Nihilism

How do you cope with the fact existence is meaningless

Attached: deadinside.jpg (1920x1080, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

samizdat.qc.ca/cosmos/philo/AbolitionofMan.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Zeitoun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you know it's meaningless?

What's to cope with? Nothing in life matters! This is the most uplifting concept you could possibly have.

It's not. Grow out of petty atheism and you'll realize that.

Attached: 1547790263291.jpg (900x1326, 542K)

It's only meaningless if you're a brainlet materialist.

Read Nietzsche, overcoming nihilism was his entire philosophical purpose

First grade philosophy. And you're wrong. Nietzsche's entire goal was reveling in his conception of nihilism.

Adding to this, you really only need to read two of his works: thus spoke zarathustra and one other, preferably later, work. They're all the same except Z, and Z discusses the same ideas and makes the same arguments just in a different form

based & redpilled
based & redpilled

Because everyone dies, not just us but the world and the universe too, living is only a distraction from the inevitable end,
If i had the balls i'd off myself, but sadly i don't

How do you cope with the fact that nihilism is nothing more than a demoralization tactic to kill off human beings?

You choose to live for something, even knowing that it's arbitrary and totally your choice. On the off chance you're actually asking and not just baiting read Camus and the existentialists. Your question is basically their thing.

Our time is limited, yes, but the idea that this world is pointless is an assumption, and not something philosophically defensible.

Have you ever asked yourself: Why does it have to be meaningful?

But if you had to give it meaning, I'd say: "Don't be a dick"

Who cares if life is meaningful or not?

I personally did math and thought about math to cope with it. That is why I love math so much.

deeper meaning is a human creation, there is no real reason to care about it
the only reason why we are here to pass our genes, if you arent an animal and dont care about that then you can do whatever you want to do

T. Atheist tard

Sage

user I'm sorry but you might be autistic
>Hmm, life has no inherent meaning or purpose to it
>I know, I'll do some fucking math!

there is nothing after death so why hurry? our lives are everything that exists, everything that has any worth

The world IS pointless and arbitrary
As far as we know, this pointless shithole called earth and all it's life on it can be wiped out of existence any second by a nuclear holocaust or an asteroid and it won't change the universe in the slightest way.

grow a pair of testicles kid

It isn’t.
Your existence being meaningless doesn’t mean mine is, faggot.
Go find a wife and have some kids and then come back and tell me your life still has no meaning.
Sage

why does things have to change? what do you care about anything that happens after you existence? it wont affect you in anyway, nor will you know about it, it simply doesnt exist for you, nothing will because you dont exist yourself

Another retard who probably jerks off all day and eats greasey kebabs in his third world country. Why don't you try not jerking off for 90 days then cum in your girlfriend and literally feel your soul leave your body and high five God in the clouds. All humans up until some 70 years ago believed in some form of religion and spirituality it's what the Creator (whoever it maybe) put in us. On another note the biggest redpill is that science is bullshit, astronomy is pure conjuncture and evolution is oozing with flaws because people are afraid that their grandparents are watching them jerk off from the afterlife.

brainlets like you should stick to /b/ Jow Forums and /sp/

Suck a fat dick you mongol Swede rape baby

Meaning is only possible in Life.
The choices are only possible to only further our lives, the freedom to deny that is just the icing.

TL:DR;
The meaning of life is life,
the successive acts of prolonging of survival bring us pleasure.

based and redpilled

We were put on this earth to serve the Jews. That is our only purpose in life.

ofc an idealist denies materialistic meaning - then sneaks in his unreal purposes
Oy Vey read Rand instead goy! (shes jewish)

oh look the caveman got angry, how predictable for a sub-human scum like yourself
if you arent in the top 1% IQ you shouldnt bother yourself with philosophy, the only way a retard like you can grasp such abstract concepts is true man made religions

Why bother living, when everything is impermanent?
Living with that thought is literally the epitome of the blackpill. It's not like i want it to be that way, but it's far better than ignorance i suppose

>How do you cope with the fact existence is meaningless

*tips fedora*

Attached: Fedora life.jpg (500x500, 68K)

>fact
That's the "manic" half of "manic-depressive."
These
Jesus Christ was the first fruits of the resurrection. We'll all get to hang out with him some day.

