How was Mass today, Jow Forums?

How was Mass today, Jow Forums?

Attached: dcfelj4filr11.jpg (298x298, 68K)

It was going well until they hit me up for money.

I'll go in the eavening

Why are you asking so early for us West Coast bro don’t you know how time zones work?

Yo it’s only 4:30am for you tops

what time is the divine liturgy
i'm unironically asking i have no idea, i've never been to one

Attached: 1496368939756.jpg (754x1158, 103K)

usually around 10-11 AM and 17-18 PM. Look up your nearest church website and see if they have a schedule on it or call them and ask

is it not one set time?
i'm kinda thinking it's really early in the morning for some reason

The pope is the antichrist

What time is church free?

No, every church tends to have slightly different times. In theory there's mass every hour, but that's not generally the case, at least not nowadays

i'm not talking about mass mate
i'm talking about orthodox divine liturgy

oh sorry, no idea about that

I am spiritually broken. Please pray for me.

you can find time postings for divine liturgy as well as vespers - most orthodox church websites do in fact have them posted, although you may find that they are a bit early in the morning.

Sorry, I don't involve myself in jew traditions

>orthodox church
>website
lmao mate
this isn't burgerland where most churches are McChurches™ with wifi and a free buffet

Literally nothing wrong in having a parish website.

did you know that the point in history where historians agree that christianity ceased to be just a type of judaism is when real jews rebelled against the romans with their supposed real messiah (their belief was that the messiah will give them back Jerusalem through war) and the chirstian jews stayed out of it
long story short 580 000 jews died

really because it's standard practice in almost every country.

yeah but it kinda just seems inauthentic you know
a church that's been around since the 12th century (that's the one near me) having a website
doesn't sit right

well, plenty of them do have websites, especially if they have an established community.
>free buffet
at most my parish has coffee hour after the divine liturgy and every now and then one of the greek grandmas will show up with baklava. we're not rich haha

Went pretty well until the priest dragged me and my wife's son into the back room, he told my son to 'confess his sins', and he told me he knew I was a cuck and asked if I wanted to watch.

Good... At least, that’s what I told the Altar boy before he got his present.

Attached: 8415DAB0-8229-4544-8304-BAC1FA004D8E.gif (487x815, 587K)

doesn't sit right mate
it's one of those things that should be above that
stable and not needing to change with every new gadget
like having divine liturgy over some vr headset occulus thing
you diaspora?

oh no no no, they're not doing a kind of virtual divine liturgy on the website or anything silly like that. most of them simply have a calendar as well as some simple articles or information for those who might be interested. at best, they're just facilitating the exchange of basic information for people who might not be as informed as they could be. like fasting. most churches will have some information posted online about how to handle fasting.
>diaspora
no, i'm not.

>no, i'm not.
then how are you orthodox?
>oh no no no, they're not doing a kind of virtual divine liturgy on the website or anything silly like that. most of them simply have a calendar as well as some simple articles or information for those who might be interested. at best, they're just facilitating the exchange of basic information for people who might not be as informed as they could be. like fasting. most churches will have some information posted online about how to handle fasting.
i know mate, i'm just saying it's still in that general direction
changing to fit with the times and all that and it doesn't sit right

>then how are you orthodox?
because it appealed to me and because i completed my catechumenate. they don't refuse to convert people you know, it's just a bit difficult with the way US diaspora communities work. but, with good behavior the community can learn to treat you well - especially if you really are genuine in your faith. i don't consider myself greek by any means, and i certainly am not, and neither do my fellow parishioners consider me greek, but we get along quite well as all of us are orthodox christians.
>why then go to a greek church?
well, GOARCH is nearest to me. actually, there is a church specifically for american english speakers, basically overseen by the russian patriarch, but they don't have a church near me. i'd go there if i had the choice. the greeks are wonderful people but they and i both understand that communities are not without their ethnic components.
>changing to fit with the times
well, i see what you're saying. but, it's not like they're doing tv services or anything like that... plus, for the eucharist to be valid, you still have to actually be there to receive the body and blood of christ, anyways.

>plus, for the eucharist to be valid, you still have to actually be there to receive the body and blood of christ, anyways.
still mate
it sets a precedent

i kinda sympathize with your point. modernity tries to infest the church in every corner. maybe the web should be avoided altogether. alas

It sucked , i cheated on my wife , confessed it to a priest and now i have to suck his dick each week or he will tell my wife all about the cheating........

the church was a mistake

Lol you shouldnt've cheated on the first place