Will getting a cat help with my all-consuming need for love and affection and cuddles?

Will getting a cat help with my all-consuming need for love and affection and cuddles?

I'm 25 and never been in a romantic relationship.

The need for human contact and companionship is distracting me from working on my career. I've just about given up on trying to get dates.

I know a pet can't fill that void, but maybe it will help?

Attached: 10d.jpg (960x925, 104K)

A cat won't but strippers and whores will.

I'm a straight female. Makes it worse, right?

There's male versions of both of those things.

Gender? If male it won't fill the void left by your total lack of physical intimacy, sorry.
If female it won't provide you the emotional validation and attention you need.
In both cases it will lower your blood pressure and probably keep you company, so go ahead if that sounds nice.

Doesn't appeal to me. It's not really the sex that I want.

I fantasise about having sex with someone who loves me and who I love back.

Nope. It will give you toxoplasmosis though :’)

I hug a pillow. Yesterday, I kissed my reflection. You should get a puppet.

Are you ugly? Fat? What's the issue?
Sexual economics means you should be able to get a man with a snap of your fingers.

Attached: 1535960691209.jpg (1242x1191, 152K)

25 is a bit early to become a cat lady but it's not a bad time to begin reading about them and starting to look for the right seller.

>Sexual economics means you should be able to get a man with a snap of your fingers.

Hah! I wish.

I could very easily get casual sex, but that's not what I want. I want real intimacy, connection, companionship, dates. Not hookups with strangers

I'm not fat but I'm not that pretty, even with makeup. I'm also pretty boring as a person, there's not much to my personality and I'm not that visually appealing either, so I get why guys would only see me as a quick fuck rather than partner material

But I still have certain emotional needs that I need to deal with somehow.

>I'm also pretty boring as a person, there's not much to my personality
So what the fuck are motherfuckers supposed to connect with?

>So what the fuck are motherfuckers supposed to connect with?

I know right? It's a hopeless situation.

Yeah, totally hopeless. It's not like you can start developing your personality. I mean come on, if you're having a career, you can't be that dumb. What are your hobbies and passions, beyond whining of course,

I'm a software engineer, I like art.

But I'm not witty or funny or deep or interesting or anything really.

I would be so bored by someone like me, I usually have nothing to say and I'm not fun, even though I try.

I can fill that void and I’m not even trying to make a joke

>I'm a software engineer, I like art.
You didn't find a single potential mate during such a cockfest major? Also why did you pick that. What kind of art do you enjoy, why? Anything else? What kind of relationshit do you even expect, like how is it even supposed to work when you have such a low opinion of yourself?

>But I'm not witty or funny or deep or interesting or anything really.
All practice and experience.

>tfw no boring software """engineer""" gf
Ok in all seriousness, isn't it a little hypocritical to decide you won't settle for someone as boring as you?

>Hah! I wish.
>I could very easily get casual sex, but that's not what I want. I want real intimacy, connection, companionship, dates. Not hookups with strangers

So use OKCupid and Bumble, and state your intentions upfront
There are in fact guys on these platforms, even Tinder that would be open to a relationship.

>I'm also a pretty boring person
So are the vast majority of guys. I personally am interested in a particular girl I'm in a project with, that is average in every way *because* she's boring. I'm boring too. I don't want some jet-setting, high-maintenance stimulation-hungry diva. I just want someone to cuddle, watch tv with, explore restaurants, go on walks with, and fug; a simple quiet life.

>I'm a software engineer
Go to Meetup.com and join some tech groups. Also some 20's-30's socializing groups. Half the people in these are just like you.

Honestly, i think either there's something wrong with you that you're not saying, or [more likely] you're not putting in enough effort. If it's the latter, you have no excuse to be whining right now.

Gonna go off on a limb here and assume guys have shown interest and you've turned them down. If so, then that's fine, but I want you to consider that you're not picking people who pick you. There's a whole myriad of reasons why this could be.

>I fantasise about having sex with someone who loves me and who I love back.
Don't we all.

A cat won't hurt, look after it well. They're not loyal like dogs but mine would always love to get his belly rubs at night. Just don't call it a furbaby.

Cats can have toxoplasmosis, which can be transmited to humans and contribute to schizophrenia, depression and suicide, especially on females.

Get a dog.

Attached: 1532207252607.jpg (1200x1149, 138K)

Get a small dog breed. Cats are more a solitary creature

You should adopt a cat
Ask if they have any really cuddly ones at the shelter. Shelter workers usually know all the cats well enough to know specific things like that. It wont fill the void but it will help a bit having another living creature that will lay there with you and enjoy your company.

Attached: DLcE6aEUEAAJiuX.jpg (1536x2048, 558K)

I have 4 cats. Doesn't help a damn bit.