I have a roommate from Iran. At first he wanted me to not wear my shoes on the carpet, which I did

I have a roommate from Iran. At first he wanted me to not wear my shoes on the carpet, which I did.

Then it was him buying literally the cheapest internet plan (he manages the internet bill and I manage the electricity bill).

Our summer electricity bill has rarely gone above $50 (we don't run AC) which at which point he owes me money. But the one time he did owe me money over the summer and I asked him for it (like $1-3), he complains about me using electricity, specifically me using my 2 fans that I run when I sleep. In the summer. Without Air Conditioning.

Tonight I asked him for $5 because only had 3 dollars in my banking account until pay day and he owed me $6-10 over the past 6 months. He then refuses and says I owed him $10 dollars (not true) and says that he will not pay if the electricity bill is over $50. Because I use more electricity than he does.

He uses less electricity because he has a laptop and torrents shit on Uni internet. Meanwhile I have to use my desktop/lamp to do homework and use my fan to sleep.

How should I approach this and tell him he needs to pay up if the electric bill requires him too pay me Jow Forums?

Attached: ak74 microscope.jpg (4032x1760, 1.42M)

I work as an HVAC technician and most Indias and middle easterns will nickle and dime you for everything. Even if they agree to the price in writing some have tried saying that the paper was altered and it was not the price they were quoted.

By window A/C and let the power get shut off.

For that small amount of money I would just let it slide. Unless there's more instances of him taking advantage that you didn't mention.

I meant that directed to op

Is this testing the waters for a new TBS sitcom?

>A Jew and Iranian living together, the new hit series with polar opposites that turn out to have more in common than you think!

There is more to the story. He is constantly in his boxers/breifs even when going out to check the mail.

I only asked him to pay his share for one month during his entire stay.

I contacted my lawyer friends to help him get citizenship.

I do whatever he asks, no vaping in the living room (because he thinks it causes cancer), no shoes on the carpet, etc.

But when I asked him for 5 bucks he owed me and get told he he won't pay the bills I am the Jew.

Bullshit. I need to set a fucking example because he won't get another American roommate like me. They will want to run AC and want the best internet. He needs to learn, and by his awful understanding of english he needs to be more exposed to our culture/language.

Lol I'm from Iran and my family/friends are typically super generous with money because it would kill us to appear stingy. This dude is obviously from the countryside or something and not the capital city.

Iranians are stubborn and bossy. Being nice and polite won't work. You literally have to tell him off properly. If he's still an arsehole about it then I suggest moving in with another white person. This probably won't be something you can change about him.

He's from a city 10 miles from Iraq. Ir9nically he wanta to use the Air Conditioning in the winter time to heat/warm the apartment.

He's a Kurd and stubborn. He will suggest he is always right and if I correct him he will say "no no, not what I am saying" or "ya ya, I understand but.."

Also he is my elder/older than me by 10 years. I don't want to be an asshole to someone older than I am. It's not right. But if I have to I will :(

stop helping him. kick him out.
you let him walk all over you so he does.

OP; are you Jewish?

Tell him that he needs to find another place to live if he’s going to play this shit.

>My Name Jeff

You need to let this shit go.

If something is less than 1% of your annual income and it's causing an issue with another person, let it go. You'll be happier for it.

Haha, that's kinda what you get for dealing with a man of the middle east. They're all consumed by unfounded arrogance.
I'd just get out and find a better roomie. Forget him and don't try to reason with him, you can't. They're regarded as absolute shitty people for a very, very demonstrable reason.

So you're saying you use more electricity and he has found ways to live frugally and you want him to pay for it ?

Well whatever it is, just split the internet and electricity bill 50/50.

But what if the Iranian is also a jew?

It absolutely sucks to be stabbing back and forth with small amounts of money. So don't do that. I don't understand why you're not just adding the costs as a total and splitting it down the middle? That'd make more sense, right? I've never lived with someone else.

Indians are horrible for being cheap. You need to boot him when u can.

this is only indirectly related to "culture"
he's taking advantage of you, it's not a persian thing, it's a human thing

where'd you get indian from