Shave like your grandad. Dump your stupid cartdridge razors and stop supporting converged corporations like Gillette...

Shave like your grandad. Dump your stupid cartdridge razors and stop supporting converged corporations like Gillette. Instead you should get one of these.

>Blades cost almost nothing, literally pennies to replace a blade
>Soap and brush cost$30or so, last for at least a year or so
>If you use a shave cream from a tube you don't even need a brush (Nivea sensitive is awesome)
>Your skin will thank you, no more razor burn, ingrown hairs, etc.

The best part is that your money will be going either to small artisanal shops in the US, or to small German and Japanese safety razor manufacturers that don't tolerate sjw bullshit. They don't even advertise I think.

Attached: downloadfile.jpg (1000x1000, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Spo-kgjyvuI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Procter_&_Gamble_brands
fendrihan.ca/collections/merkur/products/merkur-34c-hd-double-edge-safety-razor
youtube.com/watch?v=L-sCqIxvfx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first time hearing this point of view, very original and OP is in no way a faggot

where get

why not just buy some scissors or an eclectic razor like a normal person
stop being a boomer, you could never use a razor like that in the wild because you will have no lubricant for you face
just use scissors like a non boomer
thanks and go back to r/eddit

I get mine from either maggard razors or Italian barber. They are small operations based in the US and Canada, respectively. The antithesis of big corporations.

A starter kit has everything you need and costs $30 to $60 bucks. No more being raped by expensive blade refills.

The problem I have is that I'm using Astra blades with my safety razor and they are made by gillette.

I used feather before but they are too sharp and cut too close which burns the skin.

I need to find an Astra blade replacement with similar sharpness/smoothness.

an antithesis to corporations would be to just use some damn scissors from walmart
fucking boomers

I can confirm OP is not a faggot.
>wet shave with straight razors or shavette
>easier beard styling
>easier trimming
>closest fucking shave of my life

Go buy a straight razor instead of a pussy as safety one tho, safety razors are not manly.
If you buy a straight razor you need a leather strop, and some good shaving soap. The rest is optional stuff like badger brushes and shave oil etc.
It becomes a fantastic stress relieving ritual that leaves you with an amazingly close shave. I'll never go back.

Attached: 1547574921695-pol.jpg (800x450, 151K)

Try personna, voskhod, or something else Russian. Russia makes a lot of great blades.

I've shaved with one while camping with left over hot water I boil for a cuppa.

Also shaved it with cold water using a shave oil + cream. Its not hard

> (You) (OP)
>why not just buy some scissors or an eclectic razor like a normal person
>stop being a boomer, you could never use a razor like that in the wild because you will have no lubricant for you face
>just use scissors like a non boomer
>thanks and go back to r/eddit

> (You)
>an antithesis to corporations would be to just use some damn scissors from walmart
>fucking boomers

Literally who in the FUCK uses scissors to shave?

Can confirm. Before growing a full beard out of sheer laziness I shaved with a safety razor. Best shave ever.

Some people care about their appearance more than you neckbeard. You wouldnt know a smooth shave even if you were a cancer patient.

This. Straight razors are better but not very newbie friendly. Process minimization is the goal.

I tried using a straight but cut the shit out of myself. Not cut out for it I guess.

with these razors you can easily remove a layer of skin without drawing any blood

Get the merkur futur and you can adjust the angle, changing the aggressiveness. I had a similar issue with feathers before but after switching to the futur, so much better with a mid level setting.

>muh close shave
no one thinks like this
and who wants to shave anyways unless they are an emasculated cuck
if it gets out of control take some scissors to it like you pubes
not that hard boomers

> (You) (OP)
>why not just buy some scissors or an eclectic razor like a normal person
>stop being a boomer, you could never use a razor like that in the wild because you will have no lubricant for you face
>just use scissors like a non boomer
>thanks and go back to r/eddit

Per the below kindly gas yourself and get the fuck off my thread

>
>Some people care about their appearance more than you neckbeard. You wouldnt know a smooth shave even if you were a cancer patient.

What he said.

I'd stay away from all unnecessary expenses you'll run into after ditching the Gillettes.
You'll encounter a cult of autists and hipsters trying to peddle accessories and novelty items.
Like lather brushes, bowls, weird lotions and soaps you have to use with said lather brushes.. often times made from badger, pig hair or some other animal. It's all kitsch. I'm not sure if they think this is period correct or if they're trying to be like their barber or who the fuck knows. They didn't even use brushes and bowls back in the 50's:
youtube.com/watch?v=Spo-kgjyvuI

The whole point is looking for a viable alternative not baggage, not a downgrade. Off the bat you'll be sacrificing convenience/speed in exchange for affordability.. why complicate things with shit you don't need, making the process even more time consuming?

