My girlfriend just broke up with me yesterday over a situation we had

My girlfriend just broke up with me yesterday over a situation we had.

>She complained I don't draw enough for her
>She argued she draws me stuff all the time and that she's unappreciated
>Tells me she's coming over to take back the art she gave me for my birthday every year
>I explain very clearly that I will not let her in
>She gets in her car
>Tell her again I will not let her in
>She is driving
>I emphasize a third time, I will not let her into my place
>She gets to the door and knocks, eventually crying and making a scene in the apartment hall
>I do not answer the door
>Calls me, "LET ME IN"
>"No."
>says she will punish me physically
>Tell her I DEFINITELY will not let her in then
>Then cries, saying she'll do anything
>I remain firm and do not let her in
>She goes to her car and screams/cries
>Eventually she stops and apologizes to me, then breaks up with me for doing that to her because "you don't care about me"

Aside from the fact that she's just incredibly incorrect about everything she claimed, including her making art for me frequently. She admits she was wrong but will not get back together with me because of how I treated her when she was at my door.

Am I in the wrong here? I feel as though I was not and she truly did everything wrong. Am I better off?

Attached: 1538352547009.jpg (284x306, 20K)

you both are completely autistic retards, how could you get upset over each others drawings ?!?

But yes you are wrong, she clearly needs validation from you and you took her statements at face value instead of asking why she does that and you didn't want to talk with her through it. Completely shut her out, she probably has some fucking issues if she gets upset about something

I'm not mad at all about the drawings, I found it to be such a non-issue that I questioned why she was making such a huge big deal about it. What I was not ok with was her coming over uninvited and taking back things she gave me for my birthdays that I consider to be precious to me.

She went to great lengths to explain her anger and why and all that and it came down to her being angry me and another friend don't draw her D&D character much but drew other people's characters in the party. I proceeded to draw her character as she kept yelling, then she called it shit and low effort and then said she was coming to take some things from me.

I just... Then making a scene in my hallway and bothering the neighbors when I told her no. What the fuck?

how long are you together ?
she sounds crazy but i think you blocked her out too much, she was your gf. You should question that crazy behavior.
If it really is about just her not getting a good drawing, good that it's over but i doubt that's only that

She threatened physical abuse, trying to guilt you and even take back “gifts”, didn’t listen to you about not letting her in. Ditch this demanding little shit thot.

>Tells me she's coming over to take back the art she gave me for my birthday every year
She's craaaay.

It felt like this... if I let her in, then it teaches her no matter how many times I say no, she can get a yes. The same thing happened with sex a few days ago. I said no but by the end of the day I let it happen.

We're almost two years in now. I have tried to question it. She feels I am too quick to explain why a feeling is wrong rather than accept it. When she says "How dare you draw other people's characters and not mine after all the times I've drawn stuff for you" I question the legitimacy of this as a complaint. She needed only ask me to do so, and I did without objection. Her anger was rooted in me not doing it without being asked to. And as much as this would be nothing to someone else, her issues with jealousy, insecurity and depression don't make it better.

Correct. She listed me being unwilling to "pay" (receive physical assaults, which I have let happen in the past) as a reason she was unwilling to let it go.

I don't get why it equates to stuff you make for someone's birthday but in her head they were equal.

Attached: 1538102081845.jpg (1004x1200, 151K)

>posting indo-communist propaganda
You deserve your suffering.

she broke up with you because she felt embarrassed when you didnt let her into your apartment after she cried in the hallway outside.

also there is a lot more going on here than just what you've described. She wouldnt have behaved that way out of the blue. Context would explain the behavior, but that doesnt mean what she did was acceptable either.

you probably shouldnt peruse the relationship further. She is too immature, and so are you, probably.

Explain please

Post some of her art. As crazy as she sounds, it better be mind-blowingly good.

I won't do that.

Honestly you both sound shit.

I don't have any advice for you, we don't have a clear enough picture of the situation and it's not possible for you to give one. You're definitely better off because it sounds like you're incompatible in any case.

you're a flaming homosexual

He hits the nail on the head. Listen OP, you sound young and Im not ragging on that. I've been there, I've made similar stupid calls like you (not letting a crying girl into my apartment/car), and at the time I thought I was in the right. The difference is that you can still make it right. ASAP, call her and apologize sincerely, tell her it was a bad lapse in judgement, you want to make this relationship work, and that she can come over any time. Draw her something nice, treat both yourselves to a nice dinner, something like that. I'm not saying you're entirely at fault either, relationship problems are rarely ever the fault of one person, but if you love her you can make it work.

>enabling some unstable bitch
Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you? The most generous interpretation is that she's an immature brat who uses temper tantrums to get her way. Unless OP is a total masochist, there is no point to deal with people like that.

I understand. Thank you. I guess I should have let her in.

At the time I thought she was doing it to get her way. When you tell someone no repeatedly and they won't respect that it becomes a point of where to draw the line. I don't like caving in when someone starts crying because that teaches them it's ok to disregard everything I said if it makes her upset enough.