I enjoy it for what it is. Positive experiences are better than negative ones

Without God nihilism is the only non-brainlet option, like any person with above 100 iq realizes you either

1) Believe in God
2) Believe in yourself

Most people are brainlets and follow a third option where they believe the internet gurus about how they should dictate their own life

Nietzsche was just assblasted that most europeans in his age didn't believe in Christianity because it wasn't "necessary", he believed that his age had so much comformity and lack of struggle that people just went with the motions with Christianity instead of really believing in it, which he despised

Obviously Nietzsche was a christian that really wanted to believe but couldn't believe in the catholic church, it gets more obvious when you realize he fell down for Wagner as an idol and literally wrote a book out of it (Birth of tragedy) interpretating religions as either Apollonian and Dionysian, he lost faith in christianity and sought it everywhere else, he came up with the idea that music was the living spirit, but then wagner revealed himself as a piece of shit and he wrote "Human, All too Human"... People should read nietzsche with a biography book as reference

nietzsche was a shit philosopher

>spending years sweating trying to build "muh perfect trad life"
>nigger ape mass murders all of your family because he had nothing better to do, leaving all your effort in vain

life is what you make of it.
make your own meaning, sun-fag.

why does anything has to be permanent, like I said, only things that you experience matter to you, everything else might as well not exist
you are stuck in an objective focused worldview, not subjective and this is the cause of your depression, you cant change the world, but you can change how you experience it, giving a shit about stuff that doesnt directly affect you nor can you do anything about to change quarantees that you will never be happy
tl;dr choose your battles, only care and try to affect things that you have a good chance to succeed in, or you are fighting for your life

by having meaning in your life and rejecting that narrative.

what's wrong with wagner?

Stop spreading lies, kike

Attached: 1546877388703.jpg (500x477, 19K)

OP I feel like your going through a stage in your life that people with above average IQ go through. But don't worry it'll go away a few weeks from now or even months depending how hard you search for your truth and in the end you'll grow from this and be a better person. I think which helped me speed up my recovery was hanging out with friends and checking majestic nature sites. When I do all that I feel connected with the planet and all it's people and feel a weird but blissful sense of immortality.

Nihilism isn't for everyone shit stain. Why don't you go out and explore the world. You know I went backpacking through Columbia? I did and got to see two monkeys actually throwing feces at each other. Nature can be really beautiful and the physical world is not everything you see. Be open to new things.

It's not for me. I'm a Christian. I don't die here. I will live on with my people and my Father.
You exist in the soul forge. To rise to or fall from God. That is your reason for being here.
To die, or not. To find real life, or not.
The Bible tells that this world fades and nothing lasts and that there is nothing new under the sun. I believe it. But it says there's more.

Attached: 1503183843321.jpg (600x753, 43K)

spbp

samizdat.qc.ca/cosmos/philo/AbolitionofMan.pdf

Another retard who probably believes that denying himself pleasure and truth in his morally bankrupt country. Why don't you try not making floating abstractions for a single moment and integrate what your ideas lead to and find one that allows you to have a sense of life in a benevolent universe. Humans at some 7000+ years ago didn't have time for religion or spirituality, they did what they did to survive and that was what made them happy. On another note the biggest redpill is that 99,9%+ of humanity will never experience happiness, idealistic higher purposes are pure conjecture
and hedonistic carnal pleasures oozes with temporally abstracted flaws because their grandparents lived life as if they died the next day and considered that 'selfish'.

Attached: 1544916006036.jpg (157x117, 3K)

Why should its meaninglessness mean anything to me?

