Is Russia on the path to marginalising its Muslim population?

trtworld.com/opinion/is-russia-on-the-path-to-marginalising-its-muslim-population-23927

New laws and rhetoric that defines parameters for acceptable forms of Islam in Russia run the risk of turning into draconian laws that can potentially be used to persecute Russian Muslims.
“We, the below-named, promise and vow before almighty God and the great Prophet Muhammad on four of his most just books, the Gospels, the Torah, Psalms of David, and the Qur’an, that we . . . must serve as loyal subjects of his imperial majesty . . . In concluding this our oath, we kiss the Qur’an of our Prophet Muhammad. Amen.”

An oath sworn by Muslims of the Russian empire, 1809

Russia has ruled Muslim populations for over five hundred years, and since the early nineteenth century, Muslims presented a unique challenge for Imperial Russia.

Catherine the Great adopted a policy of co-opting Muslim clergy and utilising them to be able to control and assimilate the Muslim population by inaugurating a policy of religious tolerance that made Islam an essential pillar of Orthodox Russia. For generations, the Tsars supported a particular type of Muslim figure in exchange for ensuring that forms of Islam seen by the state as potentially destabilising would be controlled.

This model informed policies within modern Russia through the institutionalising of Islam as a solid pillar of governance to mobilise religion for its benefit. Russia occupies a unique position in the Muslim world and has a very complex relationship with Islam due to the nine Muslim republics within it - with a total population of 25 million Muslims.

The Kremlin is aware of the historical allegiances of the Russian Muslim Tatars, and the Crimean Khanate's connections with the Ottoman and Safavid empires. Russia has had 200 years of sporadic warfare with the Muslims of the North Caucasus and the suppression of the Chechen quest for independence between 1994 and 2000.

Attached: 1549568145428.jpg (259x194, 9K)

The stereotype of Muslims being 'Islamic extremists' is derived from the continued clashes and tension in the North Caucasus, like in Dagestan and Chechnya. Russia’s Muslims are viewed by the government as “potential Islamic fundamentalists” that represent an “imminent threat to the integrity of the Russian Federation.”

It is imperative to question whether this threat is superficial and whether this discussion is being encouraged by the authorities to use the perceived threat of Islam as an excuse for crushing opposition.

Islam is seen by Moscow as a transnational, millennialist challenge that threatens to encompass Russia.

Pigeonholes

In the last few years, the Kremlin has been widely using the phrase “traditional Islam” to regulate and design a new form of Islam that is difficult to define due to its several connotations.

The term has confused Muslims with its varied usage in designating forms of Islam that are inscribed in Russian history, and seen as 'moderate' as well as loyal to secular authorities.

In the Muslim religious environment, the term “traditional Islam” was first proposed by the High Mufti Talgat Tajutdin in the early 1990s in response to “new realities threatening the stability of Russia and the post-Soviet space in general.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin has stated that traditional Islam is an integral part of the Russian cultural code and an essential component of Russia’s cosmopolitanism. He has also defined the hijab as not a part of “traditional Islam” – merely borrowed from an alien tradition. This statement has raised eyebrows among Muslims and in particular Muslim women who feel the brunt of his words.

The neologism which was designed to facilitate an understanding of Islamic realities, has, on the contrary, forced Muslims to question what it means to hold onto “traditional Russian Islam.”

Any Russian court can declare material (book, leaflet, song, slogan, video, website or webpage) “extremist" or “not traditionally Islamic.” The Justice Ministry is then empowered to list that work on its Federal List of Extremist Materials, including classic literature such as the book ‘40 Hadith’ by Imam Nawawi or works written by one of the most prominent and influential Islamic philosophers, Abu Hamid Al Ghazali.

On 21st January 2019, a court in the Russian city Samara banned a translation of the Quran and blacklisted it as extremist - which outraged many Russian Muslims. This version of the translation by an Azeri theologian named Elmir Kuliyev is one of several available in the country, and for more than ten years it was used as ancillary literature in Muslim educational institutions.

The Quran translation case seems to have gone further in regulating a large and long-established minority by narrowing the field of Islamic education in the Russian language.

According to the Kremlin, all foreign Muslims are the principal factor behind the radicalisation of Muslims in Russia. Any Islamic idea, book and organisation influenced outside of Russia can be branded as “non-traditional Islam."

The “domestication" of Islam has created dilemmas for Russian Muslims in contemporary Russia and raised concerns of how they relate at the same time to secular authorities. The concept of ‘traditional Islam’ will make it easier for Russian authorities to repress religious communities, stifle peaceful dissent, and detain and imprison people.

Similarly as China has clamped down on its Muslim population of Uyghurs, one must question just how far Russian authorities are willing to go in regularising Islam in the country. To what degree will a large section of the population become marginalised, and to what extent will draconian measures be adopted in suppressing the identity of millions of Muslims who are unlikely to remain silent for much longer.

bump

Nice info dump. Hopefully the Russians can manage the Muslims more efficiently in coming years. Putin and Kadyrov's relationship is particularly interesting.