This is where I stood and I agree here. There's a limit. She threatened to physically hurt me before she started crying and screaming. This is a tantrum.

whether or not you actually did anything wrong is irrelevant when she's fucking crazy and threatening physical harm. good riddance.

Oh boy 5th grade was rough.

She wanted you to let her in so you can have make0up sex. Yeah, women are retarded like that.

I should also add that she's been feeling sick and tried to use it against me when I told her to stay in bed and rest yet she drove to my place and then said "I need to use the bathroom" and "You're leaving a sick person out here!"

When she apologized after it was all over she acknowledged she was wrong and I invited her to come back from her car and come in, but she went home instead.

She wants me to make it up to her for leaving her out in order to fix things.

she's claiming that she was actually coming over to fix things and that it was no longer about the drawings, and that she wasn't threatening to hurt me.

I'm confused bros. I just feel like she's changing the story but she believes it wholly.

Attached: 1538028077822.jpg (710x600, 34K)

>tfw there are people out there who's whole relationship depends on how many self made colorful pictures they give each other

good job OP, that bitch was crazy. once you let crazy in it gets even crazier. you did the right thing. you can give her art back if you want, bag it up and drop it off at her place or dump it somewhere for her to pick up. or keep it too, whatever.

Better off without her. By what I read so far she sounds abusive.

Ok based solely on what you've said here OP you were completely in the right.

Do not undermine yourself now, especially when she admits she was wrong.

Overall, she sounds like a complete child and quite frankly this is how you treat children, otherwise they *will* walk all over you.

Why the hell are you with her? She sounds like a walking stereotype of an emotional, hysterical, insufferably irrational woman.

what she said isnt necessarily representative of her intentions

Op, your girlfriend acted like an immature moron. She doesn't have enough emotional maturity and self-awareness or else she would've been able to slow down and organize her thoughts a it more before playing a game of chicken.

HOWEVER, she at least had the ability to go back and think through her actions and then admit that she was wrong.

YOU, on the other hand, have not even made it that far. People are innately emotional beings and you are no exception. Your girlfriend (well, ex now I suppose) is not wrong in asserting that you don't care about her because you have demonstrated that you care more about being "right" and "winning" than her mental well-being. I'm sure there were plenty of chances to deescalate and deflect in order to find out what it is exactly that's REALLY bothering her, but from the sounds of it it doesn't sound like you really tried.

Just based off of what you've said, it seems obvious enough to me that it's not really the pictures that's bothering her - she feels like you prioritize your friends over her and is unhappy about that since you've been together 2 years. Now I don't know whether that's true or not, but it's what she feels and therefore must be addressed in some way or another.

I mean honestly it doesn't really seem like you were happy with the relationship anyway due to the way you describe the forced sex and how your first inclination is to get validation over the internet even though it hasn't even been a week since she broke up with you.

As a girl who had issues like your gf before (anger, violence) I think it's best you let her go. She was in the wrong and will probably get crazier if you continue seeing her. In a few weeks or months she'll hopefully realize how retarded she was and become a better person.

Amazing

>She complained I don't draw enough for her
>She argued she draws me stuff all the time and that she's unappreciated

What in the fuck? To be honest you could have easily fixed this by drawing her something nice. I bet you argued like an Autist about how wrong she was instead of just saying that you understand and you'll draw her something special

Sometimes you just gotta pick your battles dude.

When she calmed down and stopped making a scene and apologized I then welcomed her up. She refused.

I didn't want her to beat on me again. Last time she did she busted my lip.

Read the thread. I drew her something while she kept yelling. Then she called my art shit and Low effort even when I used my good pens to do it...

LMAO
You used your good pens?

Surely this has to be satire.

I wish it was. It was crazy to me. She just kept going on and on.

I have no sympathy for you. Chances are you knew your girlfriend was an overdramatic shit-head before you got into this whole thing. I have a hard time believing this is the first time she's done or said something batshit so I'm not sure why you're acting so surprised. You made a bad investment and this is your return. We can talk about how crazy she is all day but ultimately you're the one who decides whether you've had enough or whether you want to stick around for more of this shit. You're the one who made the conscious choice to date a fucking psychopath. That's on you.

I was counting on her changing. I didn't expect her to break up with me. But I think you're right. It makes me sad though.

>Am I in the wrong here?
no. you will be in the wrong though if you take her back. man you dodged a hugh bullet. throw a party you got rid of such a crazy girl.

You don't have empathy and she needs to grow up. You're both in the wrong.

OP where do you live? an exact address? or where does she live? You two attended art college or something?

Can we please kill OP who's probably a by the book boring lukewarm indifferent straightman far too dumb for his own good and his retarded gf?

This is why artists do not belong in this life. They provide neither the intellectual smarts of literature majors and neither the technical usefulness of scientific engineers and handymen like plumbers, welders, electricians, construction workers.

Artists are as scum and useless as math teachers who are too dumb to branch into something else.
But especially visuals artists for some reason. You won't hear a musician throw temper tantrums and acting so arrogant and delusional. Self-overgloryfying retards, that's what drawfags are.