My Gillette cartridge set-up consist of 3 things.
-the shaver
-the refills
-the shaving cream

That's it. No bullshit gimmicks. This is what most guys have. I don't want to add any more junk on my bathroom sink and neither does the average guy just looking to shave his face

You can get one at target for $10.

Comes in an orange box, you can't miss it.
Women use them too, to shave their legs and what-not. They don't leave bumps

Attached: il_570xN.789959010_2x94_60001003-2767-469b-aa94-db793ca9f23c_grande.jpg (570x380, 30K)

muh god
fuck you and go back to r/eddit
what kind of faggot boomer posts like this
fucking cancer

>some scissors to it like you pubes
I just pull a bunch out by hand until they are very thin

Gillette keeps has sent me a free razor every year and it always says it's for my 18th birthday.

I've been using a safety razor for years

Attached: safety razor.png (718x540, 502K)

I wish I could switch to a new razor brand, but I haven't shaved my beard in 10 years.

Attached: DxEhUwkVYAAUdLj.jpg (640x358, 58K)

Safety razors are cheap as fuck if you do it right.

You can get the razor for $20, but it'll last you forever. Literally it's just a solid piece of metal that wont break, rust or degrade and will last until you die.
Blades are cheap too, $10 for 100. If you clean them after each use, which takes seconds, they'll last you a good 5-10 shaves each.
Get some shaving soap. It's cheap as fuck, literally less than $1 for a bar of it that'll last you a good year. A bowl will last you forever and brushes will last you a good 5-10 years while only costing $20 or so.
get an alum block too. Basically aftershave but will only cost you $1 or so and will also last you for years.

Basically, you'll spend $50-60 up front, but after that you'll only really need to spend $1-2 a year from then on.

And you'll get a better, closer shave which is quicker and easier to achieve and wont leave you with razor burn.

Why the fuck you guys haven't been doing this since forever I don't know. Disposable razors are a scam.

>muh god
>fuck you and go back to r/eddit
>what kind of faggot boomer posts like this
>fucking cancer

Some people don't have the luxury of dwelling in their mom's basement and have to look presentable for work. We also don't want to give converged companies like Gillette any more money.

I just use a hair trimmer on my face. It's not a close shave but I don't really care enough about having a close shave. But I do have a safety razor and can confirm that if you have a safety razor then you don't need those like 3-4 blade plastic razors. The safety razor is easy to clean whereas with the multiblade ones I'd always get hair stuck inbetween the blades.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Already done.

I purchased a Merkur safety razor and Feather razors. They're in the mail.

I used Gillette razors for 18 years. No more. Fuck them, they're anti male, anti white, and pro black bullshit. I'm also replacing all other Procter and Gamble company shit too. I'm done giving money to these asshats. There are a lot of good brands out there to replace their crap.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Procter_&_Gamble_brands

is merkur good?
gonna buy this fendrihan.ca/collections/merkur/products/merkur-34c-hd-double-edge-safety-razor

Buy Mighty soap. Completely made by /ourguys/ so support it.

>sky king is a form of shave soap they sell

>unironically wage cucking
boomers where the worse thing to happen to this board
where my based NEETs at?

Oh yeah, don't forget to buy the blades. Like those Wilkinson ones.

Attached: lames-gillette-wilkinson-sword-par-5.jpg (800x800, 79K)

>Why the fuck you guys haven't been doing this since forever I don't know.
People are generally somewhat lazy and unwilling to put in initial effort to build positive habits

My Gillette cartridge set-up consist of 3 things.
-the shaver
-the refills
-the shaving cream

So, literally any other shaving set up? You don't need the other shit with safety razors. It just gives you a better shave all up if you wanted it. Safetys always give better shaves than that new simple shit. They always have. I still have the same safety razor my pop gave me. I just replace the feathers and keep it clean. You can buy like 5 or so blades for a few bucks vs like 25 for 5

Correction: mighty white

>The antithesis to giving money to major corporations is giving money to the biggest corporations in the world.

You're the smartest man in the retard class.

Got mine at menessentials.

Attached: Screenshot_20190116-201008_Chrome.jpg (1080x1920, 691K)

Not choosing the literal Rolls of razors

Attached: dwgli.png (637x848, 950K)

>anti Gillette
>image literally has Gillette in the file name and image
fags just use a fucking straight razor holy shit

I've used various electric razors for many years, and none of them ever deliver a consistently close shave like I used to get when I used disposable cartridge razors. So, I've decided to give a safety razor a try. It would be fantastic to not have to deal with razor burn and ingrown hairs anymore.