Greetings, user. Here's someone from an actual muslim area in Russia (Bashkortostan).
As far as I can tell you about that area, it's just normal to have Muslims, Christians and Atheists all around and the vast majority of people don't care too much about it.
I couldn't say that the muslim population here poses any problem for Russia. I would describe a lot of them as basically behaving like Atheists, just that they believe in spiritual stuff.

Who cares?
Isn't this board againts Islam?

Bashkortostan and Tatarstan are Europeanized, so they don't really strike out like Chechnya, which is a savage shithole like Middle East

this board supports Islamic-style conservatism, but doesn't like Muhammad and Arabs

>Islamic-style conservatism
You mean by being retarded cunts ?

kek welcome to the club. no place for faggy liberals

LIE

Attached: putin muslim islam commie.jpg (1000x915, 133K)

Where did I say that they had to be liberals?
Just out of curiosity, what is Islamic conservatism?

i don't care about their political ideology, if they're stupid they're stupid.

sorry Mongol subhuman this board is ours now

this

it's mainly hatred to women because they don't want to have sex with them, hatred to Jews because they're smarter,
a bit of homophobia, etc, but those are weaker forms

Islamic-style* conservatism, this is revival traditional family-oriented values in place of "enlightened" liberalist individualism and humanism dissolving Western societies into oblivion

>calling someone subhuman
>comes from Algeria

Attached: 1539336999981.jpg (479x317, 25K)

Putin doesn't care about Muslims, all what he do is in order to satisfy the Islamic population of Russia and to evade any possibility of religious civil war
if such a thing happens Burgerland will take the chance to interfere in Russia and this is exactly what the Kremlin
better have muslims as your allies then as pawns used by western globalists

Because Muslims were oppressed for centuries in Russia.

shut up roach go back to Turkey

>flag
>calling others subhuman
Maybe
Are you sure, you aren't from Syria?

*what the Kremlin fears

Russia is starting up policies that favor ethnic Russians.

One reason for this is that pro-white policies resonate with westerners that are flooded with non-whites, as that get a good percentage of whites in the west to be on their team.

Attached: thank god we saved the west.jpg (678x960, 152K)

To Turkey? You seem confused, little man.

>putin promised
I would take a word of actual Muslim than lying KGB scum.

Attached: d.jpg (876x307, 45K)

>Because Muslims were oppressed for centuries in Russia.
Time to restart that, and for the Russians to use the mixed western populations to create as much ethnic tension in the west as possible.

Attached: need you.jpg (1158x1600, 831K)

Translating to English

>Islamic-style conservatism
Aggressive toxic uninformative behaviour full of hatred and venom

>revival traditional family-oriented values
Hatred to women and desire to oppress them because they don't want to have sex with them and follow their rubbish views voluntarily.

Tatar super power when?

Attached: Kazakhstan subhumans.jpg (602x338, 80K)

He is, he hates jews and makes threads about sending them back to Poland.

Attached: fugmuzzes.jpg (600x452, 69K)

>flag
nah am not Mr.roach

Attached: Roachs in Germany.jpg (480x324, 31K)

I really prefer just having european and decent muslims over radicalising them even further

Attached: 1448708825_1376656246.jpg (590x442, 48K)

>TRT

lol I am Danish, jeg er pæredansk. but I have realized that Western nations are becoming empty shells and cannot survive the "inevident" globalization, which is solely due to our weakness

>t. Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov
Why don't you go back to Russia, if you hate west so much???

>I would take a word of actual Muslim than lying KGB scum.
You'll get a chance to do that soon, as Ukraine will need to take in muslims to get EU money.

Attached: russia is 4chan.png (949x1032, 1002K)

Attached: muss.png (600x800, 23K)

I'm not even close to being Turkish, lmao. But thanks for displaying your sub-saharan IQ

>IN THE NAME OF VODKA

Attached: Russian Subhuman.jpg (362x364, 106K)

>ukraine
every tiem
no one here cares about muslims
CIA shillnigger pls go

Attached: 1549610383239.jpg (325x243, 26K)

calm moshe

He's not Russian, he's from muslim shithole, pakistan or something.

Putin loves muslim shitskins a lot, and needs them.
I suppose it is because he expects that as him and his kike buddies rob entire country further, one day common working russian men supported by ethnic nationalists have enough of him and will tell his regime to fuck off. If this happens, army and police manned by Russians refuse to use lethal weapons to subdue rioters. This is why he needs muzies.
Make no mistake, Putin is mongrel manlet whose only allegiance is to his kike mob.

nice try shlomo, you're not fooling anyone

>Islam
>not marginal
Where in the whole white world, exactly?

it's time for you to go back to /po/russia, kiddo

I'm not surprised. Germans are demoralized, and no longer see any value in continuing to exists as Germans.