I'm not even an artist bro. I draw for fun. It isn't my career. I've never attempted to make it one. It's just something I do casually as a hobby, which makes her demand for art that much more baffling to me.

Same can be said of her, she puts more time into it but it isn't her career. She just looks at it like some huge big deal for some reason. I didn't understand why she made such a scene about it all even to begin with before she left her home. (only 15 minutes away it isn't a big drive in any capacity)

>I should've let her in
No you fucking shouldn't have. She acted the way she did because in her mind you're a push over. Your words mean fucking shit, and she knows that if she rocks up wielding her psychology you'll fold and let her in.

You didn't, and she didn't know how to handle that. So in her autistic female rage she did only what she knows. Double down on the manipulation. Id bet my balls she pulled the break up card to get you to back down.

Basically bitch be Cray. You did right, drop her and don't be a pussy with your next girl.

U are dating a literal tard. move on.

Holy shit, this is why Jow Forums is my favorite board. Absolute fucking autism from both of you.
I can't stop laughing. She broke up with you because you weren't drawing? are you fucking kidding me?
Lol.

Gee user, maybe, I don't know, maybe just don't be A FUCKING FAGGOT HOLY SHIT this was the most autistic thing I've read here recently. Arguing like 2 apes and breaking up over some shitty ass drawings

oth of you are autistic

>that retard bowser meme
You both deserve the bullet and you can't draw

>Mad that you don't doodle enough for her
>She puts this much value into a drawing
>Attempts to take back things she gifted to you
>Overly emotional
>Threatens violence against you
>Makes this your fault

>Expects you to accept her feelings instead of questioning them
>Wants you to "pay" for your "wrongdoings"

user you've been dating a literal fucking retard for the past few years lmao I know you're not defending her but still. I understand the notion of "We've been together two years" but that's obviously gone out the window now after how she acted. Just block contact with her and find a new girlfriend. Sorry this happened to you, but I'm glad it happened two years in instead of four

Attached: 42145967_263792007584526_4091278484872101888_n.jpg (552x536, 26K)

Just slide the art under the door while its locked; not like its worth anything to anyone else anyways.

Did she drew things for you specifically? Or were they just general pieces? Regardless, you dodged a bullet because I've never seen anyone (who is sane) go through such great lengths to retrieve a gift back, let alone something made for a specific person.

That bitch got mental issues man

Look at all the fools trying to make OP sound bad! Listen, OP, it sounds like she is pretty important to you but she also very clearly is going through some shit in life to cause her to breakdown like this. I wouldn’t suggest getting back with her right now but trying to find out what is going on with her is a good idea. It sounds like she is suffering with insecurity as the result of the behaviour of someone else and I sincerely do not believe that someone is you and your drawings. Something else is going on here and you need to find out what.

user as harsh as this seems: be THANKFUL she broke up with you!!

Threats of physical violence if you do not give in to her demands?

You were in an abusive relationship weather you knew it or not.
That kind of behavior is unacceptable for anyone at any age. That is coercion and black mail and is highly illigal and very abusive. It sounds like she is the one who didn't appreciate you to be so abusive and threatening.

"They blocked her our too much" are you serious...?

When someone is abusive and threatening you with PHYSICAL VIOLENCE if you do not let them into your apartment? Blocking the person out is the exact thing to do. I would even call the cops if a girlfriend was acting that way. But I can understand why he wouldn't if he still loved her. Personally I couldn't love someone who treats me that way cause it's clear they don't care about you.

She claims she was coming over to fix things. Ask her if she wants to fix things still? Meet her at a neutral location. Don't let her walk all over you. Have an honest conversation about how her behavior made her feel and why you didn't want to let her into your apartment. Because you like her drawings and they mean something special to you so you thought it wasn't fair at all to take them away when she gave them to you. And that you would be happy to draw for her if she asks but it's unreasonable for you to know she wants you to draw for her if she doesn't communicate it.

This is clearly a lack of communication problem. Like 80% of all relationship problems. See how she responds to your communication. And tell her exactly how her response makes you feel.

If she doesn't TRY to understand your point of view she honestly isn't worth it. A balenced relationship takes two people putting in effort and meeting halfway to work. You can't have only one person putting into the relationship ship or one person putting more and the other less. It's jot gonna work out then. If people are selfish lime That. There will be a resentment.

Hey bros. Update time.

She has continued to insist that what I did was wrong and worse than what she did. She continues to insist I "ruined" things for us.

I care about her but honestly no matter how many times I tried to talk it over she just repeats that she isn't interested in getting back together.

Honestly I feel kind of relieved. I still love her and will always but I have been happier already. I feel free. I don't need a partner right now. I'm lonely and miss her sometimes but I can finally do things she made me feel bad about doing. I can be me again.

I want to improve myself as a partner in general. This is a great chance for me to fix my own issues too. It's going to be ok. Thank you anons.

Attached: 1534119089664.jpg (774x657, 56K)

Wise attitude. Good luck, user.