Is my girlfriend retarded?

>Is my girlfriend retarded?

My girlfriend will cook scrambled eggs or something. She cracks the eggs, but, instead of throwing the egg shells away, she puts them back in the carton of eggs, with the whole, intact, eggs.

So today i went to fix some eggs, and when i opened the carton, i was like wtf. I was having to move the eggs around to see if they were intact or just shells.

So i asked her 'did you put the egg shells back in the egg carton?' And shes like 'yeah i do that.'

Does anyone else do that? What is up with that.

Attached: 509673304-612x612.jpg (490x612, 21K)

never heard of that behaviour. It's probably irrational laziness though. Like, why throw it into the trash when I can just leave it like that?

I'd really ask her about it user. She'll know.

I think I’ve seen people do that, idk. I wouldn’t get bent over it

I don't think she's retarded but I'd ask how she picked up that habit. It's pretty odd though.

No, my mom used to do that shit. She hated throwing any leftovers in the garbage because it made it smell, and she thought eggshells would make it smell shitty too, so she'd put them back in the carton until they were gone.
I just throw them away but I guess some people have reasons

That's the way her mother did it and that's the way her grandmother did it, and maybe her great-grandmother was saving the shells to use as mineral supplies in the garden dirt. The reason has been lost with the generations but the habit lingers on.

It is totally harmless, and you should find some more significant things to obsess over.

Attached: mr natural.jpg (659x346, 93K)

It's not totally harmless, it's a pain in the ass and it's gross because some of the old egg shells have leftover yolk which can drip in the carton, which makes it nasty to handle.

But that's an interesting point on the mineral supplies.

My mom uses the shells for the garden too. Dunno if that’s why your gf does it tho

This is what I immediately thought of. Make a compost pile for your gf.

My sister literally leaves garbage NEXT to the trashcan on the counter. I think some women just have an aversion to basic tidiness.

It takes more effort to place the shells back into the carton in such a way that OP needs to check if they're eggs or shells than to just throw them in the trash.

It's an odd habit, not indicative of autism or anything but might be a form of OCD.

Maybe her mom did it for the garden or some shit and your gf just do it because a gained habit, is not that weird

There's nothing wrong with it specifically, there's no danger or anything. Just a weird quirk.

>womeme
>retarded

Yes.
Thread closed.

Attached: 1537627551750.gif (466x342, 2.88M)

I put them back in the carton because my trash can is under the sink behind a door and usually after cracking an egg, it'll require immediate attention. That being said when I'm cleaning up and putting the carton back in the cupboard I'll remove the shells.

Best thread in a while

I do that because they don't decay if still in the fridge - if they're in the garbage at room temp the smell can attract ants and I don't want to waste a bag until a whole carton can be thrown out etc

Fuck off cunt. I only do it because my dad does it.

>eggs
>attract ants
Ants are exclusively vegetarian, they only eat carbs

I do it, user.
Fight me.

Does your carton not have individual egg cradles? How could the leftover yolk even spill over/out?

Then why the fuck do they swarm all over dead caterpillars and shit?

Or any fucking piece of food left on the counter. user is retarded.

I do this too, but because I like to throw the cardboard carton plus all the eggshells onto the compost heap, biogenic calcium plus a nice carbon source is a great balancer for all the vegetable scraps I throw in there.

Would make a decent Seinfeld episode

I've seen it done for composting convenience. Does she enjoy gardening?