That is an incredible razor. Use a light touch because it may cut you but that's better than 99% of razors out there. You done good.

why are you fags butthurt over a talmudvision advertisment? btw I already use a safety razor so this entire conversation is irrelevant.

Nibba please you think I'm wagie scum? Straight up salary

if you are one of those dumb fuck fag boomers who are all "muh close shave"
enjoy stripping your face of its natural oils and a layer of skin
you retard homos

Used my grandpas when he died. Never looked back. Bought a more expensive razor afterwards. Literally paid for itself. Why give Jews money.

Attached: why am I here?.png (383x486, 219K)

A blade safe is a good idea too.

>They didn't even use brushes and bowls back in the 50
Some people definitely did. I still have my grandad's brush and bowl from some time in the late 40s or early 50s. I have a couple of his straight razors too.

>If you use a shave cream from a tube you don't even need a brush (Nivea sensitive is awesome)

What you should do is get a cup and a shaving brush. Soak the brush in hot water in the cup while you're having a shower. Then you'll have a warm lather to run on your face instead of cold soap from out of a tube. It feels a lot better.

Also, if you're a teenager then a brush is probably better because the bristles will help clean out your pores and prevent acne.

t. Guy who discovered safety razors years ago

>I used feather before but they are too sharp and cut too close which burns the skin.

Practice makes perfect buddy. I only use feathers because now after a few years using these razors i can get a good shave without going over and over the face which irritates the skin.

I use an electric shaver.

>5 o'clock shadow
>shows off beard genetics
>doesn't hide jawline and chin

Best of both worlds

Get a better lather. And there's a swiss company, green box, I forget the name thats similar if not better than astra

>I purchased a Merkur safety razor and Feather razors. They're in the mail.

The feathers will be too sharp to start with - you need to 'train' your hand first.

I'd suggest getting some merkur blades to use for the first couple of weeks/months

Dumbass ok work 12 hour this quarter no overtime lel.

Shaving with a safety razor costs less than shaving with cartridges and gives better performance at the cost of a bit of time.

I remember when I shaved with disposable razors the time it took me passing over and over on the same area. I still think overall it takes a bit less time than with a safety razor where you have to lather up then cleanup at the end but I might be wrong. I should try timing my shaves with disposable vs safety. I couldn't tell about cartridge razors because I've never used them.

Shaving with shaving cream from pressurized cans is a whole lot worse than with shaving soaps. It's definitely not as slick than if you use even just an average shaving soap like proraso which goes for $10USD.

So there I was, practicing my sexual harassment pickup lines this morning. I just got done cyberbullying my coworkers. It was time to shave, so I yelled at my wife to smile because it pleases me. I then pinched her ass right after she told me she didn't consent to it. Putting on the shaving cream and thinking about how I can get my son into a fight with one of the weaker, more jewish kids at the next neighborhood BBQ, I replaced the worn Gillette-brand Mach3 and began to chant "boys will be boys" as I started to shave. Then suddenly my daughter burst into the bathroom holding her phone. As I began to mansplain why she needs to get it into her pretty little head that shaving time is MY time, she showed me the new Gillette ad. I realized how every view and behavior I've ever held dear was abjectly wrong. I'm quitting my job at the toxic masculinity factory today and registering Democrat. Thanks Gillette -- now excuse me while I volunteer at the refugee center and help to impeach Blumpf.

>I just pull a bunch out by hand until they are very thin

Attached: 1488404727233.jpg (337x372, 17K)

That just makes it look like you did a half-assed job shaving, m8

Been down the brushes and soaps road. Found after 10 years that my skin likes slickness over cushion.

Can user just gimme a rundown on what I NEED to get this shit started.
Aside from sticking it to Jewlet I find this shit AEEEESTHETIC AF anyway.

Attached: SHAVE.png (843x413, 81K)

Twist user. Much easier and trims better.

What the fuck is wrong with stubble

I have disposable 3-4 bladed razors that cost less than a dollar a piece and last me way too fucking long.

I couldn't recommend any better.

Weishi.

Free yourselves from the Jew shaving scam. I did it years ago.

Attached: WSH9306F-Weishi-butterfly-safety-razor-chrome_x1024.jpeg.jpg (900x900, 52K)

Guys this might be a stupid question but why don't we just use Wilkinson razors instead?