It's painful to watch.

Attached: german gen.png (1410x945, 1.69M)

this

as for us we don't need to bother ourselves to kill you, i mean you're already doing this by drinking vodka to death
i think you should pay more attention to your sister, these new Somalians immigrants in your hood having their eyes on her

Attached: Drunk-russian-crop.jpg (453x286, 21K)

after the sudden skyrocketing of Orthodoxy in Russia, Islam has decreased more and more

Attached: russia-1.png (308x463, 24K)

Remind me, who once did explicitly stated that "Russia is not for the Russians"? Or who made holohoax denial a crime?

it really depends on the region. There are more than enough regions where the german population still makes up the majority and sees islam as pure cancer.
But really, I don't think that Islam itself is cancerous, but rather following any religion to this extent. If you had people following the bible just as the arabs follow the quran, it would be just as disgusting

Ask tatars themselves.
They got cucked very easily. Half of the marriages in Tatarstan are mixed. I bet the majority of female are tatars :/
Where specifically is your weakness? Just as it was expected

It's our elites that hate the west, while I want the west to survive as white countries.

Attached: sheep.jpg (1024x900, 78K)

>sister
>somalian immigrants
i have neither here, lol. but i guess even the somalians are better people than you

Most Muslims in Russia are ethnically Turkic and Erdogan's media machine is eyeing the opportunity - OP's source, TRT World, is Turkey's official mouthpiece.

Any Muslim persecution in Russia, historically and present, is the result of their mutiny and they end up hurting themselves. Not unlike Kurds.

The west was dead drunk for three centuries,(16-1900) and Russia and Ireland is just a century behind.

Russians drink more beer and wine than vodka now, so it's going in the right direction.

>MUH JOOZ
Dumb moron, don't involve Jews in the same shit as pootin. Any self-respecting Jew hates this KGB manlet and his cronies.

Thats only good thing Russians do, at least they will not get fucked by tribes of "Muhamads". In all i think Russians should start global effort to burn all mudslimes alive.

Its better to have them opressed, than raping your doughter.

Russia isn't the worst country by alcohol consumption, the Irish, Finns, Brits drink much as well and may be even more.

It's mostly the retarded drunk behaviour made that Russian stereotypical image.

So this is why half of his oligarch friends has Israeli dual citizenship, and all the lib kike mass media get funding from state-owned Gazprom? Sounds like you're too small fry of a yid to see whole picture, perhaps nose enlargement surgery will help.

I want those sweet soviet numbers back though. 61% atheists is pretty nice

>it really depends on the region.
The Russian occupied parts are not as demoralized as the Western occupied ones.

>If you had people following the bible just as the arabs follow the quran, it would be just as disgusting
Being this brainwashed.... Norwegians never followed the bible, like muslims follow the koran, and the same is probably true in Germany.

I'm no fan of religion, but to say all religions are equal is childish.

Attached: german genocide.jpg (1326x632, 655K)

>i have neither here
sure you don't

Attached: HoneckGermany.jpg (400x600, 41K)

He uses Jow Forums memes to make it look like libshits from /po/russia hating Putin are /ourguys/ that's it.

Why would you be against Islam if you are a man?

The world becomes much freeya with Sharia.

>get multiple wives
>wives can't ho around
>only thing you have to do is not publicly say islam sucks monkey dick

>our weaknesses
Messiah complex, hedonism, narcissism, apathy to self-destructive behavior, disappearance of social cohesion, rampant degeneracy and disloyalty to nation and family. this is almost unfixable as of today, we are bound for dissolution into globohomo multikulti wonderland

yes, east germany is doing pretty alright in that regard.
in the west you have many cities where like 70% of young people are foreigners. But it's not just muslims, there's basically everything. Russians, Italians, Poles and what not.
The non-white article is pure bullshit though.

Cкaжи "Чeчня - кpyтo", poccиянин.

>It's mostly the retarded drunk behaviour made that Russian stereotypical image.
I suspect Russia also contains people like the Scandinavian Saami, or American indians that don't take alcohol very well.

It's true that the West were dead drunk for three centuries though, and that some countries were ahead and some countries lagged behind.

google 'drunk for a penny, dead drunk for two'

yep, a wet dream of an incel

Muslims oppressed Christians since the beginning, you shitskin.

>in the west you have many cities where like 70% of young people are foreigners.
Oslo is majority non-white, so the cancer is in all the US imperial puppets.

not following the religion is what makes them bearable.
Christianity and Islam both have just stupid religious books. Only reason I see why christians are better is them not actually following any of it.

Чeчня - кpyтo.

Now go back to /po/russia. People come here because they're tired of your libshit bollocks on harkach. And take your Ukrainian friends with you.