Make the most of it. Enjoy yourself

Might as well do something fun if it's meaningless anyway :^)

You have an internet connection don't you? If you have such a crippling fear of reality why don't you study philosophy. At least then you will be working towards trying to comprehend it.

believing in yourself isnt a fucking nihilistic dogma, it doesnt even relate to nihilism.
the two options are:

1) Believe in an 'other' - Atheistic Social-isms, God
1) Believe in yourself - Egoism

It's not.

Attached: 19e132c0d533f08991667e4694a9ff9ca161c5f0f67d0e74d5c254ab904fdf9f.jpg (639x819, 75K)

I don't.
I tell myself there is no seek able answer to existence.

But meanwhile, it doesn't change the fact that I'm here, and that I'll be gone someday.
Might as well stay for the shitshow.

Things do not exist for no reason, be grateful you get a chance to understand a portion of that reason.
Then why IS it? If you were pointless then why are you here? You just are? Illogical nonsense.
>As far as we know, this pointless shithole called earth and all it's life on it can be wiped out of existence any second by a nuclear holocaust or an asteroid and it won't change the universe in the slightest way.
Which also means your bitching and moaning is pointless. At least there's a chance of survival if there are actually people who value their lives enough to save themselves.

>Why bother living, when everything is impermanent?
Everything is permanent, it's parts are not permanent parts. You live because the universe must grow in order to stay alive, it doesn't have a concept of having no will to live. That fact that you do shows that you believe a bunch of stupid human opinions instead of how reality works.

Attached: kysyourself.jpg (500x390, 84K)

>sums up the majority of people
tiredcucks who cower at something they dont even try to understand.

I´m gonna use your meningless thread, teenager, to drop this posible red pill:
The fight bettwen Kanye West and Drake it´s a moder version of the tale: The Frog (Pepe/YE) and The Scorpion (Drake/The Jews).

Attached: IMG_0202.jpg (300x223, 16K)

Proof that the Christian God exists:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Zeitoun
>Our Lady of Zeitoun, also known simply as El-Zeitoun, Zeitun or rarely Our Lady of Light, was a mass Marian apparition that occurred in the Zeitoun district of Cairo, Egypt, over a period of 2–3 years beginning on April 2, 1968.
>The apparitions were also witnessed by President Gamal Abdel Nasser,[5] and captured by newspaper photographers and Egyptian television. Investigations performed by the police could find no explanation for the phenomenon. No device was found within a radius of fifteen miles capable of projecting the image, while the sheer number of photographs from independent sources suggests that no photographic manipulation was involved. Having been unable to produce an alternative explanation for the luminous sightings, the Egyptian government accepted the apparitions as true.[6]
>Estimates of the number of observers of the event vary greatly. Thousands were said to have flocked to the Church after the first announced occurrences of the phenomenon. Some claim the apparitions were seen by millions. Other sources estimate the figure at around 250,000 in total.
And the best the skeptics have to say is:
>Sociologists Robert Bartholomew and Erich Goode offer the Zeitoun apparitions as a prominent case of mass hysteria: “It appears that the Marian observers were predisposed by religious background and social expectation to interpreting the light displays as related to the Virgin Mary.”[9]
DUDE 250000 PEOPLE MASS HYSTERIA LMAO

Attached: Zeitun.gif (333x502, 136K)

>wasting time "thinking" about the "meaning" of "life"

Yikes. You obviously have too much time on your hands to be wasting your finite time in frivolous nonsense like "but what's the point of life?" questions.

At its base your sole purpose is to improve the human condition and propagate humanity. How you choose to do that is up to you and something you can debate with your peers. The fundamentals are literally that simple, the "how" is the interesting bit.

Stop being a loser.

