Anybody here have experience suing for discrimination against disability in the workplace?

Anybody here have experience suing for discrimination against disability in the workplace?

It’s a mental illness deal. I was fired for being kind of a schizo a year ago and was actually diagnosed as schizoeffective and bipolar after the mental breakdown being fired caused me. I have a giant mental health record from the psych ward to back me up in court. Dad said I can use his lawyer for anything, I just need to get over my social anxiety and call said lawyer.

Attached: 73FF7506-9869-4670-82BC-332C0D596062.png (467x496, 93K)

nope but I suggest you pray to christ of you want help of schizophrenia

I never actually heard voices or anything. I was just a delusional faggot. I’m much better now, thanks for asking.

np

I'm not a lawyer, but I suspect you'd have difficulty winning that. If you're a liability they're allowed to fire you. Antidiscrimination laws don't mean it's illegal to fire people with disabilities, even if it's because of their disability. They mean that it's illegal to fire them because of their disability if it doesn't interfere with their job.
It's especially hard to argue it's discrimination if they didn't know you had those disorders.
They can't let you go because "he's bipolar I don't like him" but they absolutely can let you go because "half the time he does his job fine, other times he's late to work and turns in his reports late"
See the difference?
Anyway I hope this helps. Talk to your lawyer though, he'll be able to say for certain.

It was a volunteer job, actually. They really did just let me go because “he’s bipolar, I don’t like him”.

>volunteer
>job
Pick one faggot

>suing for discrimination against disability
whatever you think you're owed, you're not. Go home and rot like the garbage you are

Is what is the actual scenario that happened? But yeah,
>suing a volunteer job

Good luck

Can you say what they *said* was the reason they let you go? Because what you'll have to do is prove that they didn't fire you for that, and infact fired you because of your disability (and not because of the effects of your disability on your job)
I have a condition that my memory and coordination, and I got let go from a life guarding job because of it, but I knew it was totally above the board because my job required that I have a good memory. Had I been able to do the job they required but been let go because they just don't like my handwriting, that would have been a different thing.

The dude straight up sent me an email saying he doesn’t know what my condition is but he can’t let me volunteer anymore.

Did he say why? Like if you're dealing with customers and unknowingly makingpeople uncomfortable or something, you can't exactly expect him to keep someone like that on and just eat the losses.

If they didn't know beforehand you were a schizo (and they couldn't have, since you weren't diagnosed yet), they can't be sued for discrimination. There is no intent. From their perspective, you were just being insufferable, probably.

He said something along those lines but he was a real ass about it. He didn’t tell me to get help or anything, he just told me gtfo.
Honestly I am much better and I would just like to volunteer there again but my social anxiety and autism is too overwhelming to just call them up and ask.

I doubt you'd have a worthwhile lawsuit then. Even if you won you probably wouldn't net any compensation.
Best you can do is send an email explaining that you now have treatment for your mental illnesses and that you'd like to work there again.
But like you said, too overwhelming.

Yeah, I’d just rather have a lawyer deal with it than me. I really just wanted to know what going through a lawsuit is like, though, but said lawyer told me he’d get back to me this afternoon. I don’t want their money, I just want to make a deal with them to let me back if it has to come to that.

Just volunteer somewhere else

The fuck is so important about this place

I bet it's some girl OP wants to orbit and convince himself she's in love with him

This is Jow Forums so seems probable

Why do you think your mental illness gives you an excuse to behave like a freak and still have a job? Take meds and find a job that won't get sick of your bullshit

Its not even a fucking job its volunteering