Why is there such a double standard for cheating on here? Recently I saw 2 different threads...

Why is there such a double standard for cheating on here? Recently I saw 2 different threads. The first was a girl who said she was in love with a guy with a girlfriend and asking for advice. Responses were basically calling her an evil whore, slut, telling her to back off and find a different man, etc. Fine, obviously Jow Forums just hates cheating and people who go after other people in relationships. Or so I thought.

But then a guy posted saying he was in love with a girl with a boyfriend. The reaction was wildly different. People telling him to go for it, saying he should try kissing her, telling him to “work his magic” and win her over from chad, wishing him good luck, etc.

What’s going on here? Can somebody please explain?

Attached: 70A57606-012E-4065-A288-815409216D0E.jpg (435x338, 39K)

You read some weird threads or only robots are awake.

There’s a shit tons of foreveralone’s, incel’s, and self righteous younguns that will equally flame anyone who mentions anything about cheating (mostly because they’re already bitter/insecure and afraid some guy will steal their girlfriend, a few because they believe that people would be principles, and some who try to apply sympathy)

As a general rule, Women *will* get more hate on Jow Forums than not, but on here cheating tends to end up triggering, regardless of gender.

Just woke up, not sure what thread we are talking about, but cheating is awful regardless of who does it, and with whom they do it.

I even remember a girl asking if some casual lesbian action was fine, and she got the usual cheating treatment. Flame, name-calling, all the good stuff. Cheating is not cool, no matter who you are, or why you do it.

>I even remember a girl asking if some casual lesbian action was fine, and she got the usual cheating treatment.

This doesn’t really disprove OP’s theory that females who are considering cheating get treated more harshly on here than the males doing the same thing.

It wasn't to disprove anything, just pointing out that cheating usually gets hateful responses regardless of which context it is in.

I know girls have it more rough here. I mean, just now we have an open thread where people are calling a 23 year old girl with 4 former partners a "degenerate whore". That's just how it is when the vast majority here are male, I suppose. Or at least I assume they are.

Ignore the post above this, the people criticizing the girl were jealous femanons

>The people criticizing the girl were jealous femanons
That's certainly a possibility as well.

Sure. The people saying different things were different people, and Jow Forums isn't a hivemind. There is no double standard.

Attached: 1536898503218.png (750x1020, 552K)

Honestly when the girl posted saying she was in love with a guy with a girlfriend, I got a really strong feeling that the most hateful responses were from femanons who were projecting and imagining it was their boyfriend that she had her eyes on. Calling someone an evil whore and a cunt and all kinds of things just because they fell in love with someone who is already attached seemed a bit overboard to me considering she just had feelings for the guy and wasn’t acting on them.

I saw another thread where a guy was considering leaving his toxic and abusive girlfriend for a girl that was in love with him and treated him really well. Everyone was encouraging him to dump the gf and be with the other girl instead.

I realized later that if the girl he was talking about had posted asking for advice, saying “I’m in love with a guy with a gf who treats him badly” that people would probably call her a whore and tell her to back off and leave him alone. Just seems weird to me.

>“I’m in love with a guy with a gf who treats him badly” that people would probably call her a whore

Doubtful desu, I'm a robot and I'd want the guy to have a girlfriend who appreciates him.

>I saw another thread where a guy was considering leaving his toxic and abusive girlfriend for a girl that was in love with him and treated him really well. Everyone was encouraging him to dump the gf and be with the other girl instead
This isn't cheating. There is a massive difference between "dump a GF/BF for another person" and "fuck someone while you are in a relationship and pretending to still like that person".

Cheating is wrong. Leaving someone you don't love is fine.

A LOT of opposite gender Larping happens here.

Girl late as guys as other girls attack them larping as guys and vice versa.

Jow Forums is god damn gender fluid

If you can’t figure it out, you’re some kinda stupid.

A lot of people also straight up don't say their gender. I've been called a guy an insane amount of times here, when I am not. Not because I "LARP" as a guy, but just because people assume any given poster is a guy unless otherwise stated in 90% of all cases.

>Cheating is wrong. Leaving someone you don't love is fine.

A lot of people would argue falling in love with someone to the point you’re considering leaving your SO for them is a type of cheating. If you’re talking to someone regularly and have feelings for them, and you have a girlfriend, is that not cheating?

Kek, I’ve had people respond to one post of mine accusing me of being/LARPing as a man, then at the same time respond to another post accusing me of being/LARPing as a woman thinking I’m two different people.

Cheating is an action. Feelings are just feelings. Emotional cheating is a thing, but you have to actively pursue the emotional side of a relationship with someone, it’s more than just secretly liking someone. And as long as you leave the partner you don’t love, rather than wasting their time when you’re heart’s not in it anymore, you’re not doing anything wrong. Staying under those circumstances would be wrong.

>Cheating is wrong. Leaving someone you don't love is fine.

Leaving someone you don’t love is fine, but is leaving them to go be with someone else who you were probably making plans to be with or at least thinking and fantasizing about before you were single? Isn’t that the whole branch swinging thing that guys complain about girls doing? Having the next partner lined up well before you leave the previous one?

>Emotional cheating is a thing, but you have to actively pursue the emotional side of a relationship with someone, it’s more than just secretly liking someone.

