Is it wrong for a girl to propose marriage to a man...

Is it wrong for a girl to propose marriage to a man? I told my gf that I’m open to the idea of marriage but the girl would need to propose and convince me first. This kinda triggered her.

Attached: 20E2A778-F703-46A6-AF9E-9D073B5378CD.jpg (1000x1000, 56K)

Yes its weird, do you expect her to kneel in front of you and ask "will you marry me"? The "ritual" of proposing is very important and you kind of want it ruined

>Is it wrong for a girl to propose marriage to a man?
no

No, but accept that a man saying no isn't necessarily to do with you as a person but the circumstances of marriage and shouldn't be the end of a relationship. Honest and straightforward women are attractive, but a lot of women aren't used to handling romantic rejection.

>Yes its weird, do you expect her to kneel in front of you and ask "will you marry me"?
No, I expect reasons & handholding too

>The "ritual" of proposing is very important and you kind of want it ruined
The modern western ritual is an empty relic from a bygone age, people don’t even know why they do it anymore

Where I’m from, a man used to sprinkle salt on a woman’s head when he wanted to marry her

The proposal isn't a time when someone pleads the case for their relationship. It's a simple kneel, presentation of ring, and "will you marry me?"

The whole "convince me to marry you" part is the entire relationship leading up to the proposal. You sound weird as fuck. Don't know why she'd want to marry you.

She wants to marry a man, not convince little Billy that brushing his teeth before bed is beneficial...

>the girl would need to propose and convince me first
Lmao you are retarded and getting dumped

No it's not, but don't expect many women at all to do this. A woman's ideal idea of a proposal is the man being the alpha and proposing to the girl. A woman proposing to a man just wouldn't feel right to 99% of females and males included

>Is it wrong for a girl to propose marriage to a man?
No

This part is weird though.

In general, I think marriage should be a mutual conversation, not just a gesture that one partner privately mulls over then ambushes the other with. I can at least understand the desire from either partner to have the man propose to the woman, since there's a tradition of that as being the norm. And I can understand breaking tradition insofar as a woman being the one to initiate rather than sitting around and waiting to be asked.
But the idea of a man sitting around and waiting to be asked... eh... That's just kinda lame to me. I don't think it's in a gendered way either, because I also think it's lame when girls sit around and wait for men to ask them out and shit. It's like, if a mutual discussion is one step forward, the woman asking is a half step forward, and the man waiting to be asked is just a step back.

Also, a proposal isn't a pitch meeting, that's really weird.

>This part is weird though.
This, especially that you said she has to “convince” you.

How do you think a proposal unfolds dude?

what said

I don’t think it’s wrong, but it is strange it’s a requirement of yours. To me if in this day the woman proposes, it can just mean she ended up doing it first in her excitement, or that she specifically didn’t want to have her partner spend a lot of money.
There are traits that are ideal for a man to have. Fearlessness, a proactive nature, and for his female specifically he should feel a desire to have her as his, a natural possessiveness and a desire to build a life with her.

To her you said that you don’t really have these traits if you’re both “open to marriage” but unwilling to initiate it at all.

This, if you need to be convinced to agree then don’t agree - don’t marry anyone who you didn’t already want to marry prior to the proposal

>The proposal isn't a time when someone pleads the case for their relationship
That’s literally what proposal means
>It's a simple kneel, presentation of ring, and "will you marry me?"
Cute marketing gimmick yes, but it’s silly

>You sound weird as fuck
I am weird as fuck

>Don't know why she'd want to marry you
Because I’m amazing?
Well yeah, and she should be able to have a man agree to marry her
I doubt it. The happiest marriages I’ve encountered in my life had the woman propose to the man and pour her heart out.
>A woman's ideal idea of a proposal is the man being the alpha and proposing to the girl
Sounds more like what you’d learn from TV & Movies desu

When someone proposes a business merger, do you just squeal and say “yes”?

After she tells me she wants to be my wife, I think it over a bit and we negotiate the possible terms of matrimony
>Fearlessness
Only a fool is without fear, it’s your body’s way of telling you beware

>proactive nature
I initiate lots of stuff if I really want to do it

>for his female specifically he should feel a desire to have her as his
That’s pretty creepy, she’s her own person. Not something I own. I care for her much, but I don’t see her as “mine” like a stalker.

>natural possessiveness
You feeling OK dude?

>desire to build a life with her
I already have a life she’s participating in

That sounds rushed

Attached: 14FBBD88-6548-418E-ACC9-68CDA22E2FD2.jpg (1024x645, 103K)

>falling for the marriage meme

Don’t

No matter how right that is, calling everything a meme only hurts your case.

>>You sound weird as fuck
>I am weird as fuck
>>Don't know why she'd want to marry you
>Because I’m amazing?
...God damn it, why am I a sucker for charming weirdos. You've won me over, user, I'll have my proposal to you in 2-4 business days, thank you for your consideration.

>am correct
>shouldn’t call it for what it is

Ok

Would you listen to a person that says like four times per sentence? How many times would it take before you blocked them out completely? That's what this "evolution of language" bullshit is, cramming extra words into as many places as they can be. Even though by definition marriage actually is a meme, a habit passed down through word of mouth and tradition, you know you'd also use it in every situation you could.

Thank you for your interest in applying today, a representative will contact you to schedule an interview if you qualify.

Attached: 9705610D-64EC-41AB-8C56-484CE0284F5A.jpg (1024x916, 523K)

Depends on the culture. I'm Jewish, and if a woman wanted a particular dude has her husband she would usually tell her dad that she wants him and then the dad will negotiate the bride price and dowry with the dude she wants to marry or his parents.

No it's not, my brother got married this way and is expecting a little baby daughter next year.
Anyone who tells you it is is basically a roastie or an incel who are neither an authority on relationships, not likely to even be in one.

Kek

The way the word proposal is used in other areas of life is not the same as what it means concerning marriage.

You sound like human trash who thinks he’s hot shit desu. I hope she leaves you for her own sake.

>human trash
I'd leave it to someone on Jow Forums to be a judge on who is and isn't trash, after all

>I told my gf who is invested in our relationship that I am not invested enough to promise her half my shit that I'll love her until one of us dies, should she just propose to me instead after convincing me?
Are you retarded? Of course she CAN propose to you, but she shouldn't have to, nor should she have to convince you.

> getting married in 2018

omg what country are you from good sir. I would suggest you think about that "deal" you're making with the government.

Women want "equality" (code for superiority). But they won't propose or date anyone with a lower income.

most likely, yeah

My gf proposed to me today. But it was in jest. We are already engaged and she had my ring. When she gave it back to me i joked "are you asking me to marry you? you'll need to get on a knee first" So she did, in front of everyone in public and 'proposed' to me. I love her so much