Attached: 1546047290668.jpg (2820x1880, 878K)

Attached: 1547028581830.jpg (1024x882, 98K)

Attached: 30683746378.jpg (2048x1366, 526K)

Nothing really, just Nietzsche put faith into that Wagner as his ultimate beacon of virtue since he believed music could give light to the spirit of life itself, so in a hegelian way Wagner should need to be the perfect human being to be able to create such good art

Nietzsche thought Wagner should have been some sort of ascetic paragon of virtue, but once he met him and saw how he lived his life he became disenchanted and wrote "Human, all too Human"

I think the most probably thing that happened was that Nietzsche tried to discuss Wagner about the implications of music and Wagner didn't gave a shit, also Nietzsche hated politics and since Wagner tried to get into politics he also started get annoyed by that, I put "piece of shit" since that's the feeling Nietzsche came up with the relationship

When you believe it's to give meaning to your life, it implies that what you believe in has more knowledge than you about life or afterlife or the mechanism between two, believing in yourself gives to nihilism because you always will get to a barrier where you realize you can't know anything about the meaning of life

You are right in that you believe in the big "other", but atheism doesn't make sense without believing in yourself because when you believe in the big other (and get into ideology like the Job book where job ask god what the fuck was his life about), you ask for infinite knowledge which only God can have (obviously this leap is not instantly done, for example Kierkegaard regards three ways to live in the other, the aesthetic (hedonism giving meaning), the ethical one (politics giving meaning), and the religious (faith in god itself, seeking god to have meaning))

I would honestly assume if you truly thought that life was meaningless it would be a big weight off your shoulders.

The universe only exists becouse i perceive it. Without me the universe is no longer there for as far as i know. Hence there is meaning to my life.

>everything is impermanent
What the fuck do you know about "everything"? You don't know shit. None of us does. Focusing only on what you can see with your own eyes in front of you is nigger-tier behavior.
Once you kill yourself I expect Macedonia's average IQ score to rise by at least 10 points.

Yeah, if Jesus shows up again, I'm gonna kick his lazy ass.

>Things do not exist for no reason
the logical translation of that is that every thing became that thing, all things have causes - mechanism.
this is disputable even in religion, where god is causa sui (caused by self) or eternal (uncaused). the natural logic would point the same to Existence itself.

In terms of humans who are indeed born, from an individual's perspective, there is no call-to-action purpose that is innate. cause or neccessity of one's actions is non-existent (free will), our actions are chosen.

>no way a jew or some women could have tricked us or lied to us haha

Thank you. An interesting perspective

By cultivating new loyalties. Read your Nietzsche and Evola. The point of existence is to mold it to your will however you can. If other stand in your way, destroy them.

>improve the human condition and propagate humanity

our actions are chosen, reproductive abilities is a necessity for our existence but not an "innate" and necessary purpose.

stop being a retard and look this stuff up.

1 grade philosophy
Wtf ?
Flag checks out.
I’ve read your nietzsche translations trying to find the english equivalent of a part I liked and couldnt even find it, they’re so heavly modified most of it doesnt mean shit
They go as far as removing metaphores to explain it thenselves or making up metaphores that are not even there.
German and french versions or fk off
A burgers opinion on Nietzsche should always be discarded. And thats without even considering the chance that he might be an evangelical. So even if they did understand they’d hate it

Nice try nonce. Nihilism is the end of thought. Translation doesn't matter: Philosophy and the laws of Logic transcend language.

Life only has as much meaning as you give it

Give your life meaning to make it meaningful. I'm here all week.

How do we deal with OP's faggotry?
By SAGE and REPORT

Burger flag on Nietzsche
Discarded
That simple, monolingual scum

He's wrong though.
Being happy/trying hard won't change that you will die as well.
Then it's the great unknown, also.

your communication is sadly quite unintelligible, but i'll leave this:
the meaning of life is NOT to acquire meaning, all acts and choices and values are intrinsically related to the choice of life or death - ie in choosing to live, there comes a set of actions necessary(a purpose) in order to achieve that choice. death is quite literally meaningless as it is inaction or action without purpose.

I am certain that you are not using/ not sure about the meaning of certain words like Atheism - means no god, Egoism is to act for yourself.

Hedonism again refers to incoherent or meaningless acts, Emotions are related to evaluative acts but detached to reason(chosen purpose).
Ethics is morality related to oneself, and to detach it via Other-isms is illogical.

everyone dies, no one knows what happens after death
therefor it doesnt matter, we cant experience our own death, to us it doesnt even exist

Attached: Death-Quotes-50154-statusmind.com.jpg (600x400, 105K)

this, there is no words, no definitions, no meanings no purpose and no values outside the living.