Can you elaborate?

It's a borderline case. To be honest, if you are in such a slump you would consider it, you should either try to freshen up the relationship, or leave before it even gets to that point, but reality rarely works out like that.

It is definitely a problem if you do the "I'll get myself a new ship before I sink this one" situation, but the timing is the most important in my mind. I've seen a friend develop a crush, while in a relationship with a guy who constantly talked thrash about her, and we had told her for over a year to leave him. When she started developing that crush, she finally left her boyfriend, and went for her crush. There was nothing between them before she left her boyfriend. That is not really an issue, sometimes you need some additional help to leave an abusive relationship, and that most often happens due to feeling that spark again with a new person.

>probably
Keyword.
There are scenarios where it’s wrong, others where it’s not.

Only if you purposely flirt and make sure you have a new relationship set up and ready to go. That usually means some kind of dates going on, which is what people usually call "emotional cheating".

If you do it before pursuing another relationship, it's perfectly fine.

Eg flirting with them, going out of your way to be around them because you enjoy the sexual tension, generally acting like a single person who’s testing the waters before asking someone out, talking to them in an innapropristely closr way, talking to them about your partner negatively (not really a cheating aspect but a real dick move), pursuing to the point that you have them pretty officially lined up before you end your relationship.
But if there’s just a girl at work who’s light and friendly with you who happens to give you the feels and whose company can’t reasonably be avoided, that can’t really be helped, and there’s nothing wrong with ending your clearly failing relationship and then taking the chance to ask her out.

Disclaimer the larping can be unintentional I agree.
It’s quite fucked up when you think about it.

I always thought of emotional cheating as being more of a text and phone call type thing. If two people who are into each other meet up alone, it’s going to be hard for them to just stick to talking. Emotional cheating can easily lead to the physical type if the two start spending enough one-on-one time together. What would these dates consist of in your mind? And where is the line? If they hold hands is it still just emotional? Hug? Cuddle? Does it only become physical cheating once they kiss or have sex?

Quick question

A friend of mine, we grew up together and are very close.
He have a sexual act we do where we open our legs and buttcheeks and rub our buttholes together.

What genders are we both and what responses would Jow Forums give

this just made me realize that i’m having an emotional affair with my best friend so that’s nice i guess. and here i was feeling proud of myself for not cheating because i’ve never fucked her even when i had the opportunity and really wanted to.

totally agree OP, there is some twisted logic and the girl always the whore

The only time I see guys demonized by other guys is if a woman won't leave a bf or husband after doing nothing more than speaking to another guy

Could be calls a well, but emotional cheating is common for workplace cheating, at least at first. A lot of places won't let you get away with fucking or any real physical contact, but you'll be spending a lot of time together, likely talking and sharing a lot more personal information with each other than you should, with flirting involved as well.

It is depressingly common, to be honest.

It's simple, OP: You're either not on when the threads deriding male cheaters are posted, or you purposeful ignore them in order to justify your assumption that there's a double standard.

Jow Forums definitely used to be really sexist, but it's honestly surprisingly balanced these days. The genuinely sexist people tend to be so cartoonishly so that they stick out like sore thumbs and can't really be taken seriously.

I think both of them are whores. Yes there's a double standard but it only exists within those who lack critical thinking. I expect women to not be promiscuous and slutty when I date them so I hold myself to the same standards.

Cheating is always wrong and approaching people who you know love someone else is too

Only pieces of shit do this

/thread

same reason anita sarkeesian got death threats. and what’s your deal, going to cesspools just to complain that they’re cesspools?

>different people say different things
>must be a horrible conspiracy
I'm glad that cheating is becoming more and more demonised in the mainstream rather than an just unpleasant thing that can be moved passed. It's a form of emotional spousal abuse.

Anita got death threats for sticking her wrong uninformed opinion where it didn't belong
Her entire existence in the gaming industry is because she thinks people make video games for people that clearly don't play video games

cognitive dissonance

I encourage cheating and instantly doing what you want. Basically "go for it", "just do it as long as it doesnt bother you".
I also ignore women threads asking for advice since most are bait for incels.
This might be a reason.

The men on here hate women because they desperately want their attention, but they don't and have never given it to them. They detest the idea that a woman has feelings for a man because they have never been that guy. They hold women responsible for the fact that they are not desirable and this spills over whenever a woman comes here to ask advice. Essentially, they get triggered.

They're always rooting for the guy who likes a girl because hes in the same position. If he succeeds, there's every chance they will. I mean, they won't, but it's probably the one thing stopping them from necking themselves so they support him.

Attached: Unicol-GKX-Home-Cinema-Projector-Mount-1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 91K)

>23 year old girl with 4 former partners a "degenerate whore"
You forgot to mention that she fucked another girl and got railed by two guys in a threesome

If a guy manages to cuck me means I am a failure as a man.
Since I am not I have no problem with guys trying in general

This, because other men having these womens' attention means that there is something sexually undesirable about them and they need to make some changes in their lifestyle in order to be seen as even a tolerable mate, and they're too proud to better themselves. The men touting the words "whore" and "slut" as negative connotations are and will continue to be lazy, entitled, undesirable garbage people and will never have fulfilling relationships with anyone.