They have a couple tall buildings here and there.

Planes hit them

Because they aren't confined by water on all sides and have room to spread. Fun fact, the biggest city in the US based on square mile coverage is Oklahoma City.

Yes but construction there isn’t as crazy as New York

Soulless, depressing blocks of grey is not ideal

Attached: 22d6a848d2e039c2726abb91adfb2a1f.jpg (960x1280, 364K)

Taking up beautiful land is a nigger thing to do.

I live in the American Gardens building on West 81st street. I have a neighbor who listens to Huey Lewis and the News kinda loud, but other than that it's alright.

New York smells like complete ass. I hate that fucking place. Last time I was there a kike asked me for directions to Broadway. I usually keep my opinions to myself, but it was my last day there on business and I snapped back saying "do I look like a fucking map, rabbi?"

because it only becomes profitable once price per square ft reaches a certain threshold, and most cities in the US real estate prices aren't anywhere near the same as downtown NYC

So is packing as many people into as few sq feet as possible. NYC is a diseased eye sore tolerated by jews who conflate cost of living with status and poor hipsters who think graffiti and piss soaked subways are culture

Transportation nightmare. 3D living and working spaces with a 2D transportation grid. These places all fill up and empty at the same times EG rush hour and it just makes slow to a standstill. Building upward is not ideal without transportation methods to alleviate the stress. It's why Musk is trying to build tunnels.

When I visited NYC I just parked my car in NJ, took the train to get into NYC and just subwayed everywhere. Glad I did. I don't even see why people would drive cars in that overcrowded shit hole

zoning

roflcopter

Is that what New York actually looks like now? Hideous.

Because it doesn't have to be. Skyscrapers were born from necessity. A lot of American cities have room to grow outward.

Are you a Jew?

>Prison city with exercise yard.
Could always use more cells. Why leave if it has everything you ever wanted?

That is one fun fact, user.

Attached: IMG_5357.png (585x470, 67K)

bedrock.

Underrated

There isn’t the demand combined with lack of available land

These skinny supertalls are the result of only tiny odd shapes lots being left in Manhattan to develop

This but in Vancouver due to constant threat of junkies wandering into the road at night coupled with skateboarders and cyclists reaching Portland-level tiers of "Fuck you, Mayor's office wants to pander to my demographic more than yours."

New York isn’t soulless. But it’s soul is a close minded ageing Jewish woman who refuses to believe that anything outside of nyc is important

This was new yorks peak form, now it looks like a poast apocolyptic nightmare city

Attached: newyork60s.jpg (1280x800, 488K)

The land, the actual ground.

most other american cities aren't built on an island

night driving in nyc is 11/10

Yes

Crazy in what way? Have you even been to Chicago?

Grid cities aren't that bad, if they are done right.

Less human trash

These buildings are fallic symbols, in competition with one another.