Not to sound like an edgelord but i honestly dont care if god will judge me based on blind faith. I try to live in accordance with my conscience and i dont care if i end up in heaven, hell or a void

>the logical translation of that is that every thing became that thing, all things have causes - mechanism.
>"all things have causes"
All things are caused by another indeed, meaning that the thing that caused is in some ways is a "cause" in the absolute sense of the word. The will was there to induce a cause...there is nothing predetermined about it. You can sit and twiddle your thumbs, have kids, read books or have it consumed by yourself.

>this is disputable even in religion, where god is causa sui (caused by self) or eternal (uncaused). the natural logic would point the same to Existence itself.
Ahahaha. Metaphysics can barely give you a taste of the whole picture...Secularized metaphysics will delude it even more. For instance...God. You think that a simple, stupid human being has the capacity to understand God, let alone speak of him? God without speaking of virtue is just a name. And it is virtuous, self similarity that is. Otherwise it would hold no morals whatsoever and would not be compelled to do anything.

>In terms of humans who are indeed born, from an individual's perspective, there is no call-to-action purpose that is innate. cause or neccessity of one's actions is non-existent (free will), our actions are chosen.

The "call to action" is to live and continue in self similarity. "Free will" is not free, but will in the sense that you can drive the ship past obstacles in the waters of life totally exist. There is nothing predetermined about it other than "it is". However since it cannot define itself then it must be defined by what it does. "It is what it does", if it does nothing then it is nothing. If it has no reason to be then it would emanate that same action because it would have nothing else to derive from. No reason for action=no action.

Attached: god.jpg (493x240, 76K)

Therefore, what you do in your life doesn't matter.

I’m going to FUCK you!!

true, but its natural to prefer pleasure over suffering
living healthy, mentally and physically is the best thing you can do, if you like people, then surround yourself with people who give more than take, if you dont, then live as a hermit and remove everything that you dont enjoy and isint necessary from your life to maximize pleasure and minimize suffering

I have also tried reading Nietzsche but the monkeydonian translation is pure crap
as this user points out the english one shit too
am i stuck with learning german?

The system is designed to have certain things ppl can hope for. Life after death being the most common. The explanation for this has been debunked many times. Boom, systems evolve, then collapse to be reborn

thank you

nietzsche didnt have any unique ideas, no one has, there is only popular and well-known ones and those that never get shared
after all, why bother sharing your ideas if you are a nihilist? what does it matter what other people think? it doesnt change anything about your life if some random around the globe doesnt understand human life and existence

This, when you realize that existence is meaningless theres no reason to cope for anything.

>existence is meaningless
Nope. Existence is meant for having fun. TRY having fun for once. Maybe kill your parents?

Here is a real answer.
If existence had a built-in meaning, then you would be enslaved to that meaning, and any failure to pursue it would be a deep mark against you.
Because existence has no baked-in meaning, you have the ultimate freedom to define and pursue your own goals and destiny. This is freedom in its purest form.
Only NPCs need meaning dictated to them.

np fren

Attached: 73885692834.jpg (408x450, 111K)

I find my own meaning in life. I don't need to listen to what others believe is meaningful, I can agree with them if I want, but I don't have to follow everything society says even if I feel it wrong, because it's all meaningless in the end. I find it very freeing.

This may very well be true but not all people who strive for a traditional life meet the same fate and that means there is some order in this chaos but that's only expected since the universe operates on the concept of duality . This argument is obviously more complicated than what you're used to

Maybe keep one around for organ donor purposes unless you’re just going to lose interest at the first sign of douba jeppardy.

Attached: EE8E752F-5189-492E-8EF4-8E52C7BD71A5.jpg (326x294, 20K)

>something becomes popular due to its brilliance
>pol calls it shit because it’s not obscure enough/ they are contrarian