Maybe this is more of a Jow Forums thing but I'll ask here. How do I overcome coders block?

Maybe this is more of a Jow Forums thing but I'll ask here. How do I overcome coders block?

Half the time I can get into the zone and pump out some great work, but the other half I just stare at the screen, write a few functions, then get really tired.

Any tips?

Attached: 1512203772968.png (1200x1695, 1.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

marinaratimer.com/twLox
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe stop looking at half clothed children on the internet. That should help your clogged brain.

What?

It's just an anime girl, and she clearly has breasts. Why so hostile?

I can't help you with that because coding is boring and nobody values your work. That's why they replace you with Indians that do the work for really cheap. If you wanna slave at a meaningless job be my guest. I'm out

How did you move out of it?

Take a break. Do something else for an hour.

Dang idk why salty people are trying to give advice

Kek, pic related.

Personally i go to toilet where i "debug" inside my head.

Attached: crabs and buckets.png (540x829, 307K)

>someone who's never seen outsourced work

What exactly is blocked? Ideas for programs to make, ideas for how to implement, or what

What if she had smaller breasts?

Motivation to keep going. I'm implementing something in keras right now, and it is so much tweaking and reiterating it's making me want to pull what little remains of my hair out

Attached: vivianjames.jpg (3004x1567, 1.66M)

Sounds like you just need to learn to take a break before you reach that point.

I'm working on something, but was getting frustrated. I know I don't work well when i get frustrated. I'm sitting by my pool shitposting with a beer and will go back at it tomorrow.

I sometimes take a break onto this place but then I'm here for 6 hours.

I need to figure out how to avoid that.

Do what I did once.
Download a free trial of a major parental control software. Create a password to the administrator account on your computer profile and give it to somebody else to hold onto.
Create another profile on your computer that cannot turn off or uninstall that parental control program and go to that file.
From your administrator computer profile, have the parental control program block Jow Forums and other time wasting websites you go to. Once you're done tweaking and blocking everything you need to block to be productive, log out of the administrator account and go into the guest account.

Now you are stuck in a guest account that does not have a password to turn off the programs that are blocking the websites you want to be on.

I found this measure very effective and very necessary because any other site blocking productivity app I would just eventually uninstall to cheat my way back to the sites I wasted time on. The parental control service I personally used was called Mcafee

I need to install that for sure

Do that agile/scrum thing or whatever. It's meant for teams, but it can still help with organization, motivation, and giving you a sense of progress when done alone.

I just joined a company where they use that method, and it really does help break things down into bite sized chunks so you don't feel overwhelmed and just stop.

That's actually a great idea. I'll try that next week!

Attached: 1523739773588.jpg (1183x1752, 286K)

Try this. Many of my teachers use it and it's great for procrastinators: marinaratimer.com/twLox

The fuck is coder's block? Is this like writer's block? How the fuck do you not know what you're suppose to program?

Iyour focus will improve if your mind has other stimulus or you leave the problem alone for a while and let your mind catch up. Depends on the situation and how bad it is. But try to take a 15 minute break where you do something completely different and totally focus on that, forgetting about the coding. In the longer term you can also take up some sort of activity regularly that gets your mind in another zone. taking swimming lessons or yoga or something completely different. But if you are having a serious block in a certain problem, the best way to resolve it is to stop what you're doing and sleep on it and come back to it the next day. If you're in a real jam with time, try taking a nap for an hour. Your sub conscious mind sometimes gets exhausted and it needs time to recover or mull over the information some more to come to a solution.

Give yourself little breaks and a change in scenery (mental or literal.) Small stuff goes a long way. Dunno if it'll work for you, but having a personal project, no matter how stupid or spontaneous, helps keeps me going too

There's no such thing as Coder's Block.
That just means you haven't prepared enough, you should be doing the design first. Coder's Block is just an excuse retards use.

A lot of effort to get around having basic self control

It's more a focus thing.