Hello, my boyfriend said something fairly concerning and I was wondering about Jow Forums's take on it

Hello, my boyfriend said something fairly concerning and I was wondering about Jow Forums's take on it.

My boyfriend has two nephews, one who just turned 6 and another who is 2. Yesterday, Alan (my boyfriend) was talking to me and said "6 is a fun age because by this point you can start having actual conversations with them. Before kids turn 5 or so, they're more like pet dogs and cats, they're just there to be cute and run around everywhere."

Am I being too sensitive in feeling that this dehumanizes kids below the age of 5, or in worrying whether this means my boyfriend might abuse our future children because toddlers are apparently just animals to him? How should I raise the subject with him that his remark has really upset me?

Attached: __matou_sakura_fate_extra_and_fate_series_drawn_by_kk_forza__sample-f32bd79d81b4b157e84065c39a00eb9f (850x1201, 194K)

Desu I like cats more than I like kids, but I wouldn't abuse either. Little kids aren't really that fun to be around because like your bf said, you can barely connect with them. I like playing with my nephew who is five because he isn't just mindlessly tossing his toys around anymore. You sound like a female faggot desu.

omg are you retarded OP?

have you never been around actual babies and toddlers?

dogs and cats are smarter than them.

quit being so hysterical.

What exactly did he say that is wrong?

He compared children below a certain age to animals, and that's not very promising given that most people neglect their pets aside from giving them food and water. Children need love and attention, and based on his comparison I'm not sure he realizes that. I could try to change him, but a zebra never changes his stripes and such...

Just break up with him. He won't make a good father, I'm sure of it. Please break up with him OP

He was talking about connection and interaction, and he is right.
Hell, all humans are animals by a scientific pov.
I hope he breaks up with you and ends up breeding a better partner, poor bastard.

Fucking what?
This is an insane over reaction, OP.

>that most people neglect their pets
is your boyfriend most people? are we talking about him, or some statistics you read?

Jesus christ what a retarded dumb cunt you are. For the sake of your bf I actually hope you break up with him, he deserves more than to raise the offspring of someone with the intelligence of a pencil.

You are probably overreacting.
As a side info, people's perspective on kids change through the years.
I never liked (other) kids as I grew up. It wasn't until I took a course at university that I changed my mind about it all.
I have probably said some awful stuff about kids before this.
I still prefer to work with older kids, but I don't look down on small kids anymore.

Where's the lie tho
You can't have conversations with young kids about anything more complex than whether or not they ate your sugar and lied about it. They're just fleshy noiseboxes that shit themselves. He's totally right about that.

Your concern is unfounded.

>most people neglect their pets
Fuck you I loved my dogs. My lab would have taken a bullet for me. Instead he got to live to the ripe old age of 17 and we buried him under the tree.

Jesus Christ. Just tell him when he says upsetting things, and tell him immediately. Dwelling on them secretly makes you sound like a mad cunt

Go have a conversation with a baby user. Report back. Humans take fucking forever to develop. Go look up how long it takes for us to realise that two 500ml cups with different widths actually hold the same amount of water. It takes fucking forever. He wasn't even saying they were like dogs in an assessment of worth: Just their conversational ability. Your boyfriend is right and you really need to get over yourself. Please get an attitude adjustment, if you're reacting like this to you going out of your way to misinterpret your boyfriend you probably do it in other ways.

men connect different to kids than women.
It's nothing you should be concerned of, your boyfriend just worded how nature works.

>He compared children below a certain age to animals
that's what I'm doing for years. because it's true.
>t. mom of three kids

What age would you stop making that comparison?

yes they're human and they understand things but they cannot communicate well and have a conversation. it is exactly like having a dog except you gotta put clothes on it. sounds like you don't have any experience being around kids and so far he would be better at parenting than you.

too sensitive. I think you might just be looking for an excuse to break up because something else is bothering you.

until about three years old.
until then they're like pets. eating, messing everything up, you always need to clean after them, they constantly do dangerous stuff, they constantly break your things
(I've had three cats before I had our kids)

Okay, this thread has helped me calm down. I won't even bother talking to him about it, I'll just let it go. My maternal instincts made me overreact.

Here is some advice: Go to a therapist because you have serious problems if this offends you.

Attached: 1531355819431.jpg (645x729, 49K)

My boyfriend is also called Alan. Literally never heard of any other young guy called Alan.

Anyway I don't think you have anything to worry about. I kind of see where he's coming from.

Are you fucking kidding me? Kids are LITERALLY underdeveloped humans. It's fucking self-evident that you couldn't treat them like adults and expect them to behave so. Your boyfriend is just observing this age-old fact. Kids become more and more "human" as they age. You could easily argue that 25 is when people start to really become people. It's commentary on the development of maturity you stupid emotional harpy.

Leave her alone, she's already admitted to being in the wrong (though I would argue her feelings were pretty understandable to begin with):

>Am I being too sensitive in feeling that this dehumanizes kids below the age of 5
Nah, you're just the typical ditz.

Humans are animals you stupid bimbo.

>sounds like you don't have any experience being around kids and so far he would be better at parenting than you.
This is the biggest irony of OP's post. Holy shit, does she come across as some clueless twit...
Probably a single child. I'll bet my left nut she'd make a terrible mother.

How is OP a ditz? She's clearly a thoughtful person (even if her thought processes are weird) and she uses proper spelling and grammar.

She's an airhead who's probably never interacted with little children before yet is pretending to be concerned about them and is clutching her pearls over nothing. If this isn't a textbook example of a ditz, I don't know what is.
I bet she speaks in that annoying way all bimbos do, where she's intoning every sentence like a question.

Kids under 5 are pretty much adorable little puppies. Your boyfriend is right.
t. Used to work with kids ages 3-14 as a swim teacher.

Your boyfriend is certainly wrong.

Dogs & cats are less annoying than kids.

Lmao op is too dumb and thinks younglings are capable of thinking

Grow up stupid faggot girl