>Oslo is majority non-white
soon.

If Russia joined the EU, tomorrow, their entire country (except for kikes who control it and rich oligarchs) would move even to fucking Slovakia and Croatia

t. know dozens of Russians who got moldovian citizenship(had romanian grandpas and parents) only to move here and then go west
some stayed tho

I have put my peepee in more than one vegana including unused ones, thus my opinion is valid.

>islam is against degeneracy (homos, trannies etc)
>islam allows you to go to heaven if you kill at least 1 infidel, compared to christianity which requires you to act good and shit
>islam allows you to come on and in 9 year olds, while christianity reserves it only to priests
>islam is clearly superior religion to christianity

I am a realist and nothing matters once I am gone, why not make the ride the best we can?

>Christianity and Islam both have just stupid religious books.
Denmark-Norway was sort of a military state and dead drunk when book printing gave us the "trve Bible" and Norwegians found out that they were heretics.

>messiah complex
>dissapeqreance of social cohesion
These are they key problems imho
Yet, do you really think they can't be fixed?
Why do you think so and how did you get to that conclusion?

One of our worst cities is Stuttgart.
610k total population, 340k germans and 270k people with migrational background
Counting by citizenship, they have 155k foreigners out of which 118k are european.
Biggest groups are from following countries in following order:
Turkey, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Romania, Serbia, Bosnia, Syria, Portugal, Poland

Do you think Estonia will go muslim in your lifetime?

The answer is obviously no, and since you don't care about what happens after you are dead, you don't even have children.

Хәйepлe киc, иптәштәpe. How's the situation in Kazakhstan at the moment?

>One of our worst cities is Stuttgart.
The worst is when you have this continuum. It's easier to create tension and hatred when you got Norwegians(poles+swedes+danes) and the Pakis, MENA and niggers like we have.

Thats actually a decent form of conservatism
In reality bad islamic conservatism is essentially arabic nationalism with arabic-only quran readings, arabic-style only dresses, arabic-style only tradition and so on and so forth to the point where non-arabs being declared not true muslims because muhammad was an arab(some of ismalic denominations in meddle east are already like this, you can read about non-arab muslims on hadj or joining islamist groups getting shit from arabs despite supposed muslim brotherhood)
Bascially if we throw out all the arab influence from islam its an ok religion not unlike christianity without rome and judaism without jews

>sovietization of muslims
Based and redpilled.
Mad Tatar detected.

Modern Westerners are taking our living standards for given, and it cannot be fixed unless we go through economic downfall. General populace live in bubbles, and they have to be affected personally

Who fucking cares? Russia should be nuke

It's not really creating much tension. But Germany is far far away from becoming non-white. You could just describe Germany as becoming USA Junior.

Attached: Usrainac.jpg (570x516, 85K)

This 100% summarises the problem with most Westerners.

Attached: 93b8c065f2dd07fca5ffab3a8975e8b5b7966a6bc17f2b24452e68de37ea5213.png (664x1003, 463K)

>sovietization of muslims
>:)
>sovietization of poles
>:(

>You could just describe Germany as becoming USA Junior.
'Germany becoming Brazil' is the meme.

>But Germany is far far away from becoming non-white.
The German regime have made having children to expensive for the natives, so I'm not sure that is true.

Have Germans started to hate on journalists yet? The German regime can't protect those treasonous scum, so they are Globohomo's weakest link.

Attached: hateprees is not free press.jpg (720x1155, 209K)

Lol, Russia’s entire population is marganalized. It has a lower GDP than the state of Ohio.

>Хәйepлe киc, иптәштәpe.
?
>how is situation
What exactly do you want to know? >let the situation fix itself
>believe the universe
>we don't matter
Lol, are slowly turning from syrian into chinese?

Probably not.

You are right, I don't have children and don't plan on having any, because in this day and age they are an economical suicide and a trap.

Imagine having to pay 250 euros a month minimum for 18 years should you split with the mother of your children.

250 * 12 * 18 = 54000 euros. Would I rather buy real estate and rent it out to ensure financial stability throughout my life. That 54k euros could start doing drugs, die in a freak accident or just outright hate you because the women tend to get custody of the children and so on.

Not to mention, I could save those 54k, eat healthily and work out, then take a trip to asian countries and have unprotected sex with bunch of prostitutes.

I'm not trying to use a meme or anything, i'm actually serious about it becoming USA Junior.

58% of children age 0-3 are foreigners. 61% between 3-6. With foreigners already taking up roughly 44% of the population, it's not overly drastic.
It's just something that happens when you give women too many rights and they start pursuing careers instead of having a family

well, I have a solution but most people prefer their comfortable lives to this and wouldn't make the concessions needed in their lifestyles. Most Westerners would take the path of least resistance, like water. so they have to learn the hard way