Attached: Wilkinson Sword Systems Quattro Razor with 2 Blades - PT01.jpg (2365x2365, 734K)

Maggards

SAFETY FUCKING RAZOR FUCK YOUR 12 BLADES SCAM

who here just use hair clippers and buzz the shit down

You need the razors to go with the handle, user. Otherwise you're completely forgetting the purpose

I keep my beard at a manageable length that way, otherwise it makes my face look way too round. Just throw a 5 or 6 guard on it and trim it up

>enjoy stripping your face of its natural oils and a layer of skin
There are different sharpness in blades and different aggressiveness in razors as well you know. So you don't have to use something that's going to strip a layer of skin off.

Attached: 1394818375785s.jpg (250x250, 5K)

Merkur 34c
Nivea sensitive shaving cream in a tube
Personna blades

That's it

you are still stripping your face of all its natural oils when you shave with any razor like a homo emasculated cuck

Go figure that people who enjoy the process and ritual of shaving get into it as a hobby.
The thirty different kinds of creams/soaps and pre/post shave oil/cream/balm/lotion is where it gets ridiculous, prissy and rather homosexual in my opinion.
Sure, a badger or boar brush and decent cream/soap are not strictly necessary, but people use them because they work better and smell better than chemical goop from a can.

It's only as complicated/expensive as you make it.

>Some people definitely did.

Nah they didn't.
Sure there were stubborn old farts born in the 1800's living out in the sticks but.. nobody used brushes.
youtube.com/watch?v=L-sCqIxvfx4

The two common types advertised were shaving foam and brushless creams that came in a tube. Come on dude, it's old but it's still the modern era.

Attached: 9cdd6f232f93b97cf578a73c90f32b94--vintage-barber-vintage-hair.jpg (236x260, 17K)

I use electric for my face and tvelve blades bullshit for my pubes and armpits, I could shave my pubes and face with safety or even straight razor but I can't imagine shaving my armpits with either of them.

I've been using this. Is it shit or what?

>smellsgood, man

Attached: 900.jpg (900x900, 83K)

>shaving my armpits
Why? Are you a swimmer?

I have psoriasis and face pubes. Literally cant avoid cutting myself multiple times in one go unless I use a multi bladed razor with gel pads at the front.

I used to use an electric shaver but it made me feel like a woman so now i try to whatever razor doesnt cut me up bad.

Attached: FB8519E656E94FA0811BC5AA53BAF5C0.jpg (700x525, 23K)

I have one of these... no idea how it works

Attached: 15476892673055969788644611831088.jpg (2880x2160, 1.92M)

being using it, its alright but its hard to wash off your hands

>shaving your pubes and armpits with a razor
unless you are a swimmer kys homo
or become a trap already

Why are you asking everyone if it's shit but you like it? That's just asking for trouble... or validation

I just smoked the (((herbal))) and this is horrifying kek

No but if I don't shave them I smell like sweat even with deodorant on. It might be a side effect of being muscular because when I raise my arms to apply deodorant the surface isn't flat so I think armpit hair are preventing deodorant from reaching all the angluations.

I had the opportunity to buy that that earlier this summer, but I passed on it. Too arcane looking.

I would be an ambush not a trap

Good stuff.

gay

looks like a can opener. how the fuck does it even work?

Needed:
Razor
Blades
Shaving cream

Recommended:
A decent brush. Boar works just fine and is cheaper, but badger works better
A decent cream or soap. No need to go crazy buying ten different kinds. Lots of great companies without being crazy expensive. Proraso, Sterling, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Arko, Colonel Conk, the list goes on. Try one, use it up and try a different kind.

Everything else is extra. Nice to have maybe but not necessary

also an alum block is cheap and helps alot

I use the Meijer brand knock-offs. They are of great quality for a reasonable price, especially when bought on sale.

I just do dollar shave club. $5 every two months.

IGNORE THIS SHILL FOR THE RAZOR BLADE INDUSTRY! LET YOUR BEARD GROW AS GOD INTENDED.

I have used a $20 electric razor from Walmart for 2 years now.
>rock the perma 5oclock shadow
>bitches love it
>almost no maintenance
>look about 15 years old if I use a razor

>reaching all
Only matters with an antiperspirant, which armpit hair can both help and hurt
It is harder to reach, but the hairs themselves can increase evaporation through surface area increase. If it is humid this fucks you for the same reason, more area for odor-causing bacteria to thrive. You could just trim it, but shaving is probably less effort in the long run

I've been using the same schick 3-bladed razor for more than a year.
These 'disposable' razors don't wear out, as far as I can tell.

>lubricant for you face
next you gonna say you needed lube to fap